Team-BHP - Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/167499-love-dubai-my-bmw-520i-f10.html)

This is my first car review, and I’ll try to keep it as short as I can.

As my first review, I have tried my best to post this review on TEAM-BHP, please pardon me for my amateur writing and views.

Brought the car on 18th June'15. Apologies for delaying the review.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-parting-shot-1.jpg

Background, History and why 520i
Coming from Mumbai, I am moving from a dull low-revving 1.2L Chevrolet Beat to a high-revving 2.0L turbo BMW 5 series. (Yikes!)

And the Black Beauty. Parked in Jodhpur now.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-beat.jpg
Requirement & usage pattern:
After about 5 years and 60000 kms, the black beauty started showing signs of aging. I always wanted a sedan and booked a Ford Fiesta in Mumbai in Dec'14. A week later, I got some business opportunity in Dubai and hence cancelled the car's booking. But hey, I still love FF.

Here in Dubai, you can enjoy cars from segment which are more or less, always your dream cars in India.

I needed a car which I could preserve for at least 5 years and which could carry 4-5 passengers with ease. Although I was sold for Toyota GT86, but soon I realized that it can't be the first car in the family.

So the hunt began and we checked out Audi A3, A4, A6, BMW 320i, MB E-class and then we finalized 520i.

Since this is my 2nd car, I couldn’t help comparing the Bimmer to my loved Chevy Beat. I know I’m mad, but the Beat has given me so many smiles that I can easily forget all its dislikes. The steering response of Beat(P) is up there with the best in Indian hatchbacks, seating space is decent, and ride comfort is good too. It’s just that the Beat is underrated because of Chevrolet.

Coming back to the Bimmer..

Cars I considered before finalizing 520i-

I won’t go into details of why I left the above cars but every car in the list is a great car and it was very tough for me to finalise the 520i. (In fact, I booked the A6 in the first place!)

Before purchasing the 520i, I looked heavily through all the posts on Team-BHP and I must say, part of the reason I bought this car is because of how passionately GTO and Rehaan have both posted review of 5 series. Hats off guys! Thank you very much! You guys have really saved me loads of time in checking the car completely. I'm privileged to join TEAM-BHP as a member. Really.

Going for the 5 series is quite a decision if you ask me. It has become the Chevy Cruze of the segment. Very few on car shopping would buy Cruze as the face lift is on the cards. Same is the story with the 5 series as well. But to me, the F10 520i is an amazing car. No factor could deter me from buying it. I went away with the dealer stock option car and avoided choosing features which can personalize the 5 series to any extent. The reason to avoid customization was plain simple; it saved me money as well as time taken to build/deliver the car (European Delivery program). Check here for details. BTW, the dealer stock option in Dubai is fairly loaded too. I doubt if anyone would ever want anything more than this.

The major features I got were:
Optional accessories I’ve installed:
Features I plan to install in sometime:
Freebies I received from the BMW salesman-
Booking & delivery experience with the dealership
This guy gave out his heart out to deliver the car on 18th June at midnight (Ramadan) and assisted me at all times with all my silly questions.
I, receiving the car keys from Wael, while my son wanted the baby car.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-wael.jpg

Some random clicks.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-parting-shot-2.jpg
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-parting-shot-3.jpg
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-parting-shot-rear.jpg

Rear seat Entertainment Unit:
The Entertainment Screen.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-rear-seat-ice.jpg
Feels good but UI and overall build quality is just average. A strict no-no if you're planning to get one. I paid 42k in Indian money for them!

Cheap remote from 90's
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-ice-remote.jpg
Reason why I bought'em..
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-darsh.jpg
Average BMW IR Headphones. Got 2 of these with the kit.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-headphone.jpg

Ok so here goes. Opinion on the car:

Interiors:

Dashboard's layout is practical, but AC vents feel like they won't last a mile. Also check the boring steering.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-dash.jpg

Driver and Passenger Door. Sorry for the card-board pic. Shot during PDI.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-driver-door.jpg
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-front-door.jpg

Headlamp Control Switch feels premium. Exact opposite is case with AC vents above it. The only AC vents which felt so fragile would have been from the Vento.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-headlight-control-stalk.jpg

Other buttons and stalks
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-boot-bonnet-lever.jpg

The interior color I’d opted was Veneto Beige. Wifey didn’t like Dakota Cinnamon Brown as we have an open parking which would make the car an oven in Dubai summers.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-back-seat-day.jpg
The leather quality is very good but it definitely can’t match up that of an Audi. The door pads, dashboard and ICE buttons all reek sheer quality but there are a few shoddy area’s like the inside plastics of door handles which just don’t match up with the rest of interiors in feel good factor.

There are a few features in the car which aren’t seen in the competition Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-split-arm-rest.jpg
The front seat armrest is among the best in the business. Split opening helps in the other person not removing hands from the armrest. Excellent!
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-center-console.jpg
You can program a total of 8 buttons for any available function from the iDrive. If you just want to check which function is assigned to which button, just glide your finger over the buttons and the screen will display the assigned action

Seats (and Comfort)
Top-notch leather quality along with good seats helps in long journeys. The seats are supportive and it won’t take long for anyone to find the comfortable driving position. The under thigh support is really good and the back comfort is awesome. These seats remind me of the new Ford Fiesta which also offered a similar experience.
Sorry for the poor pic again.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-driver-seat.jpg
Wide Rear seat Arm rest.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-rear-armrest.jpg
The head rest can be brought forward or backward depending on the comfort level. I couldn’t find comfortable position with it after installing rear seat entertainment unit, though. It actually helps with less whiplash effect in case if vehicle gets hit from behind.

If you’ve got the moolah, then get the BMW optional multi-contour seats.

The space below rear AC vents serves as ICE & rear zone AC controls in 550i.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-rear-ac-vent.jpg

Safety:
6 Airbags, ABS, DSC and a lot more tech terms which I don’t even understand.

Another BMW exclusive feature is the rear door design. Look carefully in the below pic that the door is designed in such a way that the rear door crease always sits behind the front door. This helps in easy opening/removing the door in an uneventful accident where the front door is locked or messed-up with the rear door.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-rear-door-crease.jpg

Braking
This one stops from 100-0 without any drama. You can feel the bite of the braking and the best part is that you can also feel ABS engaging little late or only during extreme braking. My previous drive in Dubai was a Petrol Innova and I know how tough it gets to stop a car during emergency braking. As I am writing this, I’ve already crossed 3k KM’s on ODO and haven't experienced a single instance where I felt nervous during braking. These units cant disappoint.

Engine:

Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-engine-bay.jpg
The engine compartment is well sealed and when you open the hood, the engine clicking catches you by surprise. The N20’s petrol motor sounds like a refined generator engine (I’m saying this because my previous ride Chevy Beat was dead silent! you can’t notice the petrol A6 and E class working either). Anyways, it has got a good low end torque which is helpful in moving off quickly at Dubai signals. Even with this 4 cylinder turbo it is very hard not to drive beyond 150+ speeds. This just doesn't feel like a 2.0L engine. Pedal to metal acceleration will make the car’s front go up slightly and passengers tightly gripping the grab handle bars. Gives an amazing feeling of a sports car. Budding racers would love both, the generator like sound and the instant acceleration.

With my novice views, I would better stop right here to pass on any comment on BMW’s mechanical brilliance.

Fun to drive? You bet.
The sole reason I went ahead with this over the A6 was 5’ers driving factor, otherwise IMHO the A6 is much better car in all other aspects.

For my family, we wanted something that could help in Dubai’s traffic and has the ability to pull out of a corner with authority (sometimes, you just wanna enjoy). The BMW does that for me. Contrary to what few others feel about me not going in for the more powerful 528i, there is so much of power in 520i that the 528i just seems irrelevant in Dubai’s traffic. I could have gone for the same in India, but not in UAE. To drive easily in Dubai’s roads, I know, I can barely utilise 520i’s max power or for that matter, its instant acceleration on the busy Shaikh Zayed road. Point to note is that, there’s also no road in UAE which allows the cars to go past 120(legal limits, 140 if you want to overtake!), max I can go in city is 80. For daily driving, this turns out to be a decent option. For the record, I was fined heavily while driving on Al-ain highway for over-speeding. God-knows what would have happened if it were 528i or 550i.

The sound of a 4 cylinder is not a big deal to us. We can easily afford higher gasoline bills and could have purchased a bigger engine but I chose to pick something that makes more sense in the long run. I had an AMERICAN car that lasted 5 years and never once had to clean the throttle body. If that can last that long, a masterfully engineered, and technologically superior BMW with better maintenance package should be just fine. I am barely bothered in the number of cylinders, It's power delivery for in-city driving is what all I care about.

Steering:
Compared the E60’s Hydraulic unit which set a benchmark for steering feedback, the F10’s electric unit is still a joy to use. The steering is just right. Feels comfortable and serves its purpose. There is also enough feedback to make turns through corners exciting.

In Dubai, where cars are required to make sharp left turns at junctions after approaching signal, you get a true feeling of what the steering is up to. You know how much you’ve to turn and how much wheels would turn. :thumbs up Steering return back action is smooth.

Although well set-up, the Steering wheel itself doesn’t look good for a 2015 BMW. Even my Beat’s 5 year old steering looks better and feels much meatier to hold. BMW should stop this steering wheel on all of their cars. A6 with its small 4 spoke unit and aluminium paddle shifters wins hands down.

Transmission:

I drove a brand new Vento GT TSi and I could feel the gears changing in that unit as well, but with the ZF sourced unit on 520i, no chance. The 8 speed ZF auto box on 5 series will put the famous DSG box to shame. No wonder, many other brands are using ZF sourced units (including Volkswagen). The tranny provides quick shifting in D and superlative performance in S-mode.

Gear lever itself is an attention magnet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Center Console.JPG
Views:	2431
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1407709

Driving modes- Eco/Comfort/Sport:

In Sport mode, BMW claims of stiffness in suspension. On my short trip to Jabel Hafeeet Mountains in Al-ain, I made use of the sports driving mode along with sports tranny option to gain more control on car and brakes. Didn't notice a thing but could sense the steering weighing up in sports mode.

The Eco-pro mode is useless in UAE, we don't need it. It is only useful as a driver alert tool for individuals who have the habit to cry about FC. Comfort mode is acceptable, default and the one I use on a regular basis.

Wheels/Tires:
Ok, So many of us don’t like RFT’s. But hey, would you want to change a tire on a fast moving highway or still reach your destination for that important meeting? The time needed by BMW service folks to replace the tire with TPMS fitment is less than an hour and I feel that’s the way to go. For the record, BMW service in UAE gives top priority to cars which have a flat tire. You really don’t have to wait long for tire change. With limited coverage and less reach, this might not work in India, though.

If there’s a puncture in any tire, the TPMS will let me know and I'll get a new tire after arriving at my destination, partial amount will be borne by insurance company too. UAE is an area where we don’t have to worry about personal safety from criminals if we got a flat. Taxi is always a phone call away in UAE.

Suspension
The 520i is unarguably the best driven mid size sedan and sits somewhere between the Audi A6 and the Toyota GT86 in my choice of cars. For our family, it's just perfect. With GT86, it would have been tough for my wife and kid, and with A6, it would have been tough for me.

*I wouldn't call this a Sports car. The 550i (or the M5) with better set up and ARS is the one.

Boot Space
Just about OK. I can only fit in my son's pram and 1-2 extra bags. Still better than Audi and Merc. Probably because of the absence of spare wheel gives it more space to run more deep.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-boot.jpg

Tech Features:

S.O.S:
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-courtsey-light.jpg
Now, this is supposed to call the BMW helpline but in UAE, this button directly calls up the police station. I’ve checked it twice and I can vouch for it. So when you press it, you get a rude response from the other side that this is police station and if there’s no emergency, just hang up. Ouch. A better feature is that in case of an uneventful situation, this will automatically connect you to the police station.

Cruise control:
Helps in UAE, Useless in India.

Auto-start-stop system:
Absurd! Money not well spent by BMW.

Music System:
Just OK. As GTO mentioned in his review, this one’s not for bass hungry folks. Addition of good quality woofer would just void the warranty.

BMW Apps:
A great feature so you can connect your iPhone and do what you do with your mobile. If you're a tech lover person, you’ll buy a BMW just for the Connected Drive. With iDrive controls, things get so easy for the driver.

Rear and side shades:
If you have a kid, you’ll love this. In UAE where sunlight makes you blind, this is so more needed.

I miss Soft close doors, Power tailgate and the Comfort access but I'd rather keep 10k AED in my pocket than pay that much for these features.

Last and the Best I like, the BMW CONNECTED DRIVE:
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-screen.jpg
I really never thought of anything like this. If you’ve seen Die Hard 4, then you might recall how the BMW Assist helps in remote starting the BMW. There isn’t a feature like that (although this can be done very easily after market) but there really are cool features than that. Read on.

Make use of the Concierge services to find out the nearest Shopping mall, hospital, restaurant or anything. BMW assist helps in making a reservation at the restaurant, advises on the best road route, informs you of flight schedules, Airport terminal information, movie timings, availability of tickets, room availability in hotels, etc. You can even ask them about the colors available in E-class or the A6. Service is available 24/7.

A service agent will even transfer the GPS coordinates of the POI you want to the car and car’s navigation will take care of the rest. How cool is that!

BMW Remote:
After installing MyBMW Remote app in my iPhone and Moto G, I could Lock/Unlock the car, Start the AC, and locate the car in the parking lot by turning on the headlight or in a crowded area by GPS. I have already used it once and know how helpful this is.
Name:  Remote.PNG
Views: 11608
Size:  150.4 KB
The app also helps in sending address from the mobile to the car for navigation. Since you can preset the AC timings from the iDrive controller, there’s an option to activate the AC of the car while you’re having dinner.

BMW Office/Messaging:
Useless. This allows you to send emails/messages while you’re driving. Just speak the words and speak ‘send’ after you’re done. A bit of gimmick if you ask me. Would never prefer doing all this if I'm driving. Mobiles already offer all of this.

Dislikes:Shame on BMW for not providing one! How I wish BMW had provided a 4-zone AC along with rear controls for AC and music system, just like the A6.

Overall, a great machine! I am happy with 520i. It serves the purpose and I don’t regret it a bit. For most of my driving, this is just right. I know I’ll have to probably visit BMW service center frequently for every minor issue, but then, that's what I signed up for. There are many members on the forum who love and are passionate about their cars. Life's too short to worry about stuff like that.

I hope this review serves as a thank you note to TEAM-BHP for posting fantastic review of the 5 Series (which helped me in finalizing) and helps other prospective buyers as well.

and the happy family..
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-selfie.jpg

Hello Viren83! Congratulations! It's a beautifully written review out there. The F10 5-Series is indeed my favourite from the segment. The EPS unit is leagues ahead of that in the A6. Mind if you could share the final price in AED? I'm planning to move to Dubai next fall so wished to know the final price. Once again, congratulations for this mammoth; do keep this thread alive! :)

Many many congratulations viren. That's one helluva update - from a Beat to a 520i. clap:
Makes me want to move to Dubai right away, a Bimmer is such a dream car for me!

Hey Viren83, congratulations on the 520i! I must say, that's a super upgrade from the Beat!

I really liked the Connected Drive and BMW Remote feature. This is one really cool feature and I don't think it is available in India. Everyday, when I leave for office I wish if the car's air con was switched on before I go out and sit in the car. However, IIRC the Mahindra-Reva's E2o also offers this feature similar to the BMW remote.

I am also awaiting delivery of my car and T-BHP official new car review has helped me a lot in making this decision. Although it's not a BMW, just a Tata Zest ;)

Congratulations Sir,

First of all, yes the emergency call button does connect you to the police station and if they do feel that something may be wrong, they will return a call to your mobile number which the traffic department will have on record with your driving license and vehicle registration. Tried the same on a friend's 740Li and they ended up calling his father as the car is registered to him lol:

Secondly, if you really want to enjoy the handling prowess of the BMW, I would suggest you head down to Jebel Hafeet in Al Ain, Jabal Al Jais in Ras Al Khaimah or else the Sharjah Kalba road.

The Sharjah Kalba road is quite a straight boring road for the first bit but when you start climbing, it is epic. The downhill section heading into Kalba is even better with quite a few tight turns.

Lastly, with the heat in UAE, you could go for a good 3M or V-Kool 30% sunfilm. It wlll complete the look of the car, will give you a certain level of privacy when driving around with family as well as protect you from the heat a great deal.

My 3M tints on my Jetta do help a lot as I have to park in unshaded areas a lot out of compulsion and they make a world of a difference.

The cheaper tints available at the local car accessories shops do not do justice to such cars nor do they help much in protection from the heat of the UAE.

All the best with the new car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya666 (Post 3788130)
Tried the same on a friend's 740Li and they ended up calling his father as the car is registered to him lol:

Secondly, if you really want to enjoy the handling prowess of the BMW, I would suggest you head down to Jebel Hafeet in Al Ain, Jabal Al Jais in Ras Al Khaimah or else the Sharjah Kalba road.

Thanks for the advice and for all the new roads. Will head there soon.
As for the tints, I can't put them on, as I registered the car on my company's name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parth.jain (Post 3788117)
I really liked the Connected Drive and BMW Remote feature. This is one really cool feature and I don't think it is available in India.

I am also awaiting delivery of my car and T-BHP official new car review has helped me a lot in making this decision. Although it's not a BMW, just a Tata Zest ;)

Thanks! AFAIK yes, the Connected Drive isn't available in India.

And yes, For me,
The car was bought solely on TEAM-BHP's fab review of 5 series.
':thumbs up I didn't even had a ride in any of the cars I shortlisted, Leave alone the test drive. '.
and I don't regret a bit! Probably, I'm only the 2nd person after GTO to have done this. Check out his Sunny's O/review.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhii176 (Post 3788113)
Many many congratulations viren. That's one helluva update - from a Beat to a 520i. clap:
Makes me want to move to Dubai right away, a Bimmer is such a dream car for me!

Haha, that was good one. As with anyone's first car, (my) Beat is my dream car, I am so waiting to go back home and get my hands on it. so Missing it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohaks19 (Post 3788101)
Hello Viren83! Congratulations! It's a beautifully written review out there. The F10 5-Series is indeed my favourite from the segment. The EPS unit is leagues ahead of that in the A6. Mind if you could share the final price in AED? I'm planning to move to Dubai next fall so wished to know the final price. Once again, congratulations for this mammoth; do keep this thread alive! :)

Thanks Man! On-road price came to 193K AED after a 20k festive season discount.
By next fall, you would get some amazing new options in the segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viren83 (Post 3788358)
Thanks for the advice and for all the new roads. Will head there soon.
As for the tints, I can't put them on, as I registered the car on my company's name.

You're welcome Sir. I hope you can join the Dubai Team-BHP community and attend their meets which I seem to have a notorious habit of missing stupid:

And regarding the tints, my bad. The car still looks smashing without tints and as you have the sunshades, they will provide some protection atleast.

Lastly, you have picked up the car for a VERY good price. Congratulations once again and all the best.

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

Hello Viren83,
Welcome to Team-BHP and Congratulations on your new BMW 520i.
It's "better late than never" to join Team-BHP and truly, this forum is unbiased with people giving their rightful and knowledgeable views.

That's one hell of a jump from a Chevy Beat to a BMW 520i.
Good going. :thumbs up

"White" is the most popular color choice for cars in Dubai.

By the way, Dubai is one of my favorite places to be.

Ah, my favourite sedan in my favourite colour - love the 5-Series in white :thumbs up.

Congratulations on the car. Am very glad that our reviews helped you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viren83 (Post 3787717)
The head rest can be brought forward or backward depending on the comfort level. I couldn’t find comfortable position with it

Tip: Move the electric seat adjuster switch (the one for the seatback) up or down to adjust the headrest vertically. Does it help?

Quote:

Another BMW exclusive feature is the rear door design. Look carefully in the below pic that the door is designed in such a way that the rear door crease always sits behind the front door. This helps in easy opening/removing the door in an uneventful accident where the front door is locked or messed-up with the rear door.
Man, that is some attention to detail! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Compared the E60’s Hydraulic unit which set a benchmark for steering feedback, the F10’s electric unit is still a joy to use. The steering is just right. Feels comfortable and serves its purpose. There is also enough feedback to make turns through corners exciting.
True. BMW has continually tweaked this EPS over the years. It's now very, very good to use.

Do you get a manual transmission option in Dubai?

Do you get the 6-cylinder diesels?

Quote:

Music System:
Just OK. As GTO mentioned in his review, this one’s not for bass hungry folks. Addition of good quality woofer would just void the warranty.
The Indian car now gets two subwoofers under the front seats. Check if your car has them?

Great review of a great car - thanks for sharing!

Congratulations Sir! What a fabulous ride you have got. I guess this would be the "Father of all upgrades" from Beat to BMW 5! Phew!

happy motoring with your beautiful family and car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by viren83 (Post 3787717)
This is my first car review, and I’ll try to keep it as short as I can.

and the happy family..

Glad to see another BHPian from Dubai. BMW 5 series is my fav car in that segment. My choice would be in black but even white looks killer. It is after all, the most popular color in the UAE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3788517)
Do you get a manual transmission option in Dubai?

Do you get the 6-cylinder diesels?

UAE gets the 4 cyl (184 & 245 bhp), 6 cyl (306 bhp) as well as the 8 cyl (450 bhp) versions. All are petrol. Diesel cars are not on sale here for private use.

However, I dont think they have the option of a stick shift. Which is not a big deal since most of us here dont even have a manual driving license!

Quote:

Originally Posted by embee (Post 3788441)
Hello Viren83,
Welcome to Team-BHP and Congratulations on your new BMW 520i.

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by embee (Post 3788441)
It's "better late than never" to join Team-BHP and truly, this forum is unbiased with people giving their rightful and knowledgeable views.

So True. But it's too tough to get in here.

Quote:

Ah, my favourite sedan in my favourite colour - love the 5-Series in white :thumbs up.

Congratulations on the car. Am very glad that our reviews helped you.

Thanks!

Quote:

Tip: Move the electric seat adjuster switch (the one for the seatback) up or down to adjust the headrest vertically. Does it help?

The Indian car now gets two subwoofers under the front seats. Check if your car has them?

Mine has the basic headrest with a button to slide forward/backward. Tried all combinations, the rear seat entertainment unit is the one to blame. It increases the height of the headrest by more than an inch and ..no luck.
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-0ea6eea4b95346b48c1e6ff30a06bf61.jpg

Nope, Unlike Indian cars, there's just one subwoofer. Any suggestions on how to improve the bass without any big modifications?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rover2000 (Post 3788559)
Congratulations Sir! What a fabulous ride you have got. I guess this would be the "Father of all upgrades" from Beat to BMW 5! Phew!

happy motoring with your beautiful family and car!

Thanks!
This and few other compliments like these make me feel I should downgrade right away lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 3788710)
Glad to see another BHPian from Dubai. BMW 5 series is my fav car in that segment. My choice would be in black but even white looks killer. It is after all, the most popular color in the UAE!

UAE gets the 4 cyl (184 & 245 bhp), 6 cyl (306 bhp) as well as the 8 cyl (450 bhp) versions. All are petrol. Diesel cars are not on sale here for private use.

However, I dont think they have the option of a stick shift. Which is not a big deal since most of us here dont even have a manual driving license!

Thanks!

Yes, you're right for engine specs. Driving a manual requires you to clear the road test first which is one of the reasons I dropped GT86 from my list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya666 (Post 3788411)
You're welcome Sir. I hope you can join the Dubai Team-BHP community and attend their meets which I seem to have a notorious habit of missing stupid:

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

Thanks Man! Mind sharing the details with me. Shall be in touch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viren83 (Post 3789331)
Mine has the basic headrest with a button to slide forward/backward. Tried all combinations

No no, push this switch up or down and you'll see your headrest move :). The one for the seat recline is the one that adjusts the headrest.

Your screen might already require the headrest to be fully extended out. In that case, why not have your son sit behind the passenger's seat, remove the screen from the driver's seat and adjust the headrest to your liking?

Congrats on the awesome car! Venetian beige is my personal favourite interior color....hope you have many happy miles in it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3789607)
The one for the seat recline is the one that adjusts the headrest.

I didn't get this feature from the dealer stock option car here.
The button for seat recline doesn't perform that function for headrest angle adjustment. You've got sports seat which has all the gizmo's hidden underneath. In my case, even the fore/aft positioning is made via a grab & pull handle below the seat, and that's all I got :Frustrati
Love from Dubai - My BMW 520i F10-seat-electric-button.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by KARR (Post 3790191)
Congrats on the awesome car! Venetian beige is my personal favourite interior color....hope you have many happy miles in it!!

Thanks!
I love the rear spoiler in your car. Its one of the sleekest and sexiest spoilers on any production car. Paint that in black and it would make your car even more HOT :)