Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 00:49   #1876
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

30,000 kms update

My Creta completed

- Loss of acceleration on long drives (felt this while doing a one day Chennai-Bangalore-Chennai trip on Sunday). Nothing major, but just wanted to get it checked.

- Weak Brakes

- Clutch play to be adjusted

- AC not cooling enough

- Suspension - has become firmer resulting in tiredness after a long drive.

The service levels have gone up several notches. Due to my contacts, I do not need to take prior appointment. The service is very systematic and organised. The car was given at 9.30am and was ready at 3 pm. Cost Rs. 6622.

I took the car from the service at 6.30 pm and the car is much smoother than before.

The average mileage for the 30,000 odd kms stands at around 16.5 kmpl. The car runs as good as new.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20170817004515.jpg  

MAS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 10:50   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
All info floating around is mere speculation.

Early 2018 would mean a facelift within 2.5 years of launch - highly unlikely for a best selling Hyundai SUV.

I would say the festive season of 2018 or early 2019 looks more likely.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Your logic seems correct and hence I'll go ahead with the current diesel AT booking in a couple of days. Thanks once again.
Old 19th August 2017, 09:58   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I've no idea about mileage, maintenance costs or any other technical aspect related to the Creta..
Also, yes 800 km p.m justifies only a petrol.. double that and perhaps diesel might make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
The difference between the Petrol & Diesel variants is steep and your running by no means would be able to justify the additional cost of the Diesel even over 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
Going in for the petrol AT creta even though my running is around 3000 kms. Here in Kerala the on road price for petrol AT SX Plus is Rs. 14.32 and for Diesel AT SX Plus is Rs. 16.25. Then there is one more lower AT version in Diesel which is priced lower. I think its some where around at Rs. 15.4. So comparing the top end models there is a difference of around Rs. 2 lacs. To recover the same if I am running around 3000 kms per month, it could take roughly 3 years Seven months to recover, well please correct me if I am wrong. As even though I booked petrol AT, the dealer gave me a week time to decide if I want to change it to diesel AT. So guys I welcome your comments.
Thanks folks. Yeah the difference is exactly 2 lakhs. The fuel consumption is definitely one part of the decision. I am trying to estimate maintenance costs too. Of course haven't factored resale into it as of now. Given the popularity the diesel AT should have pretty good resale as well. Further, the point on diesel emissions is definitely valid.
I'm surprised how the Honda BRV gets better mileage than Creta even though it's a bigger vehicle.
Old 20th August 2017, 14:16   #1879
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

I have a 2016 SX+ Petrol Automatic that's done about 7200 kms. Just got back from getting the alignment and balancing done from the neighborhood shop and the guy told me one of the alloy wheels (17") has a slight bend. It's not visible to the naked eye, but I could notice it wobbling a little on the balancing machine. To give you an idea, he had to put about 156 gms of balancing weights on that wheel, compared to 10-40 gms on all the others. The tire was originally the front left, but since I also got the tires rotated today, it's now the driver side rear wheel. Is this going to create any problems? The guy told me it'll be fine with the balancing done. Is there anyway I can get a warranty claim on the wheel? I think it's odd the rim has bent so early on in the car's life without there being any signs of damage on the tire itself. My previous car, a 2005 Ford Fusion, did over 1,60,000 kms on the same roads and never had any damage to the alloys.
Old 22nd August 2017, 16:13   #1880
BHPian

Returned after a fun weekend trip to Narkanda with the Nightfury (our Creta AT-D). Some experiences:

1. The Karnal Detour
We started from Noida around 6pm on Friday, 18th August. Things were going great until we crossed the Panipat toll on Ambala highway. There was a blockadge near Karnal toll and the traffic was diverted via nearby villages. It was around 8.45PM then. Left without a choice, we chartered on the village roads. There was some traffic but very few were aware of the correct route. So a lot of people ended up going in circles in the villages. We followed a state transport bus, and after some tense 2 hours of driving in pitch dark narrow uneven roads, merged on the Chandigarh highway again. The Nightfury was great at quick manuveurs on narrow roads. Also the turning radius is great for its size.

2. The return journey
We started from Narkanda around 4.30PM yesterday. Target was to reach Chandigarh by 10PM. I've done the same stretch in my i10, Honda City and a few other cars but boy does Creta blow them out when it comes to handling and comfort. The suspension is great for a Hyundai and the car stayed its ground on sharp curves. The engine, even with its AT box, is punchy for those split second overtaking manuveurs. Super fun.

Although we could reach latest by 10.30 :(

3. The washout
Chandigarh witnessed heavy rains yesterday but was almost dry by the time we reached. We started from Chandigarh around 7.30AM today, about the same time it started raining again.
It rained all the way till Krukshetra and it rained really really hard. The driving was convenient though due to the high seating and good view of the road.

We had a close encounter with a Volvo XC60 though. We were following the Volvo with a Mahindra pickup in the left lane while it was raining and were about 60ish kmph. Due to the rain, a lot of water had accummulated at the base of a flyover. The Volvo underestimated the accummulation and the splash from the Pickup engulfed its windscreen. This made the Volvo come to a sudden halt. I had anticipated it would slow down but not stop altogether. I was about 10ft away and managed to avoid a collision by half a feet. The Baleno behind me was in a similar state I'm assuming. No contact happened anywhere though!

The negatives:
1. The A-pillar can be a pain while driving on hills on right hand side curves. Had to lean in to get a clear view.
2. The rain droplets somehow didn't run-off the rear view camera and it often remained foggy. Had to manually clear it wherever I could.

Got about 14.4 km for every litre of diesel which is acceptable. About 70% was with AC on I'd say. Sorry, no pictures of the car this time :(

The ODO now reads 7200. Time for the first alignment balancing session.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:49   #1881
BHPian

So , have been facing this issue with the clutch lately that sometimes when i engage first gear and then when i release the clutch the car stutters , pretty violently and i everytime have to push the throttle harder to make it smooth.
Now before someone says i'am doing this wrong , i drive the City similarly and it never had that issue or none of the other cars for that matter, in Creta too it does'nt always happen but something like this happened in our Cruze too but that was after 75000Kms and i suspected the clutch wearing out to be the culprit there , it had that issue after driving for an hour or more in heavy traffic , Creta has it from the moment it starts.
I remember reading about clutch issues with Creta and people getting it replaced under warranty , are these symptoms similar to that?
My car is Creta 1.6 D and has run about 6500 Kms so it way too early for any clutch issues to come up and this issue is more or less present after 2000Kms i guess and it seems to have gotten worse in the last couple thousand kilometers.
Old 27th August 2017, 13:32   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
I remember reading about clutch issues with Creta and people getting it replaced under warranty , are these symptoms similar to that?
My car is Creta 1.6 D and has run about 6500 Kms so it way too early for any clutch issues to come up and this issue is more or less present after 2000Kms i guess and it seems to have gotten worse in the last couple thousand kilometers.
Seems the clutch plate has worn out. Better you get it replaced right away. Make sure that they are replacing fly wheel too. Driving with shuddering issue will lead to clutch burn out. Warranty will not be covered for clutch burn outs.

I have faced this exact issue and clutch burn out and continue to have problems with clutch being hard in my 1.6 D Creta. I could not find any solution
Old 28th August 2017, 10:41   #1883
BHPian

Saw an article in cartoq as well as autocarindia that Creta facelift unveiled in china also. Seems we could expect it in india earlier next year or soon?
Old 30th August 2017, 16:55   #1884
BANNED

Guys,

I have booked the Creta in its 1.6L CRDi SX (O) variant today. Expected delivery is 1-1.5 months from now.

OTR: ₹16.30L (Insurance quote from outside and not from Hyundai dealer).

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th August 2017 at 16:58.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 17:20   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have booked the Creta in its 1.6L CRDi SX (O) variant today.
Congrats!

But weren't you interested in getting the S-Cross 1.6? What tilted the decision in Creta's favour?

On a lighter note, we can soon expect a series of DIYs on this Hyundai superstar .
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 17:28   #1886
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
But weren't you interested in getting the S-Cross 1.6? What tilted the decision in Creta's favour?
Lack of clarity from Maruti if the 1.6 will remain as an option or will be removed. I needed the car faster due to medical emergency hence went with the Creta (competitively even though I have to wait for a month or more may be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
On a lighter note, we can soon expect a series of DIYs on this Hyundai superstar
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 17:30   #1887
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Guys,

I have booked the Creta in its 1.6L CRDi SX (O) variant today. Expected delivery is 1-1.5 months from now.

In your audio upgrade thread for the swift I thought you were to drive the swift till the end of the year and wait for the new S cross 1.6. It's a surprise you booked the creta out of the blue. It would be great if you could share your thought process with us here.

Also I believe you should look at the lower trims of the Compass. Even the sport which at 15.45 L ex showroom should be around 1 L more expensive than SX(O) of the Creta should me much more fun to drive than the Hyundai. Considering you drive 100km+ on some good roads I believe that would be a big factor in your buying decision. If you can live without some gizmos (although the jeep has essential safety features covered) and would like something that's not too common on the roads as of now I would surely recommend the lower variants of compass. The Creta is just too common and pretty expensive for what it offers. Just my thoughts.

EDIT: Read your post after posting this. If you want the car faster I think you should shop around. Creta should be available ready at some other dealership in your city. If you are comfortable with waiting for a couple of months you may contact the Jeep dealer and you may be able to get the car in that time.

Last edited by ToyotaFan : 30th August 2017 at 17:34.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 17:41   #1888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
If you want the car faster I think you should shop around. Creta should be available ready at some other dealership in your city.
Checked 5 dealership in Hyderabad all have no stocks at all.

Waiting quoted is common of 30 days minimum, maximum being 45 days.

Jeep Compass wasn't in radar fully because it is new into the market and dad didn't want to get it. Any new release, dad prefers it post 1 year from launch because by then all issues/niggles will be ironed out.

On the lighter note, I don't want to start the

"Jeep Compass: Niggles thread"
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 00:23   #1889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Congrats!!

I actually wanted you to buy your true love : 1.6 S-Cross . But Maruti had different plans. Your decision sounds logical now. 1.6 S-Cross owners are already suffering with spare parts availability

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 31st August 2017 at 00:25.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 12:01   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Hi Anurag, yours is one of the many threads on the forum that I am constantly glued on. The DIY's you carry out are awesome. I was actually curious about your next car purchase. Since, you were considering XUV and S cross 1.6 I thought you will end up with the S Cross 1.6. Very surprising that you chose the Creta. Are you retaining the Swift? Anyways, Happy motoring. And keenly waiting for your next ownership report. Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks