Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2017, 07:57   #1576
Distinguished - BHPian

Cousin is looking for a Creta, and we were comparing the 1.4 CRDi S vs S+.. The only differences between these two are :
1) Alloy wheels
2) The antenna type
3) Audio system / Navigation.
4) Rear parking sensors / camera

Is the difference worth the 1.14L ?? Or am I missing something ?

Similarly, for a difference of 1.5L OTR between the 1.4CRDi Base and 1.4CRDi S versions, the features :

front / rear fog lamps
roof rails
led turn indicators on outside mirrors
rear parcel tray
outside mirror electrically adjustable
rear centre arm rest + cup holders
rear power outlet
luggage lamp
luggage net
front map lamp & sunglass holder
height adjust able driver seat
no adjustable rear headrest ?
no audio player ?

Last edited by ampere : 14th March 2017 at 09:06. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 14th March 2017, 18:58   #1577
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Hey, can you share more details about how did you change the interiors to all black and added that wooden finishing on the dash and steering wheel?
Sorry to have missed the question, here you go -

1. All the panels were painted black - have used the car for almost year and half now and havent had any chip off ( except the minor scratches that it sustained during audio upgrade). Again this was the work which forced upon by the dealer to get early delivery of the car, else the quality could have been better. The way it has aged over year and half -- I still do not have any regrets.

2. Wooden Panel -- Most of it is just a thick sticker, while steering was painted.

Hope this helps.
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 23:18   #1578
BHPian

Hi guys,
I need your suggestion on my next Car. I have decided after lot of analysis that my next car will be a Creta. However I am greatly confused between Creta Petrol E and Creta 1.4 Base. Till now I've driven the Petrol Creta and the 1.6 diesel. I have not got the chance to try 1.4 myself.

Having driven a diesel (Ritz) previously I am inclined towards a diesel for it's higher torque but I am also worried about flip flopping Government policies which might affect the car's resale later. Lack of enthusiasts review of 1.4 is not helping me either.

I drove the Petrol Creta and I have no complaints except for the lower torque (and hence the downshifts). Also the idea of buying a petrol SUV isn't sounding right. Add to that I am told that Hyundai petrols go for pittance in the used car market.

All this has greatly complicated my decision. I know lot of you are already thinking of suggesting the 1.6 diesel but my budgets are already stretched and I am unable to look beyond 1.4. Your suggestions will be very helpful.

By the way, my monthly running will not cross 1000 km.
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 00:37   #1579
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Hi guys,

Hi Pacman

Go in for the 1.6L Diesel. It is a hoot to drive and it never feels underpowered. The excellent torque of the 1.6L Diesel ensures effortless city commutes. I own a 1.6L CRDi SX (O) 6 Speed MT and I have (touchwood) enjoyed the 19K kms driven in the past 9 months.

The 1.4L Diesel on the other hand will not be as good to drive and not much different from the Ritz.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 07:24   #1580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Cousin is looking for a Creta, and we were comparing the 1.4 CRDi S vs S+...
Go for the S variant. IMO, only the alloys and leather will be a good miss. You can live without the others. And moreover, if you have been using Gmaps, you will find the Creta navigation to be . Also expect Android Auto/Apple Carplay update soon.

Last edited by navin : 15th March 2017 at 11:01. Reason: No need to quote full message esp. on the same page
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 07:51   #1581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Go for the S variant. IMO, only the alloys and leather will be a good miss.
Agreed - S was better VFM of the two. But the difference in price for the Base vs S is pretty steep for what they are giving.
Old 15th March 2017, 08:56   #1582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed - S was better VFM of the two. But the difference in price for the Base vs S is pretty steep for what they are giving.
Creta is atleast 1L more expensive than what it offers (in any variant) and you can definitely expect the difference across the variants. 1.5L difference is too much for the feature list (some of them are useless). Best is to visually compare and make the decision since driving the 2 variants wont make any difference.

1. No alloys in both variants right?
2. Shark fin antenna not available on 1.4 right?

Base gets a 2 din music system with USB/Aux while the S gets the 5" touch screen.
Old 15th March 2017, 09:01   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Creta is atleast 1L more expensive than what it offers (in any variant)
+1 .. This is my major grouse against the Creta ! ( Not just the Creta, I would say even the Duster is priced a little above where it should have been).

Quote:
1. No alloys in both variants right?
2. Shark fin antenna not available on 1.4 right?

Base gets a 2 din music system with USB/Aux while the S gets the 5" touch screen.
For the area where it will be used, steel wheels are absolutely fine. Shark fin is not a deal-breaker. And we dont need a touch screen.
Old 15th March 2017, 09:31   #1584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For the area where it will be used, steel wheels are absolutely fine. Shark fin is not a deal-breaker. And we dont need a touch screen.
Ah. Then it's clear now. Go for the base since the cosmetic changes are not a deal breaker for you. Only thing I feel is worth an upgrade will be the alloys. I miss the black radiator grill and body color rear number plate garnish .
Old 15th March 2017, 10:18   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
I miss the black radiator grill and body color rear number plate garnish .
3M to the rescue. I'm planning to get mine wrapped immediately after taking delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
1. All the panels were painted black

2. Wooden Panel -- Most of it is just a thick sticker, while steering was painted.
Hope this helps.
Thank you, it sure does. Can you share some recent pictures if you have? Also, does the paint hamper airbag function in any way?
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 10:26   #1586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
3M to the rescue. I'm planning to get mine wrapped immediately after taking delivery
I had gone there when I got the car. Unfortunately they didn't have the 'white' vinyl sticker and I feel the CF/Glossy/Matte black on a white car will look bad. Also checked with Hyundai on this. Asked whether I could replace it with the base variant. Said I would need to paint it.
Old 15th March 2017, 11:50   #1587
BHPian

@pacman2881, I have a E+ petrol and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I also had cost in mind while purchasing but then buying Creta was more important for me then the luxury features. I am very much satisfied with what E+ offers at that price.
My choice of petrol was because my run is very less - about 10k an year & did not wanted to pay extra for diesel engine. The difference I can save in fuel. Also I feel petrol engines are better for environment then diesel (Unless you are driving some highly refined diesel engine).
I have driven both Diesel and Petrol Cretas and in normal city & highway drive I am more comfortable with petrol and the pickup it offers. But that is a personal choice.
I have been owning Creta since 4-5 months & regularly getting an average of 13 KMPL which is a mix of highway & city (Bangalore).
Regarding resale market, I feel the person buying in this market will be cost conscious & petrol being much cheaper will get some buyers. I did some research on OLX & found that the availability of diesel Cretas is much more then Petrol something like 60 diesel to 5 petrols. So while selling you will get less competition.
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 12:19   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any idea on when (or if at all) Hyundai is planning to introduce 4x4 in Creta here in India.
Old 15th March 2017, 14:30   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
. Also expect Android Auto/Apple Carplay update soon.
Hi Naveen, can you give more details. Would it be for all the OEM Head units.
Old 15th March 2017, 14:37   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Hi guys,

I need your suggestion on my next Car.
===============

Unless you have really made up your mind on the Creta, I would suggest that you should consider the Brezza as an option seriously. I was in a similar situation as yours few months back as I also thoroughly enjoyed my Ritz VDi and was looking for a change. While I ultimately retained the Ritz but after considering various options including Ecosport and the Creta settled for the Brezza. It has the right combination of everything that you are looking for and it will not disappoint you in anyway. Take its good looks, reliability, features, ASS, resale value, performance, etc. I am driving one for last 8 months and enjoying each KM that I have driven.

NB: Moderators may shift the post to the appropriate thread in the event it is found to be out of context. I took the liberty of suggesting the querist in response to his quote. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th March 2017 at 16:37. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks