Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2018, 17:41   #2236
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
Does anyone of you know or have an idea about a hike in insurance premiums of policies this year?
I think this is too high. I paid around 25k for the 2015 model SX(O) sometime in August and this is after the hike. Do check some offline insurance companies.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 15:59   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Without spending much time my brother and I had shortlisted these Momo Massimos for the Creta:
Attachment 1680785

A couple of days prior to the delivery we liked the Evojet Scream design for its mature styling over the in your face hot Massimo.
Attachment 1680784

Eventually we went ahead for the Evojet as they seemed relatively more timeless and mature for the Creta which is going to mostly be used by our parents. The Evojet Scream also was pretty close in color to the roof rails and appealed to my symetrical fetish.
Attachment 1680786

Another look at the wheel design:
Attachment 1680787
Great looking Alloys, my friend is also getting the Creta E+ Petrol and will be fixing aftermarket alloys. Can you tell me the price of those Momos wheels and also the appoximate range of alloys ? TIA
Old 19th March 2018, 00:37   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I think this is too high. I paid around 25k for the 2015 model SX(O) sometime in August and this is after the hike. Do check some offline insurance companies.
I inquired almost every insurance agency and I also enquired Tata Aig who claim to have stopped renewing creta policies as well as stopped providing insurance to new Creta's in Delhi-NCR region.The best quote I got is from HDFC Ergo for around 35700 for a policy with 80% of the ex-showroom IDV as the car has depriciated 15% in the first year itself, heartbreaking when reality hits ! It is a zero dep policy with consumables , driver cover and passenger cover.Do you think this is a good bargain ?
Old 19th March 2018, 08:12   #2239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I inquired almost every insurance agency and I also enquired Tata Aig who claim to have stopped renewing creta policies as well as stopped providing insurance to new Creta's in Delhi-NCR region.The best quote I got is from HDFC Ergo for around 35700 for a policy with 80% of the ex-showroom IDV as the car has depriciated 15% in the first year itself, heartbreaking when reality hits ! It is a zero dep policy with consumables , driver cover and passenger cover.Do you think this is a good bargain ?
When you have inquired with almost all, there's nothing more to do I guess. Do check with online providers. But I feel it's a lot.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 08:26   #2240
BANNED

Quote:
Do you think this is a good bargain ?
Just saw Cover Fox website for rough estimates for instance and it was ranging between 25K to 40K.

Do check on Coverfox, Policy bazaar, if you haven't checked.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 09:51   #2241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I inquired almost every insurance agency and I also enquired Tata Aig who claim to have stopped renewing creta policies as well as stopped providing insurance to new Creta's in Delhi-NCR region.The best quote
Why so? Is it linked to a specific Creta issue or to the overall diesel ban in NCR?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 10:30   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
The best quote I got is from HDFC Ergo for around 35700 for a policy with 80% of the ex-showroom IDV as the car has depriciated 15% in the first year itself.
I have a 2017 make Creta SX+ AT due for 2nd-year renewal. Policy Bazaar is offering me 31k for zero-dep and engine cover with IDV as 9,11,274. The provider is Kotak. HDFC Ergo is offering the same for 32k. You can select the IDV you want ofcourse. Adding driver cover doesn't move the needle too much.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-capture.png

EDIT: This is with 0% NCB, you'll get some NCB benefit as well.

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 19th March 2018 at 10:31.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 10:53   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
When you have inquired with almost all, there's nothing more to do I guess. Do check with online providers. But I feel it's a lot.
I did check with coverfox and policybazaar and they are also in the same range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I have a 2017 make Creta SX+ AT due for 2nd-year renewal. Policy Bazaar is offering me 31k for zero-dep and engine cover with IDV as 9,11,274. The provider is Kotak. HDFC Ergo is offering the same for 32k. You can select the IDV you want ofcourse. Adding driver cover doesn't move the needle too much.

