Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2018, 12:30   #2356
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

20k kms/2 years - too early for the battery to die... I suggest you to check the battery health and replace if advised.
Sorry, got the timeline wrong. So the car has done 21k and its apparently 2.5 years old now.

Got the battery checked yesterday and it was indeed dying. I was told that the voltmeter (not sure if its called that) should display 10+ whereas it was fluctuating at 8 something which was a sign of a worn out battery. Was advised to replace the battery as the car may not start if its left unused for longer periods.

Had the OEM Exide battery replaced with a fresh Exide Mileage Red 75D. Cost 6k. Car is back in business.

Will try the seatbelt workaround to see if that was what the chimes was all about...Thanks!

--

Quick note at 21k: The Diesel+Auto is no nonsense. Zero troubles yet. A no brainer for anyone looking for a Compact SUV for city roundabouts and office commutes. Highly recommended out of personal experience!
9thsphinx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 07:44   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Its been more than 9 mths since this post. Still no cruise control (CC) in the Creta :-(

Sometimes I doubt if they'll ever add CC to the Creta, because thats a step in the direction of reducing the difference with the Tucson.
Looks like they did add Cruise Control after all. I saw an ad of the Creta facelift (or upgrade?) in today's Deccan Herald, and it features cruise control.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th May 2018 at 08:06. Reason: Quoted post edited.
vharihar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 08:19   #2358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Looks like they did add Cruise Control after all. I saw an ad of the Creta facelift (or upgrade?) in today's Deccan Herald, and it features cruise control.
Yes, it's there in the facelift model. Have added my thoughts here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4406522
Old 30th May 2018, 09:32   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My guess is - You remove the seat belts and then switch off the car right? The bong/chime is the seat belt reminder. Try switching off the car with the seat belts on, guess you won't hear any chimes.

20k kms/2 years - too early for the battery to die. I just replaced the battery last month (35k kms and almost 3 years). It too died suddenly with those "clicks" and "ticks" sound. I suggest you to check the battery health and replace if advised.
I was just going to ask you if you had faced any issues with the battery.

Mine has run about 34.5k kms in 2 years 4 months. Crank times are increasing with more regularity. I suppose I should get the battery checked before I end up getting stranded in the rain.

Did you replace with the same battery or different? From showroom or outside? Do you mind sharing the details including cost?

Those who have already replaced the battery, what did you opt for?
Old 30th May 2018, 09:42   #2360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
I was just going to ask you if you had faced any issues with the battery.

Mine has run about 34.5k kms in 2 years 4 months. Crank times are increasing with more regularity. I suppose I should get the battery checked before I end up getting stranded in the rain.

Did you replace with the same battery or different? From showroom or outside? Do you mind sharing the details including cost?

Those who have already replaced the battery, what did you opt for?
I didn't face any issues. Just the crank times got longer. They had advised me to replace the battery when I went for service but their quote was high compared to my regular shop.

I went for Amaron that I bought from outside (5.3k after getting 1k for the old battery).

Details are here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4391520
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 20:08   #2361

Running on at 80k kms.
Attaching the service history and cost incurred screen shot from the Hyundai care App for the last 2.5 years of stress free ownership. (11 months idle with travelling on work)
Like I mentioned earlier, the biggest cost was the Tyres & biggest niggle was the hard springs. All 4 replaced - Tyres and Springs.
Looking at some DIY post, wherein i can refer ideas on getting the Cruise Control & electrochromic dimming mirror from the new version of SX(o).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20180513202811.png  

poonacha_ma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 21:54   #2362
BHPian

Thanks guys. Given Hyundai's aftersales and the more premium and consistent quality, I'll pass on the Mahindra. I have no need to seat 7 and the fuel economy and relative ease in city driving are what tipped me to stay in Hyundai's camp.

It's a shame that the Creta wasn't given the features it needs to compete in the segment, especially the ventilated front seats.
Screwdriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 23:02   #2363
BHPian

-What are the wiper blade sizes for the creta?

Will this product be compatible?
Its size is 24,16

https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-33970100...tVL&ref=plSrch

The rubber of my left wiper blade (if sitting at the wheel)/ passenger side has come off the edge. The metal has scratched the windshield :(.

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 6th June 2018 at 23:31.
Old 7th June 2018, 10:27   #2364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post

Its size is 24,16
I use 26/16 Bosch Clear Advantage which is not the standard size I guess. See if that's available since it covers more area.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4242800
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 09:41   #2365
BHPian

Quote:

Its size is 24,16

https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-33970100...tVL&ref=plSrch

The rubber of my left wiper blade (if sitting at the wheel)/ passenger side has come off the edge. The metal has scratched the windshield :(.
The standard size is 26 / 16.
I've measured this myself yesterday.
Also got my stock wipers changed since the passenger side wiper was making a juddering sound.
Have installed "bosch clear advantage" which had a mrp of 840 but got it for 800 (from a local dealer - Shetty automobiles)
It clears the windscreen quite well.
I'll share more views once a full test in heavy rains is done.

Last edited by TorkBHP : 10th June 2018 at 09:43.
Old 10th June 2018, 11:57   #2366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
The standard size is 26 / 16.
I just changed my passenger side one to Bosch Eco 16. Not sure what to about the driver side as I ordered 24/ 16.

24 wouldn't be that different would it?

Can't find the same Bosch Eco model in 26.
Old 10th June 2018, 22:13   #2367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Also got my stock wipers changed since the passenger side wiper was making a juddering sound.
It's been there in many Creta's and I had it right from the day I bought the car. Changed the wiper and that cleared it. Surprisingly, HASS didn't have a clue on how to solve this.

Quote:
26 would mean a wide swipe. Change it to 26 if you are not satisfied. It's one inexpensive mod .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 23:09   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
I just changed my passenger side one to Bosch Eco 16. Not sure what to about the driver side as I ordered 24/ 16.

Can't find the same Bosch Eco model in 26.
Suggest you change both and preferably to bosch clear advantage.
Having a mix of old and new is not recommended.
My first day experience on clear advantage has been very good but I hope the wipers sustain this performance atleast for a year or 2 since these are double the cost of bosch eco.
As far as 26 inch eco is concerned, it should be available since Shetty auto was offering the pair (26/16) for around 400.
24 is 2 inches smaller than standard which means lesser driver side windscreen coverage and you should avoid this.
Old 11th June 2018, 14:04   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonacha_ma View Post
Attaching the service history and cost incurred screen shot from the Hyundai care App
Hi, there are multiple Hyundai apps listed on play store. Which one should I go for? The one published by Hyundai India? Please let us know.

Also assuming that the care app pulls out service history from day 1.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 12th June 2018, 10:57   #2370
BHPian

The inevitable happened, was travelling through Rajasthan, when a mighty Govt. Roadways bus hurled a stone at the windshield. The poor thing was unable to handle the stress and developed a chip and a big crack!
Need to replace the windshield now, any suggestions whether I should get it done at Hyundai or Windshield experts?

Most Viewed