Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2016, 13:44   #1441
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

@karan72510 – I’ve figured that the pattern I want is there in the AT but not in the MT. Refer to what Promit has mentioned in his post on this page.
At times when I switch off the car I want my music to continue without any break but that’s not possible in the MT. Like I mentioned earlier, I will have to live with this irritant.

@promit – congratulations on your AT. If I’m not mistaken you have to press the display button to switch off the display while its running. The music keeps running while the display remains off.
And yes they are parking lights and not DRLs. Very very gimimicky but looks good at dawn & dusk. The best implementation of DRLs is by baleno – very AUDIish, both in terms of brightness as well as shape.
TorkBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 00:21   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Got it!
The behavior is mentioned in the Creta manual. Looks like even the service center guys did not know about this feature
dextor, Can you help me on this? Yesterday to beat the foul smell coming from AC, I ran the AC on full blast on heater mode for some time. After that, my AC switch and the re-circulation switch is always ON. I am unable to shut it off. What is the trouble? How to come out of this?
Old 27th November 2016, 01:56   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
dextor, Can you help me on this? Yesterday to beat the foul smell coming from AC, I ran the AC on full blast on heater mode for some time. After that, my AC switch and the re-circulation switch is always ON. I am unable to shut it off. What is the trouble? How to come out of this?
Either the "Temperature control" knob is in the Max Cool mode or the "Mode selection" knob is on Defrost.
In these cases the AC button gets switched on automatically. In first case even re-circulation button gets switched on (not sure in 2nd case though).
You can move the knobs accordingly to resolve the issue.
Old 1st December 2016, 23:37   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Also, is there a way to view a list of songs on a pendrive? I am yet to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Promit
You may have already figured this out. In any case, here it is. Click on Media button. Tap on Menu at the top right corner. One of the menu option is List. There you have the option to view folders or even all songs across all folders. Hope this helps.

Congrats on your new ride. Driving AT is a breeze. Am embarking on one more 2K+ trip tomorrow.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 20:11   #1445

Hi All,

I have a Creta 1.4 S and have a question regarding Reverse Parking Camera.

I was under the impression that the built in Audio unit in S model does not have a video input and hence the reverse parking camera display can not be directed to the AVN unit and a separate display is required. But on some other auto forum, I came across posts where people have claimed to connect the reverse parking camera to the existing AVN unit using a special adaptor.

Would be helpful if anyone can confirm the same.
Old 2nd December 2016, 23:26   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneLane View Post
I have a Creta 1.4 S and have a question regarding Reverse Parking Camera.
What I came to know from some marketing guy is that in new Cretas (2016) the display unit can be used for reverse camera but some kind of special adapter is needed. But it can only be used for camera display. If you want to fit sensors also the display of the sensor indication will need separate device.
I went with additional glass mounted screen which displayed both video & sensor indication. Did not wanted to play with company fitted system.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd December 2016 at 23:28. Reason: reduced quoted post
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 00:14   #1447
BHPian

Dear all,

I have started hearing a squeaking noise whenever I press the clutch on my Creta Petrol MT. The car is 6 months old and has run 7200 kms. Has anyone else also encountered this issue?
Old 3rd December 2016, 14:26   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Dear all,

I have started hearing a squeaking noise whenever I press the clutch on my Creta Petrol MT. The car is 6 months old and has run 7200 kms. Has anyone else also encountered this issue?
Even i have started experiencing the same squeaking noise whenever i release the clutch on my Creta CRDI MT. Mine is May 2016 manufactured and has run 5500+ kms.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 3rd December 2016 at 14:28. Reason: correction
Old 3rd December 2016, 15:01   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Even i have started experiencing the same squeaking noise whenever i release the clutch on my Creta CRDI MT. Mine is May 2016 manufactured and has run 5500+ kms.

My friends 2014 Verna Fluidic has the same problem. The service guys have not been able to sort it out in spite of repeated visits.
Old 3rd December 2016, 19:21   #1450
BHPian

Well, in the past 1 month, I missed informing the group here that I’ve got the delivery of my MT Diesel Creta, anniversary edition on 5th Nov.

Just like a lot of others here, I had the considered the usual choices before finalising on the creta
Following options considered but rejected due to reasons mentioned:

Alternatives / Options
i20 active – Was tempted due to the features offered which were more than what creta had plus the ‘at par’ SUVish ground clearance but was dropped since I already have the 2012 Igen i20
Verna - End of its lifespan & I was more keen on buying a SUV
City – Proven car, Sunroof was tempting due to my sons liking for it but dropped due to ‘not so refined’ iDTEC. Also ground clearance was a concern.
Ecosport – Rear space inadequate & it’s almost at the end of its lifespan, plus it’s a ford - just not to my comfort
Brezza – Was ruled out for the long waiting period & absence of finesse / quality. For eg. Look at the way the silencer can is almost completely dangling outside when you are following the car. Just gives a feeling of bad design / cutting corners.
Duster – Quite an impressive ride & good looks but internally it’s just not up there. Plus doubts on servicing & spares.
BRV – Honda what are you upto? Its just a mobilio in a little different clothing. Although got to give them marks on space management & also on the ‘front design’, but the car just fails to get classified as a SUV. It still looks like a MUV hence rejected. Most importantly, where is the HRV? Looks like the product strategy desks at Honda seem to be occupied by morons.

After a lot of analysis and views read here eventually bought the Diesel MT Creta
Within the variants anniversary edition was finalised due to its EVOQUEish looks. I would have anyways got the after-market dual tone done in the normal creta. So this version saved me from those expenses / effort.

Comprehensive reviews are already covered in this thread so I will restrict to what according to me are the pros & cons of this vehicle
Lets me start with the positives first

What I liked
Smooth Power delivery – just love the torque & overall power
FE is quite good – Got almost 17 kmpl in a NH 4 travel. In city FE atleast as of now looks like 14 kmpl. It’s as good as my i20 with a larger engine
Riding position – quite a good view of the road & gives a proper overall SUV feel
Ride quality – very good considering the boaty ride of i20. Now I don’t have to think twice before approaching the infamous Mumbai potholes. The "thud" sound in the i20 was quite disturbing.
Audio quality – Although some members have complained on the audio quality, I’ve found it to be good. I am not an audiophile but you can get an idea on my fondness for music considering I’ve had a woofer, amplifier in my previous cars. Although I will upgrade the ICE (amp + woofer + ovals) over a period of time but the current setup seems to be good for the time being.
Large flat boot – Had a travel to my village & used the boot to its fullest capacity. The loading lip level & shape of the boot is quite an ease for moving stuff in & out.
Comfort at rear – Although I am yet to travel on the rear bench but my family has praised the ride & space comfort
Cornering head lamps – extremely useful especially at my village where there are numerous dark spots.
Quality construct – Everything internally & externally oozes finesse.
Tyres & mags – Love the way they look. Few OEM mags look this good. I’ve got bridgestone dueler sport factory fitted & I’ve found them to be quite good.
12v ports – Helps to have that extra port in front of the rear bench. Keeps the family happy in these times of power hungry smartphones.
NVH – A very quiet cabin & very well managed damping ensures a pleasurable ride.
Horn – Well a small thing but right out of the factory it has a European feel to it. Loud & sweet sounding.

What I hated
No lights in buttons on armrests – Hyundai, does this incur so much cost to include it in a vehicle upwards of 15 lacs?? It’s extremely inconvenient at night / in dark.
Poor screen legibility in sunlight – Extremely bad visibility in sunlight. If you are reversing and there’s sunlight on your screen its almost impossible to see what’s there on the screen. Cars costing much lesser have better screen legibility.
Absence of internal dimming mirror – Height of cost saving by Hyundai. I had got used to this useful feature in my i20
No speed lock – One more stupid cost saving measure by Hyundai. This is a security hazard. When I am paying upwards of 15 lacs, absence of this is least expected.
Absence of rain sensing wipers – Its an extremely useful feature & coming from an i20 this was expected in creta.

What I did not like
Date missing in display – Even my 4 year old i20 has it.
Hour and minute easily editable – Editing does not require long press. This leads accidental time changes if a kid fiddles with the buttons.
Stop button stopping all functions – At times when I switch off the car I want my music to continue without any break but that’s not possible here.
Android auto – The factory navigation is useless if it doeant provide traffic data. Google maps is way ahead in terms of navigation & traffic updates. It almost makes the in-car navigation redundant. Android auto would have solved this but its absent. I hear that HMIL has introduced it in Tucson.
Auto headlamp / Auto mirror fold – Well not a must-have but expected in car costing this much
Ingress / egress due to height – Benefit of ground clearance & SUV stance has impacted the convenience of stepping in & out of the vehicle. Not a big problem but mom complains of the discomfort due to height.
FE / DTE – Dont know when Hyundai is going to introduce this feature in their fleet of cars. Its even there in sub 10 lacs cars.
Absence of CD player / internal storage – The lower variants of creta have this. HMIL, why is this missing in the higher variants
Headlights – Dont knos if other members have faced this but I find the headlights to be average considering they are projectors. I20 again scores better here with the conventional headlamps. Would like to know alternatives to improve the overall brightness without drilling holes & doing extreme mods.

Attaching some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0917.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0928.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0930.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0954.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0956.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0957.jpg  

TorkBHP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 19:45   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Well, in the past 1 month, I missed informing the group here that I’ve got the delivery of my MT Diesel Creta, anniversary edition on 5th Nov.
Congratulations! Hope you have a lot of happy miles on your ride!

I'm currently also considering biting the cake and getting the Creta, since I'm no hurry, I'll wait a while. Your pros and cons really did help though!
Old 3rd December 2016, 20:03   #1452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Dear all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
My friends 2014 Verna Fluidic has the same problem. The service guys have not been able to sort it out in spite of repeated visits.
I had that problem in my diesel MT which occurred at regular intervals but not always. They lubricated the clutch pedal and it worked. Do try that.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 07:14   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Took delivery on Wednesday. It is a Petrol automatic. Will share initial impressions soon.

Attachment 1572234
What's the mileage in city and highway you are getting? Waiting for a complete review from your side on the Creta Petrol AT. Was it through CSD?
Old 4th December 2016, 08:49   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
@TorkBHP - Congrats on your new Creta . Enjoy you new ride!

I got the delivery of my Creta SX+ Petrol MT last week from Popular Hyundai, Kochi. The booking and delivery process were smooth. I insisted on buying insurance on my own as they quoted exorbitant insurance premium. Got a great deal for 11.5 lakhs IDV from an online insurance website (PM me for details). The OTR price I paid was 13.65 lakhs (excluding the accessories I bought from the dealer). Got some freebies too in addition to 5 liters of petrol from them.

Got the rear bumper brake lights fitted and the glossy black roof wrap from the dealer. I wanted to get the wrap done from 3M. But the price they quoted was just too much. So, I opted for the dealer's one. I think they have done a decent job and got a small discount for both these accessories.

Now about the car, it is one of the smoothest cars I have ever driven/owned. The engine refinement and smoothness is commendable. The in-cabin quietness is great. The clutch is super light. The power delivery is linear and overtaking is effortless. The ride quality is just superb. It glides over the pothole ridden roads of Kochi with ease. The knee room is more than adequate at the back and the rear aircon vents accentuate the comfort level. This is my fourth car in the last 5.5 years and I can undoubtedly say that this is the best car buying decision I'd made during this period.

The Creta has it's own flaws for sure. To start, the braking is not very confidence inspiring. As many Bhpians have mentioned here, you need to plan the braking in advance. For a modern day car, this is just not acceptable. Hope brakes will set-in after a couple of thousand kms as mentioned in the Owner's Manual. I feel the gear shifts are a bit notchy. The rear parcel shelf makes some rattle when the car goes over bumps. I think I need to fix it with some padding on the parcel shelf lining. Boot space is ok. The luggage net is a good addition, but I miss the luggage hooks. Anyway, I'd stick my neck out and say It is an almost perfect urban compact SUV. I say 'almost' as Hyundai decided to skip features like DTE, avg FE on MID, split rear seats and auto door locks. What the heck, Hyundai??
FE figures as of now is around 9.5 kmpl after driving for ~270 kms in the city bumper-to-bumper traffic with 100% aircon on. Hope it improves to 10-11 kmpl (in city) after a couple of thousand kms.

Tyre upsize to 225/60/R16 on cards now. A tyre dealer offered to buy back the stock Goodyear 205/65/16 at Rs. 4000 per tyre. Is it a good price? Your opinion on this would help me take a decision.

Now, some snaps of my red beauty!
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta_front.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta_rear.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta_r3q.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta_side.jpg
Cruzerman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 09:38   #1455
BHPian

@cruzerman - congratulations on your red beauty. It indeed looks stunning with the roof wrap. If it wouldn't have been for the anniversary edition, my choice would have been the red colour with roof wrap.
Pls share the cost of bumper lights and roof wrap.
IFAIK a new goodyear tyre of the same size should cost around 5.5k. Considering that your tyre will be used although sparingly, 4k buy back seems fine.
My braking experience has been quite good contrary to yours.
Let me know the fix you do for the parcel tray noise, I am facing this problem as well.
TorkBHP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed