Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 19:22   #46
BHPian

Re: My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black)

Thank you everyone for compliments, feedback and suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Somehow OEM rims appears to be better built and looks good then after market . In case you have exchanged Rims and given back OEM - will suggest you to request shopkeeper not to sell for a while , perhaps you should have changed only Tyres to Michelins - just my two cents
The looks were not a problem with OEM alloys, the size was and the resulting driving experience. I agree the OEM alloys look good but just not on that car/ wheel archs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
How much did the OEM alloys go for?
10,000 Rs.
Quote:
And is the CR70 film offered by 3M legal, even if it might have a high VLT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Are you sure 3M sun films are legal? I believe all kinds of sun films are banned in India. Second, on the wheel upgrade from 14" to 15", won't it create any warranty issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Did the dealers tell you this was legal?? Any film irrespective of transparency is illegal (unfortunately)
The 3M authorised showroom/ franchise told me it was legal. It is only on the windshield anyway, which I thought was necessary.
Tire upgrades don’t void vehicle warranties – checked with the SA. But the dealer will point to the larger tires as a reason if something happens to the brake pads/ discs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
...the alloy wheels but they are a bit plain Would have looked awesome with smoked alloys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I agree with Viddy - smoked or gunmetal alloys would have made it a fantastic combo with the black shade. As it is, these "Linea"-ish alloys also compliment the car quite well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhii176 View Post
a snazzier pair of alloys (smoked black probably) would have really added to the character of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
IMHO Matt Black with Chrome lip (or) Gun Metal alloys would have really made the car stand out!
It was a conscious decision to not make it look too sporty. I leave the difficult design/ looks related choices to the wifey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Wow, the first Aspire ownership review and that too in the colour that am looking for (though am veering towards Trend than Titanium+).
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
I am also planning to acquire Titanium + (Diesel) and your review gives a feel that the choice is correct.
Go for it guys. Titanium+ is the most VFM for the features it brings to the table. You will not regret!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
...you can get direct replacement LED follow me home bulbs. easy to put in, easy to remove without any impact your warranty.
I will look up these LED bulbs and might install later. Especially the turn indicators should be powerful as they are crucial to signal other motorists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
1. The sensor at the center of the dashboard - is the IR temperature sensor for the ACC.
2. No leather on the sides of the seats
Thanks for the info! Now with the 3M film installed (99% reduction of UV & IR rays which basically means heat from the windshield) just above that sensor, the sensor might not detect the true temperature.
As @noo.b explains, fabric on the sides touching cabin walls makes sense!
Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
Usually leatherite seats crack over a period of time at the point where the leatherite material usually folds. The edge of the seats would be area that would fold the most whenever the rear seats are used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Did you get your wheels upgraded on 22nd in Sector 3 Nerul?
Yes that would be me!
Quote:
He took the delivery on 23rd.
Sorry mate. That was a typo. I took delivery on Saturday, Aug 22.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
...somehow the sea of beige didn't appeal to me, but i wouldn't call that a dealbreaker.
The beige was way too much for my liking too. But I guess it grows on to you eventually just like the red dashboard option for the Figo. I think the S-Cross’s cabin looks cooler in its matte and glossy black combination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Ever considered a job as reviewer?......wonder why they chose that particular boot mechanism when space needs to be maximised....I would have liked bigger dials, and all black interiors as biege is just not 'India friendly'.
I don’t mind considering reviewing cars as a full-time job as long as I get to keep the cars at least for a month for reviewing.
Boot mechanism is mechanical and spring loaded not gas shocks used here. Mostly for cost cutting. Bigger dials would have not looked good. The current size is appropriate to balance proportions of SYNC’s center console and overall dashboard design.
Beige is definitely ‘India friendly’ in the context that it is considered ‘premium’ and hence Ford ventured into this terrain. But I know what you mean – dust, humidity, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
Top end somehow seem to be missing the AVN and touch screen setup.
AVN is something I did not want as I think it is a redundant feature for India where you have the freedom to roll down your windows and ask directions. Also, the lower variants have a replacement to AVN – phone holds firmly in that dashboard pop-up in landscape mode and Google maps would work just fine with BT Audio.
About the touch screens ICE, the Microsoft SYNC is designed keeping in mind US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)’s guidelines to use in-vehicle electronics which other OEMs and aftermarket players in India tend to completely ignore. This is makes SYNC particularly useful or rather safer to use at high speeds on highways and expressways. For quick reference below are some of the guidelines.
Distraction guidelines include recommendations to:
  • Limit individual off-road glances required for device operation to no more than two seconds in duration;
  • Reduce complexity and task length required by the device;
  • Limit device operation to one hand only (leaving the other hand to remain on the steering wheel to control the vehicle);
  • Limit unnecessary visual information in the driver's field of view;
  • Limit the amount of manual inputs required for device operation.
Disabling following operations while the car is in motion:
  • Visual-manual text messaging;
  • Visual-manual internet browsing;
  • Visual-manual social media browsing;
  • Visual-manual navigation system destination entry by address;
  • Visual-manual 10-digit phone dialing;
  • Displaying to the driver more than 30 characters of text unrelated to the driving task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
...There should be enough clearance around the engine cover, between the bonnet and no electrical or rubber hoses under stress once the cover is in place...The engine cover should not rub against or hit anything.
Yes I noticed that. I also saw today that there is fair bit of soft cladding under the hood which might be enough to reduce the vibrations. Still, I will not retrofit a cover unless completely sure. Thanks for the warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
It is a requirement by law in some countries (e.g. US) for cars to have an emergency boot release mechanism on the inside to allow someone trapped in the boot to escape i.e. its a safety feature.
We can trust the Americans to be paranoid. That explains a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
@Witwicky Could you also help me with the PCD for the aspire, my wifey is looking to buy this car and I would most certainly get her to change the alloys
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Ford's generally run 108 PCD but I think its better that OP confirms.
PCD of Figo, Ecosport and Aspire is 108. The aftermarket alloy manufacturers schedule their model launches and inventory proportionate to the sales of the models in India. That means, you will find more options of designs in Maruti and Hyundai PCDs. In case of Ford’s maximum options are for Ecosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Finally - a cat on a black car? Oh dear, you better chase away that feline, or invest in paint protection film!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I am with everyone about the cat, dunno if its your pet cat or not, but the thought of claws and brand new black car makes me wary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
...everyone seems to be advising you to be careful of the feline creature and that is how it should be, but that pic is honestly my favorite one. Cat on the Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
PS: Please watchout the cat, they tend to check their claw's sharpness wherever the feel to , may scratch your car just for 'FUN'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigH View Post
...the cat's claws may scratch that pristine paint, wouldn't it - just in case the cat decides to extends its claws while on the hood...
The cat is not a pet. She is around for a while and finds a warm place on the hood on a rainy day after the car has just arrived from outside. It wont scratch. Their general scratch pads are the tire treads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
P.S. I ignored the cat.
Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2015 at 13:16. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post please
witwiky is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 19:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
Anyone eyeing top-end variant of Aspire simply can't ignore the Fiesta. It offers amazing value over the similar variant of Aspire.
If you are referring to the "Classic", it is set to be discontinued

Quote:
I wonder how Fiat showrooms would keep products from different segments at such a small price gap. .
err- you meant Ford maybe?
Old 25th August 2015, 19:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
If you are referring to the "Classic", it is set to be discontinued

err- you meant Ford maybe?
No, I am referring to the newer (and the flop) Fiesta. It is in ball park of the Aspire as far as pricing is concerned and a level above when it comes to segment.

My bad, I meant Ford.
Old 25th August 2015, 22:20   #49
BHPian

Congratulations. That's one heck of a cool looking car, black color mixed with that grill is just killer . My dad is getting the basic petrol (budget) and from your thread it looks like he is going to be a very happy bug. Kudos to ford for designing such a looker, performer and above all pricing it right.

kilireddy0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 00:32   #50
BHPian

Great review. Detailing pros and cons with ample pictures, eagerly awaiting to take delivery of my TDCI Titanium version

Last edited by Eddy : 26th August 2015 at 10:09. Reason: Please use the team-bhp smileys only. Thanks
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 01:52   #51
BHPian

Quote:
No, I am referring to the newer (and the flop) Fiesta. It is in ball park of the Aspire as far as pricing is concerned and a level above when it comes to segment.

My bad, I meant Ford.
This is true when you get good discounts. Over here,the Fiesta has a lac off which brings the Titanium price down to 10.6. But is skipping on six airbags and 100 PS worth it? The Aspire also has more leg room.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 06:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby.thomas View Post
Does (Compact)sedan cars has to have rear wiper/washer ?
Not missed it yet. If the wiper is for the dirt and not for the rain, it is not needed. SUVs have them too.

Quote:
Did you get a chance to check the Fiesta too?
Fiesta is an outgoing model. The dealers are clearing old inventory and hence have good discounts. The only two fresh cars sold are Aspire and Ecosport at Ford. Also, the safety and comfort is better at a lower price in the Aspire.
Old 26th August 2015, 09:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Thanks witwiky for the wonderful review. Attention to detail is amazing. Rated a well deserved 5 *

Day by the the ownership threads are getting better and better. Finally, one compact sedan that doesnt look like a compromise. Okay, I ignore the cat but my heart skips a beat thinking of the cat-claw marks on that beautiful bonnet.

By any chance you(or any other member here) test drove the petrol? Althought the power and torque has been bumped how does it fare against the Zest/Amaze/DZire/Xcent? All the diesels nowadays are stonkers right from national diesel engine to VW 1.5TDi/hyundai 1.4/renault 1.5 but petrols seem to be totally ignored lot save for the TSi(which is kinda pricey for an average joe like me) & to some extent revotron.

P.S : I still hope someone gets a civic-coupe type car in the segment. Not an ugly duckling like the vibe though. I just spent sometime with the civic here(in adelaide), and it looks so nice and seems to be doable in sub-4m avtaar.

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th August 2015 at 09:26.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 09:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bro, Like you said the rear exposed metal is an are of question. But overall it is far ahead of competition, No doubt on it. Saw you mention a couple of time to ignore the cat. I would have ignored if it had a shoes. The kitty can destroy your paint and more over it would try to utilize the engine bay during rainy season which is very dangerous. Try avoiding him near the car.
ram_hyundai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 11:56   #55
BANNED

Congrats witwiky and hearty wishes for munching miles with your new steed! You made the right choice to choose Titanium + for the extra safety of 4 Airbags that it provides.

I hope you would be the right guy to answer the comparison of drive ability of Aspire in comparison to your old Figo TDCI, especially in the 1st and 2nd gear territory in B2B scenarios. And what is your feeling on the EPS calibration of Aspire against the Figo's HPS - I personally felt the Aspire's EPS, a bit numb at the centre (wheel in straight position) in the TD cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
Fiesta is an outgoing model. The dealers are clearing old inventory and hence have good discounts. The only two fresh cars sold are Aspire and Ecosport at Ford. Also, the safety and comfort is better at a lower price in the Aspire.
I hope you are referring to Classic in the context of Fiesta here. The new Fiesta is still up for booking in Chennai with the dealers on any choice of color (though with waiting times).
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 12:10   #56

Congratulations on your new car. It looks awesome.

More importantly, an awesome review with good pics.

Just because you had mentioned, is it only the front passenger's seat that gets squashed while moving it to it front-most position or is it the case on the driver's seat also?

Keep us posted on the mileage bit. That is something that many I am sure will be conscious about.
rkris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 12:24   #57
Lij
BHPian

Thats a brilliant review of the Ford Aspire, the attention to details of the few not so good things is fantastic which one would miss if checking out in a showroom. Thanks witwiky and have rated 5 stars.

The past few ownership reviews are making things harder for the T-BHP official reviewers, especially since they are coming out earlier. But thats a good thing to have.

Maybe I am nitpicking, but feel hard to understand the logic - on one hand the new cars come with all creature comforts including Auto Climate Control, but don't provide a simple temperature gauge!!

Yes it wasn't there in the earlier Figo as well but I would expect to have it in a car priced at around 8 lakhs ex-showroom.
Lij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 16:25   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post

Maybe I am nitpicking, but feel hard to understand the logic - on one hand the new cars come with all creature comforts including Auto Climate Control, but don't provide a simple temperature gauge!!

Yes it wasn't there in the earlier Figo as well but I would expect to have it in a car priced at around 8 lakhs ex-showroom.
The new generation cars come with warning lamps, which are lit up only when the engine overheats. This is why you don't see the conventional needle indicating the temperature
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 16:52   #59

Congratulations Witwiki on the new ride . Wishing you lots of happy & safe hours and miles in the hot car !!

I drove the Figo on a recent trip to Coorg and absolutely loved it. The Aspire is a step ahead in almost every department. I think I have almost zeroed in on my next car !!
happy_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 17:30   #60
D C
BHPian

Re: The Not So Good Things

Quote:
They informed mine was the first Aspire to be delivered in this region and hence the ceremony. So that was cool.
Congratulations on your new ride. Happy and safe driving!

Quote:
The not so good things:
  • Beige interiors will it difficult to keep the car clean
I drive a Verna with beige interiors. As of today, it has covered 46k KMs and the interiors looks as good as a brand new car. Just take it for an interior detailing every year or so depending on your usage. This is definitely not something to be worried about, IMO. Cheers.

DC
D C is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks