Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2018, 06:56   #2116
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
BTW, can you share the pictures of your fabric seats? If it's black, I wouldn't worry much.
Sorry for the late reply. The fabric seats are a dual tone of black and beige, with more of beige than black. Besides, the texture is a tad too rough than one would expect.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180102_165342.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180102_165411.jpg  

Old 7th January 2018, 01:26   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
May I know where did you get the light UV protective film installed? Which brand and how much did it cost?
I got the film done at Navi Mumbai.
There are many options as far as brands go including VKool and 3M, but I went for Garware as it was quite economical and I was a bit anxious that I might be asked to remove the film if it was too dark.

I got 70% transmittance film installed at around Rs2500-3000. I forget the exact cost. Didn't get the front windshield done, they were offering some special "Fronty" film for that.

Am very happy with the film till now. Been around 3 months, no problems at all.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 01:29   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
Besides, the texture is a tad too rough than one would expect.
They're not really premium seats imo. Cushioning and bolstering are both below average.
Elantra/Duster ones are much better.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 11:30   #2119

Hi All,

The new update for 2018 Maps is now going live. You can check the link below.
https://india.map-care.com/map/Produ...arModelIndex=3
This is just an update for the maps & sadly doesn't have "Android Auto" nor "Apple Car Play". See screenshot for the site attached.
Map Version - IN.10.47.50.530

You don't have to buy the maps, even though it mentions so. We have the last free update for next year, based on the 3 free update promise from Hyundai.

You can do it on your own or wait for Hyundai service to do it for you in case you don't want to risk botching up the update.
I did it just by following instructions. Instructions are a mess though & had to refer to what i did last year to get things right.

Hyundai, when are you getting is Android Auto? We are waiting. (Sadly we may never get it)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundai-map-update_creta.jpg  

Old 8th January 2018, 12:56   #2120

As an after thought, would like to share my Creta's SX(O) CRDi update.
Odo reading: 68400kms (another 1200 for service)

Fuel efficiency - 17.4kmpl average since the start, with a daily running of 100kms. (Shell & HP CoCo being my stations).
Fillup/Topup at 50% to reduce cheating instances by bunks. (experienced them always from 2014).
Major non regular expenses
All 4 suspension springs (only springs) at 60000kms - Rs.5500 (approx), ride had gotten hard.
All tyres (4 nos) at 61000kms - Rs.46k, upsized to Yokohama Advan sport 225(could have run around 5-10k kms extra, but didn't want to risk it)
Front brake pads at every 30000kms - Rs.2300 (approx including taxes & labor). Rear pads needs a check at next service.
Total Service cost (including all extra) at HASS (Advaith BSK) - Rs.51485.
Always ensured I had the fuel filters changed at 10000kms, even though Hyundai says 20000kms. This reduces judder (engine shake) during the start/stop a bit & engine runs smoother too.
Would have been Rs.40000, if not for me getting the fuel filter replaced every service.
For the same running, service cost on my i20 CRDi (2012) was Rs.54875.
poonacha_ma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:30   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonacha_ma View Post
Hi All,

I begin downloading it but then canceled it. I've always used Google maps and don't plan to change that. Creta's navigation menu is iffy and it needs to have more landmark points in its database.

Of course, it helps that mine has Android Auto but even that's patchy as hell
Old 8th January 2018, 16:42   #2122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I begin downloading it but then canceled it. I've always used Google maps and don't plan to change that. Creta's navigation menu is iffy and it needs to have more landmark points in its database.

Of course, it helps that mine has Android Auto but even that's patchy as hell
I use the co-ordinates from google & feed it into the system on the Creta, check the route options and then use it.
poonacha_ma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 11:45   #2123
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
All tyres (4 nos) at 61000kms - Rs.46k, upsized to Yokohama Advan sport 225(could have run around 5-10k kms extra, but didn't want to risk it)
You changed the original tyres at 61K? Isnt that stretching a bit too much?
Old 9th January 2018, 14:18   #2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
You changed the original tyres at 61K? Isnt that stretching a bit too much?
The originals had still some millage left on them. At least another 1-2 mm till the replacement markers on the Tyre.
My maintenance schedule is as below. Pressure - 33psi.
I use my own Goodyear pump & gauge bought on Amazon. Attached link below. (its a good one)
Tyre Alignment - every 5000km. (or as necessary)
Tyre Rotation & Balancing - every 10000km.

Safety was prime reason for replacing them sooner.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00W9JFA2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
poonacha_ma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 20:27   #2125

I just started the petition "Hyundai Motors India Ltd. : Serious Brake issue in Hyundai Creta"

You can read more and if facing similar braking issues, please sign the petition here:

http://chn.ge/2DbQao0
San_Khanna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:27   #2126

Hello everyone, I heard from many of the creta owners that its braking is not inspiring confidence when applied in uneven/ gravel surface. Recently, there was a member from the creta facebook group who posted a scary incident about braking issue. We wanted to take this to attention of Hyundai and as such, I have created a petition to be sent to HMIL and its CEO. .Can everyone please review and if facing braking issues, spread the word and sign this petition, so that we can take this with Hyundai.
Sign here:
http://chn.ge/2DbQao0
San_Khanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:41   #2127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
Hello everyone, I heard from many of the creta owners that its braking is not inspiring confidence when applied in uneven/ gravel surface.
Are you sure it's not because of ABS? I have observed that car takes longer time to stop when ABS kicks in. This is even mentioned on owner's manual by many manufacturers. Few years back I had to do emergency braking in my SX4, there was gravel on road and the car just refused to stop. I had to take my foot off the pedal and press again.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 19:11   #2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Are you sure it's not because of ABS? I have observed that car takes longer time to stop when ABS kicks in. This is even mentioned on owner's manual by many manufacturers. Few years back I had to do emergency braking in my SX4, there was gravel on road and the car just refused to stop. I had to take my foot off the pedal and press again.
Yes, its not standard ABS behaviour what multiple users are facing. I have faced it personally on Creta. Its serious and life threatening... I have driven other ABS enabled cars, but not experienced any such issues. So its very much certain there is a defect. In less than 24 hrs, I have 132 owners signing the petition and complaining similar issues. So something is surely not right.
San_Khanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 13:07   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

https://india.map-care.com/map/Produ...arModelIndex=3
This is just an update for the maps & sadly doesn't have "Android Auto" nor "Apple Car Play". See screenshot for the site attached.
Map Version - IN.10.47.50.530
I downloaded the update files, transferred it onto a USB stick and tried to upgrade following the instructions, but nothing happened. The AVN software didn't upgrade after inserting the USB stick.

Would be really helpful if you could post a brief step by step procedure of how you did it.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 11th January 2018, 13:25   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
I downloaded the update files, transferred it onto a USB stick and tried to upgrade following the instructions, but nothing happened. The AVN software didn't upgrade after inserting the USB stick.

Would be really helpful if you could post a brief step by step procedure of how you did it.

Thanks in advance!!
Check this thread

Step-by-step instructions: Updating the Hyundai Creta's Head-Unit software

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-software.html

Most Viewed