Attachment 1743239

EDIT: This is with 0% NCB, you'll get some NCB benefit as well.
If it's up for its second year renewal then I suggest you to take the idv as 80% of the ex showroom price when you bought the car as according to motor act a new car depriciates 5% value in the first 6 months of purchase and 15% in the first year so 95%-15% would be 80% of the ex showroom price and I suppose it would be around 11.70 lakhs and I think 9.11 lakhs is too low.Do check it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Why so? Is it linked to a specific Creta issue or to the overall diesel ban in NCR?
They claim that they have had a lot of claims with accidents and theft with Creta's and it is nowhere related to the diesel ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Just saw Cover Fox website for rough estimates for instance and it was ranging between 25K to 40K.

Do check on Coverfox, Policy bazaar, if you haven't checked.
Already checked with them today and it's approximately the same with all the online providers as well.
Old 19th March 2018, 11:07   #2244
BHPian

Here is the link to the article having the information regarding IDV and it's calculation and I hope this information helps everyone.

Link to the article-
https://www.coverfox.com/car-insuran...surance/?amp=1
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 14:42   #2245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Can you tell me the price of those Momos wheels and also the appoximate range of alloys ? TIA
40K for a set of 4 in 17" size, and the price difference for swapping the 16" tyres for 17" would be another 7-10K varying with what your friend picks up.
Btw, great VFM choice of variant!
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 15:03   #2246
BHPian

Thanks a bunch. Would you recommend changing to 17" Wheels or would 16" do the job.
Old 21st March 2018, 11:50   #2247
BHPian

Guys, I know that this topic has been bandied around for a while but the ever-present danger of operating with inferior quality brakes remains a serious concern. Add to that the issue of clutch replacement at roughly 20-25k kms in many cases. Having paid an average of around 1.5 million INR for this vehicle it is extremely unfair on the buyers. The service advisors flatly refuse to accept that there is anything wrong with either. They conveniently blame heavy traffic as a reason for clutch wear and tear.

Isn't there any way that we collectively can put some sort of pressure to make Hyundai own up to and rectify these issues under a recall?
Old 21st March 2018, 18:30   #2248

Hello BHPians,
It's been 2.5 years after I drive my Creta 1.4S Red Beast. So far the vehicle is absolutely fantastic all time and give better driving comfort than the other 2 cars (Santro and Fiesta) I had.
I get mileage somewhere in between 17.5 and 19 KMPL on an average every time I fill fuel. I am just curious to understand from our BHPians related to Low Fuel Indicator (LFI).
Since its been near to 3 years after the vehicle is launched, did anyone experimented or heard on the exact kilo meter the vehicle can run after the LFI start lighting? Since there is no Distance to Empty (DTE) available in this model, I used to fill gas immediately after it start lighting.
I took risk of running the vehicle to test the same and observed that after 57KM, the last single horizontal bar in Fuel Indicator started blinking. I am not sure how much more i can drive with this horizontal bar blinking.
If anyone know, can reply back to this tread.
Thank you in advance.
RajaGs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:58   #2249
BHPian

Shrey25, did you manage get the insurance done?

I was checking with New India Assurance and their best offer is 29,500 with an IDV of 12,24,477 (using some discount offer given to CAs). Looks like a good offer with zero dep but they don't have options for other add-ons like engine cover. Still considering if I should get this or pay a little more and get it through Hyundai service center so that its hassle free if there's a claim.
Old 22nd March 2018, 23:14   #2250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaGs View Post
Since its been near to 3 years after the vehicle is launched, did anyone experimented or heard on the exact kilo meter the vehicle can run after the LFI start lighting?

I took risk of running the vehicle to test the same and observed that after 57KM, the last single horizontal bar in Fuel Indicator started blinking.
Honestly I have seen the low fuel indicator only during day of delivery and never after that. The moment it reaches the last bar on the fuel gauge, I refill. I'll urge you not to do these tests as it'll ruin your cars fuel system (No offence sir!).

Once the low fuel indicator comes up, the pump will struggle to get fuel as it will be low level plus the agitation of fuel inside the tank, debris will be sucked by the fuel pump pushing it into the system and blocking your injectors too.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks