Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 01:35   #46
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Looks stunning to me. If priced right I would want to see this beast parked in my garage replacing the ageing Innova.
My only wish is 2.2L 4x4 with AT which I know is not an option.
Its available in Indonesia, If we're lucky we might get it here as well.

http://www.ford.co.id/en/suvs/all-ne.../models#step=1
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 02:03   #47
BHPian

I really like how this all new Endeavour looks and defeats my perception of an ugly looking car. I really thought after looking at the earlier images that this is going to be one of the ugliest cars available. Not anymore.

This car is loaded with some really good class-leading features which could make the customers have a look at it. I think Ford should concentrate on marketing this car also, like they did for the Ecosport. This car has a potential to give the mighty Fortuner a good competition, if Ford looks after the marketing and after sales service costs. I believe Fords are one of the expensive cars to maintain in the long run!

The interiors are way much better than the Fortuner and so is the equipment. However, let's see what Toyota has in it's basket for the Fortuner and only that can decide the fortune of the Endeavour .

But still, a good marketing campaign is deserved by the all-new Endeavour!
Old 8th September 2015, 09:44   #48
Team-BHP Support

This looks like a proper [pukka] body on frame SUV. I personally would give appliance/cross like looking other SUV's a miss in this range if I were in the market to buy one. Other contenders don't pull heartstrings the way this mighty Ford does.

Not one design element is out of place. See this in your IRVM/ORVM and give way to it. The only upgrade to this would be a F-150.

Ford has been reliable, ASC is decent [have had 4 years experience] and best part is the customer care listens to you/complaint. This is the only proper upgrade to my 4WD S10 if & when I do, in black if I may add.

Features will be the key to its pricing. You can't have all features at the ex-Endevour's price.

And the preview is as good as the car. Has all the necessary details & insights
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 11:09   #49
AWD
BHPian

Thanks for the visual treat OP. I would have missed so much detail even if I were to checkout in flesh. I was waiting for this upgrade since long, also hope Ford will price sensibly like Eco-sport, Aspire.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 11:16   #50
BHPian

Nice. Hope we get Manual transmission option with low range and lockable/limited slip diffs.
Old 8th September 2015, 11:21   #51
BHPian

Awesome preview S2 and yet another entry into the Team-BHP reference vault, absolutely the best library for cars in the virtual world . Though the overall package seems really good, the front grill looks totally out of place and looks stuck on like the work of a bad make-up artist . Just my thoughts.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 12:10   #52
BHPian

Amazing preview S2! A preview is almost like a movie trailer before the full movie. Only, case of T-BHP previews, the wait for the movie is a lot more difficult

As GTO pointed out, the war for 25-35 lakh+ SUV market surely hots up - Fortuner, Pajero, Endevour & Trail Blazer.

Ford's timing on this one is right and they seem to have the right drive train mix as well. The 3.2 L, 5 cylinder will be the real differentiator as all the other 3 have less than 3 L engines and are all 4 pot motors.

The way I see it, Fortuner will continue to hold on to its top slot thanks to a large fan and customer base. The Endevour will slot in to second spot, leaving the other 2 to fight out for 3rd and 4th.

Excellent preview again S2! Its about time T-BHP went international - thanks to this level of detailing and quality!
Aragorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 14:20   #53
BHPian

Very very good preview S2!!! I guess after this there is no reason to do another official review for this car. Just mention what features are deleted/added (if any) to the Indian version and that's all. Really well done.

Regarding the car, well this is the only car that can give Fortuner some serious competition and if the new Fortuner in flesh look as bad as on the internet, this can well be the suv to buy in that segment. Loaded with features and good driveability, this can be the game changer if priced right. But there is a very little chance of that happening specially after launch of Creta and scross.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 14:54   #54
BHPian

An excellent preview and visual treat! Loved every bit of the details shown in the pics. If priced well and competitive to new Fortuner, it will be another 1000+ copies per month SUV on the other side of 20 Lakh price band. Can't wait for the launch!
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 15:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Superb vehicle. Definitely a strong contender for my next SUV as and when the Storme ages. Also heard from a source that the base model could be priced a shade under 20 Lakhs ex-showroom ( say something like 19.99 )
Old 8th September 2015, 16:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

I thought ford skipped a generation of the Endeavour when I saw this thing at first. (Just like the Elantra) But Ford hasn't. This gen looks so contemporary unlike the last two generations in India.

It looks to me as if Ford's designers have started from a clean slate, and not looked to improve on the old endeavour.

Just two questions:
  • Any news on the transmission options India will get?
  • Will the Indian car get 7 airbags? (I just hope it does)
  • What is the kerb weight?

Ford better get thing into the showrooms quickly before Toyota gets the fortuner in. That way, they'll have a massive first-mover advantage.

BTW,
Don't try this at home:
Monocoques will bend and flex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

And this was Ford's surprise...

A 100% functional Everest literally cut open for R&D (and now demonstration) purposes:

Old 8th September 2015, 16:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Superb vehicle. Definitely a strong contender for my next SUV as and when the Storme ages. Also heard from a source that the base model could be priced a shade under 20 Lakhs ex-showroom ( say something like 19.99 )

Yeah, I also got the same starting price hint from a source working in a Ford dealership. Finers crossed
Old 8th September 2015, 16:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
You got to kidding! 19.9 lac Ex showroom for an SUV that is of mammoth size, superb engines, and long list of Safety and other features and over all with just 20% localisation. 20 lac ex showroom is highly unlikely. The current gen bare basic Endeavour cost 22.5 lacs ex showroom, expecting an all new one below this price would need something very special from Ford.
Old 8th September 2015, 16:42   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Monocoques will bend and flex.
I doubt this will be true across all manufacturers , during one of BMW events , these guys demonstrated something similar on X5 to show rigidity of chassis
Old 8th September 2015, 21:16   #60
BHPian

S2 a fabulous detailed preview, so much so that I have watched lot of video reviews but none comes closer to the details listed by you guys. That's what I believe is still the strength of having a written review rather than a video review. Capturing such details in video is possible but then one review of a car easily will take at least half an hour.

Now let's talk about the mean machine, on what I simply adore (which most of the BHPians will concur):

- Butch look in the front & makes it definitely most gorgeous looking SUV till date.
- Amazing alloys.
- Third row seating is better than the previous generation.
- Interiors (that's where a person spends most of the time) is simply no nonsense layout with loads of cubby holes.
- Sliding second row seat is the best feature offered at the moment.
- Potent Engine options with 4X4 capabilities.

Last but not least, I fell in love with it's looks in just one glance

I have to start saving (or earning more) to get this one in another one year time when i need to change my existing car
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed