Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2018, 19:22   #2446
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Sorry, got the timeline wrong. So the car has done 21k and its apparently 2.5 years old now.

Got the battery checked yesterday and it was indeed dying. I was told that the voltmeter..
with a fresh Exide Mileage Red 75D. Cost 6k. Car is back in business.!
My Creta's battery too had started to take a good 2-3 seconds to crank. This is after 2.5 years and around 26k km. Decided to get it replaced with Amaron from a nearby dealer, I chose Amaron because it lasted a good 3.5+ years on my Figo. Paid 6000 bucks inclusive of the older battery buy back, and got a 2 year guaranty + that 2 year monthly decreasing warranty.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 19:39   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Try this sir,
  1. Set the desired temperature by turning knob clockwise/anticlockwise;

2. Switch off the ACC completely by pressing the 'OFF' button;

3. When the ACC is in OFF mode, press the 'recirculation' button;

4. Now turn the blower knob to position 1 or 2;

5. Now press "AUTO" button directly. A/C turns ON in auto and in 'recirculation' mode.

It will stay in recirculation mode and the temperature shall be controlled through the blower speed.

(EDIT):

1) If you manually switch 'OFF' the A/C and then press 'AUTO' again, it shall remain in recirculation mode.

AND/OR

2) If you manually press A/C button again without wanting it to be in 'AUTO' mode the ACC shall keep it in recirculation mode.
It is the same problem I am facing in my facelift Creta Petrol automatic! After activating recirculation mode the ACC automatically goes on fresh air mode.
The method explain above tried but no use.
Is their any other way to keep the recirculation always on as per our preference?
Old 3rd September 2018, 09:51   #2448
BHPian

Purchased the face-lifted Creta 1.4 E+ on behalf of my best buddy from Modi Hyundai, Goregaon, Mumbai.

Managed to save approx 30k on the insurance apart from the cash discount of 15k. Although cash discount is not offered in general but we managed to get it. BTW, this is the least discount that I've got in any of the cars purchased in recent years

Have installed aftermarket blaupunkt HU with steering mounted controls, reverse camera with sensors, alloys, fog lamps, roof rails, front roof-light with sunglasses holder, etc making it a 'S' variant literally, at one-fourth of the cost. All the above mentioned electrical items were plug and play and therefore no wires were cut.

Although these are aftermarket and we may risk the electrical warranty but the cost difference was significant and we were exceeding our budget, that's why we went ahead with the E+ variant.

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 3rd September 2018 at 09:54.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 15:39   #2449
BHPian

I was getting my Creta serviced yesterday when I saw an advert for a referral program. Hyundai is offering an INR 3000 reward in terms of coupons which can be redeemed for accessories, repair and/ or service for each successful referral. Not sure if it's a new offer or has been around for some time.
Old 3rd September 2018, 16:02   #2450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Not sure if it's a new offer or has been around for some time.
It's been there for few years now and I received two coupons. My coupon was passed on to the dealer initiated privilege program which works like any loyalty card. God knows whether they have added points for each service.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 18:26   #2451
BANNED

Old Hyundai Creta to 2018 Facelifted Creta for just Rs. 31,000

Quote:
On the outside, this car is an amalgamation of both the models. While the grille and bumper come from the 2018 Hyundai Creta, the headlights are retained from the older generation model. It also gets the updated fog light housings along with a silver skid plate. The above cosmetic updates costing ₹31,000 were carried out in a Hyundai service centre.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-2016hyundaicretato2018hyundaicreta1.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-2016hyundaicretato2018hyundaicreta2.jpg

SOURCE

EDIT:

IIRC this Creta belongs to BHPian Harmansingh09, am I right?

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th September 2018 at 18:29.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 11:01   #2452
BHPian

Back from a 2000 Kms roundtrip from Pachmarhi.

Route taken was :
Delhi-Chanderi-Tawa-Pachmarhi-Orchha-Gwalior-Delhi

The car performed like a dream over Expressways, NH, SH, Potholed roads, no roads & off-road (in mud too) !

Very comfortable ride for me, of course, the rear passengers will crib due to the slightly scooped down seats. Max distance run in a day was 550KMs.

Avg mileage : 12.25 KMPL , the vehicle guzzled up 165L of Petrol and 2K worth of tolls.

Roads in MP are decent , the Gwalior-Jhansi section is the worst (been like that for the last 10yrs or more, so no hope) Being a monsoon drive, I expected potholes, but not to this extent.

Google Maps can be completely useless. Got us stuck on crappy roads and no-road scenarios many times. Best to chart out your route before hand and only then venture out.
Old 7th September 2018, 07:31   #2453
BHPian

Asking for a friend with a pre-facelift Creta.
He isn't particularly happy with the stock lamps' highway performance. Any advice on upgrading to HIDs, particularly OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited/Laser?

Are there any heating issues, ie, can the housing, reflector, other parts around the lamp handle the heat? Also, have heard that their visibility can be atrocious in the rain. All inputs greatly appreciated.

Any notes on installation and warranty are also welcome.

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2018, 08:16   #2454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Asking for a friend with a pre-facelift Creta.
He isn't particularly happy with the stock lamps' highway performance. Any advice on upgrading to HIDs, particularly OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited/Laser?

Are there any heating issues, ie, can the housing, reflector, other parts around the lamp handle the heat? Also, have heard that their visibility can be atrocious in the rain. All inputs greatly appreciated.

Any notes on installation and warranty are also welcome.

Cheers!
In simple terms:
1) These are halogen projectors so don't expect a lot of improvement. But you can try Philips or Osram. Both have their pros and cons and it's a mixed feedback here on TBHP as well. I had used Auto Gauge HIDs back in 2010 and that was awesome.
2) No heating issues. It will be less than halogens. Make sure you use a branded HID's, ballast etc. Also, the ballast should be screwed on to an empty slot in the engine bay (not just fastened using a cable tie).
3) Use 4300k which provides the best visibility. Again, it's performance in the rain will largely depend on the brand, kelvin etc. My swift performed well even in the rains while the Ecosport was just ok (that had Osram HIDs).
4) Go to any reputed accessories shop to get this installed. Moreover, Creta has this dust cap on the headlights which should be drilled to run the wires. So a proper/skilled technician would be needed to seal the dust cap after installation. Dust and moisture can accumulate in the headlight unit if not properly drilled and sealed (a common problem).

Btw, Creta's headlights do perform relatively well when compared to the stock headlights of other cars (reason why I am still running stock bulbs even though I have an history of upgrading the lights as soon as I get the car ).

Last edited by naveen.raju : 7th September 2018 at 08:18.
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 08:55   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
In simple terms:
1) These are halogen projectors so don't expect a lot of improvement. But you can try Philips or Osram. Both have their pros and cons and it's a mixed feedback here on TBHP as well. I had used Auto Gauge HIDs back in 2010 and that was awesome.
2) No heating issues. It will be less than halogens. Make sure you use a branded HID's, ballast etc. Also, the ballast should be screwed on to an empty slot in the engine bay (not just fastened using a cable tie).
3) Use 4300k which provides the best visibility. Again, it's performance in the rain will largely depend on the brand, kelvin etc. My swift performed well even in the rains while the Ecosport was just ok (that had Osram HIDs).
4) Go to any reputed accessories shop to get this installed. Moreover, Creta has this dust cap on the headlights which should be drilled to run the wires. So a proper/skilled technician would be needed to seal the dust cap after installation. Dust and moisture can accumulate in the headlight unit if not properly drilled and sealed (a common problem).

Btw, Creta's headlights do perform relatively well when compared to the stock headlights of other cars (reason why I am still running stock bulbs even though I have an history of upgrading the lights as soon as I get the car ).
Thanks ever so much.
I had gleaned a little about point 4 from BNM's ownership thread, but thanks for reiterating concisely. Notes about ballast, heating and expected improvement are thoroughly illuminating.

Also, both me and my friend are vehemently opposed to the new trend of overly cool colour temperature for headlamps - in fact, we were even discussing if it might be better to get 3800-4000K if possible. What are your thoughts on that?

And yes, I do agree that for my requirements (or rather, speeds I limit myself to at night when I am forced to drive on highways which I religiously avoid otherwise - 70 to 80kph), the Creta's lamps are perfectly adequate. But he didn't find them confidence inspiring even at 80kph particularly on under construction highways with frequent diversions and/or those with frequent bunches cows grouped about in the middle (both of which we frequently encounter here). And when I tried them just for testing in a short burst up to legal limits, from say 95 to 120 even on straight patches, they are indeed rather scary, not just not-confidence-inspiring. I simply could not see enough of the road ahead for such speeds.
But as you rightly point out, there mightn't be substantial improvement.

Thanks again.
Cheers!

Last edited by Mu009 : 7th September 2018 at 08:56. Reason: Correction(s)
Old 7th September 2018, 09:22   #2456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Also, both me and my friend are vehemently opposed to the new trend of overly cool colour temperature for headlamps - in fact, we were even discussing if it might be better to get 3800-4000K if possible. What are your thoughts on that?
Go for 4300k - You get the looks and performance (best of both worlds). You can see more here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...s-clocked.html (Maruti Swift VDi Ownership Report - 50,000 kms clocked)
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 00:08   #2457
BHPian

Creating a thread for Hyundai authorized, dealer installed accessories for the Creta. Please do not post pictures of aftermarket accessories in this thread.

Leatherette seat covers in beige.

Leatherette seat covers in black.

OE supplied window sun shades.

Faux wood interior trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-81304e0e9dce4b2ea7a70c9048755923.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-2c0813c049bb4e42bf0f389609349fed.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-004b7b6783e34eafb7b39a93ae1ba07a.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-8cde4dcc491d448da99d5f7ee70b703a.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-3129164512794df185891f14df2a047c.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-4098fbc331eb4432a3e3607ecfd9383d.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-9ec4b1bd32374f9497cc3c563740bc1d.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-299e6d3a4e84447e94e03806f282df5f.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fec0ffcbe6a94df691bcdd70a3a19154.jpg  

Last edited by SDP : 9th September 2018 at 07:44. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 09:35   #2458
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Genuine OEM Hyundai Creta Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
OE supplied window sun shades.
Can you share the price of the sun blinds? And are these available online? There are many 3rd party sellers but most have bad reviews (won't stick properly, size mismatch etc).
Old 9th September 2018, 12:31   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can you share the price of the sun blinds? And are these available online? There are many 3rd party sellers but most have bad reviews (won't stick properly, size mismatch etc).
It's 8K for the set of 4. I've never seen door curtains for the front before but Hyundai supply those also.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 15:21   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
It's 8K for the set of 4.
Can you please share the part number of the same? It'll benefit all the creta owners.

Most Viewed