Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 23:20   #61
BHPian

Re: My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
I hope you would be the right guy to answer the comparison of drive ability of Aspire in comparison to your old Figo TDCI, especially in the 1st and 2nd gear territory in B2B scenarios. And what is your feeling on the EPS calibration of Aspire against the Figo's HPS - I personally felt the Aspire's EPS, a bit numb at the centre (wheel in straight position) in the TD cars.

I hope you are referring to Classic in the context of Fiesta here. The new Fiesta is still up for booking in Chennai with the dealers on any choice of color (though with waiting times).
The Aspire has a better tuned engine than the Figo as the gear ratios are tighter. Everyone's B2B driving style is different and hence the experience of how you work those ratios will be different. Try a test drive and see if it suits you.
The steering of Figo with HPS was better center weighted than the Aspire. Try letting your hands off the steering over a few potholes in both cars and see if the steering rotates as the car goes in the pothole. An EPAS shows negligible feedback on potholes.
About the Fiesta, I was told by my dealer they are only selling 2 cars proactively at the moment - Aspire and Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkris View Post
...is it only the front passenger's seat that gets squashed...or is it the case on the driver's seat also?
I am pretty sure it is on both seats as the plastic spine around the gear-stick has a symmetrical design.

Some more points I noticed recently:
  • The steering controls should've been on the RHS steering spoke as most of the time your left hand is busy shifting gears.
  • There is no audio chime to inform you that a BT phone is connected to SYNC. The Figo had this feature. SYNC might have a setting to turn on chimes buried in that vast menu somewhere.
  • While using the Figo I used to hesitate switching off the engine at long traffic signals especially if I was on a call via BT. Reason being the ICE would reboot on each crank. This is not the case with SYNC and it has a direct connection to the battery.
  • There are absolutely no accessories for the Aspire at the moment in any shops. I was specifically looking for those magnetic sun shades for the windows that fit snugly to each car model.
  • Tried circling on a round about junction (roads were empty) and noticed that the body roll is more than the Figo. I guess that is because of higher GC.
  • Under thigh support of rear seats is lesser (but still comfortable) than the new City and Dzire

Too early to comment on FE as yet. Will report back in a week on this. The instantaneous FE figures on the MID indicate anywhere between 5 kmpl to 95 kmpl while accelerating and coasting respectively.
witwiky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 23:27   #62
BHPian

I like your review and how you've precisely covered both the good and bad aspects of the Aspire.

I would say that if Hyundai claims the Creta to be the perfect SUV (though their poorly kitted AT variant is far from perfect), Ford appears to have provided a close to perfect offering in the Compact Sedan segment.
sydras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 14:53   #63
BHPian

Fantastic review ! You have answered most of the queries anyone looking to get this one has ! Nice alloys. As mentioned before except few areas like boot interior , fabric on seat sides , Beige seats ( maintenance will be a pain ! ) the overall package is very good IMO.
Even thought purist will always hate this CS segment , they might find themselves questioning their stand with Aspire. Its handles as expected , and even though it is a EPAS rather than HPAS like its brother Figo it is satisfactory.
When i went for a TD i saw lot of people loving it. Now marketing has their job cut out for them. Cant get any clearer. A brilliant product , Killer pricing and VFM car. Bang !

Looks like we see a segment topper soon ?!
John Jacob13128 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 16:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jacob13128 View Post
Fantastic review ! You have answered most of the queries anyone looking to get this one has ! Nice alloys. As mentioned before except few areas like boot interior , fabric on seat sides , Beige seats ( maintenance will be a pain ! ) the overall package is very good IMO.
Well the beige seat are actually easy to maintain than other colour's provided they are of good quality and are washable. The Innova I have is 8 years old and have beige interiors. Innova is primarily a luggage vehicle and the beige have taken the abuse quite well. You actually don't see much dirt as both are of almost same colour. The Grey seats of my Ecosport looks more dirt when abused.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:56   #65
BHPian

@Witwiky
Need your inputs on the below listed points as per your experience with Aspire Titanium +:
Stock keys ( Flip key & normal)
  • Whether remote lock-unlock-Boot opener option is available on both the keys?
  • I saw at dealership and that Titanium + variant was having Flip key and other was just normal key without remote buttons (that Titanium + was also missing Vanity mirrors for Passenger & Driver). Later got update that is going to be Test Drive car and not for Delivery to Customer.
  • Did you checked on feasibility to get another Ford supplied Flip Key and configure with Aspire?
Reverse Camera
  • Did you inquired about Reverse Camera with IRVM LCD Display from available list of Ford Accessories?
  • Do you require Reverse camera in your Aspire as per your current experience?
Will be checking you with more queries as they come in my mind, as I am looking for your ownership experience as reference for purchasing T+ Diesel in upcoming months.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 19:26   #66
BHPian

Re: The Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
At the time of writing this review, I had driven 102 km. 65 km were on the odo at the time of the delivery.
Hearty congratulations and brilliant ownership report.

If I were to be looking for Sedans this one will definitely be considered, but I'm kind of leaning towards SUVs/Corssovers. But still I'll keep options open for the new Figo that will be launched soon. It might be very similar to this one in both looks and ride quality.

Be safe and happy revving...!

Last edited by manson : 27th August 2015 at 19:34. Reason: Fixed quote.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 21:17   #67
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Car looks excellent. I loved everything except that key hole in its boot which looks very cheap, they could have avoided that at least in its higher variants. Even old fiestas and figos doesn't have a boot keyhole in its higher variants.

What does Economy mode ON/OFF do?
Mr.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 11:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Well the beige seat are actually easy to maintain than other colour's provided they are of good quality and are washable. The Innova I have is 8 years old and have beige interiors. Innova is primarily a luggage vehicle and the beige have taken the abuse quite well. You actually don't see much dirt as both are of almost same colour. The Grey seats of my Ecosport looks more dirt when abused.
I missed the word " Leather". Also these seats if am not wrong since it has curtain / side-airbags are not removable hence not washable.

Beige is easy to maintain ? Whoa that's news to me ! Your Innova seats was fabric ? My logic being with dark color dirt e.tc would not show up much unlike lighter beige stupid
John Jacob13128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 11:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I missed the word " Leather". Also these seats if am not wrong since it has curtain / side-airbags are not removable hence not washable.

Beige is easy to maintain ? Whoa that's news to me ! Your Innova seats was fabric ? My logic being with dark color dirt e.tc would not show up much unlike lighter beige stupid
Well My Ecosport has black carpets, while Vento and Innova have beige. During rainy season the mud/sand particles are far more easily visible in my ecosport compared to Vento/Innova. Similarly, the minute dust particles are visible easily on black Ecosport Dash than others.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 18:17   #70
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. They say Honda Amaze has the best proportions among all compact sedans, but now this Ford has the best proportions among all compact sedans in the market.

Quote:
Beige is easy to maintain ? Whoa that's news to me ! Your Innova seats was fabric ? My logic being with dark color dirt e.tc would not show up much unlike lighter beige
Yes. Beige interiors look clean even with a layer of dust, no so with black. Even the tiniest spec of dust will look like an eye sore on black upholstery. Same goes for exterior, light color exterior like white and silver covers up slight dust and scratches than dark colors.
Torino is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 22:03   #71

Was really excited about Aspire, my requirement does not warrant a diesel. Had a TD today, but disappointed by the 1.2L petrol, feel the engine isn't as frugal as I would have liked. The salesman offered me a TD of Ecosport ecoboost as well, and though I have driven it before, the sheer contrast is making my heart now trying to convince my mind to spend those extra 2 lakhs!!
GunjanArora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 10:58   #72
BHPian

Beautifully written. Almost TBHP standards. The mods should look into taking you on 😝. I was wondering how 15 inch wheels will look on the aspire, yours satisfied me completely. Great job. I have a 3 year old Swift desire petrol, I feel the aspire is the current perfect replacement for it.
mh09ad5578 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 13:13   #73
BHPian

Hi,

Congrats on your newest acquisition. The Tuxedo Black looks gorgeous on the Aspire. It's good that you opted for the top end variant, makes a lot of sense for the price. The ownership review was a delight to read. Thanks for the same. Do keep the thread updated, I am sure there are many potential customers following this thread closely.

As far as compact sedans go, Aspire is the best bet IMO. It is pleasurable to drive, has loads of features and is the safest in the segment. The pricing is bang on too. What Ford needs is proper marketing. There are many people I know who frowned at our decision of buying a Ford. Reason? Cost of maintaining a Ford. Indians seriously need to know that Fords are not expensive to maintain at all and are on par with other players of the segment.

Oh yeah- the alloys look lovely on her!

@GunjanArora: Why don't you TD the Aspire 1.5 petrol? Are you fixated on a M/T car?

Mods: The thread title can be deceiving. Please include the fuel type(diesel) in the title.

Cheers,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 30th August 2015 at 13:19.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 23:11   #74
BHPian

Hello fellow Navi Mumbaikar!

Congrats on your new buy. Very impressive this car is.

We are also planning to buy this car. 1.5 ltr. (P) and the Titanium + Diesel are the variants we are looking at.

Did you check out the automatic when took a test drive? Any reasons you didn't go for it?

Also, it kind of seems funny that there is hardly any literature available about the automatic anywhere. No reviews, hardly any importance even by Ford itself.

Though we are more inclined towards the automatic, just wanted to know if there were any significant negatives that you noticed.

About your car, it is noisy during normal city driving or only when revved hard?

Thanks
Karthik Mathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 00:35   #75

Comprehensively written and congratulations on your new acquisition. I wish Ford also offered more options on interior trim - black interior could have made a fantastic option.
Shuaib.am is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed