Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:05   #2296
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's a very common sight here as well. And you have many online stores selling them for as low as 1500. But I quite didn't like the idea of removing the only reflector that's there.
Yes. It's the only reflector at back. I was also fond about the product and later found that if i change to LED, i would be missing the reflector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Also, another doubt, I see a lot of Cretas with LEDs in place of the reflectors in the rear bumper. Is this on the higher variants only or is it customised from outside sources? If so, have any one installed these aftermarket?
Reflectors are there for a reason and adds to safety at night, especially when you park without park lights on. My suggestion is to keep away from changing it. Most of the ones who changed to light seems to be unaware of the actual use of reflector.
sujithsidhardha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 13:12   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I have installed the side step in my creta and its original mobis. The quality is very good and can easily take heavy weight (100kg).
People are talking about reduction of GC but that is not the case with mobis side step. May be after market has that issue. Neither does it protrude out too much to cause a worry to other drivers.
BUT the major issue I see is that it is totally useless. The sidestep is too narrow or you can say designed to fit quite inside, and does not fit the leg properly. While getting in you can still somehow use it but while coming out, your leg won't sit over it. Only a part of ankle can reach there but that is too dangerous for the aged people.
Even my 5 year kid does not feel comfortable using it.
For me it only adds to the SUVish look else of no use.
The side step is purely ornamental for the creta. You dont really need it for getting into or out of the vehicle as the ground clearance and seating is not that high. So in my opinion the narrow side step looks better than the wider one which is available as it gives just the right amount of 'looks'. Its a pseudo suv after all, and the pseudo side step adds to the pseudoness
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:33   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
The side step is purely ornamental for the creta. You dont really need it for getting into or out of the vehicle as the ground clearance and seating is not that high.
Elders in my family disagree. It's the first CUV/SUV in the family and the ladies express their displeasure every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
Most of the ones who changed to light seems to be unaware of the actual use of reflector.
Also, it potentially voids specific warranty because power is drawn from tail lights by using a scotch switch.
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:48   #2299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Also, it potentially voids specific warranty because power is drawn from tail lights by using a scotch switch.
I was pestered by my dealership for these LED reflectors before delivery along with side step and car cover.

LED Reflector - ₹ 2,700
Side Step - ₹18,500

I had asked how will it the LED reflector be installed and they replied saying scotch lock connectors will be used. I was
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:17   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I had asked how will it the LED reflector be installed and they replied saying scotch lock connectors will be used. I was
Same. And at the first service, they told me they won't honour the warranty on electricals because of this and the fog lamp replacement
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:50   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
The side step is purely ornamental for the creta. You dont really need it for getting into or out of the vehicle as the ground clearance and seating is not that high. So in my opinion the narrow side step looks better than the wider one which is available as it gives just the right amount of 'looks'. Its a pseudo suv after all, and the pseudo side step adds to the pseudoness
I have the mobis side step fitted. It is not very wide and does not look odd. Got it from Hyundai Dealer. Rugged also to withstand my weight.
I agree mostly not required for me or other people for getting in and out but firstly it does help my wife who has a back problem some support while getting out and secondly i can clean the entire roof while standing on it. So limited use also.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160908_095757.jpg
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:56   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Same. And at the first service, they told me they won't honour the warranty on electricals because of this and the fog lamp replacement
Electrical warranty void only because of changing fog lamp and installing LED reflector? Actually what is hyundai's terms of warranty? Majority of service centers install fog lamps by simply slicing the wires or using scotch locks. You haven't done the fittings from the mentioned ASC. May be that's the reason for not honoring the warranty.

I got a hyundai genuine fog lamp from my friend and i inquired about fitting the same with my dealer. They agreed to fit it, but told that they cannot honor the warranty of fog lamp. I said its fine, since it was not purchased from them. I checked them about the warranty and they told, it won't be any problem, since it was fitted by an ASC. I am wondering about the situation, when one need to claim the warranty from another ASC with a sliced wiring installation by another ASC.
Old 24th April 2018, 12:05   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
You haven't done the fittings from the mentioned ASC. May be that's the reason for not honoring the warranty.
This is exactly the reason. And most of these are hollow threats. In my case, fog lamps are a direct fit and if I replace them to OEM, there is nothing they can do to refuse warranty. Rear reflectors might leave a trail though.

Anyway, I think they will toe the line if push comes to shove. Rather I'm planning to get the auto-OVRM fold relay and hard wiring current footwell lights too. These will also require scotches.
Old 25th April 2018, 22:46   #2304
BHPian

I test drove 1.4 and 1.6 CRDi. I am amazed by the 1.6 driveablity and how useful it is for Bangalore traffic conditions. Things I did not like are the price difference of 1.6 compared to 1.4 and the rear passengers comfort it offers.
Old 26th April 2018, 13:36   #2305
BHPian

do we have any confirmation on the dates by when the Creta facelift Petrol AT would be launched? I have been hearing about it but no clarity on the dates yet.
Old 26th April 2018, 16:02   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Brakes on the Creta are peculiar I must say.
+1
IMO, the biting is delayed if you apply the break on the gravel road. ABS gets activated even before it is required.

Few scary situations I faced:
1. I was riding in 30 KM speed and missed to observe a speed breaker. ABS got activated when I had to stop immediately after crossing the speed breaker in the same speed. This resulted in delay of breaking.

2. Pulled off the car from highway in about 20 KM speed when it was raining. Applied the brake while left side wheels on the wet mud road and right side wheels where on the tar road. Break did not work for few seconds...I was chilled to the bone
kmsithan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 11:03   #2307
BHPian

I've been facing this since an year in my AT. Whenever I engage reverse while the car is reversing on a decline, the brakes make a high pitched shrieky metallic noise. Kind of like the two opposite forces are countering each other.. which makes sense but these situations aren't uncommon. For example, when I'm reversing out of a ramp, braking will be required. But the noise feels like it will break a part or something. Earlier I thought it happens when the brakes are wet after a wash or rain but it happened with dry brakes today.

This doesn't happen if I engage Drive mode and brake on an incline which is a comparable circumstance for this issue.

Anybody else with a similar experience?
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 15:59   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
I've been facing this since an year in my AT. Whenever I engage reverse while the car is reversing on a decline, the brakes make a high pitched shrieky metallic noise. Kind of like the two opposite forces are countering each other.. which makes sense but these situations aren't uncommon. For example, when I'm reversing out of a ramp, braking will be required. But the noise feels like it will break a part or something. Earlier I thought it happens when the brakes are wet after a wash or rain but it happened with dry brakes today.

This doesn't happen if I engage Drive mode and brake on an incline which is a comparable circumstance for this issue.

Anybody else with a similar experience?
Happens to my car when the brake pedal is not fully depressed and the car is on a slope / creeping and it happens in both reverse as well as forward. This is irrespective of whether the brakes are wet or not. Had similar problem in Verna (manual) where brakes made noise when car was moving below 10 kmph and the brakes were not fully applied. It sounds more like friction between rusted parts.

The service center had told me that there is nothing to worry about. They didn't have an answer for how to stop the noise though.

Last edited by akshay81 : 30th April 2018 at 16:01.
akshay81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 07:50   #2309

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Happens to my car when the brake pedal is not fully depressed and the car is on a slope / creeping and it happens in both reverse as well as forward. This is irrespective of whether the brakes are wet or not. Had similar problem in Verna (manual) where brakes made noise when car was moving below 10 kmph and the brakes were not fully applied. It sounds more like friction between rusted parts.

The service center had told me that there is nothing to worry about. They didn't have an answer for how to stop the noise though.
Next time when you get the disc brake pads replaced, make sure to insist the service team to replace the shim plate that's put in behind the pads. They usually don't take it out and leave the old one in.
The brake pad kit for disc brakes comes with it, but isn't replaced & is thrown into the bin.
Please insist on that to ensure you don't get the screeching noise. (Heard only during slow movement)
It's doesn't effect braking, though it's an iritant.
poonacha_ma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2018, 09:12   #2310
BHPian

A couple of days back I rented out a Creta from Zoomcar for a ride within Bangalore.

(I have an E2O whose A/C the India Garage folks busted during the recent service and I couldn't bear driving around a car without cooling in the afternoon heat)

I found a few annoyances in the car and I don't know if it is only me or others have felt the same too.

I found the driver's seat very uncomfortable. The seat was leather(ette?) and had a very rich feel and a lot of padding, however it was probably a size smaller for me in width and I just kept shifting and turning in my seat. The 50km ride was painful.

My wife on the other hand loved the seat and felt that it was one of the most comfortable seats that she had sat in (among the couple dozen cars we have owned, TDed, rented out) and wanted to take the Creta out for an outstation drive the next time we needed one. I couldn't bear that thought.

The gear lever was in an uncomfortable position as well. I had to move my hand back, over the arm rest, in order to reach the lever to shift. It was not falling naturally to my hands. This meant that in stop and go traffic, I was experiencing some strain on my shoulder.

Finally, I felt that the clutch pedal was way too deep. It was very light, however I had to stretch my leg all the way out to engage the clutch. The brake and gas pedals on the other hand did not have that much play and hence it was difficult to find a comfortable seat position.

Moving the seat back meant the clutch pedal was too far away to engage. Moving it forward meant that the brake and gas pedals were too close and also the gear lever fell in an awkward position which was uncomfortable.

As far as drivability went, there was immense turbo lag. It was easy to plod around the city, however when a gap opened up in traffic, or there was a annoying car tailgating me, the Creta just wouldn't pull away. I would have to downshift and get the turbo spooled up before it gave me the juice.

It was a very nice car in general - sturdy and smooth on bad roads, but not a driver's car for me.
herculesksp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks