Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 15:17   #16
BHPian

Re: The Blue Oval comes home - Ford Figo Aspire TDCi Titanium

Congratulations on your purchase. The car looks amazing in this color.
I also echo the same feedback about the instrument dials. During my TD I found them to be a little on the small size.
Apart from that I love the car and especially the engine. When driving you will not realise how quickly the needle climbs and in no time you are driving at triple digits.
All the best. Drive safe and keep updating this thread.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:46   #17
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks KreativeGeek for a detailed review. It is better to go for 3rd year extended warranty. Happy and Safe Motoring.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:05   #18
BHPian

@ KreativeGeek
Congratulations on bringing home Ford Figo Aspire. Very aptly you have listed down real time review of Aspire in Day to day driving. Happy to see that Aspire fulfill your requirements for upgrading from Hatchback to Compact Sedan.

Last edited by GTO : 19th September 2015 at 12:18. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 16:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. Nicely written up review with the pics too. The color looks different in bright / sun light when compared to it's color in shade . Wishing you many thousands of happy miles with your new companion. And a 17 KMPL FE for a new car - this is really good. I am pretty sure it will increase later as well.

Did you, by any chance, try a TD of the auto before you made the decision?
I was looking to switch to an AT hatchback last year but did not consider that option for CS segment so I did not TD Aspire petrol AT.
Old 15th September 2015, 17:37   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Reading the subject line 'blue-oval' I was expecting this car to be in blue but your color choice surprised me. You will be among the chosen few with this snazzy colored aspire. Wish you many happy miles!
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 18:18   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new possession. Looks lovely in this color which IMO goes well with the interiors.

And the review has been excellent and photographs quite elaborate. My best wishes.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 19:24   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride KreativeGeek. Wishing you thousands of haapy and safe miles on this car.

You must already be loving the steering on the Aspire vis-a-vis your Beat. The beat though is a lovely car to drive in the city.
Looking at the Aspire, I think that there is scope of an up size on the tires or maybe move to 15 inch rims ?
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 19:55   #23

Congratulations on the new purchase. The car looks handsome in every angle.

We haven't seen many reviews/pics of the Aspire on this forum. Yous is the second one i guess. I haven't seen a single car on Hyderabad roads yet even though Aug sales figure show a very healthy 5K+ !!

I am surprised to see Ford has swapped the indicator & wiper stalks to the "asian" standard. They should have left them as they were IMO.

It would be great if you can share a pic of you phone in the dock

Heres wishing you thousands of miles & smiles in your new ride
happy_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 20:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_traveller View Post

We haven't seen many reviews/pics of the Aspire on this forum. Yous is the second one i guess. I haven't seen a single car on Hyderabad roads yet even though Aug sales figure show a very healthy 5K+ !!

I am surprised to see Ford has swapped the indicator & wiper stalks to the "asian" standard. They should have left them as they were IMO.

It would be great if you can share a pic of you phone in the dock

Heres wishing you thousands of miles & smiles in your new ride
Yes, it's second review after user witwiky, I am used to the 'Asian' standard indicator and wiper stalks so not inconvenienced by the current placement.

Talking about visibility of this car, I have not seen enough in Pune too, and this is kind of encouraging feeling for early adopters because your ride stands out noticeably from the crowd and with a competitive product like this it always feels good to share our ownership experience.

Ganesh Chaturthi, Navratri and Diwali festivals are on the anvil, let's hope to see more Figo Aspire's plying on city roads in coming days!

I would put a pic with the phone in use with MyDock panel shortly.
Old 15th September 2015, 21:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:

That was precisely my question to the Ford rep when she told me that the sales were good for the month. I also have not seen a single Aspire on the road.

When I went for the TD, I placed my Note 3 in the dock on the top of the dash and it did fit. I did not drive with the phone in the dock though but it was held securely in place.
Old 16th September 2015, 10:05   #26
BHPian

Congratulations KreativeGeek on your new purchase. And Thanks for posting an ownership review. Despite so many launches happening (past and future), it is nice to know that you were convinced to make your purchase. I am yet to decide between Elite I20 and Ford Aspire 1.5 Titanium though i am inclined towards Aspire. Also the new forthcoming launches is making me wait for some more time. The colour that you have chosen looks quite young , bubbly and fresh.

BTW saw Aspire (White) on the road for the first time in Hyderabad.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:50   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Background

Bajaj Allianz Insurance (Via Ford) Rs.27,553

Before availing insurance policy from dealer I also checked online quote from Bajaj Allianz which was very close to the price dealer was offering me hence I did not go for independent policy purchase.
Congrats on the new car. Curios to see how it is received in the market compared to Dzires and Amazes.

Working in the insurance industry and owning a broking firm, I can vouch to you that you won't ever find much difference between a dealer quote and the quote from an insurance company website. At the most, one can get 20% discount directly.

I had a funny incident recently when a Hyundai dealer quoted me almost the same amount as yours for my Elite i20 but then since I was from the industry, I got it done from my sources and the premium I paid for the same cover was just less than half of what was quoted. Even the sales agent didn't know that the dealer was pocketing the difference. Hence, my only request to you next time is to do a bit more research if you would like to save at least 10000 on insurance alone.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:12   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
That was precisely my question to the Ford rep when she told me that the sales were good for the month. I also have not seen a single Aspire on the road.

When I went for the TD, I placed my Note 3 in the dock on the top of the dash and it did fit. I did not drive with the phone in the dock though but it was held securely in place.
Hi BigBen, which showroom did you visit and which engine did you TD? Do they have all the engine options for TD there ? I am planning for a TD soon (once i get free from work by next week hopefully ) and Tolichowki showroom is the closest one for me.

Its surprising that I could not spot a single car in the IT side of the city and also none in my office parking lot - i usually spot almost every new car in my office parking lot within a week. i am planning to go on a recce on friday afternoon to cover all the 8 floors of parking to try my luck spotting one

Ford marketing team seriously has to wake up - they have such a competent product on hands. Hopefully the festive season helps in picking up the sales.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Congrats on the new car. Curios to see how it is received in the market compared to Dzires and Amazes.

Working in the insurance industry and owning a broking firm, I can vouch to you that you won't ever find much difference between a dealer quote and the quote from an insurance company website. At the most, one can get 20% discount directly.

I had a funny incident recently when a Hyundai dealer quoted me almost the same amount as yours for my Elite i20 but then since I was from the industry, I got it done from my sources and the premium I paid for the same cover was just less than half of what was quoted. Even the sales agent didn't know that the dealer was pocketing the difference. Hence, my only request to you next time is to do a bit more research if you would like to save at least 10000 on insurance alone.
I agree on this, consumers always stand to benefit with little deep research and effective bargaining skills put to use, when I spoke to Bajaj Allianz agent directly he was offering around max Rs 1500-1700 discount only against price quoted by dealer. When I tried to push him for more discount he started ranting his sales pitch so I left it there.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BigBen, which showroom did you visit and which engine did you TD? Do they have all the engine options for TD there ? I am planning for a TD soon (once i get free from work by next week hopefully ) and Tolichowki showroom is the closest one for me.

Ford marketing team seriously has to wake up - they have such a competent product on hands. Hopefully the festive season helps in picking up the sales.
I did the TD from Fortune Ford in Towlichoki. They had all the variants of the Aspire on display in the showroom. I am sure they have a petrol version available for TD as well. I went for a TD of the diesel one and that's what was readily available. So go check it out. I am sure you will be bowled over by the engine.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks