Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 11:19   #16
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Great preview S2! Finally a worthy competitor to the Fortuner will arrive soon.

My friend owned one of the initial Endeavor's and I remember always enjoying the drive. If the preview is anything to go by (which am sure it is), the new generation Endeavor should be amazing. Ford does seem to be aggressively trying to correct it's strategy in India unlike it's American counterpart Chevy.

Should be a very interesting segment to track with Everest / Endeavor and Fortuner along with the Chevy and Pajero in the 25 lac "SUV" battle.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 11:33   #17
BHPian

I really hope they price 4x2 2.2Ltr version near to 20L. I am thinking to change my innova next year and I am in love with this SUV's looks.

How is the middle seat compared to Innova?
How bad third row seats are?
Old 7th September 2015, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

That is one good looking SUV! Refreshing to see a clean design without any weird chrome mustaches / tails.

I am totally in love with it and if I was in the market for a capable SUV, would have gone for it just to wake up every morning and look at it lying in my porch. Sweet!

Hope they price it well!
Old 7th September 2015, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Excellent review. I had seen a video of the Endeavours review online and was really impressed. A thorough review here confirms the same.

At this point a lot of prospective buyers might be looking forward to the new Fortuner and hence timing the Endeavour with a good sticker price will really do well for Ford. And Kudos to Ford for sticking to their guns about designing the SUVs like an SUV should be and not like the other "softer" ones !
anand_lukose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 12:21   #20
Team-BHP Support

Up until now, the choices for those looking to buy a big-brute body-on-frame SUV were limited to the hopelessly overpriced and utilitarian Toyota Fortuner. The Pajero Sport is another option for those willing to risk buying a vehicle from a maker whose presence in the market is slowly diminishing. This new Endeavor will change that, but Ford will have to consciously undercut the Fortuner's price tag without deleting equipment, if they desire to make any impact! Leather on the dashboard, panoramic sunroof, 20" wheels and electric tail-gate / 3rd row are features I'd love to see as standard equipment or as options at the very least! The ball is in your Court, Ford!
suhaas307 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 12:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Looks stunning to me. If priced right I would want to see this beast parked in my garage replacing the ageing Innova.
My only wish is 2.2L 4x4 with AT which I know is not an option.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:36   #22
BHPian

What I see out there is a supremely comfortable and capable off-roader. The watts linkage is the real sweet thing to have. Let's hope it doesn't become a victim of cost cutting in the India spec model.
This car looks really good and SUV like.
The Pajero sport just had its job made tougher. Whether or not Endavour will be able to fight it out with the fortuner depends on the pricing.
An attentive eye out for the 5 cylinder...
Old 7th September 2015, 12:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

The upcoming Fortuner and the Pajero Sport are way too funky in design terms and people who have always loved the current butch Fortuner will absolutely without doubt choose the Endeavor over its competitors.

Ford is about to make a solid comeback and how!

For whoever is expecting it to be priced right, the word right being up for debate, I would think under no circumstances will Ford price this below 25L ex-showroom - this for the Base version.
Old 7th September 2015, 13:22   #24
BHPian

WOW! Wasn't expecting this preview! Kudos to the team!!

Great effort by Ford in keeping the looks really neat!! If I am in the market looking for an SUV in future, I would most probably settle for the New Endeavor for the looks alone!
vinair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrikon_454 View Post
I'm not a fan of chrome, but the over-dosage of it does not look unappealing. Overall, a sophisticated, macho look that will attract attention on road.
I think chrome bits are essential to break the monotony of huge proportions this car has. But yes, chrome bits do look garish on small cars. Coming to new Endy, the car does look smashing. Ford has been successful in retaining the big, butch, boxy looks while still incorporating some bits of curves. This should be a good-seller, if priced competitively to Fortuner.
Old 7th September 2015, 14:11   #26
BHPian

Wow!! Great Job Ford

It has all the features a proper SUV should have, Body on frame, Butch looks, Full time 4X4.
Ford has done an excellent job with the product. Now if they price is at par with Fortuner or lesser, Toyota has to run for money.

I would definitely sell my Fortuner and buy this if priced below 32 Lakhs OTR.
But I have a feeling this will touch 40L OTR in Bangalore.
Old 7th September 2015, 14:36   #27
BHPian

What a review , S2! I am so sure, that this butch truck is going to give Fortuner a run for its money.
New Pajero and Chevy Trailblazer, will be left miles away in contention for a Spot even in Top 3 Premium SUV's!

Cant wait
adik1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 15:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

This is a gorgeous car. I'm not a fan of how the next gen Fortuner has turned out from the outside styling. The Endeavour on the other hand is PERFECT.

One Q. I only saw a D mode, not even an S. Separately, does it come with paddle shifts? I remember seeing some pic elsewhere where I thought I saw a hint of paddle shifts but couldn't be sure.
Old 7th September 2015, 15:42   #29
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2015 at 12:39.
y2ksrs is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th September 2015, 16:00   #30
BHPian

Wow! This looks absolutely fantastic!

I was in the market for an SUV around the beginning of 2016, and was considering the new Merc GLE, but this just looks so stunning, I might change my mind!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks