Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 23:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
I didn't get this feature from the dealer stock option car here.
The button for seat recline doesn't perform that function for headrest angle adjustment. You've got sports seat which has all the gizmo's hidden underneath. In my case, even the fore/aft positioning is made via a grab & pull handle below the seat, and that's all I got
Attachment 1408842
Viren, I just found out that with the facelift, BMW have removed the electric adjustment of the headrest and now made it exclusive to only the top of the range comfort seats. Before the facelift the headrests were electrically adjustable using the button on the basic full electric seats(like my car, which is the same exact seat in your car)....cost cutting I guess.

The F10 comes in 5 seat combinations-Basic part electric seat, Basic full electric seat with driver memory (the seat which you and I have), sport seats with part electric, sports seats full electric with driver memory and comfort seats with driver and passenger memory. Additionally the sport and basic seats can be had with or without lumbar support.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd September 2015 at 07:38. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
KARR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 21:28   #17
BHPian

Re: Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10

Some Updates during my last 6k driving:
  • BMW CBS manages to pull-off all the service related data. I got a call from BMW service that the car needs a service as it has crossed 5k and we need to diagnose it before it reaches 7k. Sent car for servicing and it came out like new.

• I had planned to install race chips initially but later decided to drop the idea. Reason? 4 over-speeding fines in the last 2 months! This car just doesn't drive slow. I try my best not to engage Sports mode. I was right in deciding 520i over 528i.

• Brakes are super impressive. No drama on high speed braking.

• Beige interiors get soiled very easily. Demands continuous cleaning from car wash guys.

• No issues found in the last 6 months of ownership. Touch wood.
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks