Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2017, 18:18   #1771
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Fly wheel too seems ok, not in prestine or as good as new condition, but it has only nominal scratches.
Your car probably had a defective pressure plate, which damaged your plates.
Just spoke to the SA and told them to replace the flywheel. The reason is that it is the third set of clutch & pressure plate they would be changing. So I don't want to take a chance with the flywheel. I doubt (though not technically) it has some problem and burning out each new set of clutch & pressure plate.
Old 25th May 2017, 09:13   #1772
Senior - BHPian

@kmsithan

Had they replaced the pressure plate and thrust bearing during previous warranty work, or just the clutchplate.
My doubt is that they had replaced only the clutch plate, when real fault was the other two.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 10:41   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Had they replaced the pressure plate and thrust bearing during previous warranty work, or just the clutchplate.
My doubt is that they had replaced only the clutch plate, when real fault was the other two.
Rahul
Rahul,
Here is the invoice generated for the parts replacement and I was not there at the workshop to confirm if they have really replaced it. I did not get any old parts too.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-inv.jpg

Regards
Old 25th May 2017, 12:48   #1774
BHPian

Creta owners, do you notice a prominent sound while using a dipper? I got to use it in a silent area today and as the high beam dies down, I can hear a distinct sound like a motor returning to original position. It could be the motor driving the dipper but it is really odd because I haven't heard it before in any other vehicle before.
Old 25th May 2017, 13:11   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Creta owners, do you notice a prominent sound while using a dipper? I got to use it in a silent area today and as the high beam dies down, I can hear a distinct sound like a motor returning to original position. It could be the motor driving the dipper but it is really odd because I haven't heard it before in any other vehicle before.
As told by the service center to my brother at first service, it is a normal sound occuring in all cars with bi- beam projectors.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 13:42   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
The Creta currently does not have cruise control. Since you are planning to buy next year why worry now, it will probably get feature update by the time your are ready to buy.
Its been more than 9 mths since this post. Still no cruise control (CC) in the Creta :-(

Sometimes I doubt if they'll ever add CC to the Creta, because thats a step in the direction of reducing the difference with the Tucson.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th May 2018 at 08:05. Reason: bcoz > because. Strictly no SMS lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks.
Old 28th May 2017, 16:33   #1777
BHPian

I took delivery of my Creta SX+ Auto last week. While driving around Lonavala - Aamby valley route, the system kept announcing "curve ahead" at random curves. There appears to be no relation between the curve, speed of the car or the gear car is in. Also surprisingly, navigation was off (even in the iPhone connected to the system).

The announcements were very loud and a big distraction. Is there a way to turn it off / reduce the volume of the announcements?
Old 28th May 2017, 16:49   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
The announcements were very loud and a big distraction. Is there a way to turn it off / reduce the volume of the announcements?
You can mute the announcement by pressing the speaker icon on the right side of the Map screen. When you press the icon a volume bar will pop up and you can touch the speaker icon to mute it. The annoying bit though is that it resets to default when you stop and start the car.

The 'curve ahead' option can be turned off too. Click the 'Nav' button and on the screen you will find an icon named 'settings' - click on it. On the next screen, under tab 'route guidance' you will find an option titled, 'notify about curves ahead.' Remove the tick mark from this option.

If you couldn't follow this instruction, let me know, I can explain with some screenshots.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 17:17   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of my Creta SX+ Auto last week.

Is there a way to turn it off / reduce the volume of the announcements?
Congrats. Do you find the gears stiff when starting the vehicle first time during the day? I ask this because I find them pretty stiff, especially P to R.

As the person above me said, you can turn it off in navigation settings. It comes without any connection. Works in urban areas too around blind curves.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 18:29   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
You can mute the announcement by pressing the speaker icon on the right side of the Map screen. When you press the icon a volume bar will pop up and you can touch the speaker icon to mute it. The annoying bit though is that it resets to default when you stop and start the car.

The 'curve ahead' option can be turned off too. Click the 'Nav' button and on the screen you will find an icon named 'settings' - click on it. On the next screen, under tab 'route guidance' you will find an option titled, 'notify about curves ahead.' Remove the tick mark from this option.

If you couldn't follow this instruction, let me know, I can explain with some screenshots.
Thank you. It worked.

@Nonstop-driver

Yes only P to R is little hard - it is the same through out the day. The other shifts are similar to Honda City AT I used in 2014 - not too hard not too soft.

What is the tyre pressure you maintain? 33 for all four wheels?
akshay81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 19:00   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. It worked.

@Nonstop-driver

Yes only P to R is little hard - it is the same through out the day. The other shifts are similar to Honda City AT I used in 2014 - not too hard not too soft.

What is the tyre pressure you maintain? 33 for all four wheels?
32 since we ride with only 2 onboard most of the time. P to R is hard every time but loosens up a little if I idle it for 40-50 seconds. Although it shouldn't be this way.
Old 28th May 2017, 19:36   #1782
BHPian

Completed 60k km of blissful running, just the normal services and change of tires at 50k km. Not a single rattle or squeak till now
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta.jpeg  

sids1811 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 09:28   #1783
BHPian

I feel this vehicle is over priced and offers features which are of no use to users. I would go for a innova instead of creta at any given time.
Old 29th May 2017, 11:13   #1784
BHPian

@nonstop & akshay: are you guys parking on level road or even a slight incline/decline? I have seen it happen on non-level surfaces, but not otherwise.
I even brought it to the attention of the SA during my first service, but "meh"

How do you guys find the headlight spread ? I sometime have to check if they are ON or not!! (usually at dusk)

Last edited by BUXX : 29th May 2017 at 11:18.
Old 29th May 2017, 15:40   #1785
BHPian

@BUXX

Its little hard irrespective of the level.

Coming from 90-100 bulbs of my old car, the spread and power of Creta is good enough for me as of now.

Since I am not very much used to cornering lights, the left one tends to confuse me at times since in Pune, you normally have two wheelers squeezing themselves from the left side of the car and I have at several turns assumed its the headlight of a two wheeler instead of the cornering light! Still getting used to the helpful cornering lights.
akshay81 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks