Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2018, 22:05   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Guys, just a quick question. This is my first car with an automatic climate control. Does the ACC in the Creta automatically choose the airflow, like only inside circulation or circulation from outside?

The reason I ask this is because for the first few days it felt like the ACC was choosing this on its own, but post the 1k service, it does not seem to be doing that.
Old 17th April 2018, 22:44   #2282
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Guys, just a quick question. This is my first car with an automatic climate control. Does the ACC in the Creta automatically choose the airflow, like only inside circulation or circulation from outside?

The reason I ask this is because for the first few days it felt like the ACC was choosing this on its own, but post the 1k service, it does not seem to be doing that.

from the review:
• The automatic climate control will always start in fresh air mode. It won't remember your recirculation setting. On the other hand, push the air-con knob (manual mode) and it remembers your recirculation setting
Old 18th April 2018, 10:29   #2283
BHPian

Quote:

I've faced this issue too. Mostly it remembers my recirculation settings but sometimes it goes crazy and if I select recirculation, it switches from ACC to manual and there's no way to get both ACC and recirculation. And then it rectifies itself on its own.

When its working fine, it remembers my setting and ACC works in both recirculation and fresh intake.
Old 18th April 2018, 20:12   #2284
BANNED

Quote:
Have created a small 30 seconds video of how it is in my Creta. I hope I have addressed the query. Do let me know (Sorry for the amateur level of video shooting and captions addition).

Generally it does remember the last used setting for fresh air or re-circulation mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The automatic climate control will always start in fresh air mode. It won't remember your recirculation setting. On the other hand, push the air-con knob (manual mode) and it remembers your recirculation setting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I've faced this issue too.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th April 2018 at 20:13.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 14:20   #2285
Distinguished - BHPian

Bit of a confusion.

It's time for me to change the battery and while checking few online stores, I saw it's a 68Ah battery for the Creta diesel. When I checked the current battery, it says 60Ah. Was planning to buy online but this difference in capacity is a bit confusing. Should I go for the 68Ah one or the current model?

Anybody here got their battery replaced?
Old 21st April 2018, 15:28   #2286
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Should I go for the 68Ah one or the current model?
You can get the 68Ah over the stock 60Ah. The 8Ah difference wouldn't make much difference since the usage of the car is regular.

Just that the 8Ah will be the extra load on the Alternator but wouldn't matter since the difference isn't really that high to be alarming.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2018, 15:37   #2287
BHPian

Get the battery from local amaron dealer , you will get a better deal plus the OE spec battery as well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Bit of a confusion.

It's time for me to change the battery and while checking few online stores, I saw it's a 68Ah battery for the Creta diesel. When I checked the current battery, it says 60Ah. Was planning to buy online but this difference in capacity is a bit confusing. Should I go for the 68Ah one or the current model?

Anybody here got their battery replaced?
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:35   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
from the review:

• The automatic climate control will always start in fresh air mode. It won't remember your recirculation setting. On the other hand, push the air-con knob (manual mode) and it remembers your recirculation setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have created a small 30 seconds video of how it is in my Creta. I hope I have addressed the query. Do let me know (Sorry for the amateur level of video shooting and captions addition).
Thanks guys! Is this how other ACC systems work in other cars as well? Or are they any different?
I always thought the ACC would choose recirculation modes on its own, may be I was wrong.

Also, another doubt, I see a lot of Cretas with LEDs in place of the reflectors in the rear bumper. Is this on the higher variants only or is it customised from outside sources? If so, have any one installed these aftermarket?

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd April 2018 at 16:38. Reason: Trimming quoted content for readability
Old 22nd April 2018, 14:09   #2289
BANNED

Quote:
Is this on the higher variants only or is it customised from outside sources? If so, have any one installed these aftermarket?
Check this link - Lambo style LED reflector

These can be purchased online or at any accessory shop and installed. Be it base variant or top variant, they fit.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:28   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check this link - Lambo style LED reflector

These can be purchased online or at any accessory shop and installed. Be it base variant or top variant, they fit.

Hey thanks! Great going on the customisations on your Creta!

What I am actually surprised is the sheer number of people who have got the reflectors changed to functional lights! Every 3rd Creta I see in Bangalore seem to have this change, which made me think that it must have been the quirks of the variant madness of the Creta, meaning some of the variants got this and others did not.

And like many new Creta owners, I keep having a lot of questions and doubts everyday and where better to clear them other than our own bhp forum!

Lastly, have anyone installed the side steps in the Creta? Are they available as genuine part from Hyundai?

I am not so inclined to do this but might serve as a good use when some of the older folks step in, which is also very rare, like twice or thrice in a year. Does it have any drawbacks?
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:56   #2291
BANNED

Quote:
Lastly, have anyone installed the side steps in the Creta?
I have seen many with the Side step installed.

Quote:
Are they available as genuine part from Hyundai?
Not as a Genuine part from Hyundai but as an accessory from dealers.

Quote:
Does it have any drawbacks?
I can think of is - Slight loss of ground clearance due to the side step.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:23   #2292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What I am actually surprised is the sheer number of people who have got the reflectors changed to functional lights!

Lastly, have anyone installed the side steps in the Creta? Are they available as genuine part from Hyundai?
It's a very common sight here as well. And you have many online stores selling them for as low as 1500. But I quite didn't like the idea of removing the only reflector that's there.

Side step is just the dealer accessory (just like the cycle carrier that I have) and should cost anywhere between 12k-15k. I still remember the Ecosport's side step cost - 27k . As for the drawback, it can decrease the GC and I feel it affects the look of the car (in a negative way).
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 08:58   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks! Great going on the customisations on your Creta!

I had the side step installed from Hyundai Dealership and it is through Mobis the authorized Hyundai accessories.

Check out my link to post below and subsequent posts to see products available and photgraphs of my steed with side step.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4053987

i find it very useful and can easily take my weight >80 kgs when i clean the roof
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:43   #2294
BHPian

^ Yes, Mobis has a genuine sidestep accessory but that is not what the dealer will install. Please check the Mobis brochure again and what you have got installed. Atleast, I saw a difference in mine.

Also, apart from the GC decrease, the aftermarket sidestep butts out laterally from the car. This may put any 2-wheeler next to you in jeopardy .

I have checked with many other OEM Sidesteps in SUVs like XUV, Fortuner etc . The OEM sidestep doesn't butt out and is in plane with car's side profile.
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:47   #2295
BHPian

I have installed the side step in my creta and its original mobis. The quality is very good and can easily take heavy weight (100kg).
People are talking about reduction of GC but that is not the case with mobis side step. May be after market has that issue. Neither does it protrude out too much to cause a worry to other drivers.
BUT the major issue I see is that it is totally useless. The sidestep is too narrow or you can say designed to fit quite inside, and does not fit the leg properly. While getting in you can still somehow use it but while coming out, your leg won't sit over it. Only a part of ankle can reach there but that is too dangerous for the aged people.
Even my 5 year kid does not feel comfortable using it.
For me it only adds to the SUVish look else of no use.
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed