Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2017, 22:39   #1531
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.4 s+ vs 1.6 sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh91 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to buy Hyundai Creta and have got confused between top-end 1.4 ltr Diesel version and the id segment 1.6 ltr Diesel one. Now the major points of contention are :

1. Power - ~120 bhp vs ~87 bhp. Does it make more sense to buy a powerful engine (at the cost of mileage, obviously)? Most of my driving is in the city with an occasional trip thrown in 2-3 times a year.

4. General Perception - Have read at so many places that 1.6 performs much, much better than 1.4 one. Is it true?
Do you want mileage or power?
It is a simple choice, if you can't afford the poorer economy, go for the 1.4 that will give you more creature comforts than the base 1.6.
87 vs 120 is a big difference, but useless if you're not gunning the car.
Old 6th February 2017, 16:41   #1532
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
Hi everyone, I have a March 2016 petrol SX+ and the car has been excellent on almost all counts - have taken it for at least 5 road trips and it's been a pleasure to drive throughout, and honestly, it still feels new.

My query is whether any of you're facing any issues using the USB port to connect to iPhones. I have an iPhone 6+ and initially the phone was charging as well as reading as an iPod. However, a couple of months ago, no matter which cable I use the phone keeps charging on and off on a loop when I use the USB port. Hyundai guys haven't been able to fix this, and they came up with a bizarre response that Hyundai Creta, Elantra and Sonatas' USB ports don't support iPhones and they have been getting a lot of complaints on this. Has anyone else faced this issue at all?
I have the same issue! Used to work fine when I got the car, but started behaving this way a month or so ago. I was assuming I'll just get the USB port replaced under warranty. The port not supporting iPhone sounds like BS since it says iPod right under the port. Mine's a July 2016 Petrol SX+ AT.
Old 6th February 2017, 22:12   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav667 View Post
I have the same issue! Used to work fine when I got the car, but started behaving this way a month or so ago. I was assuming I'll just get the USB port replaced under warranty. The port not supporting iPhone sounds like BS since it says iPod right under the port. Mine's a July 2016 Petrol SX+ AT.

I have a diesel AT and im facing the same problem while charging my iPhone. It works sometimes but most of the times it just keeps connecting and disconnecting itself. The guys at Hyundai said that the port isnt made for charging cellphones and should only be used for pen drives.

Last edited by aparth : 6th February 2017 at 22:14.
Old 7th February 2017, 02:44   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
My query is whether any of you're facing any issues using the USB port to connect to iPhones. I have an iPhone 6+ and initially the phone was charging as well as reading as an iPod. However, a couple of months ago, no matter which cable I use the phone keeps charging on and off on a loop when I use the USB port. Hyundai guys haven't been able to fix this, and they came up with a bizarre response that Hyundai Creta, Elantra and Sonatas' USB ports don't support iPhones and they have been getting a lot of complaints on this. Has anyone else faced this issue at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav667 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I have a diesel AT and im facing the same problem while charging my iPhone. It works sometimes but most of the times it just keeps connecting and disconnecting itself. The guys at Hyundai said that the port isnt made for charging cellphones and should only be used for pen drives.
Since it reads ipod below the port, it might not support a phone. Try using an ipod to check if it works properly. If it does, well then the ports's meant for music player/USB only I guess.
The guys at Hyundai could be right.
Old 9th February 2017, 21:50   #1535
BHPian

Headlamps & Tail Lamps upgrade

Headlights and Fog Lights - 55w HID 6000k
Was always fond of the Brilliant white and bright light HIDs provide and got these upgraded the very next day , they truly make a world of difference,the throw is phenomenal , Combined they are like a flood-lit stadium and the light is more on pure white side than bluish as in BMWs , those are 6500k i guess.
The projectors provided by Hyundai act as the achilles heel though , and out on the open road or the high beam in particular , although excellent , is not quite like a Audi or BMW (The throw and the spread)

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8670.jpg

Low Beam (Just Headlights , Fog Light off )

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-10.jpg

High Beam (Fog Off)

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-6.jpg

Low Beam (With Fog Lights On)

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-2.jpg

High Beam + Fog Lights

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-8.jpg

All the Lights + Left side cornering Light On (finding this pretty helpful)

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-3.jpg

BMW style Matrix Tail Lamps and matrix Bumper lights
I can't say how long they will last but the quality and the build of these things is really good and they both look brilliant in the night.
I wanted to get the Lamborghini styled bumper lights but these new arrivals even had a matrix style indicator function which looks really cool and works in perfect sync with the tail lamps.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_8699.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-9.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-4.jpg

In Action

Front DRLs integrated in the fog lamp enclosure
They work great and even double up as indicators and change the colour to orange when doing so , what more the wiring is such that they work during the day as well and are perfectly visible during that time. God Bless China

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender-5.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizerender.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 10th February 2017 at 09:08. Reason: Inserting images as attachments
Rocketscience is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 01:16   #1536
BHPian

^How did you go about the tail lamps, Rockstscience? Was it a total lamp assembly replacement, or did you add strips inside?
Old 11th February 2017, 10:26   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
^How did you go about the tail lamps, Rockstscience? Was it a total lamp assembly replacement, or did you add strips inside?

Its the total lamp assembly.

More details here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4078121
slicvic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 12:16   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Its the total lamp assembly.

More details here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4078121
Yes , the total assembly was changed and it was pretty much plug and play.
Pretty much because one part of tail lamp assembly is in the boot and other in the D pillar so wires have to go from there to the boot (using the existing conduit ofcourse, nothing is visible and there is no cutting or splicing of any existing wires for this)
They are a perfect fit with no gaps whatsoever.

Some people were offering to add LED strips inside the existing tail lamps but that did'nt seem reliable to me , was unnecessarily time consuming and complicated.
I got this entire thing for much less than what they were asking for that Jugaad.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 08:32   #1539
BHPian

Undertook a three day trip to Kanha National Park from Baloda Bazar on my Nanook last Sunday. Was absolute fun. Total drive was 623.3 Kms. Went from inside reserve forest on only part gravel roads area and Nanook behaved very well. That I will cover later in detail.

This post however is of the good mileage from my steed. Started with tank topped up before start. Landed back with 2 bars still on the fuel gauge. No good petrol pump near my house, filled 1000 Rs petrol last Monday and got the top up done again yesterday with reading of 736 kms on trip meter.
  • Total fuel consumed : 54.86 Ltrs
  • Total Km : 736
  • KPL : 13.41

Considering that we traveled approx 50 kms over nonexistent roads (only rough gravel), crossed four Ghats, had approximately 50 times engine start in the three day duration and AC was on for almost 75 percent of time, this is awesome mileage from Creta 1.6 VTVT Petrol.

A glimpse of forest road I mentioned.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_9777.jpg
nkghai is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 07:03   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Undertook a three day trip to Kanha National Park from Baloda Bazar on my Nanook last Sunday.
  • Total fuel consumed : 54.86 Ltrs
  • Total Km : 736
  • KPL : 13.41
That is awesome fuel economy you have got for your Nanook. I got some similar figures for my Creta 1.6 VTVT Petrol recently on a trip of 655 kms from Kochi to North Kerala and back. I filled my car with 54 litres of petrol for the entire trip which gave me approximately 12.13 kmpl. The entire drive was with air-con switched on 100% of the time. Most parts of the journey were through narrow roads of NH66, numerous State Highways, chock-a-block city drives in Kozhikode and other towns, some sections of ghat roads, and 100+ kms of 4 laned NH544 from Palakkad to Kochi. No doubt, Creta was a joy to drive in all type of roads. And icing on the cake was the decent mileage returned by the car .
Cruzerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 18:22   #1541
BHPian

To all Creta AT owners - how do you take off on an incline since the vehicle doesn't have hill start assist? Does the creep/ crawling speed compensate for the incline enough to avoid roll back? Or handbrake + acceleration has to be followed?
Old 20th February 2017, 19:24   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
To all Creta AT owners - how do you take off on an incline since the vehicle doesn't have hill start assist? Does the creep/ crawling speed compensate for the incline enough to avoid roll back? Or handbrake + acceleration has to be followed?
As a non-at driver; shouldn't that be easy? I mean, you don't have to worry about clutch-gear-brake coordination. Just let go of the break & stomp on the accelerator. Simple no?

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 20th February 2017 at 19:26.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 19:29   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
From a non-at owner; shouldn't that be easy? I mean, you don't have to worry about clutch-gear-brake coordination. Just let go of the break & stomp on the accelerator. Simple no?
Speaking from my experience with i10 AT.
Usually the creep from AT is enough to avoid rolling g back.
In steeper grades, engage the hand brake, let go of foot brake, give it light gas. Don't rev too hard, it's unnecessary. Release the handbrake just when u feel the tug.
Pretty similar to how u would do it in a manual, without bothering about clutch modulation.

Last edited by freedom : 20th February 2017 at 19:30.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 21:53   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
To all Creta AT owners - how do you take off on an incline since the vehicle doesn't have hill start assist?
I have the SX+ CRDI AT, like others mentioned it would depend on how steep the slope is. What i have noticed is my apartment complex's entry has a slight slope. If i stop on the slope it does not roll back. Another slope i have to encounter is at the Canara Bank Layout/Sahakarnagar railway crossing. I notice many a manual car start to slide back but when am on the slope the Creta AT is planted firmly.To move i just need to press the accelerator. I had been to Coorg and the resort we stayed at had a very steep slope, i climbed it by just hitting the gas (did not need to co to manual mode).
The simple answer is, just press the accelerator to Launch the vehicle once you release the handbrake/brake.
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:15   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
As a non-at driver; shouldn't that be easy?
On steeper inclines, you can half-clutch on a manual but AT is more likely to roll-back. Most AMT vehicles without hill hold have this complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
In steeper grades, engage the hand brake, let go of foot brake, give it light gas. Don't rev too hard, it's unnecessary. Release the handbrake just when u feel the tug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
The simple answer is, just press the accelerator to Launch the vehicle once you release the handbrake/brake.
Thanks for sharing your on-hand experience. Does the same work while reversing against the slope as well, since the vehicle's creep would push it against gravity?

Most Viewed