Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2020, 10:04   #2791
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Just another thought crossed my mind. Mine is the pre facelift 1st gen Creta. I quite like the facelift front grill like the one in itwasntme's post above. Does anyone know if the front end can be changed to the facelift level. Will sort both my problems. I think it will require changing the front bumper and the grill. The DRLs im not fussed about and the pre facelift has a similar sized cutout for the fog lamps. Not sure if it is possible or legal. Any ideas?
Do it only if you are will to sacrifice the resale price of your car. Such a change will categorise your vehicle as a car with suspicious accident history. Will be offered pennies in used car market.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 08:37   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Im not a fan of chrome. Are there any options anyone knows of for the front grill in mesh, black or in general less chrome available for the 1st gen Creta?
I have a 2018 SX Creta as well and I absolutely hated the chrome grill at the front as well as the rear chrome plate above the number plate. I contemplated on various options, like 3M wrap or plasti dip etc, but nothing seemed durable, considering the chrome grille is actually some kind of fibre. At the end, I bought the black grill and body coloured rear strip of the base variant from a dealership unofficially. I say unofficial because these parts were removed from a new buyer who bought a base variant and swapped for the chrome parts! So I bought these for about 2k with no invoice, and later gave away mine to a friend who owned a base variant in a different colour.

I think this solution is better than trying to do any other mod to get rid of the chrome.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 11:13   #2793
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree, buying the base variant grill is your best bet. I would have done the same. Let us know how it goes.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 19:55   #2794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Im not a fan of chrome. Are there any options anyone knows of for the front grill in mesh, black or in general less chrome available for the 1st gen Creta?
Found these pics on Instagram.
The handle name is: creta_india

Boy oh boy it looks gorgeous
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1c3bedc691b84eadad9cd854a5e242e9.jpeg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-263d6003e7b4444883607b19a4263fe9.jpeg  

CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 21:21   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The handle name is: creta_india

Damn!! This car looks menacing! I own the 1st-gen Creta and looking to get the front grill and the rear number plate garnish de-chromed.
Also, checked the said Insta handle and there are some really cool Creta's with subtle mod's that look the part. Maybe I can could a pick a few ideas from here. Thanks for sharing!
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 22:51   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Damn!! This car looks menacing! I own the 1st-gen Creta and looking to get the front grill and the rear number plate garnish de-chromed.
Also, checked the said Insta handle and there are some really cool Creta's with subtle mod's that look the part. Maybe I can could a pick a few ideas from here. Thanks for sharing!
Same here. Let me know if you find anything. For the moment I am inclining towards changing to a grill from the lower spec models without the chrome. The black one above looks awesome!!!
Amsdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 10:36   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is all it takes to make a "Kind" looking car a "Killer"!!

Arguably, the best looking Creta I have seen. Heck, it looks better than the current Creta in black.

Instead of offering some dumb Sports/RS variants, manufacturers must provide such options. I really respect TATA for offering the Harrier Dark Edition:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-tata.jpg
Vik0728 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 20:58   #2798
Distinguished - BHPian

Could anyone suggest aftermarket wiper blades for the Creta, wanted to get them online if possible.
Old 28th July 2020, 21:04   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Could anyone suggest aftermarket wiper blades for the Creta, wanted to get them online if possible.
Get a pair of my TVS frameless blades, available on amazon.in. Served me well for 2 years.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 22:32   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
I changed my wiper blades recently. Used one on amazon called Clouds teflon coated wiper blades. (Size for Creta is 26 and 16) They have good reviews, are very reasonably priced and actually seem pretty good. Don't know how long they will last but initial impressions are quite positive. No squeak, clean pretty well, have good coverage and are very easy to install.
Amsdoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 00:17   #2801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Get a pair of my TVS frameless blades, available on amazon.in. Served me well for 2 years.
Thanks for the quick reply, I checked on Amazon but the 26’/16’ was not available. Will try them next time.

Quote:
I changed my wiper blades recently. Used one on amazon called Clouds teflon coated wiper blades. (Size for Creta is 26 and 16) They have good reviews, are very reasonably priced and actually seem pretty good. Don't know how long they will last but initial impressions are quite positive. No squeak, clean pretty well, have good coverage and are very easy to install.
Thanks for the reply, these were in stock but delivery date mentioned was a bit late than I wanted, so I went with a brand called Coozo.

These are the ones I have ordered, a bit more expensive compared to others but will give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-57331ae5b8374a61bb5f690cc800ab86.jpeg  

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 29th July 2020 at 00:23.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 20:50   #2802

Quote:
I bought Bosch Clear advantage blades, work well, good wiper action.
Paul63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 23:44   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
My Creta's Headunit is also showing these Pixelated Lines on the screen, anybody faced a similiar issue ?

Attachment 1542145
So my 2016 model Creta's HU has been replaced under warranty in 2017 for a pixelated line across the screen once.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-1.jpg
Old Issue

This is the second time I am facing an issue with the HU, where the display seems to be discoloured and unusable while displaying the Reverse cam, which is a shame since this made for a perfect addition to the ORVM's & the IRVM as a backup tool.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-2.jpg
Current issue

An extended warranty claim was denied by the service centre, claiming that Hyundai doesn't cover HU's within the extended warranty policy.

Has anybody else faced similiar issues ?

Any leads for a repair person/shop in Delhi ? (Hyundai customer care is not reachable and my usual service centre seems to have shut shop.)

Anyone who is upgrading to an aftermarket system and selling their OEM HU or a shop that maybe dealing in the same ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Last edited by Jag4 : 18th August 2020 at 00:07.
Old 31st August 2020, 19:56   #2804
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my MY 17’ Creta serviced a week back and I think Hyundai has changed the follow me home feature for the lights!

Earlier with the headlights in on position and exiting the car after switching it off and locking car, the lights would stay on for a minute. Now after opening the door they go off automatically.

Has any such feature been added by Hyundai or is there a particular issue in my car? Also mine is not the SX(O) where you can adjust the time interval for the follow-me-home function.
Old 1st September 2020, 00:50   #2805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
An extended warranty claim was denied by the service centre, claiming that Hyundai doesn't cover HU's within the extended warranty policy.

Has anybody else faced similiar issues ?
You need to push the guys at the service center to get this covered under the extended warranty. I too got mine replaced during the extended period. However, they were reluctant in the beginning, but pushing them a bit got the thing done.

Quote:
I got my MY 17’ Creta serviced a week back and I think Hyundai has changed the follow me home feature for the lights!

Earlier with the headlights in on position and exiting the car after switching it off and locking car, the lights would stay on for a minute. Now after opening the door they go off automatically.

Has any such feature been added by Hyundai or is there a particular issue in my car? Also mine is not the SX(O) where you can adjust the time interval for the follow-me-home function.
This is quite strange, because AFAIK SX+ never had this feature of follow-me-home headlights. It was always offered in the top-spec SX(O).
As you mentioned, the lights go off the moment you open any of the doors in the SX+ variants or below.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks