Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2017, 11:23   #1741
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Which variant of the Creta do you have ?
Petrol, Base without the climate control.

I keep the temperature dial at max cool.

A few days back i sat in a friends car and after getting off my spectacles fogged. It then struck me that ever since i got the Creta, my spectacles haven't fogged. Clearly there is some issue with the AC. I need to find somebody with a Creta and do the 'fog test'
Old 6th May 2017, 22:12   #1742
BHPian

On the AC not cooling enough - My observation is that the AC filter gets clogged too very often. I understand most of us drive through dusty city roads, but how a filter gets clogged in 2 months time is something​ I never have understood. In my 1.6 CRDi car, I've made it a practice to wash the filter every 3 months and put it back. This is apart from the annual filter change. I see a very big difference in air throw and cooling performance post every filter cleaning.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 23:07   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
A few days back i sat in a friends car and after getting off my spectacles fogged. It then struck me that ever since i got the Creta, my spectacles haven't fogged. Clearly there is some issue with the AC. I need to find somebody with a Creta and do the 'fog test'
Shouldn't that be a function of humidity rather than temperature?

I don't remember when my glasses fogged last but I find Creta's AC sufficient. Does it's job silently. I keep at 23/24 (NCR) and is sufficient most of the times.
Old 6th May 2017, 23:38   #1744
BHPian

I have petrol E+ model & AC is quite good. Even at lowest fan speed, i feel cold after 10-15 min of drive. This is in Bangalore but even in hotter city I feel this will work great.
I would suggest to get your air filter cleaned or replaced. Even then if there is no improvement then definitely there is issue with your car AC.
Old 7th May 2017, 14:32   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I would suggest to get your air filter cleaned or replaced. Even then if there is no improvement then definitely there is issue with your car AC.
Air filter and cabin filter have been replaced at the 10,000 Km service.

As expected the ASS is trying to delay things during the warranty period. have ordered a digital thermometer, so that i can compare in other cars and prove my point to them.
Old 8th May 2017, 11:38   #1746
BHPian

Since I got the first service done last week, I'm hearing a groan/ grind from the brakes after a cold start. The noise appears while starting and coming to a halt. The noise feel like the brakes are under immense pressure to hold the weight of the vehicle.

The noise was very prominent immediately after the service. The SA opened the left tyre and blamed it on dust in the front disc brake. The noise went away probably because things had heated up until but since then I hear it every day after a cold start. Goes away after driving for a while.

I believe it's harmless but the noise wasn't there before the service. Besides, it is very irritating. What could be the reason? It has not rained recently, nor is it humid here in NCR. Rust is not likely since its a new vehicle and has had an underbody coat from 3M. Should I get all brakes cleaned?

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 8th May 2017 at 11:41.
Old 9th May 2017, 15:59   #1747
BHPian

So some idiotic girl on a scooty banged it against my car the other day. The scooty did full acrobatic on my left side rear door and then both she & the vehicle landed in a yogic pose on the road .

Meanwhile, the car now has two decent size scratches about half a inch thick and 4-5" in length. Also , some metal dings as well. And one cm wide area has the paint chipped off where the door meets the rear bumper.

Went to Hyundai where the Bodyshop guy says its gonna cost me 6.5-7K, there is no point in claiming insurance as I am at 35% NCB. Otherwise, "chalate raho.." I am checking whether my policy has ncb protect clause..

Wifey says forget it and dont spend anything more now. What to do !!

My main concern is what technique they use to repair such scratches? do they beat the metal sheet to make it come in place- will that lead to loss of sheet strength? bit confused on whether to get it repaired or not. i am also confused abt the paint job quality...
Old 12th May 2017, 19:25   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
How happy are all owners with the AC of the car.

I've been having issues since the beginning.

Meanwhile

http://overdrive.in/features/hyundai...muvs-in-india/

Why is it that only I am having the problem
Old 13th May 2017, 18:34   #1749
BHPian

Maybe you should close off the rear vents and then check. Also check, if recirculation mode is on.

I have the higher variant with the ACC and initially I was a bit unimpressed as well. But then I shifted to manual AC controls, setting it at 21C (and these days , absolute max cool) and manual fan control (Speed 2) - couldn't have been happier.

My q to all: I dont think that the Creta would have a variable compressor - meaning the engine load and mileage impact once the AC is on vs when it is off would be the same across the range of the "Set temperature" . Whether it is at 21C or LO (MAX COOL) - the difference would be that its mixing fresh air at any higher temp setting other than MAX Cool.

So why not keep it at the max cool setting always and adjust fan if one feels chilly??
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 23:24   #1750
BHPian

Connected my phone today after a few days and Android Auto didn't work. It connected but the screen blanked out. Resetting it didn't help either. It's still not working. Less than 2 months and Android Auto connectivity in this car has failed me thrice already :frustrati
Old 16th May 2017, 14:14   #1751
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

A friend of mine is looking at Creta and is keen on testing the following. Any help with this will be of great help

1. Connectivity - Android Auto / Apple Car Play
2. Navigation
3. Static bending

Any tips from fellow BHP'ians would be of great help

Regards

-Sateesh
Old 17th May 2017, 09:34   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Connected my phone today after a few days and Android Auto didn't work. It connected but the screen blanked out. Resetting it didn't help either. It's still not working. Less than 2 months and Android Auto connectivity in this car has failed me thrice already :frustrati
Even I have faced the AVN blanked out now a couple of times and sometimes the system restarts itself or I have to manually switch off the car again and then start it . Factory resetting it didn't help either. Planning to take this up during my first service which is very near.
Old 17th May 2017, 10:14   #1753
BHPian

How do you guys find the bluetooth connectivity..? I face issues where the BT pairs up okay, but the call does not get received on the car's AVN, instead the phone just keeps ringing with no display on the AVN.. happens almost 50% of the times.
Old 17th May 2017, 10:27   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
Even I have faced the AVN blanked out now a couple of times and sometimes the system restarts itself or I have to manually switch off the car again and then start it . Factory resetting it didn't help either. Planning to take this up during my first service which is very near.
Happened to me in the first month itself. Factory reset fixed it so I couldn't raise it at the first service. But now it is not working at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
How do you guys find the bluetooth connectivity..? I face issues where the BT pairs up okay, but the call does not get received on the car's AVN, instead the phone just keeps ringing with no display on the AVN.. happens almost 50% of the times.
No issues with BT connectivity for me. At times my music app force closes itself but I think that's some issue with the phone not BT.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 11:24   #1755
BHPian

Update - out of curiosity, uninstalled and reinstalled the android auto app. And voila, it worked in the car too.

PS: Mods, please merge the posts.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed