Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2017, 08:29   #1726
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
I hadn't seen this being done in my earlier cars and the adviser mentioned that this is required for calibrating the steering position sensor in some modern cars like Creta and i20. No expert on this and appreciate if fellow Bhpians can shed more light. I am also not sure if local tyre shops are aware of this calibration step and hence probably makes sense to get the alignment done from the ASC itself even though it is done at a slight premium.
Have seen in the i20 thread on this. The steering position sensor warning shows up even when the wheels are lined up straight and you need to go to the A.S.S to get this corrected.

But for the Creta, I havent faced any issues after 4 sessions from outside. I always prefer to avoid this getting done at the service station.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 09:53   #1727
BHPian

I have a quick Q : what does the "Hold" button on the Smart Key fob do?
Old 25th April 2017, 10:54   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I have a quick Q : what does the "Hold" button on the Smart Key fob do?
Opens the boot.
Like when you're away from the car and want to open it for someone else.
There's an image of boot also on it, I think.
Kestrel5915 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:34   #1729
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Whats the deal with Extended warranty on Creta? The default is 3 years and unlimited kms. The dealer claims there is an additional 4th year for 12K. People aware of any other options?
Old 25th April 2017, 11:47   #1730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Whats the deal with Extended warranty on Creta? The default is 3 years and unlimited kms. The dealer claims there is an additional 4th year for 12K. People aware of any other options?
There is one more option and I think that's better. 4th and 5th year / 1,00,000 KM Extended warranty!!

Details here :
http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/ExtendedWarranty.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20170425_114331.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 12:37   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Whats the deal with Extended warranty on Creta? The default is 3 years and unlimited kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There is one more option and I think that's better. 4th and 5th year / 1,00,000 KM Extended warranty!!
What are these slabs for? Besides, there is a 100,000 km cap on extended warranty, right? Even within the warranty some parts are not covered I believe, the important ones being the engine, transmission and gearbox.
Old 25th April 2017, 12:39   #1732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
What are these slabs for? Besides, there is a 100,000 km cap on extended warranty, right? Even within the warranty some parts are not covered I believe, the important ones being the engine, transmission and gearbox.
Please check the link posted for complete details. Engine and transmission are very much covered under extended warranty Wear and tear, rubber parts are not covered.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 16:01   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
A device was also connected to the OBD port during the road test.

I hadn't seen this being done in my earlier cars and the adviser mentioned that this is required for calibrating the steering position sensor in some modern cars like Creta and i20. No expert on this and appreciate if fellow Bhpians can shed more light. I am also not sure if local tyre shops are aware of this calibration step and hence probably makes sense to get the alignment done from the ASC itself even though it is done at a slight premium.
This is very handy for vehicle diagnostics and sensor alignment. Seen it and handled it when i had steering issues and complete steering rod and clock had to be opened.

The device is a bluetooth device fitted on OBD port which transmits data on to a tab and checks your complete vehicle including running parameters.
I had doubt about the idling rpm of a petrol creta and i found my rpm stabilising around 700. So i checked in their tab and the standard was also 750 and my rpm was stabilisng at 748 odd.

Also when a mechanic broke the steering clock, we went to this diagnostic only and it showed error pinpointing the defect to that item and replacing it solved the problem.

Now coming to its use in your case . What i presume happens in Creta is that the steering wheel has sensors which automatically bring it to zero position. So after alignment when the sensors get the steering wheel to perfect Zero, the vehicle should go absolutely straight. So they check both cases, whether it is coming to zero with wheels straight and path of the vehicle. Why i can say this is i have a very very slight left at zero position. i have had my steering opened thrice and don't want to meddle further therefore continuing like this.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 17:02   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I always prefer to avoid this getting done at the service station.
Thanks Naveen, good to know that your steed is running well. I am assuming the reason for avoiding the service station is the cost. Do you remember how much you have paid for the alignment outside, service station costs INR 700.
Old 25th April 2017, 17:52   #1735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen, good to know that your steed is running well. I am assuming the reason for avoiding the service station is the cost. Do you remember how much you have paid for the alignment outside, service station costs INR 700.
Not just cost. The place I go is pretty professional and I like their workmanship. A.S.S charge 700 while this place gets it done for 450.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 13:27   #1736
BHPian

I took the car to a nearby FNG today. The car was parked at a platform. While climbing down from it, I was in 'R' mode but since the decline was steep anyway, I was controlling the speed only using brakes (no accelerator input). But while declining the car made a heavy, grinding noise. I stopped to see if hand brakes are engaged. They weren't. Everything was normal, no warning lights or anything. I tried again but the car made the same noise.

So I engaged D and made an acute maneuver to get out of that platform without reversing again. Back home I used R again on a flat surface and it was fine.

Any idea what went wrong?
Old 27th April 2017, 10:23   #1737
BHPian

^ what you did was akin to using brakes while driving .

Maybe if it was a controlled environment, you could have used N to roll down and use the brakes for controlling speed.
Old 5th May 2017, 23:54   #1738
BHPian

Any news of the facelift? Cardekho has listed the facelift for July 2017. Is it true?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screen-shot-20170505-23.53.08.png  

Old 6th May 2017, 10:21   #1739
BHPian

How happy are all owners with the AC of the car.

I've been having issues since the beginning. The Evaporator was changed, but I don't feel that its still up to the mark
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 10:51   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
How happy are all owners with the AC of the car.

I've been having issues since the beginning. The Evaporator was changed, but I don't feel that its still up to the mark
I have a Aug 2016 SX+ Auto. CRDI , touch wood no complaints with the AC.
Bangalore temperature is not what it used to be. Cooling is good. Cools pretty fast even when parked in the sun for few hours. I normally keep the ACC at 19 degrees.
Which variant of the Creta do you have ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks