Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 12:40   #1891
BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hi Anurag, yours is one of the many threads on the forum that I am constantly glued on.
Thank you Sir for the appreciation.

Quote:
Very surprising that you chose the Creta.
Haha. I am surprised myself actually.

XUV 5OO was in the radar since the actual plan was to sell both Swift and Ertiga to get the XUV but dad decided to retain the Ertiga for another year or two so having two 7-seaters at home is useless.

S-Cross 1.6 (Facelift) is what I wanted in the first place but there is no clarity from Maruti Suzuki whether the engine will be available as an option or not. I am done with the 1.3L MJD and looking for a change badly. Then something big happened pertaining to my health that needs me to avoid driving low-slung/low-seating cars ASAP.

I had the Breeza, S-Cross 1.6 and Creta as choices to purchase. Brezza was instantly ruled out thanks to the engine, S-Cross 1.6, no clarity hence I am left with no choice but to get the Creta.

Jeep Compass was an option but didn't consider it since it's new in the market and is a question mark in terms of long term reliability.

Quote:
Are you retaining the Swift? Anyways, Happy motoring.
Swift is what is going. The Creta is a replacement to my Swift.

Thank you Sir for the wishes.

Last edited by a4anurag : 31st August 2017 at 12:43.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 10:34   #1892
BHPian

Is there any issue with the availability of Creta as per the Goa dealer Hyundai has stopped giving allotments to Cretas from the factory itself which is a reason I cannot digest. I feel the dealership is taking me for a ride.

Anyone has faced similar issues as my booking is pending with the dealer and with cess about to go up the dealer is pushing me to go for the verna.

My concern is how Hyundai has stopped allotments for Creta and how come allotments for Verna are available.

Is Hyundai trying to push the Verna in this situation of Cess increase or is the dealer playing smart.
Old 1st September 2017, 12:28   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon4888 View Post
Is there any issue with the availability of Creta as per the Goa dealer Hyundai has stopped giving allotments to Cretas from the factory itself which is a reason I cannot digest. I feel the dealership is taking me for a ride.

Anyone has faced similar issues as my booking is pending with the dealer and with cess about to go up the dealer is pushing me to go for the verna.

My concern is how Hyundai has stopped allotments for Creta and how come allotments for Verna are available.

Is Hyundai trying to push the Verna in this situation of Cess increase or is the dealer playing smart.
Dealers do this all the time. They would have a target number to sell Verna's. If you have other dealers in the city, check with them too. They don't really lose anything with increase in cess as that will most definitely be pass on to the customers. So it is in your own interest that you look at other dealers or try getting some information from the company helpline.
Old 2nd September 2017, 15:08   #1894
BHPian

Just took delivery of a Silver 1.6 CRDI SX+ automatic Creta today.
That engine...
The Compass was oh so tempting, but the automatic isn't available yet, so had to go for the Hyundai. Might buy the Compass or Renegade in a year or two. Hopefully Mopar will bring some of the aftermarket support that they are famous for to India.

Coming back to the Creta...
Planning to get the roof covered in black vinyl from 3M and to get new seat covers and maybe floor mats.
Other than that I wanted to go for disk brakes at the rear as well, but was told that doing so would meet with the extended warranty.
Do you guys have any suggestions, or is there a thread about accessories people have fitted on to the Creta?

Quote:

Even I was told a similar thing in Ahmedabad.
But then once I insisted he placed the order and the car was delivered in around 10 days.
I had read somewhere on the forum that they had temporarily stopped production of the Creta and were pushing full steam ahead with the Verna.
However that doesn't mean that the company doesn't have stock of Cretas.
Be firm about it, maybe ask a different dealer. You should be able to get the car easily. I know for a fact that Sharayu Hyundai in Navi Mumbai has a few cars in stock. Maybe you can enquire with them if your dealer is insisting that he wouldn't be able to get the car.

Last edited by sleepyk : 2nd September 2017 at 15:21.
Old 2nd September 2017, 23:13   #1895
BHPian

Quote:

I had booked the Creta CRDI SX(o) on 25th July and tomorrow the car will be delivered.

The dealer told that Hyundai had stopped Creta allotment in August for two weeks, to build up the Verna stock. Even other model (like Xcent, i20) top variants were not being allotted till August last week, I was told.

But the allotment has started in August last week. So check with your dealer now.
Old 3rd September 2017, 00:06   #1896
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
I had booked the Creta CRDI SX(o) on 25th July and tomorrow the car will be delivered.
Congratulations in advance.

I have booked the same variant on 30.08.2017. God knows when I'll get mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
But the allotment has started in August last week. So check with your dealer now.
I have asked my SA but he isn't sure when the delivery would happen. They have placed an order/indent for the car on 31.08.2017.

No updated thereafter.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd September 2017 at 00:29.
Old 4th September 2017, 02:37   #1897
BHPian

Dear all

Does any Creta auto diesel owner face issues with downshifting, particularly in high speeds? Recently, our car has started acting funny while downshifting which is more apparent on highways. The car feels jerky and a little power loss is felt, which wasn't the case earlier. Any help/suggestion would be appreciated . Thanks!
Old 4th September 2017, 12:45   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Dear all

Does any Creta auto diesel owner face issues with downshifting, particularly in high speeds? Recently, our car has started acting funny while downshifting which is more apparent on highways. The car feels jerky and a little power loss is felt, which wasn't the case earlier. Any help/suggestion would be appreciated . Thanks!
No problem at all. Infact I like the way the autobox downshifts without letting anyone know about it The loss of power could be due to understanding of the autobox. Generally it downshifts around 1000RPM so if you hit the pedal before the RPM has dropped, it wouldn't downshift and you'd feel the momentum isn't building up rapidly. This happens particularly at inclines, unless you floor it ofcourse. I generally let it fall under 1000 before hitting the A pedal again.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 13:04   #1899
Team-BHP Support

We're scheduled to get delivery of our passion red E+ Creta 1.6 this evening. Have opted for the Mobis mud flaps & floor mats along with 0 depreciation insurance as extras.
Ready stock unavailability of the SX 1.6 CRDI was an eye opener for us towards the E+ 1.6 Petrol trim which comes with almost everything we are going to need to use. Will be swapping the 16" steel wheels & tires for a set of 17 inchers in the coming days.
Old 4th September 2017, 13:16   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
No problem at all. Infact I like the way the autobox downshifts without letting anyone know about it
Thanks for responding. Guess there is something not right with our car which never had this sort of issue in our two years of ownership. Would be taking it to HASS in a few days' time.

Quote:
The loss of power could be due to understanding of the autobox. Generally it downshifts around 1000RPM so if you hit the pedal before the RPM has dropped, it wouldn't downshift and you'd feel the momentum isn't building up rapidly. This happens particularly at inclines, unless you floor it ofcourse. I generally let it fall under 1000 before hitting the A pedal again.
True, though the power loss has become more evident these days. HASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
We're scheduled to get delivery of our passion red E+ Creta 1.6 this evening. Have opted for the Mobis mud flaps & floor mats along with 0 depreciation insurance as extras.
Ready stock unavailability of the SX 1.6 CRDI was an eye opener for us towards the E+ 1.6 Petrol trim which comes with almost everything we are going to need to use. Will be swapping the 16" steel wheels & tires for a set of 17 inchers in the coming days.
Congratulations! Oh that passion red color , looks stunning. Good luck and please share pictures of your new car, whenever you can.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 13:47   #1901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Good luck and please share pictures of your new car, whenever you can.
One of the few pictures I snapped at the dealer's yard last week. Sitting on the fence over swapping the black understated grill for a chrome unit from the higher variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20170901_133752-large.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 4th September 2017 at 13:48.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 16:00   #1902
BHPian

Hello!

Can any of the existing owners help me in making decision for my cousin?
Creta E+ Petrol costs 11.33 Lakhs OTR Pune
Creta E+ DIESEL costs 11.7 Lakhs OTR Pune (just a difference of 37 k Rs.)

But Petrol E+ gets 5 inch Touch Screen Infotainment unit with steering mounted control and bluetooth, plus Roofrails. The same variant with Diesel heart doesn't have it.

Now when his running would be around 1000 KM per month, which option makes sense?
Can ICE upgraded if he goes with Diesel E+ option?
Old 4th September 2017, 17:21   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
If the price difference is only 37k, I would pick the Diesel irrespective of the running, for the simple reason that it would fetch me almost 70 nm of extra torque over the Petrol variant, which my friend no aftermarket expert can give you.

Just my $0.02

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 17:40   #1904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you Sir for the appreciation.
I had the Breeza, S-Cross 1.6 and Creta as choices to purchase. Brezza was instantly ruled out thanks to the engine, S-Cross 1.6, no clarity hence I am left with no choice but to get the Creta.
Hello Anurag, sorry for gate crashing. Apart from being dated, may we know the reason why the Duster wasn't considered?

I used to drive an Alto, which compounded my lower back pain(due to lack of proper exercise). It has been replaced by a wagon-r, though the lower back stress has reduced but due to the horrendous ride quality of wagon-r along with the body roll, the pain moved upwards towards the neck area. It is when I realized that irrespective of the seat height and comfort, ride quality is an equally important factor for comfortable and fatigue-less daily commute. Does the Creta better the Duster in terms of dynamics(less body roll) and comfort?

All the best, eagerly awaiting the initial ownership review of the new car.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 4th September 2017 at 17:41.
Old 4th September 2017, 23:16   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello!

Creta E+ Petrol costs 11.33 Lakhs OTR Pune
Creta E+ DIESEL costs 11.7 Lakhs OTR Pune (just a difference of 37 k Rs.)

But Petrol E+ gets 5 inch Touch Screen Infotainment unit with steering mounted control and bluetooth, plus Roofrails. The same variant with Diesel heart doesn't have it.

Now when his running would be around 1000 KM per month, which option makes sense?
Can ICE upgraded if he goes with Diesel E+ option?
The petrol variant does come with more features plus more refined driving experience (read: no diesel clatter) and lesser service cost in future. Running cost would considerably be higher.

The diesel variant comes with better low speed drivability, lower running cost but higher maintenance and less features. One important thing to note is the E+ diesel variant comes with 1.4 engine which is not that great in overall performance.

I would go for the petrol variant if I was your cousin since monthly running is not high plus a better engine and more features are on offering. Happy hunting .
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks