Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2018, 09:40   #2161
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Has anybody ever faced the situation of gear getting locked in Creta CRDI while driving?

I had the below situation last evening and want to know why this happened.

I had a 500 KMs trip on the long weekend. While I was coming back to Bangalore yesterday, I was trying to overtake a bunch of cars following a truck by accelerating heavily in the 4th gear. Approximate speed was 70 kms to 100 kms. All of a sudden the gear got locked out. I could not shift to 5th gear.

Gear was in neutral and I pressed the clutch so that the car could run without giving trouble to the traffic. I pulled the car to the side of the road and checked the instrument panel and there is nothing abnormal. Switched off and switched on and I could not engage the first gear. But I was able to move the gears freely when the car is switched off.
I did not want to be stranded there. So I engaged the 2nd gear when the car is off and then switched on and continued driving where I could shift all the gears. Did not face the issue after that and the car acts normal now.

Last edited by GTO : 30th January 2018 at 08:30. Reason: Typos
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 29th January 2018, 13:01   #2162
BHPian

Hi,

I too downloaded the 4+1 file & updated the system as per procedure, it updated & showed success, but Map/Navigation not opening at all, again i downloaded the files & made 2 force updates, still maps not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
I followed this the last time (April 2017) and it worked perfectly. But this time I see multiple download files and guess they've changed the format of the files or the procedure to update. Cause this method didn't work for the latest update.

Last edited by subbarao : 29th January 2018 at 13:19.
Old 30th January 2018, 15:47   #2163
BHPian

Went to Jaipur from Delhi yesterday for a family function and returned today. 600kms over 24 hours at an average speed of 53kmph. The car performed as expected. Usual cruising speed on the highway was 100kmph-ish. Usually, we do this route in my FIL's Verna but everybody agreed that Creta was relatively comfortable, mainly due to the ride height

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Has anybody ever faced the situation of gear getting locked in Creta CRDI while driving?
That sounds strange and extremely scary
Get a scan done at HASS to see if the ECU could record some error codes.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 19:00   #2164
BHPian

Hi Guys,
This happened while reversing the car. The HAAS says the entire door needs to be repainted. As per the SA, the patch will be visible if we paint only the affected area. I am not sure if its worth repainting the entire door. As you can see, only a small area is affected. (Please ignore the background reflection in the image) . The estimate is 8.5k plus tax. Do you guys think I should get it done at HAAS or go to other places such as Trend automobiles. Does Trend automobiles match OEM fit and finish?
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20180203_171411.jpg
Old 3rd February 2018, 19:08   #2165
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Switched off and switched on and I could not engage the first gear. But I was able to move the gears freely when the car is switched off.
I did not want to be stranded there. So I engaged the 2nd gear when the car is off and then switched on and continued driving where I could shift all the gears. Did not face the issue after that and the car acts normal now.

Sounds like the gear selector cable is broken or has slipped. You can take it to a FNG and ask them to check that. If not a new cable, that can be joined/fixed with a wire.

Last edited by GranvilleDsouza : 3rd February 2018 at 19:09.
Old 3rd February 2018, 19:31   #2166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Do you guys think I should get it done at HAAS or go to other places such as Trend automobiles. Does Trend automobiles match OEM fit and finish?
I would suggest you to check with FNG's since most of these guys are pretty good. Moreover, HASS wont be able to replicate the factory finish. I had repainted my i10's door couple of months back. Although the finish looks pretty good, when you touch them you immediately notice the difference. Many of my friends here have all gone to FNG's for a repaint and they were pretty happy about it. So that's what I would suggest.

Also, do check if there's any dent because I see a minor one. A repaint wont hide them. Check on that as well.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 3rd February 2018 at 19:33.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 19:59   #2167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi Guys,
This happened while reversing the car. The HAAS says the entire door needs to be repainted. As per the SA, the patch will be visible if we paint only the affected area. I am not sure if its worth repainting the entire door. As you can see, only a small area is affected. ?
What they are saying is correct. I've seen that across all my cars. That's primarily why cabs are plain white.
Are you claiming insurance? I'm guessing you're not else FNG won't be in question. Price difference maybe 20% or so.
aptiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 11:05   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Guys, just a quick question to Creta owners, who own the base E or E plus variants. One of the biggest misses is the Defogger and wiper in almost all of the entry level variants. Am considering either the diesel E plus variant or the S+ which is a little out of my budget.
So when you do not have a defogger, does the rear blower help if you keep the AC in heater mode?
I live in Bangalore so there is a good 3-4 months where the climate is a little cold and you may need the defogger at times. So how do you manage without a defogger?
Old 7th February 2018, 12:42   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I live in Bangalore so there is a good 3-4 months where the climate is a little cold and you may need the defogger at times. So how do you manage without a defogger?
In Bangalore fog occurs on the glass panel during rains only & not during cold (as its not as cold as north). I resolve this problem by switching on AC. Warm blower does not really help. I have E+ petrol & AC is very strong. Just 2-3 minutes of AC & glasses are clear. Only issue which remains is the fogging of RVSM & no way to clear that.
Old 7th February 2018, 13:02   #2170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am considering either the diesel E plus variant or the S+ which is a little out of my budget.
If you're running is this side of 8K/year, I'd recommend considering the E+ petrol over the diesel. You get a bunch of goodies roof rails (lots of presence), touchscreen head unit, steering controls and maybe a couple of other small things I may be missing in the E+ petrol and a proper 1.6 petrol engine over the 1.4 diesel.
Old 7th February 2018, 18:40   #2171
BHPian

Need some inputs from Creta Owners.
When I purchased my Creta, some Hyundai person contacted me for a detailed survey. He visited me in my office & had a big questionnaire which took about 30-45 minutes. Now after 1 year same person called me & now he again wants a detailed opinion/survey. He told that 3-4 koreans will accompany me & will require 2 hours of my time.
Did any other Hyundai owner had the same type of request from Hyundai? Is it some genuine thing or can be a scam?
Old 10th February 2018, 21:30   #2172
BHPian

Thanks Naveen. Yes. There is a dent too.
Update: I wasn't comfortable with the FNG's. But spoke to Trend auto ( There is a thread on them here). I was very disappointed with their attitude. He was not willing to listen to me or look at the photos. He kept giving gyan about quality and insisted on bringing the car to their garage. (Its more than 20 km for me). Btw I had contacted them a few years ago for my other car. That time they asked me to send the photos over whatsup and then shared their opinion. Looks like, over the years they have changed.
Finally took it to a HASS. They did a terrific job. These guys are true professionals. Fit and finish is impeccable. You cant make out its repainted. 100% match to OEM fit and finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would suggest you to check with FNG's since most of these guys are pretty good. Moreover, HASS wont be able to replicate the factory finish. I had repainted my i10's door couple of months back. Although the finish looks pretty good, when you touch them you immediately notice the difference. Many of my friends here have all gone to FNG's for a repaint and they were pretty happy about it. So that's what I would suggest.

Also, do check if there's any dent because I see a minor one. A repaint wont hide them. Check on that as well.
Old 11th February 2018, 17:29   #2173
Senior - BHPian

I am in a dilemma over buying a Creta 1.4 D s+ or a SX 1.6 Verna Diesel. Sold my 6 year old Rapid TDI last week, so the Verna is not an upgrade but a swap between segments. I loved the torque and the power delivery plus all the goodies in the Verna SX Diesel, but my family feels that I switch to the Creta since it will at least offer a change of body type.

The Creta 1.4 D S + is at least 1 lakh more than the above Verna SX, so it is a stretch for sure.but what I am apprehensive is the power delivery in the 1.4 D and also highway manners and high speed stability plus sharp braking. Would you guys say that the Creta 1.4 D has to be driven sedately?

Is sharp braking or high speed stability a challenge in the Creta? Is there too much body roll?
Old 11th February 2018, 19:11   #2174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Creta 1.4 D S + is at least 1 lakh more than the above Verna SX, so it is a stretch for sure.but what I am apprehensive is the power delivery in the 1.4 D and also highway manners and high speed stability plus sharp braking. Would you guys say that the Creta 1.4 D has to be driven sedately?

Is sharp braking or high speed stability a challenge in the Creta? Is there too much body roll?
Except that it has a smaller engine, it is still a good vehicle. Body roll is felt but not scary like Mahindra vehicles.
Old 12th February 2018, 07:44   #2175
Senior - BHPian

@deehunk, thanks!

Hi Creta owners,

Should I be worried about the braking and ABS issues listed earlier in this thread? I am on the verge of finalising a 2017 manufactured Creta 1.4 D S+.

Worried about 2 things. One the Brake failure issues reported here and second the prospect of an updated Creta being launched in the near 2-3 months. I can probably make it wait till June 2018 for an updated Creta, but there is no news whether an updated Creta is being launched?

My biggest fear is if Hyundai discontinued the 1.4 D completely and refreshes he existing models with some feature updates!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks