Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 11:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black)

That's one beautiful, beautiful automobile! IMO, this is the best looking model that Ford has introduced in India.

Many congratulations and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 11:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review and especially appreciate the fact that you have covered very small aspects of the car flaws.

This is a brilliantly packaged car and Ford has done a very good job in pricing and has offered a lot of goodies.

Now, Dzrire as a pro active measure should up the ante and provide better options for its customers.

I am not saying Aspire will effect its bull run. No. It will wat into the pies of the Amazes and the Zests and the Xcents.

Yet, being the leader, Dzrire has its job cut out and may have a completely revamped interiors in its 2016 iteration.

Again, its a very well written review befitting a very well stitched up car.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 11:40   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Rated the well deserving 5 stars for this wonderfully written review.

I hope more people would buy this car instead of flocking outside MSIL showrooms to buy Dzire in bulk. Ford deserves this car to succeed in the Indian market. They have given everything aam-jantha asked for, and more, in this car.
jvk84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:00   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, the first Aspire ownership review and that too in the colour that am looking for (though am veering towards Trend than Titanium+).

Wishing you more happy kilometers and also updates and pics.

Detailed reviews and pics indeed and like the way you pointed out the deatures and the bad points.
( I am with everyone about the cat, dunno if its your pet cat or not, but the thought of claws and brand new black car makes me wary).
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

So a another a T-BHP member gets in the ownership review before Official T-BHP review. Very well written review.
Keeping looks aside, for a person who commutes mostly in the city and butter smooth highway, I don't see a reason to buy Ecosport over Aspire. I would not be surprised if Aspire ends up cannibalising Ecosport sales.
As a car, Aspire trumps all the CS, all Ford needs is strong marketing force to make this product a super success(I see them falling short here).

Except for the boot(where Ford has done a lot of cost cutting), rest of the car looks great for the price you pay.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:03   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on the car witwiky. I had a hunch that black would suit this car and it indeed looks really smashing. I test drove the aspire automatic and really liked the car overall, somehow the sea of beige didn't appeal to me, but i wouldn't call that a dealbreaker. The Aspire is total value for money. If only Ford managed to bring it to public notice a bit better. Wish you many many happy miles on your new aquisition.
P.S. I know that everyone seems to be advising you to be careful of the feline creature and that is how it should be, but that pic is honestly my favorite one. Cat on the Batmobile
mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:16   #22
BHPian

Quite a detailed review! You had rightly pointed out about the tinny feel of the metal. I felt the same when I closed the door and it sounded a little light compared to the Figo/Fiesta. The Boot could have been a lot better. It's like a beautiful cup filled with bad coffee!

Congratulations on your buy. It looks chic in Black with an alloy upgrade.
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:25   #23
BHPian

Re: The Not So Good Things

Congratulations Witwiky, you definitiely have picked not just the best looking but also the best driving sub 4 m sedan out there. I took a test drive of the 1.5 diesel a few days ago and loved the way the engine responded. The driving dynamics seemed quite likeable too.

Also it looks gorgeous in black and great job on switching the alloys, the OEM ones don't suit the car very well and look too puny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
The sides of the rear seats have fabric, not leather. I don’t know the logic
Usually leatherite seats crack over a period of time at the point where the leatherite material usually folds. The edge of the seats would be area that would fold the most whenever the rear seats are used.
noo.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:50   #24
BHPian

Congratulations witwiky, your Aspire looks great in that black shade! Lovely ownership report, very very detailed and in depth. If i may add, i think its well on par with the Team BHP reviews. Great job there!
Its probably too late now since youve already bought your alloys, but a snazzier pair of alloys (smoked black probably) would have really added to the character of the car. Nonetheless, thats one hot ride you have. Happy mile crunching!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:52   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring a pocket rocket, witwiky. Your baby Aston looks stunning in black. I have driven a friend's Figo and I hope Aspire won't disappoint you on the dynamics front. It's a Ford after all.
Just a couple of things I was curious about. Are you sure 3M sun films are legal? I believe all kinds of sun films are banned in India. Second, on the wheel upgrade from 14" to 15", won't it create any warranty issues?
Old 25th August 2015, 12:54   #26
BHPian

Fantastic Review

The car looks great in black, and it is the best looking CS in market now.

Have a great ownership. Drive safe !

The ownership reviews are getting better day by day. Overall standard of reviews in Team-Bhp just gets better and better. Great details there.

PS: Please watchout the cat, they tend to check their claw's sharpness wherever the feel to , may scratch your car just for 'FUN'

Asish
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:00   #27
BHPian

Congratulations witwiky

IMHO Matt Black with Chrome lip (or) Gun Metal alloys would have really made the car stand out!
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and thanks to members like you who quickly pen down their ownership reviews for new launches so quickly, we get to see what are the pros and cons of a new launch.

Glad you chose Titanium +, it is a wonderful package and looks really good in black, with XM2 on, the car must be gliding through potholes.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. This has to be one of the finest reviews on the forum. Ever considered a job as reviewer? Your love for the car shows, and how!

Even I was totally floored by Ford's play in this segment, and am curious as to how it will handle its well entrenched competitors in days to come.

On the negatives, wonder why they chose that particular boot mechanism when space needs to be maximised. You can safely delete 20 odd litres of space while closed, no thanks to that. Why not just copy the Amaze, which sets the benchmark? I would have liked bigger dials, and all black interiors as biege is just not 'India friendly'. Everything else is simply perfect.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:20   #30
BHPian

Excellent review. Good choice of color. I had seen a red in the showroom and it was a beauty. Top end somehow seem to be missing the AVN and touch screen setup. Otherwise it is completely loaded. Look forward to more updates from you.
iamdeva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed