Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 15:09   #16
BHPian

Re: My American Love - Diamond White Ford Fiesta TDCi

Wow. Such a nice review. Not only was it detailed, it also felt as if I was connecting with the car as I went through your review.

I have had an infatuations for Ford since I was a schoolboy, and that was all thanks to Mondeo. Clean lines, black interiors, solid build. I did dream of owning such a car in my life.

Fiesta took some time to have the same desirability but after the facelift, it did look handsome. Too bad that it won't be there in the showrooms when I might to go for an upgrade from my Polo maybe a couple of years down the line (hopefully).

We have seen passionate reviews for Linea as well but there is something about Fiesta which makes it more complete - maybe it provides good quality inside out with all the features you need while maintaining good service and brilliant dynamics.

I particularly like your car in white. Looks very well maintained. And wish you lots of trouble-free mile munching with a wide smile on your face.
vivekz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:17   #17
BHPian

Awesome write-up and detailing. It is obvious that you would find the Fiesta underpowered after using the Vento. Get it remapped and its torque would get increased by 40% and bhp by 20%. I guess then you will have a complete package that no other car can beat.
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:49   #18
BHPian

Lovely ownership review, loved it! Very detailed (though slightly longish) but had everything that I, for one, wanted to know about this car.

This car was in my sights as my next change sometime next year, but its unfortunate that Ford India has decided to pull the plug on it. Ford has to fill some really big boots to replace this exiting Fiesta, and lets hope that happens soon!
arch_hornet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 16:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
What has been the experience of other Ford owners?
I do not know about earlier Ford cars but the current crop of products are pretty reliable like Ecosport or new Fiesta. We have so many Ecosport owners who have completed 50-60k kms and are munching miles happily, the dealership where i go to is very honest and never pushes extra things to mint money. Toyota is reliable but the same can not be said for Honda now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Best wishes with your Machine coolboy007. The ownership report was immaculate covering all the minute details of the American dream.
Thanks for your kind words Arindam, this review was straight from my heart and it is all thank to the Fiesta which has shown me what a true Ford is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xTKB View Post
I'm pressing him hard to go for it instead of Figo Aspire. I'll show him your review. Thank you for the brilliant review, written like a true driving enthusiast.
Thanks, it would be hard to convince your friend since not every one wants to buy a car which has been discontinued but one long drive of this car and your friend would not be able to settle for the Aspire if he can manage with the low rear seat space of Fiesta, this car just does not feel like a c segment sedan out on the open roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
Its just disappointing and sad that there are not too many lovers in the country to actually feel and know what this car is capable off.
Thanks Lakshman, driver oriented cars really do not do well in our country and it is a hard fact. 4-5% of buyers care for driving fun or dynamics while the rest are busy in arai claimed mileage figures. I wish Ford brings a retuned version with a 1.0 Ecoboost and improved power figures for TDCi, if Fiat can manage with Linea selling 150-200 units/month, Ford India is in a much better condition to atleast find 400-500 homes for this car every month with right pricing and right marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
I particularly like your car in white. Looks very well maintained. And wish you lots of trouble-free mile munching with a wide smile on your face.
Thanks a lot, choosing between Linea/Fiesta is very tough as i own both of these cars and both are beautiful to drive. Linea is a bit family oriented as well and a bit lethargic in changing lanes owing to its sheer bulk and size whereas the Ford is always on its toes to have fun, it is the 1.4 TJET that is one super fun to drive Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Awesome write-up and detailing. It is obvious that you would find the Fiesta underpowered after using the Vento. Get it remapped and its torque would get increased by 40% and bhp by 20%. I guess then you will have a complete package that no other car can beat.
Thanks mate, the remap is coming very soon once i complete 20,000 kms and get done with the third service. 1.5 TDCi is a good engine but does not suit the handling characteristics of this car, time to talk to some remap suppliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch hornet
Lovely ownership review, loved it! Very detailed (though slightly longish) but had everything that I, for one, wanted to know about this car.
Thanks a lot, i know the review went on a bit longer than i had expected it to be but i just penned down every thing i wanted to. It is sad that they discontinued this product, hope Ford has some good plans for a new c segment car else it would be sheer stupidity to not have a single product in the entire c segment.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 7th September 2015 at 16:11.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 16:25   #20
BHPian

Beautiful review. The birthday of your 'American Love' is the same as mine
Handling and Steering - in these two areas, the Fiesta can give a run for money to many cars which are more expensive than it.
It's only the lower price and the 'insane' torque and higher power on tap that made me choose the Rapid (1.6 TDI of course) over the Fiesta last year.

- Same as Vento, good ride which gets a bit bouncy at high speeds, average brakes and a dead steering but still it was miles better than Honda City in all these departments.

Quite surprising because I have found the Rapid to be 'at home' at high speeds with strong confidence inspiring brakes. Steering...

- Ford's service support is 1 lakh times better than VW/Skoda.

You must be really lucky to get such awesome service from Ford. Two of my close friends in Mumbai have been facing unreliable service throughout their ownerships of the Classic. Not that Skoda or VW is any better, but Ford service is no Maruti or Hyundai or Toyota at least in here.

- This car was officially declared a flop, both by market and now by its parent Ford who left no stone unturned to kill the Fiesta tag. I knew people would question my decision but i really do not give a damn to these things, bought a Linea in 2009 and still enjoy driving that car. It is built to last and keeps doing its duty beautifully.

It's sad that two (Linea & Fiesta) of the best driver's cars in <15L segment are suffering because of their manufacturer's lacklustre attitude.
If only they had done justice in terms of unleashing the engines a bit more and a sensible marketing approach.
But kudos to you for listening to your heart and wish you thousands of happy miles.
And one last thing...your garage has a Linea, an Ecosport, a Vento and a Fiesta - you get all all my respect sir for being a true car guy.

Mod note: Post edited. Smileys are limited to 2 per post. Please go through the forum rules before posting any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th September 2015 at 16:36. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
mrinmoy_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 16:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
What has been the experience of other Ford owners?
My experience is limited as I bought a pre-owned Figo only 7 months back. There was one issue I faced so far where the Check Engine light would come on for a few seconds, intermittently. They didn't find any issue mechanically. It took multiple visits to resolve this issue, but they didn't try to push for replacing any part. In fact they seemed reluctant to replace the suspected part unless as a last resort. They kept trying to fix it. As the issue kept coming up after few days, they finally replaced the relay. The problem has not recurred after that, so I hope it is resolved permanently.

I can't comment on their competence, since my own knowledge is too little to judge them, but I felt they were working honestly and did their best to resolve the issue without any unnecessary replacements.

Apart from this, the car has been running well and have faced no issues.
JonSnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 18:50   #22
BHPian

Congrats bro on your new ride. Fiesta is one of the few driver's car available, which is unfortunately going out of production. I wonder why Fiat Linea wasnt on your list, as that car would also have ticked all the boxes.

Update: Went through the complete post and realised that you already have a linea, my bad.

Last edited by Waspune : 7th September 2015 at 18:53.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 19:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant review coolboy! Well worth the wait. Excellent pictures as well. The white shows the lines of the Fiesta quite well.

You have touched upon everything about the Fiesta here and the highlight of your thread is the ownership comparison of the Ford with the others in the C segment. I don't think there are many here with that many machines from the C segment in the same garage.

Keep having fun!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 20:34   #24
BHPian

Brilliant write-up coolboy!

As a Figo owner probably I could connect to your emotions towards Ford's DNA - Handling! First thing I did after reading your review is just called up Ford dealer and enquired about Fiesta! He told me Titanium is available for test drive and will cost me 12L OTR! No discounts offered
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 22:30   #25
BHPian

Hi coolboy, the ownership review is quite well put together, like the Fiesta itself. My compliments.

Do identify with almost all that you stated.

I still find hard to believe that the car is being discontinued. Hope Ford will come out with something equally outstanding.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 04:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoy_s View Post
Quite surprising because I have found the Rapid to be 'at home' at high speeds with strong confidence inspiring brakes. Steering...
On normal level expressways, Rapid/Vento behave perfectly well and the solid build just does not let you feel the speeds you are doing but the nose bobs up/down over undulations and this spoils the fun a little, the brakes are good but for that insane torque on offer, they lack that bite and pedal feedback.

Quote:
Not that Skoda or VW is any better, but Ford service is no Maruti or Hyundai or Toyota at least in here.
More than dealerships, my complaint is with VW. VW/Skoda are too stingy when it comes to warranty replacements - 6 month warranty for suspension/brakes is a joke. VW very well knows that injectors in 1.6 TDi are faulty but they are waiting for people to get stranded rather than being pro active and issue a recall , my Vento has been pretty unreliable as well.

Quote:
And one last thing...your garage has a Linea, an Ecosport, a Vento and a Fiesta - you get all all my respect sir for being a true car guy
Thanks for your kind words buddy and you have also made me realize that it is time to move on to the higher segment when i buy a car next. Have my eyes set on the BMW 3 series when the time comes for an upgrade now, drove one and madly in love with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Update: Went through the complete post and realised that you already have a linea, my bad.
Thanks, as i said i did not have much choice in this c segment race. I already had Vento & Linea so it was the Fiesta that naturally fit my bill, there was no other worthy alternative apart from Skoda Rapid and Honda City was a huge disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I don't think there are many here with that many machines from the C segment in the same garage.
Keep having fun!
, thanks buddy. I have learnt after driving hatchbacks as well as these compact suv's that i am a sedan person for life, i can not drive cars with high seating position or high ground clearance. Planning to do some real upgrade next year, either a new D segment sedan or a pre worshipped BMW 3 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Hi coolboy, the ownership review is quite well put together, like the Fiesta itself. My compliments.
Thanks a lot, it is hard to digest this fact but it seems that Ford has ultimately killed this car and they left no stone unturned to do it. They could have easily managed 400-500 units per month with proper advertising and pr, if Fiat can manage with Linea selling 200 units a month, Ford was in a much better position here after the success of Ecosport but they just did not care.

Hope they bring out a DCT with 1.0 Ecoboost and relaunch this car some where down the line, Honda has managed to turn the Jazz around so it is not impossible, Aspire is a success, Figo will be a hit and the new Endeavour also looks very promising.
Old 8th September 2015, 07:30   #27
BHPian

As someone who has owned three Fords; Ikon 1.3, 1.6 and Fiesta S, I am in complete agreement with your assessment of the new (now dead) Fiesta diesel. I had taken a test drive of that and the Vento 1.6 diesel and found the former to be much more responsive and with vastly superior ride and handling, though with lesser power.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 08:57   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review of a brilliant car. Congratulations.

Absolutely fail to understand why Ford has pulled the plug on this. Since they have products like Ecosport, Aspire and the new Figo to pull in volumes, they should have kept this car running. With some good marketing, it could have pulled in decent numbers monthly. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in Ford India's marketing office. Restricting Ecosport supplies, relaunching the Fiesta with diesel only at a time when petrols and AT's were making a comeback, cold marketing and time lags for the Aspire launch and finally killing the Fiesta.

Nice garage- Linea, Vento and the Fiesta. You are the complete opposite to what is expected of an Indian car buyer. If you were a typical Indian buyer, that garage would have been City, Verna and Ciaz
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 12:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thanks a lot, it is hard to digest this fact but it seems that Ford has ultimately killed this car and they left no stone unturned to do it. They could have easily managed 400-500 units per month with proper advertising and pr, if Fiat can manage with Linea selling 200 units a month, Ford was in a much better position here after the success of Ecosport but they just did not care.

Hope they bring out a DCT with 1.0 Ecoboost and relaunch this car some where down the line, Honda has managed to turn the Jazz around so it is not impossible, Aspire is a success, Figo will be a hit and the new Endeavour also looks very promising.
Read recently that Ford has sold 4k-5k Aspires in August. Hope it is correct. I cannot help feeling that in showrooms if Ford just had make Fiesta stand by the side of Aspire, would have sold 400-500 Fiesta without much effort.
Old 8th September 2015, 12:58   #30

hey coolboy, just went through your excellent review, rated a well deserved 5 stars. I also have a Fiesta, although a 2013 model. Was wondering, have you hooked up an OBD scanner to your Fiesta? I had a question, so if you have one and can verify one thing for me, I would be greatful.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks