Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 16:45   #2011
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hyundai has updated the website with a new interior scheme “luxure brown” for the Sx+ variant. Anyone seen this/ has photos of how it looks?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-0c0d7e1a96374fef8c116687309867a5.jpeg  

Old 16th October 2017, 22:31   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Anyone seen this/ has photos of how it looks?
Just got it this from their website, only to the seats

Available ONLY in SX+ Dual Tone option.

Cheers
Sail
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-2.jpg  

Sail is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 22:45   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Hyundai has updated the website with a new interior scheme “luxure brown” for the Sx+ variant. Anyone seen this/ has photos of how it looks?
I saw this color at Metro Mall , Karkardooma & it looked refreshing for the creta . But sadly i didn't take any pics as it didn't seemed anything new .
Old 18th October 2017, 00:40   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you guys.

Sad to see the way Hyundai is keeping orders pending for so long only to capture Verna sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
I too have booked the SX+ Diesel Automatic on the 28th of August. However, just like abs182, even I am clueless about the delivery date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
They say the allotment is not coming from Hyundai because of Verna.
Hi everyone. Finally after almost an year of agonising and vacillating I've finally booked my Red Hyundai Creta SX+ AT Diesel model.

I have booked under my company lease plan through ALD 2 weeks back. They have given mid November as target date. I heard the same Verna being prioritised over everything else. Seems weird to keep your best seller on lower priority.

Since its a company lease, my entire maintenance is included in the lease rent. I'm opting for a 48 month rental with cost of 40k per month. At the end of the period I can buy at market price or just return the keys.
Old 18th October 2017, 08:21   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
I have picked up Polar White as my choice.
Hi @Anurag sir,
Any update on the Creta's delivery front? Eagerly waiting for an ownership report of yours on the Creta.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 21:19   #2016
BANNED

Welcoming home the Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O)

Got the delivery today evening after a wait of almost 53 days.

Decoded the VIN (digits were K & H) and found that it is a October, 2017 manufactured one (Oven fresh).

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171018_152145.jpg

Odo at delivery
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171018_154339.jpg

Blessings of the Almighty
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171018_165313.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 21:33   #2017
BHPian

Quote:

Decoded the VIN (digits were K & H) and found that it is a October, 2017 manufactured one (Oven fresh).

Attachment 1687161

Odo at delivery
Attachment 1687162

Blessings of the Almighty
Attachment 1687163
Finally! After a long agonising wait, you've finally got hold of this handsome-looking Hyundai, isn't it @Anurag sir? Just see my timing! I just asked you today in the morning about the update on the delivery up-front and in the evening, I get to see some pics of the car itself. BTW, you've got the vehicle's puja done at Tadbun, Secunderabad isn't it?

BTW what happened to the Swift? Is it still there or has already gone? Hope to meet you in person real soon since the Talwar Hyundai's service centre here in Secunderabad is quite close to my residence (I'm talking about the newly opened service centre of Talwar Hyundai's opened on the Military Diary farm road, beside AWHO Ved Vihar if you've got any idea about this particular location by any chance since this is somewhat close to Old alwal and as per some owners, the service offered by this particular branch of Talwar Hyundai is top-notch or else I've got a contact of a Service Advisor back at Lakshmi Hyundai who looked after my Figo for close to 5-years at Mody Ford after which he had switched to Lakshmi Hyundai).

Expecting a review on this Hyundai. May you have many miles on the odo and happy smiles on your face.

Varun

Last edited by Varun_HexaGuy : 18th October 2017 at 21:46.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 23:12   #2018
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
BTW, you've got the vehicle's puja done at Tadbun, Secunderabad isn't it?
Oh yes, I get all my steeds puja done there (Hanuman Temple, Tadbund).

Quote:
Is it still there or has already gone?
She is there for now. Will be taken off day after tomorrow.

Quote:
Hope to meet you in person real soon....
Very soon buddy.

I plan to service it at Fusion Hyundai, Kompally (near Decathlon Kompally). This is just 500 meters from my house.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 07:00   #2019
BHPian

Quote:

@a4anurag

Congratulations on the delivery of this beauty after 53 agonizing days. Each day feeling like a year.

Despite the waiting, what makes the entire process sweeter is that it is an "Oven fresh" Oct 2017 manufactured unit and was delivered on Naraka Chaturdasi (Choti Diwali) day which is a very auspicious day.

Wishing you miles and miles of trouble free & pleasurable ownership and hope to read your own ownership report soon.
What "extras" have you planned for this beauty. Looks very smashing in white too.
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 10:30   #2020
BHPian

I have just completed my first paid service at 29076 kms in 1 year 11 months. For the past week, there was a problem while starting (delayed cranking) which was diagnosed as a problem with the battery. This prompted me to get the service done 500 kms earlier than I would have liked. The battery has been replaced in warranty. Other than the issue with the battery, there has been no other problems. I am attaching a copy of the invoice for reference to the charges incurred for the service.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-invoice-copy-1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-invoice-copy-2.jpg  

thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 11:11   #2021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
The battery has been replaced in warranty.
You mean to say you got a new battery without paying a penny? I thought it wasnt included in the warranty. My car takes couple of more seconds during the morning cranks but these guys said battery is fine.
Old 20th October 2017, 11:25   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You mean to say you got a new battery without paying a penny? I thought it wasnt included in the warranty. My car takes couple of more seconds during the morning cranks but these guys said battery is fine.
I had first checked the battery in an outside shop and they said the battery was fine, but the cranking problem persisted. I reported this problem during service and they checked and got back saying that the problem was with the battery and it will be replaced in warranty. I will try and ask the service advisor what exactly was the problem with the battery.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 11:29   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Decoded the VIN (digits were K & H) and found that it is a October, 2017 manufactured one
Congratulations a4anurag! Creta is really a handsome looking car. Close up shot reveals how good it looks with that hexagonal grille Guess it’s the manual trim?

Enjoy your drive and will be waiting for your ownership report.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 13:00   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
I am attaching a copy of the invoice for reference to the charges incurred for the service.
Is break overhauling required every time during service? Even the maintenance schedule says to "Inspect every 10K kms - Front and rear disc/drum brakes & pads". Brake overhauling along with the caliper pin greasing was one of the major money eating labour on every service that was done on my santro for the last 15 years as a ritual by the service centres, even when the vehicle had an yearly running of less than 5K Kms. There was nothing special in breaking performance other than the one we get after a washing in all cases. In your case also 2525/- alone in the above bill for this.

My query here - Is breake over hauling really required for every service, even if the car has not covered enough distance nor reported any abnormalities in braking performance or is it a money making trick by the service centres? link

Under body check/ tightening for 600INR
Old 21st October 2017, 00:01   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
Is break overhauling required every time during service? Even the maintenance schedule says to "Inspect every 10K kms - Front and rear disc/drum brakes & pads". Brake overhauling along with the caliper pin greasing was one of the major money eating labour on every service that was done on my santro for the last 15 years as a ritual by the service centres, even when the vehicle had an yearly running of less than 5K Kms. There was nothing special in breaking performance other than the one we get after a washing in all cases. In your case also 2525/- alone in the above bill for this.

My query here - Is breake over hauling really required for every service, even if the car has not covered enough distance nor reported any abnormalities in braking performance or is it a money making trick by the service centres? link

Under body check/ tightening for 600INR
Note that 600 was quoted for the Under body check/tightening but not billed.

The brake jobs, the caliper greasing job and air filter cleaning/replacement job is a complete rip off. This is cheating. All of these jobs are done as part of a regular PMS job. If PMS didn't cover these jobs, then what is the1900 odd bucks for? For just an oil change? I recently got my 3rd free service done and while I waited through the service, I saw the technician do all of these on my car, all under standard PMS (of course no labour charges because it was a free service).

If I were the owner of the car, I would go back to the service center and get my money back. If the service center acted funny, I would log a complaint with Hyundai.

The AC Disinfection and Engine Dressing jobs are also old tricks. Sometimes they just spray perfume in the AC ducts and spray diesel in the engine compartment (for that black shine on the plastic and rubber parts).
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed