Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:39   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

Neel, which school do you go to? While my daughter is only 3 months old, I am thinking to send her to the same school, your ownership is right up there.

Your Fiesta brought back fond memories of my Figo. Could you please share where is the 6CD changer as well as the location of 2 tweeters?

Fantastic review
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Seriously, even though you don't drive, the amount of detailing you presented is fantastic. You took me back to my Ikon days. I was just 16 then and and we shifted from Esteem to Ikon. The 1.6 was a Josh machine. The 1.6 Fiesta just went on to better the Josh. The high revving Ford petrol is a pure bliss to drive.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:52   #33
BHPian

Kudos to your review!

I hope you get your license and start driving very soon...

I know Burdwan very well. It has the old world charm in certain places and there are tight lanes as well as unruly traffic.

Banerjee Ford people are very friendly. My hometown being Durgapur I have visited them couple of times for the TD of Figo for a friend.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:06   #34
BHPian

What a review Neel ! Rated 5 stars.
With your knowledge and enthusiasm, I truly wonder how you will wait for those 5 long years to get your DL.

Coming to the car, its a wonderful choice without doubt. I have driven the Fiesta 1.6 petrol of my friend and the acceleration is unreal. Though he does keep mentioning that the fuel needle can be seen falling in real time.

But for the serious petrol head, all that comes secondary.

Cheers !
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:09   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

How old are you? I thought the photo on the T-BHP handle was that of the writer's son!

Having a passion for cars at this young age isn't new but penning them so very well is clearly out of ordinary. Awesome, Neel. Awesome.

The Fiesta 1.6L P is a rocket indeed. Hope you get to drive it as soon as it's legally possible.

P.S: I wish you just call it the Ford Fiesta
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Your Fiesta brought back fond memories of my Figo. Could you please share where is the 6CD changer as well as the location of 2 tweeters?

Fantastic review
Even I was wondering when Ford put back the old-school 6-CD changer in the Classic, like the one in my 2007-manufactured sxi. I thought they'd replaced it with a single-CD MP3 player with the advent of the 1.6 S variant, and later in the Figo. The only gripe I have is that my 6 CD changer does not play MP3 songs, so I need to put in extra effort to burn CDs. And one can hardly buy any in the market these days.

The tweeters are located on the front doors, close to the A pillar. There's a picture of one on the first page, right behind the ORVM control knob.

Last edited by vnabhi : 3rd November 2015 at 12:14.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:12   #37
BHPian

Wonderful Neel, really wonderful.

It was a really joy to read through your thread. Your passion for cars clearly comes out. I have driven the Fiesta (now classic) both in diesel and petrol guises and it is really a brilliant car. Will give some of the newer cars more than a run for their money. As many has mentioned they don't make cars like these anymore.

So enjoy riding shotgun for now and i am sure you will be at the local RTO the day you turn 18 (I was).
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:23   #38
BHPian

Are you kidding me (no pun intended) !!

Neel, apologies if you think people's reaction to your tender age is a little overwhelming but since we have all been there (age-wise), we know what passion and a fabulous mind you have, to be able to (a) have a passion in the first place (b) live and drive that passion and (c) express it in a way that puts seasoned writers to shame. At such age! Kudos !

Also, convey regards of this community to your parents. Who clearly have been involved in your passion and are in sync with what you wish to pursue.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:44   #39
BHPian

Hey Neel !! Finally the much awaited Ownership Review of your Paprika Red Ford Classic comes on air on Team-BHP and that too makes it to the Homepage !! Needless to mention how well you have added bits and pieces of the puzzle and made it a pleasurable read with some good set of pictures. Kudos to you for penning it down "straight from the heart" as very few people can do that. Rating it a 5* to boost your morale and your passion for Cars and to manage time out of your schedule (school/ classes/ co-curricular) to write this review is commendable.

I would like to put a few points across as you mentioned you 'Don't Like' :
  • Stock tyres - Instead of investing in the spoilers you could have easily exchanged the stock tires with the ones you desire. Yoko A.Drive/ Earth 1 or Michelin XM2s would have come at an exchange price of Rs.1000-1500 per tyre.
  • Cabin feels narrow and cramped - Does it ? I think you are talking about the rear legroom here ...
  • Misses out on some features - Buying a car which is at the end of it's journey, this is ought to happen. Even I faced this issue when I bought my Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCi in 2009. But, I still feel that your's is not under-equipped. May be it's the "Yeh Dil Maange More" scenario with you

Sharing a Picture of your Ride from the TEAM-BHP Monsoon Meet (Kolkata Chapter) :
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-_mg_0088-3.jpg
Sorry for blurring you out in this picture

Neel .... would love to see you behind the wheel one day, in action !! I guess the day you get your DL, would be the D-Day for you in your life. Then the car will stop mattering to you and all that will matter is that you would be behind the wheel ... driving it. Got a glimpse of you behind the wheel of your ride during the TEAM-BHP Monsoon Meet (Kolkata Chapter) and just thought of sharing it here :
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-_mg_0093-2.jpg
Hope you would not mind it !!

Keep Revving Petrolhead !! God Bless !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:58   #40
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb review

Odd to see such a detailed review of a vehicle just as it is phased out.

It does suite ones requirement then why not. Ford should support for long, there are many on the road.

I have driven one around twisty hills and have loved it. Am sure you guys would enjoy this for a long while.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:53   #41
BHPian

Great review Neel. I am surprised by the flair of writing you have. Keep the enthusiasm high. Many more miles on the trip. The review seems of a newly launched car than phasing out one.
PapaBravo is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:43   #42
BHPian

Congratulations petrolhead_neel,

Wishing you a happy, peaceful and trouble free ownership experience.
Loved reading through the review, it was awesome.
I'm about to start my ownership thread and you have made my life difficult now. As it is, I need to do justice in my review to match TBHP standards but you guys keep raising the bar.

Kudos to you for a wonderful presentation
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Neel .... would love to see you behind the wheel one day, in action !! I guess the day you get your DL, would be the D-Day for you in your life. Then the car will stop mattering to you and all that will matter is that you would be behind the wheel ... driving it. Got a glimpse of you behind the wheel of your ride during the TEAM-BHP Monsoon Meet (Kolkata Chapter) and just thought of sharing it here :
Attachment 1434993
Hope you would not mind it !!

All said and done I still would not recommend you behind the wheel on the road until you hold a valid licence.. Though the maturity and the way the article is written is top notch that pic with you behind the wheel is not very pleasing.. Sorry for sounding rude.I think the primary purpose of the Team BHP as a group is to promote safe driving that would entail that all existing rules are followed. I believe many would acknowledge that!
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:51   #44
BHPian

Thank you very very much for writing such a detailed report on a legendary car that i desperately wish i owned.

Amazing, despite much water having flown down the ganges, this car evokes such sharp breaths and strong emotions.

A true legend and a modern classic, if there ever was.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

Wow Petrolhead_Neel, for someone who's still in highschool, this is one hell of an ownership report! Superb job presenting it so well.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What a joyous thread!
I know about the car, as do you, so I will not sing tales of her. You, my friend, though, are another matter.
So young, yet this ownership review could have been penned for,and paid for, by any of the leading auto mags!

Have great fun with a gem of a car. Its good enough for you to inherit it when you are allowed to drive, trust me. If you're so gung-ho about her now, wait till you floor it.

And do keep writing.
Thank you! And I will keep writing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Your clarity of thought, attention to detail and such a lucid style of writing belies your age. What a fantastic review! Very very nicely worded Neel.
Thanks! Even I wished for ACC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The last of a dying breed, congratulations are in order for buying one of the last few off the line
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Brilliant review and the choice of the car makes perfect sense to your handle.

Wish you and your family the best of driving fun with this little monster of a car!!
Thank you Sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Congratulations for the car, and for this lovely thread.

Your passion shines through your words and pictures, so it is no surprise that the SA remembered you!

My only wish for you is - I hope you grow up quickly enough to get your driving license and experience the Fiesta before it leaves your garage (not sure how many years to go for your DL).
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Arre kya baat karta hai tum?

As a fellow petrolhead, giving those inputs were the least I could've done.

Belated congratulations, nevertheless.
Thanks! Those inputs helped a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Wow, amazing write up, I am sure a lot of Team bhpians would recollect their childhood days for cars.

I am also happy to see that you have chosen the same color as mine and a few other in this forum. I still love my beast although its 8 years young.Take care of her and trust me she will always give you a smile or a grin with its power.
Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Welcome to the 1.6 Duratec gang, @petrolhead-neel. I was shocked to learn that you're still in your teens, as your many posts hitherto gave me an impression that you were a professional driver!
Thank you SIr. How is theRed Injun doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Superbly worded review of an awesome car!! Congrats on the acquisition Neel. Your review is very detailed with some very good pics. As mentioned by others the clarity of your thought and your love for the car shines through in the review. Many many happy miles with the car and hope you inherit it soon!!
Thank you and thanks again for the help via PMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Fantastic review of an equally fantastic car. Congratulations to you and your family for acquiring this wonderful American steed!

As for your chosen car, it's one of the best NA-powered cars ever made. All the negatives of the Classic (nee Fiesta) go out of the window once you turn on the engine. She drives, handles and behaves like a dream - one of the major quality which is missing in most of today's cars. Power, stability, road manners and performance which is second to none. They don't make engines like those anymore.

I hope she serves you and your family faithfully for many, many years to come. Rated thread a fully-deserved 5 stars!
Thank you Sir! Your Creta thread taught me a lot about writing ownership reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Congratulations Neel, and i must say, one heck of a write-up. You should seriously consider a career in auto journalism....at such a young age you already beat many so called professionals hands down. God Bless!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Awesome Neel!! You have a wonderful flair for writing and your ownership review is no less than an TBHP standard official review! Keep up the good work.

Srinath

P.S: Rated this thread 5 stars. I can feel the same automotive passion in you that I had during my teenage days (not that its changed much now).
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Amazing write-up and very detailed ownership review of one of the most iconic Ford's in Indian market.
Thank you Samrat Da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
For a moment, I will ignore the car. I'm stunned by the petrol-head spirit in you, your flair for writing and the maturity with which you have compiled this review. Way to go, my young friend! You have shown the way for the rest of us who are lazy to update our ownership threads frequently.
I thought the same too.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Fantastic write up Neel! A very comprehensive review indeed.
By the way I own the last 1.6 that was sold in Bangalore! Cheers mate!
Hope you grow up quickly and take the wheels of the car and enjoy her to the fullest!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Well Neel, I have to confess I that I thought I was reading stuff put up by a seasoned Auto Journo, such was the maturity of the language you have used. Kudos to you, My Young Friend. You have truly shown that age and experience come a distant second to passion when it comes to cars. Loved reading every line of the review and going through the supremely detailed pictures.

Regards
Premjit
Thank you Sir. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Vow man, what a review! Congrats Neel and wish you a enjoyable long miles and twisties - and grow up soon to get the license

There is something about Ford sedan owners - they all write good ownership reports!!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Neel, which school do you go to? While my daughter is only 3 months old, I am thinking to send her to the same school, your ownership is right up there.

Fantastic review
Thank you Sir! I will share the pics ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Seriously, even though you don't drive, the amount of detailing you presented is fantastic. You took me back to my Ikon days. I was just 16 then and and we shifted from Esteem to Ikon. The 1.6 was a Josh machine. The 1.6 Fiesta just went on to better the Josh. The high revving Ford petrol is a pure bliss to drive.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Kudos to your review!

I hope you get your license and start driving very soon...

I know Burdwan very well. It has the old world charm in certain places and there are tight lanes as well as unruly traffic.

Banerjee Ford people are very friendly. My hometown being Durgapur I have visited them couple of times for the TD of Figo for a friend.
Thanks! Hope to meet you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
What a review Neel ! Rated 5 stars.
With your knowledge and enthusiasm, I truly wonder how you will wait for those 5 long years to get your DL.

Cheers !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
How old are you? I thought the photo on the T-BHP handle was that of the writer's son!

Having a passion for cars at this young age isn't new but penning them so very well is clearly out of ordinary. Awesome, Neel. Awesome.

The Fiesta 1.6L P is a rocket indeed. Hope you get to drive it as soon as it's legally possible.

P.S: I wish you just call it the Ford Fiesta
Thanks! Even I love to call her Fiesta than Classic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Wonderful Neel, really wonderful.
It was a really joy to read through your thread. Your passion for cars clearly comes out. I have driven the Fiesta (now classic) both in diesel and petrol guises and it is really a brilliant car. Will give some of the newer cars more than a run for their money.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Are you kidding me (no pun intended) !!

Neel, apologies if you think people's reaction to your tender age is a little overwhelming but since we have all been there (age-wise), we know what passion and a fabulous mind you have, to be able to (a) have a passion in the first place (b) live and drive that passion and (c) express it in a way that puts seasoned writers to shame. At such age! Kudos !

Also, convey regards of this community to your parents. Who clearly have been involved in your passion and are in sync with what you wish to pursue.
Thanks! I would love to become a car designer or a rally driver someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey Neel !! Finally the much awaited Ownership Review of your Paprika Red Ford Classic comes on air on Team-BHP and that too makes it to the Homepage !! Needless to mention how well you have added bits and pieces of the puzzle and made it a pleasurable read with some good set of pictures. Kudos to you for penning it down "straight from the heart" as very few people can do that. Rating it a 5* to boost your morale and your passion for Cars and to manage time out of your schedule (school/ classes/ co-curricular) to write this review is commendable.

I would like to put a few points across as you mentioned you 'Don't Like' :
  • Stock tyres - Instead of investing in the spoilers you could have easily exchanged the stock tires with the ones you desire. Yoko A.Drive/ Earth 1 or Michelin XM2s would have come at an exchange price of Rs.1000-1500 per tyre.
  • Cabin feels narrow and cramped - Does it ? I think you are talking about the rear legroom here ...
  • Misses out on some features - Buying a car which is at the end of it's journey, this is ought to happen. Even I faced this issue when I bought my Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCi in 2009. But, I still feel that your's is not under-equipped. May be it's the "Yeh Dil Maange More" scenario with you

[/i]

Thanks! Not changing the tires was a bad mistake. ANd the want for features is simply "Yeh dil maange more!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Superb review

Odd to see such a detailed review of a vehicle just as it is phased out.

It does suite ones requirement then why not. Ford should support for long, there are many on the road.

I have driven one around twisty hills and have loved it. Am sure you guys would enjoy this for a long while.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Great review Neel. I am surprised by the flair of writing you have. Keep the enthusiasm high. Many more miles on the trip. The review seems of a newly launched car than phasing out one.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Congratulations petrolhead_neel,

Wishing you a happy, peaceful and trouble free ownership experience.
Loved reading through the review, it was awesome.
I'm about to start my ownership thread and you have made my life difficult now. As it is, I need to do justice in my review to match TBHP standards but you guys keep raising the bar.

Kudos to you for a wonderful presentation
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
All said and done I still would not recommend you behind the wheel on the road until you hold a valid licence.. Though the maturity and the way the article is written is top notch that pic with you behind the wheel is not very pleasing.. Sorry for sounding rude.I think the primary purpose of the Team BHP as a group is to promote safe driving that would entail that all existing rules are followed. I believe many would acknowledge that!
Be assured Sir, I have never even touched the wheel on a public road, let alone drive. My parents won't let me drive her before I turn 18. Whatever driving experience I have is on closed circuits with no people around and a very limited speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Thank you very very much for writing such a detailed report on a legendary car that i desperately wish i owned.

Amazing, despite much water having flown down the ganges, this car evokes such sharp breaths and strong emotions.

A true legend and a modern classic, if there ever was.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fantastic review of a fantastic car, thanks for sharing Neil . Congratulations on owning a special breed - the type of sedan which few manufacturers are building today. 1.6L petrol (in an era of <1.5), hydraulic steering (in a market dominated by EPS) and clean styling (in this time of weird sub-4 meter sedans).

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd November 2015 at 17:55. Reason: broken quote fixed
petrolhead_neel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks