Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 13:26   #31
BHPian

Re: The Not So Good Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
...and lastly, ignore the cat.
Catty looking car there mate. *pun intended* Congratulations on a great buy and wish you many happy miles. BTW, the cat's claws may scratch that pristine paint, wouldn't it - just in case the cat decides to extends its claws while on the hood. The black colour is a favourite but a pain to maintain!

Last edited by TheBigH : 25th August 2015 at 13:27. Reason: spelling error
TheBigH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:29   #32
BHPian

Re: My Ford Figo Aspire Titanium+ (Tuxedo Black)

Congrats!! wishing you loads of (s)miles in the Aspire. That face, 'baby' Aston sums it up perfectly. Ford has proved that a sub 4m sedan doesn't have to be ugly.

The alloys look really good, the silver finish complements the Tuxedo. Also the up-size fills up the wheel well nicely and gives it a good stance.

P.S. I ignored the cat.
Shanksta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 13:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After checking with the demo guy at the dealer, he showed me that there is a provision to fit one (picture below), he will call me once it is available.
Make sure it is the cover from the Fiesta and not the Figo. There is plumbing for the inter cooler that will come in the way. There is also a small design (visual) difference between the engine covers of the 2011 Fiesta and 2014 facelift Fiesta. There should be enough clearance around the engine cover, between the bonnet and no electrical or rubber hoses under stress once the cover is in place. Go to the service centre and ask them to lift off a engine cover from a Fiesta and check if it is a straight fit on your car. Diesel engines rock quite a bit on crank and shut down. The engine cover should not rub against or hit anything.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 25th August 2015 at 14:02.
Old 25th August 2015, 14:09   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Its looks damn awesome in black color. Black and chrome always look good.

Once Ford, Always Ford
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 14:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The 3M film is legal as it has 70% transparency and absorbs 99.9% UV blockage.
Did the dealers tell you this was legal?? Any film irrespective of transparency is illegal (unfortunately)
Caramba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 14:17   #36
BHPian

Re: The Good Things - Interiors

Quote:
[b]
A questionable and probably handy boot opening manual pull lever from inside (R).
Attachment 1406611
Thanks for the review. It is a requirement by law in some countries (e.g. US) for cars to have an emergency boot release mechanism on the inside to allow someone trapped in the boot to escape i.e. its a safety feature. Higher end cars even have illuminated ones so you can locate them in a dark closed boot.
manuc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 14:24   #37
BHPian

@Witwicky Could you also help me with the PCD for the aspire, my wifey is looking to buy this car and I would most certainly get her to change the alloys
Old 25th August 2015, 15:13   #38
BHPian

@ Witwiky
Congratulations for new acquisition !!!!!!

I am also planning to acquire Titanium + (Diesel) and your review gives a feel that the choice is correct. You have provided very informative review with both pros & cons. For me, while evaluating Aspire among other cars, safety is one of the key point as well as styling, expected fuel efficiency & interior space were factors to consider Aspire. Please do keep us updated with your experience with Aspire in upcoming days.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 15:14   #39
BHPian

That's a great detailing. Nothing less than an Official review. Thanks for sharing it.

IMO Ford Aspire is the most handsome sub 4 meter compact sedans. Thanks to the Austin Martin inspiration. Well integrated trunk. I think they are going to make an impact to Dezire and Amaze.
PISTONS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 15:51   #40
MSC
BHPian

Excellent stuff. Our Bhpians are increasing the quality of their ownership reports to such an extent that they have started to look like official car reviews.
Excellent and high quality pictures to sum it up. Probably the first Aspire review.
Congratulations and Happy motoring.
MSC is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 15:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
In the last one year, my wife and I had to take two not-so-easy decisions -.....
Wonderfully written review!

Looks regal in black though keeping it clean will be an issue.

Wishing you millions of happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noo.b View Post
@Witwicky Could you also help me with the PCD for the aspire, my wifey is looking to buy this car and I would most certainly get her to change the alloys
Ford's generally run 108 PCD but I think its better that OP confirms.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 16:02   #42
BHPian

Re: The Good Things

Quote:
Well defined creases on the hood. Ignore the cat.
May be the cat woman (Assuming !) was intrested on the Batman inspired center console

Congrats on your new car. Fantastic review with excellent attention to details.

Ford has packaged it really well and I am praying to god for them to get some good numbers out of it.
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 16:03   #43
BHPian

Congrats @witwiky! you've got superb attention to detail!

With already a thread on car prices moving a segment up, this one should be the costliest in the segment.

Did you get a chance to check the Fiesta too? I booked the FF titanium variant last December
for 10.84 on-road in mumbai(cancelled the booking a week later as I've left India). Anyone eyeing top-end variant of Aspire simply can't ignore the Fiesta. It offers amazing value over the similar variant of Aspire.

I wonder how Fiat showrooms would keep products from different segments at such a small price gap. Either remove Fiesta from the line-up or increase its price(only to offer some more discount).
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 18:03   #44
BHPian

Congratulations By the way I think this is the first report of an Aspire here. Isn't it ? Detailed photographs too !!

Quote:
The not so good things:
  • No rear wiper or washer
Does (Compact)sedan cars has to have rear wiper/washer ? I think it's not required at all, as the whole purpose of rear wash/wipe is to clear the dirt splashing over in case of hatchback style rear end. In my current car, I never saw that screen catching up dirt - The boot takes it all. But I had trouble with i10, when I wished I had this rear wiper/wash.
roby.thomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 18:57   #45

Congratulations on your car! I'm planning to buy the same model from the same dealer so this review helped me a lot
Juventino is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed