Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2018, 13:18   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

Passing away of Grandparents is really very sad, especially if you've grown up in their fabulous influence.

Believe it or not, I had a similar situation, with my 2004 Ford Ikon 1.6, which I lovingly call KITT and my Grandfather who was very close to me. Even my Grandmother is, but Grandfather was completely in a different league. He loved it when I bought my first car in India earned from my own money and it was a Ford. The reason for that mainly was his own memory of having done just that (bought a Ford Prefect) in his younger years, only to give it up for something bigger and substantial (A Dodge Royal V8). Something he regretted just a few years later, when his honeymoon period with the powerful American was over!! In came the Italian and she lives with us till date. Anyway, sorry to divert your thread to my own banter, wishing you many more happy miles with TooFun so that you can hold onto the memories the longest.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 12:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Passing away of Grandparents is really very sad, especially if you've grown up in their fabulous influence.

Believe it or not, I had a similar situation, with my 2004 Ford Ikon 1.6, which I lovingly call KITT and my Grandfather who was very close to me. Even my Grandmother is, but Grandfather was completely in a different league. He loved it when I bought my first car in India earned from my own money and it was a Ford. The reason for that mainly was his own memory of having done just that (bought a Ford Prefect) in his younger years, only to give it up for something bigger and substantial (A Dodge Royal V8). Something he regretted just a few years later, when his honeymoon period with the powerful American was over!! .
What a coincidence! My grandpa owned a Ford Prefect, and later replaced it with at Austin A4. He also refurbished a Citroen that was abandoned by a Frenchman who left India. And by the way, gramps was a Ford dealer from 1932 to 1952.

@Neel, i am very sorry to know about your grandma's demise. Time will surely heal the wounds, but I know it is not that easy.
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 12:45   #153
BHPian

TooFun took us for a History lesson yesterday in some lesser known parts of Bengal. Here are some pics. Odo reading is just a shade below 46k.

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_2984.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_2985.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_2995.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_2998.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_2990.jpg

She will be going to a much needed service very soon. I will update this thread accordingly.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 25th October 2018 at 12:47.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 16:21   #154

As a proud owner of a Classic 1.6, I searched for ownership reviews after a long time and came across this one. I have to admit this is a superbly written one by Neel !! And I agree to each and every point mentioned (apart from the driving in city point - I feel this beast is not really meant for cluttered city traffic)

I bought a white Classic LXi around the same time - May 2015 and it was one of the last available units then. Till date it has clocked some 30,xxx kms and still feels and drives like it was on day 1 - Butter Smooth.

I am sorry for not yet posting a review due to my busy schedule, shall aim to do it someday!!

Testimony:
I prefer not to lend my car to any other driver, but on a very few occasions when it was unavoidable, the only unanimous response was Itni smooth gadi to kabhi nahi chalayi
The best one: Ye meri (Honda) City se jyada smooth and tez chalti hai

The feeling of getting behind the wheel every morning when it starts to pull, is simply majestic and makes my day

Once again CHEERS, Neel !!
Josh1927 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 22:25   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1927 View Post
As a proud owner of a Classic 1.6, I searched for ownership reviews after a long time and came across this one. I have to admit this is a superbly written one by Neel !! And I agree to each and every point mentioned (apart from the driving in city point - I feel this beast is not really meant for cluttered city traffic)

I bought a white Classic LXi around the same time - May 2015 and it was one of the last available units then. Till date it has clocked some 30,xxx kms and still feels and drives like it was on day 1 - Butter Smooth.

I am sorry for not yet posting a review due to my busy schedule, shall aim to do it someday!!

Testimony:
I prefer not to lend my car to any other driver, but on a very few occasions when it was unavoidable, the only unanimous response was Itni smooth gadi to kabhi nahi chalayi
The best one: Ye meri (Honda) City se jyada smooth and tez chalti hai

The feeling of getting behind the wheel every morning when it starts to pull, is simply majestic and makes my day

Once again CHEERS, Neel !!
Hi, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to the review of your Fiesta as well. You're right about everything about the car! TooFun is at 54k and drives like Day 1 as well. Goes on to prove that this really is a car for the long term. And I have observed the same thing as well. Anyone who knows a bit about cars has only got good things to say after driving the Fiesta. And yes, the pull is best described as 'majestic'!

TooFun is at 54k+ now, and is running as good as always. There have been a few dents and scratches over time that need to be fixed, and it's finally time to get new tyres now! I will update this thread, but only when I have good pictures to post (hopefully very soon! ).

Neel
Old 31st August 2019, 21:24   #156
BHPian

Sorry for the utter disappointment that I have been when it comes to keeping this thread up to date. TooFun is still very much the enchantress that she was when she first came home. If anything, my love for her has been steadily increasing after having experienced a few "modern" cars. Sometimes I realize how lucky I am to have a car with a hydraulic steering, a relatively large NA engine and driver biased handling. The interiors are still fine by me, actually, and TooFun's analogue controls feel like a breath of fresh air after using smartphones for hours in a day.

TooFun does need to have some work done to her, though. The running has kind of reduced over the last few weeks, and it's only alternate weekend runs right now. Unfortunately, with boards coming up next year, I don't see this changing as such. What I will promise though, is that this thread will see some crazy nice updates when I am legally qualified to drive TooFun on our roads. Coming to think of it, I am almost at the end of this wait-tunnel and the light is quite near, that is mid next year.

In the next post, I will try to be technical and detailed. But for now, here's TooFun showing off her Paprika Red, which stills looks as beautiful with 0-pampering over these years.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_21942.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_21973.jpg

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 22:15   #157
BHPian

TooFun turns 5!

... and what a journey it has been! All of what's going on aside, I am really excited to get my license and legally qualify to take her reins.

Woke up to an email from mod Gannu_1 stating that my thread had been moved to the long term ownership reports section. I didn't really know this was an automated process, so I was overwhelmed. Spent the morning cleaning, shampooing and just going FIDA, all over again.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img20200501wa0088.jpg

After close to 3 hours, she started looking as gorgeous as ever. It's a pity that we couldn't go out for a drive.

At ~64k kms and 5 years, it is safe to say that TooFun has never been pampered. What is amazing is how well the paint has maintained itself over the years. And not just the paint, TooFun mostly still feels like Day 1. That's quite something, and I'm not exaggerating. Yes, there is the regular wear and tear (the latest one being the Ford badge flying off ), but other than that, she's still the same. The engine snarls the same way, is still as eager to go to the redline. Even the mundane stuff, like the overpowered AC, still work like they always have. A recent upgrade has been the Michelin XM2, with a slight upsize, and now TooFun feels like she is at least close to the tires that she deserves. This, however, is not a technical post. So the details will be in a following post.

And, barring the traffic-battle scars (where she still struggles and starts drinking more, like always), she's still as beautiful!
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img20200501wa0096.jpg

Every year, we go out on a drive to celebrate TooFun's birthday. This year, that wasn't possible, for obvious reasons. I wasn't really satisfied after the wash. I wanted to spend more time with her. After breakfast, I rushed back.

What is the best place to watch Ford v Ferrari? A Ford, of course! So this little movie date happened.

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-20200501131056_img_6496.jpg

After all of this ends, expect lots of updates again. In fact, I just realised that my love for TooFun has only increased over these years. Happy Birthday, baby.

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-tf3.jpg

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 1st May 2020 at 22:18.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 18:36   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
TooFun turns 5!

At ~64k kms and 5 years, it is safe to say that TooFun has never been pampered. What is amazing is how well the paint has maintained itself over the years. And not just the paint, TooFun mostly still feels like Day 1. That's quite something, and I'm not exaggerating.
Happy (belated) birthday to TooFun. She simply doesn't look like a 5 year old car with 64k km on the odometer. Kudos to you for keeping her in such awesome condition. Hope she will continue to serve you for many more years. I am personally a big fan of the Fiesta 1.6, especially the engine is awesome. Simply put, they don't make cars like this anymore. My cousin's Fiesta 1.6 is nearing 180k km, except for a slight overheating issue (now fixed), she is still very reliable. Only issue is that some exterior panels have started rusting.

P.S- I hope you will be updating this thread more frequently henceforth.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 13th May 2020 at 19:05.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 10:19   #159

Quote:
TooFun turns 5!

... and what a journey it has been! All of what's going on aside, I am really excited to get my license and legally qualify to take her reins.

Woke up to an email from mod Gannu_1 stating that my thread had been moved to the long term ownership reports section. I didn't really know this was an automated process, so I was overwhelmed. Spent the morning cleaning, shampooing and just going FIDA, all over again.
Attachment 2000927

After close to 3 hours, she started looking as gorgeous as ever. It's a pity that we couldn't go out for a drive.

At ~64k kms and 5 years, it is safe to say that TooFun has never been pampered. What is amazing is how well the paint has maintained itself over the years. And not just the paint, TooFun mostly still feels like Day 1. That's quite something, and I'm not exaggerating. Yes, there is the regular wear and tear (the latest one being the Ford badge flying off ), but other than that, she's still the same. The engine snarls the same way, is still as eager to go to the redline. Even the mundane stuff, like the overpowered AC, still work like they always have. A recent upgrade has been the Michelin XM2, with a slight upsize, and now TooFun feels like she is at least close to the tires that she deserves. This, however, is not a technical post. So the details will be in a following post.

And, barring the traffic-battle scars (where she still struggles and starts drinking more, like always), she's still as beautiful!
Attachment 2000926

Every year, we go out on a drive to celebrate TooFun's birthday. This year, that wasn't possible, for obvious reasons. I wasn't really satisfied after the wash. I wanted to spend more time with her. After breakfast, I rushed back.

What is the best place to watch Ford v Ferrari? A Ford, of course! So this little movie date happened.

Attachment 2000930

After all of this ends, expect lots of updates again. In fact, I just realised that my love for TooFun has only increased over these years. Happy Birthday, baby.

Attachment 2000931

Neel
Absolute beauty even after 5 years, superbly maintained !! It's time to realize the fun now that you are getting your licence!

Was there a battery replacement so far? My 2015 model (petrol) Fiesta's battery died about a month ago but I have now been able to replace/charge it owing to the ongoing lockdown.

Any suggestions for a new battery or charging will do the job?
Josh1927 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2020, 11:14   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1927 View Post
Absolute beauty even after 5 years, superbly maintained !! It's time to realize the fun now that you are getting your licence!

Was there a battery replacement so far? My 2015 model (petrol) Fiesta's battery died about a month ago but I have now been able to replace/charge it owing to the ongoing lockdown.

Any suggestions for a new battery or charging will do the job?
Not* been able to replace/charge.. sorry for the typo
Old 9th July 2020, 01:54   #161
BHPian

Quote:
TooFun turns 5!

... and what a journey it has been!
Like they say, they don't make 'em like this anymore. It is my personal opinion that cars from the last decade have aged so gracefully, they had it all, features/design/power and more importantly rational pricing.Have always admired this generation of the Fiesta.

I too have a beauty from the last decade, a Superb VR6 3.6 4x4 and boy is he something in a sleeper shade of Rosso Brunello putting out 265hp of NA power.To think that it is even more powerful than the RS245 of today and comes with that AWD haldex hardware in a price which was 18 lakhs cheaper than the RS245 of today, sigh! I had planned to keep it for a lifetime, but now need a hatchback, so forced to put it up for sale on our very own classifieds.

The last decade had cars like this and then some more 1st Gen Mondeo/OHC Vtec/1st gen Octavia vRS/Fiesta 1.6S. What a decade it was!

Last edited by octane1002 : 9th July 2020 at 02:02.
octane1002 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 16:36   #162
BHPian

I have a question regarding gear lever bush of Ford Classic 1.6. I own this vehicle since 2013 and today afternoon suddenly the gears were not slotting and the gear lever was moving freely. I called the Ford service center and they said the gear lever bush must be broken and quoted me price 1200/- including labor charges. Wanted to know from the people here if this is correct.
Old 24th July 2020, 17:10   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta1.6 View Post
I have a question regarding gear lever bush of Ford Classic 1.6. I own this vehicle since 2013 and today afternoon suddenly the gears were not slotting and the gear lever was moving freely. I called the Ford service center and they said the gear lever bush must be broken and quoted me price 1200/- including labor charges. Wanted to know from the people here if this is correct.
Had the same issue with figo 1.2 recently. Got charged 402 for part and 156 for labour. Not sure if the prices are higher for Fiesta
kedar3223 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 19:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I've recently changed my gearshifter bush and it costed me 479rs. Attaching a pic of the bill including part number. Hope this helps

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_20200724_19035801.jpeg
Vishnu Shaji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 07:05   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Get the bush from local shop. Costs about 250 bucks. Get it changed from roadside mech. 1200/- is a rip off.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks