Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2017, 17:55   #1636
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
If it has Carplay, it should also have Android Auto and Mirror Link. With Mirror Link, you can load Google Maps on your phone and have the HU mirror it on the bigger screen.
Mirrorlink does not support all the Android phones. There are very limited number of handsets which support Mirrorlink.
Are you sure Mirrorlink supports Google Maps? What I see (Check at 2:45) shows that Google Maps are not available while the vehicle is moving.
It might have been updated though.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 13:20   #1637
BHPian

Is this facelift India bound in the coming months?

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/03/2...options-261806
Old 28th March 2017, 10:04   #1638
BHPian

How many here follow the idling rule with their Petrol Creta ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...d-cars-24.html
Old 28th March 2017, 10:56   #1639
BHPian

I bought a Creta Petrol Auto in Oct'16 .

Have driven about 4600KMs so far with two outstation trips of 500 & 1000Kms each. Rest mostly in office traffic & few weekend rides.

After owning a Duster before , I can safely make this statement- the Creta is a copycat model.
Its two grades higher in cabin refinement & driver pleasure but one grade smaller in size and "butchness" !

PROS:

Where the Creta scores is in the cabin refinement- its just what you would expect in a vehicle that costs almost a million & a half.
The equipment level is decent and cabin noise is well controlled . Miss the Cruise Control though. Auto headlamps, auto everything would have been a nice trick that was missed. I am not too enamored by the Keyless start /stop but have gotten used to it now.

The driver seat has very less space and the steering size is completely idiotically small; for a "SUV" .

The ride quality is almost as good as the Duster, but there is less cabin thuds and noise in the Creta than it.

The TC Auto is simply quiet good and much more to my liking and driving style than the TC on the Crysta or the CVT of the BR-V (another of the vehicles that I booked but cancelled)

I am getting used to the AT part easily, although there are times where I have switched off engine in N or even in D !! Lo behold !
In these cases, I have later shifted the shifter to P with the engine off.. Ayyo ! I hope its Ok to do that....

the AT responds decently well & quickly, shifts are jerk less and mileage is decent as well. 8-9 in city traffic with 13-14 Kmpl on the highways till now ( but that was without much AC usage).

For the life of me, I cant understand what the manual mode does..(and would appreciate any help here) It doesn't upshift until you redline I guess , but does downshift if the RPMs fall too low. Hyundai should really have given a proper Sports mode instead , which would have been a boon for the Highway/Hills.

Driver fatigue is very less due to the AT - i can vouch for that .

The AC is also better here though the backseat guys will not get any cooling if the fan speed is any less than 3/4 at the minimum.

The Auto gets ISOFIX & other safety goodies which I like. There is really no excuse to not have a top of the line Auto variant though.

CONS:

It has less off-roading capability than the Duster.
I have already heard 2-3 "tings" when driving on bad potholed roads- not sure whether it was the underbody or the accessorty footrest/back biker guard that caused the sound. I am however, left a bit disappointed on this front.
Hyundai should really have made it more capable in this regard. Though who would be taking their shiny new Urban SUV on bad roads is also another question.

The Boot is miserly for a SUV , not sure where the Creta' s length is going? Rear Bench is not that spacious, boot is small ! complaints from rear passengers regarding the high window line have already started ;(

Quick Q though : How many here follow the idling rule with their Petrol Creta ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...d-cars-24.html
BUXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 11:14   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Is this facelift India bound in the coming months?

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/03/2...options-261806
I think this is the one they are selling now - no official launch announcement though.

The other version is what they're exporting to Brazil. That hasn't been launched in India yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
For the life of me, I cant understand what the manual mode does..(and would appreciate any help here) It doesn't upshift until you redline I guess , but does downshift if the RPMs fall too low.

The manual mode is tip-tronic. You can upshift/ downshift whenever you like by pushing the gear lever up or down respectively - no clutch action required. But the vehicle will also auto upshift if you redline and downshift to avoid stalling. It's kind of like driving a manual but can't redline though. Very convenient while planning overtaking maneuvers on the highway.

I follow the idling rule in all vehicles in our garage - all of them are/ were NA petrol ones except the Creta.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 12:47   #1641
BHPian

I loved the D mode in the Creta though. Its as if the tranny is a ghost sitting with you. It senses the pedal input beautifully. Downshifts 1-2 gears as per the urgency and if you dont let the pedal go and shove it, it will even Redline in D mode !!!!

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th March 2017 at 12:50. Reason: See mod note
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 06:54   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I don't. Creta Petrol engine doesn't have turbo. Its a naturally aspirated engine and hence.

Engine can be switched off in 'N' - The nice thing about this is unlike 'P', when you switch off the engine in 'N', the doors don't auto unlock. So in longish signal waits, shift to 'N' and switch off the engine. This is what I do.
chandras1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 13:41   #1643
BHPian

Creta headunit software

The software of Creta head unit needs improvement .

1. Going back and selecting a folder is a pain. you have to scroll back to the start of folder and select return to go to the folder list. It is a long process specially if you have hundreds of songs in a folder

2 there should be a quick dial option in the phone menu. Searching for a phone contact is a slow process

3.Third and the most annoying is the initial agree option. There should be an option to disable it or it should warn and go away. How many times are you going to share the warning to the same person who has been using the headunit for months now

I hope with updates they will improve it. Compared with other oem units it is a nice sounding unit.
Old 31st March 2017, 09:31   #1644
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
1.4 CRDI unit in Creta

Hi,
Any E/E+ CRDI owners here? How does the creta perform with this compared to the 1.6?
On paper, power and torque matches the 1.3 DDIS but Iam looking at the road performance in city and highway. My cruising speed is around 100 and I exceed it only to overtake. So not looking for scorching performance but shouldnt feel underpowered.
Old 31st March 2017, 18:12   #1645
BHPian

Completed the second service of my Creta Petrol at 10k kms today from Plaza Hyundai Delhi.

A very satisfactory experience. The car was delivered in 2.5 hours as promised and SMS alert was send when the car was ready. While the washing and checkup was free, I was charged 1596 for the engine oil, engine filter and air filter which I think is pretty reasonable for a C2-D1 segment car.
Old 1st April 2017, 16:52   #1646
BHPian

I've a question for AT owners. Is the gear lock sufficient from security perspective or something else should be added?
Old 2nd April 2017, 12:05   #1647
BHPian

Re: 1.4 CRDI unit in Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Hi,
How does the creta perform with this compared to the 1.6?
Is the Creta 1.4 Diesel same engine which powers I20/Active? As such I20 active has good reviews for diesel and we need to factor additional weight in Creta for the same engine.

Waiting for experts to clarify on 1.4 Creta performance.
Old 2nd April 2017, 12:40   #1648
BHPian

Re: 1.4 CRDI unit in Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Is the Creta 1.4 Diesel same engine which powers I20/Active? As such I20 active has good reviews for diesel and we need to factor additional weight in Creta for the same engine.

Waiting for experts to clarify on 1.4 Creta performance.
It is the same engine.
Performance will be slightly lesser compared to the Elite i20 due to the added weight and the poorer aerodynamics.

The same goes with the fuel efficiency too.
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 15:55   #1649
BHPian

We took delivery of a March make with the updated HU. Can confirm Android auto and other features. Not sure how it used to work earlier, but when I turn on the engine the "agree" button disappears on it's own. Is this an update or usual?
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 16:23   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
We took delivery of a March make with the updated HU. Can confirm Android auto and other features. Not sure how it used to work earlier, but when I turn on the engine the "agree" button disappears on it's own. Is this an update or usual?
Congrats on your new ride. Lucky you do mot need to press "agree" button.
The previous model, one would need to press it everytime the car is powered on.
Do share some pics of the new headunit and the the options when you get a chance.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed