Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2017, 11:06   #2026
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Sandeep K S - an IT professional from Bangalore - loved his Creta so much that he made an ad around it!

GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 11:26   #2027
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sandeep K S - an IT professional from Bangalore - loved his Creta so much that he made an ad around it!
]
If I were Hyundai India top brass, that guy would be gifted a Special Edition Creta! Nicely done and Hyundai won't have issues with free publicity. With bit more work these guys can make good video reviews I guess. Sometimes I do wish Team-bhp had a concise video review in addition to our exhaustive review. No harm in wishing!!!
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 13:20   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
Note that 600 was quoted for the Under body check/tightening but not billed.
Yes, not billed. Seems they intentionally added it to make a feeling that they did something major and discounted it. Why these gimmics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
If the service center acted funny, I would log a complaint with Hyundai.
The description and charges are available on hyundai website and across dealerships. Link. Based on this reference i went for PMS alone for my 2002 santro. After hearing my requirement, service advisor got bit arrogant and scared me that the brake need to be overhauled or else i will land in trouble. He also insisted that PMS cannot be done alone in any case. There will always be additions as required. With hesitation, i allowed them to do the minimum required work and received a bill that costed around 4,800/- with no replacements. After this incident, i raised a query with hyundai regarding the detailed items covered in PMS through email. Specifically i questioned them about brake overhauling.

Got a call from hyundai in this regard and they were reluctant to comment on this direct question. Instead they insisted and redirected me to get in touch with another service center nearby. Service centre manager contacted me and for my query, she said that they are selling PMS as a package along with brake overhauling (which costs nearly triple the price of PMS alone). I asked her whether PMS is availabe as stand alone. Seemed they were not much interested in providing PMS alone. But being the query was routed through Hyundai, she said i can avail PMS alone, and commented that it would be better and safe to opt brake related works along with PMS.
sujithsidhardha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 16:00   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Welcoming home the Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O)

Got the delivery today evening after a wait of almost 53 days.

Congratulations. Hope driving the Creta will make you forget the long waiting period. Did you opt for Extended warranty?

My Creta is now almost two months old. Coming from Petrol cars, driving a Crdi is a different feeling altogether.

Will be going for first free service next week.
Ram_NP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 05:33   #2030
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
......Service centre manager contacted me and for my query, she said that they are selling PMS as a package along with brake overhauling (which costs nearly triple the price of PMS alone)......
That seems an excellent reason to run far from the ASS/ASC network once the warranty period is over. And don't loose heart - most of the major mfrs. have ASS/ASC networks that are waiting to skin the unwary customer after the mandatory warranty period expires.

This is OT, but indicative of the pandemic nature of the issue : Our 12 year old Scorpio developed respiratory problems (the T/charger rotor assembly needed replacement) and this being a major job (my post #4300 in Scorpio issues & solutions is a brief visual capsule of the problem) I decided to try the shiny new (all chrome & glass!) M&M ASC recently opened in our neighborhood.

When I explained my requirement, the tech. examined the engine bay & the T/C thoroughly (but only externally) and their diagnosis was that the T/C needed replacement urgently. I explained that as a senior marine engineer, T/Chargers were my bread & butter, and that I only needed the rotor assembly to be replaced. They instantly lost interest & closed the conversation by saying that the rotor is not available separately.

The result was that I went to the authorized Holset service centre & got a new rotor fitted - the entire job cost me a fraction of the cost of a new T/C.

Last edited by shashanka : 24th October 2017 at 05:35.
shashanka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 12:04   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
My Charmer !!!
Yet to get HU and seat covers fitted..
Hi Veels n Rhodes

Not sure if you have answered this already but i tried searching and could not find. Can you please tell me , how did you get the roof rails installed? Are these the ones fixed using double sided tape? Do you think they are worth it and may not get loose or get removed after a year or two?

Thanks in Advance
Rasing
Old 24th October 2017, 16:17   #2032
BHPian

Any tip to remove the 5" head unit on a Petrol E+?. Need to connect reverse camera to it. I tried prying with pry tools and couldn't get it removed. Need to know the exact locations to pry and to do it without messing the nearbly areas while prying. Any advice would be highly appreciable.
Old 25th October 2017, 10:48   #2033
BHPian

Got my 2nd free service done , car was a bit <8000Kms in a year. Nothing major done, in fact I think nothing was done, in service.

I got the alignment . balancing done at an external Bridgestone Select dealer ( Tyre Dynamics) in Noida.

Worst experience ever. Car started pulling to the right .
Had to return back the next day and after 4 tries on the alignment machine and innumerable test drives, spending a good part of the Sunday there - the issue was corrected to an extent. In all this , one of the external TPMS sensor that I got from Aliexpress; wouldn't fit correct & now I get pressure readings from 3 tyres.

Great.

Went for a long drive after this (800Kms) did not see any issue, so all iss well now, I guess..

Highlight of the trip, was the return back via NH8.
Had to take a detour bcoz of a traffic jam- police redirected us on a Village Road. Barely 100 m in , we encounter heavy sand. Etios in front of me on temp numbers,gets stuck. I am counting my Gods. Finally, taken off and then I roll in Manual mode, and we cross it successfully. I thank my Gods.
Old 25th October 2017, 11:36   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You mean to say you got a new battery without paying a penny? I thought it wasnt included in the warranty. My car takes couple of more seconds during the morning cranks but these guys said battery is fine.
Sorry for the delayed response since I was travelling. It seems the battery had become weak which caused the starting problem. The Exide battery comes with 2 years replacement warranty and I am lucky to have beaten the two years by just about 2 weeks
thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 11:52   #2035
BHPian

After paying booking amount on 25th Aug 2017 and waiting patiently for the Creta AT Petrol S+ today after exactly 2 month am finally taking the delivery of the car in the evening today. Unfortunately, won't be there to take the delivery but it being a good day have decided to take the delivery. Never in my car buying history have I waited this much for a car!
abs182 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 13:34   #2036
BHPian

Hyundai seems to have silently updated the Creta dual tone variant. The red and black dual tone variant seems to be discontinued while there are some interior changes in the white and black dual tone variant.

Luxure Brown Interiors have been introduced. Creta dual tone comes with premium beige seat fabric with brown inserts and contrast stitching
  • Premium Beige Seat Fabric with Brown Inserts & Contrast Stitching
  • Leather TGS Knob with Brown Accent
  • TGS Gaitor Boot with Contrast Stitching
  • Leather Wrapped Steering with Contrast Stitching

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cretadualtone.jpg
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 17:01   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
[*]Premium Beige Seat Fabric with Brown Inserts & Contrast Stitching
I hope they have bolstered lumbar support too because at the moment it is horrible .

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2017 at 21:03. Reason: Period added.
Old 5th November 2017, 15:16   #2038
BHPian

I visited Sector 16 auto market in Noida last week and got some accessories that I needed for a long time now

Bumper lights that replace the reflectors. This is how it looks. Hooks up to brake lights and work in 2 stage action. Cost is 2500 with fitting.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12331702.jpg

The lower part activates with lights.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12313501.jpeg

The upper part activates with brakes
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12324901.jpeg

Also got this lumber support from Autoform. Velvet finish and memory form. I really like it, plus it comes in black Cost is 1500.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12303201.jpeg

And these magnetic sunshades. Local made and fitting is a bit messy but they do the job. In addition to blocking sun, they also keep the flies out when driving with windows open The front 2 have a zip to pay tolls, etc. Cost - 500/-

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12300001.jpeg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12293101.jpg

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 5th November 2017 at 15:19.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 17:23   #2039
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer that Hyundai has launched a new version with a new grille and different seat colors.

Has anyone heard about this development?
Old 6th November 2017, 12:50   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Just got a call from my dealer that Hyundai has launched a new version with a new grille and different seat colors.

Has anyone heard about this development?
Just spoke to Hyundai dealership (Gurgaon), they denied any information regarding launch of any such version yet, but none the less they informed that face lifted Creta would be launched around January 2018.

On inquiring about what all changes would be there in the face lifted version, the guy was like, "off the records there would be a New bumper/Grill, Slightly different interiors, Electronic chromatic irvm, vanity lights for sunshades, sun roof and few other subtle changes"

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks