Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:47   #1936
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Took delivery of our Passion Red Creta 1.6 E+ last evening.

Looks like you were not the only one waiting it out for their Creta
Hi Mate, Congratulations , indeed the colour your good self has chosen is a head turner and as you have rightly mentioned the blackend A + B pillars really bring out the colour.

I wish you, happy mile munching in this gorgeous vehicle.

Regards,
Kunal

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th September 2017 at 12:57. Reason: Properly formatted the post. Thanks
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:18   #1937
BHPian

Slotting to reverse gear in my less than a month old Petrol E+ creta is not smooth like other gears. Any one else facing the same? Does it need any special attention during first service or is it the nature of the gear box? Car has run 1150 Kms as of now.
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:29   #1938
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

This is a question for all Creta owners on the forum here regarding the infotainment system, specifically the ones before introduction of the CarPlay Unit (~Pre April 2017). My car is an October 2016 make, with the 7 inch touchscreen unit.

I have sat on this issue for 11 months till I visited the service centre again. When I connect my iPhone with the apple lightening cable, the phone only charges. It displays a message showing 'reading iPod' and then 'failed to read' and continues to charge. Have tried this with multiple cables and across iPhone 6,6S & 7 too. I have just given my car for service and have pointed this out. There was some confusion at the dealer, if such a feature even exists in the Creta in the non CarPlay units which I have !!

I showed the friendly folk at Safdarjang Hyundai, how it works in a Grand i10, i20 etc and they have agreed to look into it and update the software version in the unit.

Any pointers? It is a made for iPod/iPhone system right? Can stream music via the cable ? I find it very hard to believe that in the Creta when an iPhone is plugged into the USB, it can only charge.

PS- Both iPhone & iPod function perfectly in my Grand i10, and the playlists, songs everything shows up on the unit in the Gi10. Hoping it is just some bug on my Creta.

Any pointers guys.
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:15   #1939
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please confirm if the vehicle's owner's manual is a part of service booklet in case of the Creta ? Why I am asking is because while handing over the car by the deslership, I was presented with three booklets, a Service Booklet, a Car Navigation System Owner manual and last one Navigation Owner's manual.

On enquiring from the Sales person he said hyundai is now providing the manual in form of a CD thats there with service manual. Is this true ?

Regards
Kunal
Old 23rd September 2017, 18:08   #1940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
On enquiring from the Sales person he said hyundai is now providing the manual in form of a CD thats there with service manual. Is this true ?

Regards
Kunal
I did receive a bunch of books with the car.
1) Owner's manual and service booklet
2) Navigation manual
3) Car navigation system

I also did receive the manual in the CD form as well. BTW, my car is from the first batch. Maybe they skimped it later like they always do.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20170923_180031.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 01:45   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone please confirm if the vehicle's owner's manual is a part of service booklet in case of the Creta ? Why I am asking is because while handing over the car by the deslership, I was presented with three booklets, a Service Booklet, a Car Navigation System Owner manual and last one Navigation Owner's manual.

Regards
Kunal
Yeah they've stopped giving out the physical owner's manual.
Even I got the CD-ROM when I bought my car ~15 days back.

It's been documented on the thread previously as well.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 02:14   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
1. What about the warranty impact if he goes to some external mechanic. Car is just 6 months old.

2. Does "engine protect" cover this situation where the driver has attempted to crank the engine in waterlogged condition. The current insurance surveyor already knows this now.

Can something be done by writing to Hyundai senior management directly ?
Any update on your colleague's car status? Really unfortunate. My heart goes out to him. Even the mistake is entirely his, I still hope he gets to fix his car without spending too much money. Spending 6 lacs to fix a new car is truly heartbreaking.
Old 24th September 2017, 17:18   #1943
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I was finding, lack of auto rewinding window glass and auto folding ovrm feautres little inconvenient, so took the plunge and got aftermarket modules installed.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 24th September 2017 at 17:20.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 18:49   #1944
BANNED

Quote:
I was finding, lack of auto rewinding window glass and auto folding ovrm feautres little inconvenient, so took the plunge and got aftermarket modules installed.
Hello, is that a single module that does both the jobs? Cost?

No resistance from Hyundai?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 18:54   #1945
BHPian

Hi Mate,

How are you ? Any news about the delivery date of your SX (o)?

These are two separate modules, cost of both was INR 4500 (inculsive of Labour).

Hyundai sales executive were against any addition of after market electrical accessories, but I got these installed anyhow.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 24th September 2017 at 19:03. Reason: Fixed a typo.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 19:21   #1946
BANNED

Quote:
Any news about the delivery date of your SX (O)?
I am fine buddy. Thank you.

No news of any sort on my SX(O). No allotment done so far. No idea when I'll get the delivery. Loosing faith and all the new car buying excitement has gone down the drain.

Quote:
These are two separate modules, cost of both was INR 4500 (inculsive of Labour).
Ok. That's a decent price. Any images of the install and make of the item? Is it KMH or RD?

Any other modifications planned for your Creta?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 19:45   #1947
BHPian

I pray and hope that you get the delivery at the earliest.

The make of the modules were ToRq.

The battery of my phone went dead so could not document the install.

Planning to replace the stock halogen bulbs with Led bulbs. Also as now I already installed the modules so planning to add few more electrical accessories (electrochromic ivrm, leds for foot well ilumination etc.)

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 12:37   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Any update on your colleague's car status? Really unfortunate. My heart goes out to him. Even the mistake is entirely his, I still hope he gets to fix his car without spending too much money. Spending 6 lacs to fix a new car is truly heartbreaking.
He is in constant touch with the dealer. He also tried reaching Hyundai, but no positive improvement it seems.

He is in absolutely no mood to spend 6.5 lakhs on a brand new car with a question mark on its future reliability. Most probably it looks like, he may sell the car off and get over with this episode.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 15:28   #1949
BHPian

Hi All,

Help needed, I am not able to find the option of controlling the illumination of instrument cluster, is this option omitted by Hyundai for SX+ model ??

Regards
Kunal
Old 25th September 2017, 16:45   #1950
Senior - BHPian

SX+ does not have the feature to adjust brightness of the instrument cluster. Only SX(O) gets it. Its mentioned as well in the Official Review itself, go to the last page.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 25th September 2017 at 16:49. Reason: sorry for multiple editing, wanted to link post but couldn't figure out how.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed