Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2017, 17:09   #1951
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
SX+ does not have the feature to adjust brightness of the instrument cluster. Only SX(O) gets it. Its mentioned as well in the Official Review itself, go to the last page.

Hi Mate,

Thank you for clarifying, I am really surprised that Hyundai omitted this basic feature from such an expensive vehicle (even vehicles which are 2-3 segment lower, have this feature.)

Anyways nothing can be done now, have to live without it.

Regards
Kunal
Old 25th September 2017, 17:42   #1952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi All,

Help needed, I am not able to find the option of controlling the illumination of instrument cluster, is this option omitted by Hyundai for SX+ model ??

Regards
Kunal
Are you worried that you will need more illumination or want to reduce the brightness? The highest position is pretty normal lighting and reducing it will make the cluster a lot darker. Frankly speaking, this is one feature that you will not use unless you find the highest position eye blinding which is not the case. I just tried this when I got the car and havent touched it since that.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 18:00   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Are you worried that you will need more illumination or want to reduce the brightness?
Thank you Mate, I wanted to reduce the brightness, but couldn't find a way to do that and now got confirmation from you as well as well as adi_petrolhead, that it isn't provided in lower models of creta.

Regards
Kunal
Old 25th September 2017, 19:37   #1954
Senior - BHPian

I agree. The cluster in all other trims besides SX(O) along with all other blue led accents on USB and Aux ports, the AC controls, it's actually very bright. First time I ever got in to my friend's Creta SX petrol was to look for the illumination adjuster but it was missing.

The greatest omission to me seems to be no backlit switches for the power windows and ORVM adjuster knobs.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 16:09   #1955
BHPian

Did anyone get their HU software upgraded recently? What version is Hyundai offering at present?
Old 28th September 2017, 23:17   #1956
Team-BHP Support

Without spending much time my brother and I had shortlisted these Momo Massimos for the Creta:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20170928wa0041.jpg

A couple of days prior to the delivery we liked the Evojet Scream design for its mature styling over the in your face hot Massimo.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20170928wa0042.jpg

Eventually we went ahead for the Evojet as they seemed relatively more timeless and mature for the Creta which is going to mostly be used by our parents. The Evojet Scream also was pretty close in color to the roof rails and appealed to my symetrical fetish.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20170928-22.48.41.jpg

Another look at the wheel design:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1506618660284.jpg

Last edited by manson : 29th September 2017 at 15:30.
manson is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:28   #1957
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My sister who drives Creta 1.6 Automatic has this complaint of driver seat height being too low and she cannot get the proper view of the road. Any solution overcome this?

Apologies if the question has already been asked. Thanks!
Old 29th September 2017, 20:04   #1958
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
My sister who drives Creta 1.6 Automatic has this complaint of driver seat height being too low and she cannot get the proper view of the road. Any solution overcome this?
I know it is not at a logical solution but your sister can use a pillow or else another costlier solution is to get the drivers seat (only seat base with height adjusting mechanism) from SX(O) variant.

Creta Drives seat
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 21:40   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

You haven't mentioned the variant of your Creta, my 1.6 SX automatic has a height adjuster in the seat which finds good use amongst my family.

Option 1: If in case your car is the lower variant which due to Hyundai's incessant variant shuffle ups I don't know about and doesn't have a height adjusting mechanism (Might be an S+), Try going to a good Seat cover Manufacturer/Installer or a big accessory shop, they might be able to alter the seat height and pattern as per your liking by adding extra cushioning.
Delhi has many places like Autocraft India and Autoshades which can do this. Check out their facebook pages and you'll find similiar projects.

Option 2: Find a friendly service centre and get the required parts for a height adjuster retrofit to your existing seat. You can check the parts at the link in the post above.

EDIT: Pasting the link from above : https://oriparts.com/8/198/1385/459765

Last edited by Jag4 : 30th September 2017 at 21:44.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 08:41   #1960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Did anyone get their HU software upgraded recently? What version is Hyundai offering at present?
I got it updated updated 2 days back. This is the version. BHPian NKghai had given step by step instructions on how to update this on your own. It's just the map update. The map interface looks new and fresh. I hope they have updated the information. Old map didnt have many addresses.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20170930_094625.jpg

BTW, got my 30k service done. Came to 7200/- approx. Service experience was pathetic. I shall be updating my thread in 2 weeks as I have a drive and thought I will update everything in one go.
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:56   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

BHPian Anurag suggested using a pillow and that made me think that ideal solution for your sister may be this Grin Health memory cushion which is flat and has support for the back too.

We got it for my wife and she uses it while travelling in my Creta and finds it comfortable and yes it does raise the height. It snuggly fits onto the seat and the cover is washable. The product is available online.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-unnamed-1.jpg

Last edited by nkghai : 2nd October 2017 at 09:58. Reason: my spellings
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:34   #1962
BHPian

Hi All,

One of my tyre's side wall has deformed, the vehicle has done 270 kms only and I am sure that there was no incident where the tyre's sidewall could have came in contact with anything.

I would humbly request you all to kindly suggest what should be the course of action now.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20171002wa0010.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20171002wa0011.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 2nd October 2017 at 11:50. Reason: Attached another pic.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 22:17   #1963
BHPian

Cross-posting this from the city thread since I wanted the opinions of Creta owners as well http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4279470

Wanted help in deciding between the Petrol Creta and the City. I need a modern plush car with 80% driving in Bangalore city and 20% for weekend trips to places around Bangalore.
My office is pretty close to work so the monthly running won't be more than 500 kms, hence tilting towards Petrol powered vehicles.

The City Petrol V MT costs Rs 11.8 lakh in Bangalore and is loaded with features. The comparable variant is the Creta SX+, which costs Rs 14.6 lakh (The mid variant in the Creta is E+ and is woefully low on features - no seat height adjust, no infotainment, no rear camera, no alloy wheels etc)

The City engine is faster (~1.5 sec faster 0-100 run, 195 kmph top speed vs 160 kmph for the Creta) and is more efficient (+3 kmpl mileage). It trumps the Creta in space (more legroom, +100 litre in boot volume) and has features like Isofix mounts, 8 speakers (vs 6), Cruise control. I found the City's seats wider and more comfortable. Reports suggest the city will handle better. The 8 speaker music system sounded great.

Creta's biggest trump card is the higher seating position and the 190 mm ground clearance (vs 165 mm in the City). Couldn't find the laden ground clearance numbers anywhere. Its also apparently got a more silent cabin and a more comfortable ride at slow speeds.

The City at Rs 11.8 lakh with the more responsive engine seems like a VFM option. Wondering if paying ~3 lakh extra for the ground clearance in the Creta makes sense, especially since most of the driving is in and around Bangalore where the roads are not very bad.

What would you guys suggest?

Last edited by Silverfire : 2nd October 2017 at 22:17. Reason: Typo
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:37   #1964
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I know it is not at a logical solution but your sister can use a pillow or else another costlier solution is to get the drivers seat (only seat base with height adjusting mechanism) from SX(O) variant.

Creta Drives seat

Thanks for your input Anurag. After your suggestion, I did try the pillow mechanism, for some reason there was lower back pain on our long ride from Gurgaon to Chandigarh. The cushion was not covering the entire seat and I think that might be the culprit. Will let you how is it after a full seat cushion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
You haven't mentioned the variant of your Creta, my 1.6 SX automatic has a height adjuster in the seat which finds good use amongst my family.

EDIT: Pasting the link from above : https://oriparts.com/8/198/1385/459765

My apologies for not making the post clear. The car variant in question is SX and yes, you're correct, it does come with the height adjuster but even after adjusting the seat height to the maximum adjustment, my sister has problem with the view. Me being above six foot feels comfy and have good commanding view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
We got it for my wife and she uses it while travelling in my Creta and finds it comfortable and yes it does raise the height. It snuggly fits onto the seat and the cover is washable. The product is available online.

Thanks nkghai, I have read the reviews and it looks promising. However, there are many variants of the cushion. Could you please paste the link of the cushion that fits perfectly on creta's seat. I am firstly going to try the trick suggested by Anurag, it that doesn't work out. I will give this a try.

Quick question, my car's efficiency shows 27kmpl. Although it as a good news but I think it is not possible.is there something wrong with my my car's MID console?

PS: I am trying to upload a photo via app but says security error

Thanks!

Last edited by drive_angry : 2nd October 2017 at 23:42.
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:49   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post

Wanted help in deciding between the Petrol Creta and the City. I need a modern plush car with 80% driving in Bangalore city and 20% for weekend trips to places around Bangalore.

Creta's biggest trump card is the higher seating position and the 190 mm ground clearance (vs 165 mm in the City).
What would you guys suggest?
With the current Bangalore roads i would recommend any vehicle with high ground clearance. Today while driving under the Hebbal flyover in order to get to New BHEL road, there were huge potholes. I was happy i was driving the CRETA. If i still had my i20 or my Fiesta "Classic" it would have been a different story.

My vote is for the CRETA, but not sure if any facelift is coming round the corner. Another option could be the Honda WRV, it has 188mm GC,2mm less than the CRETA. Or what about the CAPTUR. Food for thought.

Most Viewed