Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2017, 19:28   #1561
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
Hello,

I own a Creta SX(O) and had a query to fellow Creta owners.
How does the 'follow me home' feature of the headlamps in Creta work?
I've enabled the 'Headlamp Delay' option on the MID, but the headlights switch off immediately after I shutdown the engine and open the door of my car. (even though the headlight stalk is in the ON position).

Not sure if I'm doing things correctly. Would be great if anyone could let me know the exact steps or procedure to follow to ensure that the 'follow me home' feature of the headlamps work. Thanks in advance
That's what I follow and it works perfectly fine.

1) Switch on the headlights.
2) Switch off the engine.
3) Lock the car. The headlight remains for around 15 seconds.
4) Unlock the car using the remote and the headlights are switched on. Wont work if you press the request sensor on the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul63 View Post
Windshield left wiper has a jerky movement that almost shudders on the windscreen, the service station has no answer to this problem yet (have read a few posts on this issue) look closely at the water mark lines left after the wiper went through

Clutch pedal making a distinct noise when depressed fully (also read this reported in some posts), now fixed by Hyundai Service
1) I do have the wiper issue (not always but when continuously used for couple of hours). Had reported this problem on all 3 services but they failed to rectify it (even though they said it's fixed). I am planning to switch the wipers to a better brand during the monsoon.

2) Had the sound from the clutch but that was lubricated and it's fine now.

Anybody noticing a mechanical feel/sound while changing gears? I have been noticing it for the past few months now. The gear shift isnt smooth and silent (never used to hear any sound while shifting gears in my other cars).

Do update me guys.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 28th February 2017 at 19:29.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 20:09   #1562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I thought those figures were exclusive for the AT version only
Well, do not know real mileages for the auto version, but my observations are from real life driving in city and highway conditions, and at real life driving speeds, not "ideal" driving conditions as car mfrs would expect us to believe or drive at.
Old 28th February 2017, 20:18   #1563

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1) I do have the wiper issue (not always but when continuously used for couple of hours). Had reported this problem on all 3 services but they failed to rectify it (even though they said it's fixed). I am planning to switch the wipers to a better brand during the monsoon.

Anybody noticing a mechanical feel/sound while changing gears? I have been noticing it for the past few months now. The gear shift isnt smooth and silent (never used to hear any sound while shifting gears in my other cars).

Do update me guys.
Naveen, I changed wipers, assuming the problem will vanish, but it hasn't yet. The service guys tried twisting the wipers to change angle of wipe, assuming that would work, but problem stays Next step: will write to Hyundai and get a resolution before the next monsoon for sure.

I did hear some grumbling feel a few weeks back when changing gears, not the usual smooth stuff, but have not felt it after that day. Am keeping my antennae open for any unusual sounds/behaviour, will update the group if I do experience any unusual activity.
Paul63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 09:26   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul63 View Post
Naveen, I changed wipers, assuming the problem will vanish, but it hasn't yet. The service guys tried twisting the wipers to change angle of wipe, assuming that would work, but problem stays Next step: will write to Hyundai and get a resolution before the next monsoon for sure.

I did hear some grumbling feel a few weeks back when changing gears, not the usual smooth stuff, but have not felt it after that day. Am keeping my antennae open for any unusual sounds/behaviour, will update the group if I do experience any unusual activity.
My reverse gear is playing a bit spoilsport these days. Two issues
  • Not the smoothest to engage, as was the case hitherto-fore.
  • After a reverse travel when i push the lever to neutral sometimes it does not disengage. My alarm is the reverse beep when things are closer.

Anyone noticed this in their steeds?
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 09:51   #1565

Not observed any such reverse gear engage/disengage issues, could be a one-off case, maybe Service station attention required.
Old 1st March 2017, 10:37   #1566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do have the wiper issue (not always but when continuously used for couple of hours).
Lazarus' wipers judder slightly upon their aft sweep, but fore sweep is clean. I have been observing this since day 1, but never bothered to get it checked.

Quote:
I am planning to switch the wipers to a better brand during the monsoon.
Changed the wipers before the rainy season last year but the problem remains. I think it's due to the wiper arm's spring being wound up a bit more tightly than ideal, hence causing the wiper blades to press more on to the windshield. Ergo, juddering.

Quote:
Had the sound from the clutch but that was lubricated and it's fine now.
No clutch issues till now, thankfully.

Quote:
Nope. All gears in Lazarus slot in smoothly.

How many kms on the ODO now? I think you need to get the gearbox and transmission oil levels checked during your next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
My reverse gear is playing a bit spoilsport these days.
I have been having an issue with the reverse gear occasionally not engaging in one go from day 1. Also, very rarely, the gear lever tends to get stuck between gears. But these things don't happen too frequently to make me worried. Just a very, very occasional thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
After a reverse travel when i push the lever to neutral sometimes it does not disengage.
Strange. Mine is vice-versa. Never had trouble shifting back to neutral from reverse.

See if these issues happen too frequently to cause discomfort. If yes, a trip to the service station is in order, it seems.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 11:57   #1567

I just did the Map update & the Firmware update on mine on my own.
You can log into www.map-care.com & follow the instructions on it based on the attached PDF presentation file for the Creta.
You need your VIN number & Device ID to register on the website & get the activation code.
The total file size for download is 4.5GB, hence recommended to use a Broadband network.
Use a 8GB or 16GB Pen drive & format to ExFAT not FAT32.
FAT32 doesnt support file sizes more than 4.0GB.
Firmware updated to - MOT.IN.HMC.161215.100905
Map version updated to - IN.09.47.51.510.
Note - Only start the update on your own if confident. Use a valid antivirus to scan the Pen drive before hand, so that a virus doesn't infect the AVN unit.
poonacha_ma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 12:04   #1568

Hi Paul & others
I had the issue with the Wiper shudder on my i20 (right side) & now with the Creta (left side) as well. The shudder lines are seen on the center of the wipers.
Simple DIY for it that was done for i20 worked here as well;
a. bend the tip (hook part) very slightly downwards.
b. twist the tip (hook part) very slightly in anti-clockwise direct.
This way the wiper is loaded on the glass getting rid of the shudder on the return stroke.
poonacha_ma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 13:06   #1569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nope. All gears in Lazarus slot in smoothly.

How many kms on the ODO now? I think you need to get the gearbox and transmission oil levels checked during your next service.
Close to 21k kms. It doesnt happen always and the car judders after I release the clutch. Happens when I slot to 2nd and 3rd gear. Will check the fluids during the next service.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 23:15   #1570
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai Creta has zoomed past 1,50,000 units in cumulative sales, ever since it's dealer-dispatch innings began back in June 2015.

Quote:
Having clocked its highest-ever monthly sales of 9,002 units in February 2017, the Hyundai Creta has driven past the 150,000 unit sales in the domestic market 21 months after it was launched, averaging sales of 7,177 units each month.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:33   #1571
BHPian

Hi everyone.

Recently purchased a small tray which can fit in the driver armrest cavity. I found it to be a good addition to create a covered space to house small change, pen drives and avoid cluttering the open area in front of the charger/USB slot. The armrest storage cavity runs pretty deep and an upper layer can create additional space for small stuff.Think this would be useful for other owners as well.

I bought it from Ali Express. Pic 1 is without the tray.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-without-tray.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-tray-1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-tray-2.jpg  

Faramir is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:34   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Recently purchased a small tray which can fit in the driver armrest cavity.
Really neat. Can you share the product page link?
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:09   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Really neat. Can you share the product page link?
Thanks. Sharing the link, will cost around 500 rupees.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...621080482.html
Faramir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 17:23   #1574
BHPian

ead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Yes , the total assembly was changed and it was pretty much plug and play.
Sweeeeeeet. How has been your experience with it until now?
Can you share the product page link for the rear setup and fog light DRLs?
Old 8th March 2017, 14:06   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Following are the list of customization's done so far (in the order of completion)–
- Changed the interiors to all black ( did not like beige)
Hey, can you share more details about how did you change the interiors to all black and added that wooden finishing on the dash and steering wheel?

Even I dislike the beige in dash and would prefer it all black.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks