Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 01:32   #2326
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I've been facing this since an year in my AT. Whenever I engage reverse while the car is reversing on a decline, the brakes make a high pitched shrieky metallic noise. Kind of like the two opposite forces are countering each other.. which makes sense but these situations aren't uncommon. For example, when I'm reversing out of a ramp, braking will be required. But the noise feels like it will break a part or something. Earlier I thought it happens when the brakes are wet after a wash or rain but it happened with dry brakes today.

This doesn't happen if I engage Drive mode and brake on an incline which is a comparable circumstance for this issue.

Anybody else with a similar experience?

I have the same issue and it's becoming more apparent slowly. The brakes squeal every time I brake from parking speeds now, which is quite annoying. Is this specific to the automatic or is it common across all variants of the Creta? Mine has done about 12,000 kms and is due for its third service in two months. Will see what Hyundai says when I send it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I always experience this - whenever I try braking on a slightly bigger speed breaker, initially there is close to nothing feedback from the brake, a feeling of some cable / rod attached to the brake and further a feel of ABS kicking in (even if the vehicle is at 20-30 kmph). I am not sure how exactly to describe the situation but I faced this in my Verna as well. Have not experienced anything similar in any other brand. So apart from spongy and noisy brakes, this incorrect implementation of ABS also needs to be sorted out.

Will try this on an empty stretch with a speed breaker tomorrow and see how my car behaves.

I too had a scare with the brakes a few months ago and I have been trying to ignore it. Mine was not even on a bad patch of road, which makes it scarier. It was while taking a corner on a really well laid out stretch of tarmac. I had a Mahindra Maxx taking the same corner in my right hand lane, which started under-steering into my lane as the bend tightened up. I tried to brake to avoid brushing against it and absolutely nothing happened. Even tried pumping the brakes out of sheer helplessness and it still did nothing. I then had to speed up to avoid contact with the Mahindra. I was lucky I had space in the front to get away from it, but had there been a truck or bus in front I would have definitely driven into it. The other passengers in the car knew something was off immediately and I had to brush it of as rash driving on my part.

I really hope Hyundai addresses this problem and offers a solution. While the brakes are probably not faulty, they definitely seem inadequate for a car that costs upwards of 15 lakh rupees.

Last edited by Abhinav667 : 3rd May 2018 at 01:34.
Abhinav667 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 17:02   #2327
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

I recently got my 1st set of brake pads changed, car has done about 35.5k Kms. Could have probably covered another 1000 Kms, but decided not to risk it and got them changed. Total cost was about Rs.4k.

Have other members also seen their brake pads wear out so quickly?
My daily drive is about 65Kms, and most of it is a highway/un-interrupted city roads with higher than normal traffic speed.
Old 4th May 2018, 18:29   #2328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Have other members also seen their brake pads wear out so quickly?
My daily drive is about 65Kms, and most of it is a highway/un-interrupted city roads with higher than normal traffic speed.
I got it changed few weeks back.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4391520

Car has done 35xxx kms. The manual says replacement at 30k kms .
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 19:07   #2329
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I got it changed few weeks back.
I read that but did you ask for Disc (rotor) skimming?

Did the rotor have an uneven wear in 34K kms?
Old 5th May 2018, 08:28   #2330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I read that but did you ask for Disc (rotor) skimming?

Did the rotor have an uneven wear in 34K kms?
Yes. Maybe my daily commute through 100% b2b traffic is causing harm.
Old 5th May 2018, 08:51   #2331
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a quick question, I saw water dripping from the underbody, from the engine bay. I know this could be from the aircon. But this happened right after I took my car out from the parking, after having parked it for almost 8 hours. And before even switching on the AC.

And right before I stopped I saw the water dripping again. Is this normal?
Old 5th May 2018, 09:01   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Guys, a quick question, I saw water dripping from the underbody, from the engine bay. I know this could be from the aircon. But this happened right after I took my car out from the parking, after having parked it for almost 8 hours. And before even switching on the AC.

And right before I stopped I saw the water dripping again. Is this normal?

Do not worry, it is just the condensation from the aircon. Unless it is fluid drip there is no water in the engine compartment,except for your windshield wash container.

Check for leaks on the container.
Old 5th May 2018, 20:56   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Do not worry, it is just the condensation from the aircon. Unless it is fluid drip there is no water in the engine compartment,except for your windshield wash container.

Check for leaks on the container.

Hey thanks, I assumed that too, but I was a little worried when I saw water dripping right after I took the car out of the parking after about 6-7 hours in the sun and I had not even switched on the aircon ( or may be I did, I just cannot remember now ). Anyway did not see it today, so I hope its just that.
Old 7th May 2018, 13:11   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Car has done 35xxx kms. The manual says replacement at 30k kms .
True, I got it checked during my 30K service, and the SA said that it would last another 7k Kms or so. Decided to get it checked and replaced at 35k itself.
Old 7th May 2018, 14:36   #2335
BHPian

My Creta Car( SX CRDI) is due for 30,000 KMs service and i need to get it done.
Can somebody please share the approx. amount for 30k service?

Saw below post from Naveen that says its Rs7200 ,which i feel is quite cheap.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4287670

I also own a Grand I10 Sportz CRDI which, i got serviced for 40k kms last weekend at Advaith Hyundai,whitefield, bangalore and it cost me Rs11,000 just for service.Only addition was , i requested for synthetic oil instead of regular one which costs additional 2000Rupees.
Old 13th May 2018, 06:30   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
My Creta Car( SX CRDI) is due for 30,000 KMs service and i need to get it done.
Can somebody please share the approx. amount for 30k service?

Saw below post from Naveen that says its Rs7200 ,which i feel is quite cheap.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4287670

I also own a Grand I10 Sportz CRDI which, i got serviced for 40k kms last weekend at Advaith Hyundai,whitefield, bangalore and it cost me Rs11,000 just for service.Only addition was , i requested for synthetic oil instead of regular one which costs additional 2000 Rupees.
Well, you might have been scammed into purchasing additional services.I had the same predicament a few weeks ago with my grand i10 too, thankfully I was able to get stuff deducted because they added it without my permission.

For the Creta, look at the maintenance schedule present in the owner's manual and decide what to opt for. It has a detailed description of what jobs are to be done. Do not fall for what the Advisor tells you or offers as routine, things such as Engine Decarbonisation, Injector Cleaning, Fuel Additives and Oil Flush aren't necessary in every service. Follow the Schedule and ask the advisor to too.

Hope this helps.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 18:16   #2337
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

A very quick update on my first ever long drive on the 1.6 Diesel Creta SX.
It has been more than 2 months since I took delivery of the car, but my usage had been limited to Bangalore traffic so nothing much to report there.

This weekend did a drive from Bangalore to Chennai and back. A total of 900 kms covered during the weekend of which nearly 750 were on the highway.

On the highway, The Creta is a pleasant surprise. I had a Rapid diesel for 6 years so I think I know if a car handles badly or does not handle high speeds well. So while my expectation was fairly neutral, the car did surprise me. I did a fair amount of three digit speeds on the highway, and I felt the Creta was very comfortable at these speeds. So the Creta does hold well on the highway and very comfortable!

My wife and kid usually end up having some kind of nausea in the Rapid if they sit at the rear, but the Creta was far more comfortable for them, at least thats the first impression.

On the flip side, the car does not feel very surefooted though, you are always apprehensive about how it might brake in an emergency. I did have one incident when one car ahead of me swerved from extreme left to extreme right without any warning, however I did manage to slow down and take the car down a service road. So no Sedan this is , but you drive it what for it is and it cannot go wrong.

The engine is the best part! Its got no sudden surge like the Rapid diesel, but is very progressive and very refined. You cannot say this is a diesel at times!
It does not seem run out of power at all!
And the 6th gear, man, I had to get used to it! I would be on the 5th most of the time and I had to remember that I can shift again! But you can be in 6th for majority of the highway rides and do not have to down shift for any small interruptions.

All in all, a fairly good Car. I always thought I made a mistake when I let go off my Rapid and bought the Creta, but I do not think it is that bad.
True, you need to drive it a bit more sedately, but it rewards for driving it the way it is meant to be!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th May 2018 at 10:31. Reason: Speeding references removed. Thanks.
motorworks is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 09:21   #2338
Senior - BHPian

How does the Creta 1.4 CRDI fares with respect to reliability and fuel efficiency? Are there any known issues? My concern is long term reliability upto 150k kms of running.
Old 20th May 2018, 09:38   #2339
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How does the Creta 1.4 CRDI fares with respect to reliability and fuel efficiency? Are there any known issues? My concern is long term reliability upto 150k kms of running.
No issues so far. Two of my colleagues have 2016 model 1.4L CRDi's that have done almost 75,000 kms. Running without any hiccups.

IIRC they are getting near 14-15 kmpl.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th May 2018 at 09:42.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 19:52   #2340
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a very weird question. Have any of you changed the front grill of the Creta? I have the SX variant, so I have the blingy chrome grill. Just wondering if anyone has attempted a black honeycomb mesh kind of grill. I just think it would make the Creta look far better!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks