Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 17:10   #1816
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Dear BHPians

Looks like Creta SX(O) isn't a very fast moving variant.

The cars allotted are both March 17 manufactured ones and hence wanted to check with other SX(O) owners if they were in a similar situation when they were to register a SX(O).

The dealer indicated that they received the car only late April in their yard and the reason is because it is the SX(O) variant

Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 14:59   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Dear BHPians

Looks like Creta SX(O) isn't a very fast moving variant.

Thanks
I am not an SX(O) owner but a AT SX+CRDI one.
I wont call the SX(O) a slow mover if you are looking for a Manual Transmission, the SX(O) is the one. 6 Air Bags, a MID which is fantastic.

But like all the Creta variants it is over priced.

If this SX(O) has got the updated Infotainment unit with Android Auto go for it.
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:56   #1818
BHPian

Seems my service centre trips won't stop anytime soon

So last night while returning home, I heard a loud sound from the co-driver side. It seemed like a rock or something metallic came under the tyre. Nothing critical. There was no contact with dividers or another vehicle whatsoever. We were cruising around 80kmph on the Akshardham flyover and since it was almost midnight, I didn't stop. But there was this tiny sound that I could hear and it looked like something is stuck to the tyre and is rotating with it.

Upon reaching home, I bend to look underneath when my wife pointed out that the plastic moulding on co-driver door is missing

There is hole in the skirting and it seems whatever impact pulled the moulding out was so strong, that it took 4-5 locks with it.

Notice the rupture in the moulding below

Notice the broken and missing locks

I'm still struggling to figure out what was the impact, especially when there was no contact. I ruled out theft because it is not an expensive part (1300 new with fitting at HASS) and not easy to remove.

Has it happened to anyone else? Any way to cover up that rupture?

Mods - please move this if you think there is a more appropriate thread for wider audience.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 15:36   #1819

My Creta SX(O) has now completed 50k, thats even with me not using it for close to 9 months during the ownership.
I am not sure if anyone else has issues with their Creta's suspensions.
All my springs have gotten hard, very hard actually. I will be replacing them on Monday, that's if they have received the ordered springs at the service center.
(I did notice a bit of stiffness when the car was new, but that helped me in the handling department - Loved it)
No complaints when running on highways & the stiffness works like a dream, next to no body roll. Its the bad roads where it breaks the back.
Old 23rd June 2017, 19:15   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
+1 to that

I did a drive to Lonawala this weekend and sadly I ended up with severe backache because of inadequate lumbar support (Under thigh support is not too good either). I have done about 1000+ KM's in a day on my swift and never faced this issue and here I did only about 250. I would need to find a solution to this problem else I don’t see all the planned road trips happening.
I took a TD of Creta today and I was left longing for a good seating position which offers me good lumbar support. What I felt was
a) Being a 6"2 guy, I have to keep seats pushed back and since telescopic steering is not there, I have to bend forward and drive
b) Height adjustment has been really good as compared to Verna from where I come but still for the most convenient position, lumbar support was missing
c) Seat compound was very hard

How is your experience after few years ?
I come from Verna and have been really disappointed with the seats for otherwise an excellent vehicle and have constant back/shoulder aches driving it.
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 18:13   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post

How is your experience after few years ?
I come from Verna and have been really disappointed with the seats for otherwise an excellent vehicle and have constant back/shoulder aches driving it.
After couple of years of ownership, I still feel seats are not as comfortable. I got the seat covers changed shortly after above post and got some foam added for better lumbar support. Since then it has been acceptable if not comfortable. I do get your complain on lack of telescopic steering too, its hard to find the sweet spot where my knee doesn’t constantly scrapes against the dash and arms are not stretched out to get the good grip on the steering. You may want to look at getting a layer of high density foam put in, with the seat covers.
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 18:31   #1822
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Has anyone replaced the clear headlamps (which come in the base and S variants) with the OEM projector headlamps (which come in the SX trim) in the Hyundai Creta? If yes, does this modification require any changes in the wiring or can the existing couplers be simply connected to the projector lamps?

Thanks in advance.

MODS - Re-posting this in the official review thread. Please delete the earlier post in auto lighting thread if needed.
Old 30th June 2017, 15:08   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
After couple of years of ownership, I still feel seats are not as comfortable. I got the seat covers changed shortly after above post and got some foam added for better lumbar support. Since then it has been acceptable if not comfortable. I do get your complain on lack of telescopic steering too, its hard to find the sweet spot where my knee doesn’t constantly scrapes against the dash and arms are not stretched out to get the good grip on the steering. You may want to look at getting a layer of high density foam put in, with the seat covers.

This is precisely what I have had been looking for. My Father did it in Ahmedabad but I know no one in Bangalore.

Sadly, Creta, XUV, Duster, none boast of seats which I was used to in Swift at half the price.
Any references of good seat makers in Bangalore ? Question for Bangalore folks

Last edited by Cooltronics : 30th June 2017 at 15:09.
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:39   #1824
BHPian

Just completed 25000 kms in one year, seven months and twenty days of stress-free and trouble-free driving. Pretty much satisfied with the experience but am having a tough time in reigning in my heart which is pulling towards the Jeep Compass but at present my mind is keeping it in check .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-25000.jpg  

thesilentone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:53   #1825
Team-BHP Support

Do we any facelift/refresh of the Creta in coming few months? My sister wishes to buy one and if any facelift/refresh in in offing, she would like to wait for it.
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:14   #1826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Do we any facelift/refresh of the Creta in coming few months? My sister wishes to buy one and if any facelift/refresh in in offing, she would like to wait for it.
Same here. My sister-in-law and a cousin are both inclined towards Creta but not sure if a facelift is in the offing now. At the most they can wait till Diwali.
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:12   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Same here. My sister-in-law and a cousin are both inclined towards Creta but not sure if a facelift is in the offing now. At the most they can wait till Diwali.
Dont think the face lift would be launched this year. As per online reports it is targeted for 2018. They will be just launching the new Verna in the festive season and perhaps some feature additions to Tucson to combat the Tiguan launch. Creta rates itself may drop by almost 80-90k post GST, go I would suggest to go ahead and buy
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:17   #1828
BHPian

Recently the HU in my Creta started acting erratically. The sound level suddenly gets dim and comes back to normal within a second. this occurs frequently , specially on a long trip.
Sometimes there is no sound at all and I have to restart it to get it working normal again.

I am due for Second service but am not sure if this will occur in front of service center personnel and he would be able to understand ( I have a video clip to show him though ).

has anyone faced similar issue ?
Old 3rd July 2017, 21:39   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
has anyone faced similar issue ?
Is your phone connected to the HU? Could it be because of a notification in your connected device?
Old 3rd July 2017, 22:37   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhandelwal View Post
Sometimes there is no sound at all and I have to restart it to get it working normal again.
I have faced this issue only once when there was no sound at all. Turning the system off, restarting the car didn't work. Only after I got out of the car, locked it and then again unlocked it, the volume came back.

Didn't seem connected device problem since I had turned off iPhone bluetooth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks