Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 23:28   #1681
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Greetings to all of you present , just got my membership approved yesterday . I just took delivery of a creta 1.6 SX+ AT(polar white) on 3rd April and I just missed the added features like Android auto , apple car play and MirrorLink as I didn't have an idea about the additions till the time the car got registered in my name . I performed the PDI thoroughly while taking delivery and even visited their stockyard to select my car . I had an option out of three creta's in their stockyard (one grey and the rest two white) and all of them were February 2017 manufactured and i chose mine by extensively checking out all the three cars . When I realised about the additions , the car had been already registered in my name and so I missed the features that the 2017 facelifted creta had to offer . I will post my review really soon and I sincerely apologise to everyone regarding any discrepancies and errors in my post as this is my first post as a member and I'm getting accustomed to writing posts here . I will shortly post pictures and write a review as well .
Old 12th April 2017, 10:42   #1682
BHPian

Has anybody used a relay to auto fold/ unfold OVRM and roll up mirrors on lock/ unlock? Is it a direct plug and play which doesn't affect warranty?

Came across one such product on Amazon but it isn't reviewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I press the brake pedal harder than usual and then the lever shifts normally. Maybe you could try this and see if it works for you as well.
Didn't work :( I'll probably discuss this with the SA during the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
I had an option out of three creta's in their stockyard (one grey and the rest two white) and all of them were February 2017 manufactured and i chose mine by extensively checking out all the three cars .
TBHPian RohanGT took delivery of his Feb '17 make Creta around March 20 and he had those features in his vehicle (see post #1630 in this thread). You should probably verify the VIN if it is indeed a Feb '17 make.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 13:18   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Are you parked on an incline or slight incline? With an AT have to be careful when parking and ensuring that handbrake is in place after placing transmission in P, before exiting the vehicle. Else "Transmission Lock" can occur. Refer http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/221. This may not affect newer ATs, but could be a factor here.
But it could be normal, you could wait 30 secs after switching on the vehicle and then try engaging R.
^^ Very informative and very helpful !! I had checked with the SA on this during the first service, but those guys are idiots. He had no clue.

I am posting the extract from the link Dennis posted , for the benefit of the FM.

Quote:
[SIZE=2]When parking on an incline, we first firmly apply the parking brake. Before shifting to park, we take our foot off the brake pedal and make sure the vehicle does not roll. With the vehicle weight held by the parking brake, we shift into the park position. With this method, the parking brake holds the weight of the vehicle and not the park pawl and gear. We can easily move our shifter out of park position.[/SIZE]
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 13:19   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Has anybody used a relay to auto fold/ unfold OVRM and roll up mirrors on lock/ unlock? Is it a direct plug and play which doesn't affect warranty?

Came across one such product on Amazon but it isn't reviewed.

Didn't work :( I'll probably discuss this with the SA during the first service.

TBHPian RohanGT took delivery of his Feb '17 make Creta around March 20 and he had those features in his vehicle (see post #1630 in this thread). You should probably verify the VIN if it is indeed a Feb '17 make.
I use the Auto Door lock OBD from Aliexpress, but not this one.
This involves opening up the door panel for installation. Not cool.
There is one video on Youtube that shows the installation.
Old 12th April 2017, 14:16   #1685
BHPian

TBHPian RohanGT took delivery of his Feb '17 make Creta around March 20 and he had those features in his vehicle (see post #1630 in this thread). You should probably verify the VIN if it is indeed a Feb '17 make.[/quote]

I rechecked the VIN and as per the Team-BHP thread on VIN decoding , the 10 th character which signifies the year has 'H' which means that the vehicle is indeed 2017 manufactured and the 19th character is 'B' which makes it of the month February .
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 15:16   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
I rechecked the VIN and as per the Team-BHP thread on VIN decoding , the 10 th character which signifies the year has 'H' which means that the vehicle is indeed 2017 manufactured and the 19th character is 'B' which makes it of the month February .
In that case, probably discuss with the dealer as why your car missed out on those features and possibility of compensating with other accessories. Worth a shot, I guess
Old 12th April 2017, 17:14   #1687
BANNED

Can anyone give a rough estimate of the fuel consumption of the petrol as well as the diesel automatics in Bangalore traffic?
Old 12th April 2017, 17:23   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
In that case, probably discuss with the dealer as why your car missed out on those features and possibility of compensating with other accessories. Worth a shot, I guess
I talked to the dealer regarding this and even told him that February manufactured models had these features in them and he just gave me the excuse that maybe the cars with these features were manufactured late in the month and even the dealership​ didn't have an idea about these features till the time I argued with them during the delivery of my vehicle . I told him that I should be compensated for this but he seemed reluctant to give into anything of this sort as this was something that Hyundai had changed without giving prior notice to the dealerships.
Old 12th April 2017, 17:48   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
I have a similar product installed in my Civic to auto-fold the ORVM when I press the lock/unlock button on the key. I believe the same should be applicable to Creta as well.

You will need to open the driver side door pad to install it. As far as I remember, it involved connecting the device by slicing some wires. However no wires were "cut".

Have been using it for about 6 months now without any issue.

P.S. I paid around 2000 for the device (it doesn't have auto window roll-up feature).

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 12th April 2017 at 17:49.
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 21:40   #1690
BHPian

My Creta has run 10k kms and planning to get the wheel alignment, balancing and rotation done. Has anyone faced any issues by getting this job done from outside and not a Hyundai ASC? I am confident my local tyre shop can do the balancing and rotation but not sure about the alignment.

Also appreciate if anyone can recommend a good tyre shop in South Delhi or Gurgaon.
Old 13th April 2017, 22:35   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Can anyone give a rough estimate of the fuel consumption of the petrol as well as the diesel automatics in Bangalore traffic?
Got about first 500kms on the ODO with first half of the tank in my new diesel AT. 100% AC, home to office drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I have a similar product installed in my Civic to auto-fold the ORVM when I press the lock/unlock button on the key. I believe the same should be applicable to Creta as well.

You will need to open the driver side door pad to install it. As far as I remember, it involved connecting the device by slicing some wires. However no wires were "cut".

P.S. I paid around 2000 for the device (it doesn't have auto window roll-up feature).
Thanks. My local contact also told me it's a simple relay but door pads will be dismantled. Will check if ASS can do the job to ensure warranty, else will ditch the plan on the new vehicle atleast.
Old 14th April 2017, 13:37   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
I have a manual (Diesel) and I get around 600 kms worth of drive with a full tank of fuel, of course I don't drive till reserve, I refill immediately once I see the last bar. It returns about 9-10/ ltr; My cousin's automatic on the other hand is faring a bit better, he gets about 12-13/ltr. In city traffic it can get a bit annoying to drive...the manual (I'm sure it is the same with other cars ) But overall, I think it is a fantastic car, and your driving experience will be further amazed when you drive the Creta on the highway, its behavior changes completely.

Quote:
Got about first 500kms on the ODO with first half of the tank in my new diesel AT. 100% AC, home to office drive.
Are you serious ? I'm guessing the traffic is not as bad as it is in Bangalore.
Old 15th April 2017, 22:42   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Nowhere near, my current commute route is pretty clear and devoid of traffic lights. I'm happy about it too though don't expect it to last.
Old 16th April 2017, 17:30   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post

Best,
Enigmatic
Quote:

Have a look at this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ta-others.html

Last edited by Jag4 : 16th April 2017 at 17:31.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 00:34   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
I have a manual (Diesel) and I get around 600 kms worth of drive with a full tank of fuel, of course I don't drive till reserve, I refill immediately once I see the last bar. It returns about 9-10/ ltr; My cousin's automatic on the other hand is faring a bit better, he gets about 12-13/ltr. In city traffic it can get a bit annoying to drive...the manual (I'm sure it is the same with other cars ) But overall, I think it is a fantastic car, and your driving experience will be further amazed when you drive the Creta on the highway, its behavior changes completely.

I have not driven it quite much as I was out of Delhi for the past few days but I got 198 kms on a quarter of tank and Judging from my commute with AC on and in dense traffic at kalindi kunj , I think the average is pretty decent . This may be because I'm driving pretty sedately as the car is still in it's running in period but being an AT transmission , I figure it is good . Hope this will give you an idea.

Most Viewed