Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:57   #1966
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
With the current Bangalore roads i would recommend any vehicle with high ground clearance. Today while driving under the Hebbal flyover in order to get to New BHEL road, there were huge potholes. I was happy i was driving the CRETA. If i still had my i20 or my Fiesta "Classic" it would have been a different story.

My vote is for the CRETA, but not sure if any facelift is coming round the corner. Another option could be the Honda WRV, it has 188mm GC,2mm less than the CRETA. Or what about the CAPTUR. Food for thought.
Thanks for your input

From reports on the forum the City's 165 mm ground clearance, coupled with a stiffer suspension, seem to be ok for Banglore roads. Haven't seen any reports of scraping. Though looking at all the water logging, might need to check the wading behaviour of the city. Was driving around MG Road on Sunday, and one side was completely submerged in water >2 feet.

Creta facelift will be mid-2018 from the reports I have gathered. The WRV is a nice car but the petrol 1.2 engine is very puny. Waiting for the CAPTUR pricing to be announced, but from what i have heard it will be priced higher than the Creta. The Captur has average interiors and the petrol engine is a real snoozefest. From reviews what I can gather is, it's basically a Duster but in finer clothes. I would rate the Creta higher than the Captur.
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:31   #1967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
One of my tyre's side wall has deformed, the vehicle has done 270 kms only and I am sure that there was no incident where the tyre's sidewall could have came in contact with anything
Contact your dealership or their ASC and ask them to connect you to the tyre manufacturer since they can raise a claim for warranty on your behalf. Keep photographs proofs as much as possible. Don't go by any oral communication, take things in written or by email.

The tyre manufacturer will wash their hands off blaming the customer for driving through a pothole or hitting a Kerb or going over a stone etc. They won't accept their mistake. You'll need to make some noise and pressurise them for things to go ahead.

I presume these tyres are Goodyear's!! Right?

270 kms and tyre bulge is only saying one thing - ' Manufacturing Defect'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Wanted help in deciding between the Petrol Creta and the City. I need a modern plush car with 80% driving in Bangalore city and 20% for weekend trips to places around Bangalore.

The City Petrol V MT costs Rs 11.8 lakh in Bangalore and is loaded with features. The comparable variant is the Creta SX+, which costs Rs 14.6 lakh
For all the roads in Bangalore with those enormous speedbreakers plus all the water logging as seen few weeks back, best is to stick to an SUV / compact-SUV with a higher GC.

If you don't mind spending that 14.6L, get the Creta 1.6L Petrol SX+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
My vote is for the CRETA, but not sure if any facelift is coming round the corner.
As per my sales Team Leader, the facelift will be either in February or March 2018.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:55   #1968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hi Guys,

My sister who drives Creta 1.6 Automatic has this complaint of driver seat height being too low and she cannot get the proper view of the road. Any solution overcome this?

Apologies if the question has already been asked. Thanks!

Wouldn't the simplest solution would unbolt the seat from the body, add steel washers (Preferably bushes of 1 inch each) to all 4 bolts, replace bolts with 1 inch longer ones (to compensate for the extra height) and re tighten?

Has anyone tried this because to me that seems to be the simplest solution.
AbhiJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 02:02   #1969
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Has anyone tried this because to me that seems to be the simplest solution.
That's a nice suggestion Sir.

Easily doable and revert-able too. Only thing to be ensured is the bolts must be tightened correctly to the correct torque to prevent any movement or issues in future.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:56   #1970
BHPian

Guess what people, on close inspection I found out that out of 4, 3 tyre's sidewall have these deformities
kunal_kaushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:57   #1971
BANNED

Quote:
Guess what people, on close inspection I found out that out of 4, 3 tyre's sidewall have these deformities :(

This makes your case even stronger now. Don't worry, get the tyres replaced under warranty and replace them with Yokohama or Michelin or Continentals.

Better than the Goodyear's on the Creta!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:39   #1972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess what people, on close inspection I found out that out of 4, 3 tyre's sidewall have these deformities
Contact the dealer asap. But you will need to fight hard with the tyre manufacturer. Most of them try to pass the blame to the owner. I have had a bad experience before. Also, did you check the manufacturing date of your car and the tyre? Decode them.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:00   #1973
BHPian

Thank you,

a4anurag and naveen.raju for your valuable inputs on how to tackle the issue faced by me.

Have already raised a complaint with Orion Hyundai (Ggn) as well as Goodyear, awaiting their designated Engineer to visit and evaluate the cause of the deformities.

Also while I was at Hyundai Authorized Service station I spotted another Creta shod with Goodyear assurance tyres and I was unpleasantly surprised to notice the same kind of uneven side wall deformities on it also.

I would humbly request all Creta owners having the same brand of tyres (Goodyear assurance) to kindly check if the same is happening with their tyres too, just to be on the safe side.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 3rd October 2017 at 14:21.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:31   #1974
BHPian

Quote:

I would humbly request all Creta owners having the same brand of tyres (Goodyear assurance) to kindly check if the same is happening with their tyres too, just to be on the safe side.

Regards
Kunal
My creta with 16 inch Goodyear assurance has done 27000kms without any issues.

Grip is a bit less though. You come to know in heavy braking and cornering at speeds.

This issue could be quality for a particular lot of tyres.

Usually don't keep stock tyres specially Goodyear, jk etc
But this time round no tyre guy was willing to buy these creta tyres citing tyre size not common enough or running size.
hemen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 13:29   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
The City at Rs 11.8 lakh with the more responsive engine seems like a VFM option. Wondering if paying ~3 lakh extra for the ground clearance in the Creta makes sense, especially since most of the driving is in and around Bangalore where the roads are not very bad.
What would you guys suggest?
Any day City is better in terms of features & price. But before making a decision I would suggest to go for Creta test drive. Try to drive it for a longer distance & search for a location where roads are bad or probably no road (mud road).

One major benefit about Creta is that for travelling out of city, you need not worry about roads or big humps. Peace of mind.
Old 5th October 2017, 01:53   #1976
BHPian

Got this notification of 25% discount on 4th & 5th year extended warranty as part of a festive offer. Existing owners can go for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-c44c0bb9291642bb899010eec588edf7.jpeg  

Faramir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 17:04   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice and Shocked to know about this. Me too have a month old creta with Goodyear assurance tyres. Need to check mine in daylight.

Just to know, by any chance have you kept the vehicle stationary for a long duration (Above a week), or after a long ride that made the tyre hot?

Meanwhile any updates from Hyundai or GoodYear? Have you decoded the tyre information and identified the manufacturing date?
Old 6th October 2017, 13:21   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The City at Rs 11.8 lakh with the more responsive engine seems like a VFM option. Wondering if paying ~3 lakh extra for the ground clearance in the Creta makes sense, especially since most of the driving is in and around Bangalore where the roads are not very bad.

I dont own a creta or city but reading your post, you kind off have answered your question.

City is a no brainer in my view. Features, engine, ride, space, rear comfort it is going to own Creta in my view. Only place Creta has an advantage is SUV look and more road clearance, which certainly helps but nothing you cant tackle with a sedan with an extra bit of caution in urban conditions. I do own a XUV and a Figo and say this from experience. 3 lakh delta just doesnt make sense in my mind. However if money is not an issue well then its a different discussion
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 16:00   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted help in deciding between the Petrol Creta and the City. I need a modern plush car with 80% driving in Bangalore city and 20% for weekend trips to places around Bangalore.
My office is pretty close to work so the monthly running won't be more than 500 kms, hence tilting towards Petrol powered vehicles.
Me too was in the same boat like you. City/ Verna or Creta. Finally I selected Creta E+ Petrol. I know, I had to sacrifice some bells and whistles on the higher variants, but i was not much attracted to them. Anyway, factors behind my selection was below.

1. Being tall, comfort of seating position is a mandatory factor to me, which i found satisfying in Creta. I don't find any difficulty in entering and leaving the car. But at the same time, my parents find it very difficult to get in and out, especially in the rear seat.

2. Road conditions forced me to go for a vehicle with higher ground clearance. Creta like vehicle helped ride comfort and avoid scraping the under body in our road conditions. It’s not only roads, a test drive Verna scraped her under body due to a minor level difference between road and my office parking. I could regularly see Verna and city trying to avoid scraping the underbody on the bumps in my housing colony. I am not saying that all those sedans regularly scrape their underbody, but there are more chances for them to get scraped.

3. Service levels and cost of ownership of Hyundai seems to be better than Honda.
sujithsidhardha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 16:12   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Creta's biggest trump card is the higher seating position and the 190 mm ground clearance (vs 165 mm in the City). Couldn't find the laden ground clearance numbers anywhere. Its also apparently got a more silent cabin and a more comfortable ride at slow speeds.

Roads are not bad in Bangalore? Where do you live mate?

After driving in Bangalore for close to 5 years now, and suffering the pain of third grade roads and under body hits and scourging through water logged streets, I would strongly recommend the SUV option.
The peace of mind and satisfaction, an SUV (Pseudo/raised Hatch/BodyOnFrame) gives, in such scenarios, is un-believable.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 6th October 2017 at 16:15.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed