Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 08:33   #631
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
[/list]For a new / in demand car, the dealerships quote insane low prices as they don't have to negotiate. I had this problem when I got my Swift evaluated against the Ecosport; the quote was easily less than a lakh I would have got in the market.

For a car as niche as the Acquarius Blue 1.6S, I request you pass it to someone who deserves and treats it like it should be. And you may be benefited with some extra cash too. If I was in Bangy, I may have lined up.

How much has your car run so far?
It's a tad less than 68000K. And about 7 years and 4 months old. Yes it's been a phenomenal companion. Absolute pleasure to drive. Will be hard to part with it.

Last edited by ssriram75 : 25th January 2016 at 08:35.
ssriram75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 09:56   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thanks for sharing.
This is the exact reason I do not want beige interior.

I hope Ford learns from Honda,Toyota and several other brands and decides to provide us with full black interiors
While I do agree that black is easier to maintain, majority in India still prefer beige. Many view beige as premium. While it would not have have hurt Ford to offer all black interiors on some colour combination, I believe it is mainly because the market for black is quite small, which is the reason why Ford has given it a miss.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 09:58   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post

Main problem (for tall drivers) is the roofline is very low. Sat in the 4x2 without moon/sunroof and found that there was only about 1.25 cms of clearance above my head with the seat in mid-height position. You have to lower the seat down even more for head clearance, thus resulting in a more obstructed view of the road - almost the same as the Fortuner.

Cannot believe that the Australians designed this car when they are one of the tallest populations in the world - and hardly any headroom for drivers??!
I completely agree and was really surprised by this aspect as well. I am 6'1" and I had only about 1 cm of headroom between the top of my head and the roof on the model with Sunroof. This is with the seat in the average position. I generally like to keep the seat in the highest position for better overall back support and in this position my head was almost touching the roof. The roof line comes into the field of peripheral vision and this is quite irritating and claustrophobic. This and the fact that the rear seats are quite low relative to the floor are my two biggest grouses with the vehicle, which I think are quite important in day to day use as compared to endless list of 4X4 features.
Old 25th January 2016, 10:11   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
It's a tad less than 68000K. And about 7 years and 4 months old. Yes it's been a phenomenal companion. Absolute pleasure to drive. Will be hard to part with it.
Please don't make the mistake of asking Ford Assured, Ford's Used Car network to evaluate and estimate your Fiesta. You'll feel like slapping the guy for the rock bottom price they quote.

My 2009 Dec Fiesta 1.6L ZXi (52000 Kms done) was valuated for 2.2L by them. I sold it for 3L to an individual buyer. I just had to give a copy of the RC book showing the name transfer and Ford will be sending the Exchange Bonus cheque to me.

FYI, the exchange bonus benefits are gone for the Aspire itself in Jan. There'll be ZERO chances for it being given for the Endy in 2016 going by current waiting periods
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 12:39   #635
BHPian

One more question - XUV models say FWD (front wheel drive). Can I assume that 4x2 in Endy is also a front wheel drive?

If it is rear wheel drive in the Endy, is it better than a FWD? Ford website says Driveline 4x2 - I could not figure out if Endy is FWD or not.
Old 25th January 2016, 12:49   #636
BHPian

Quote:
One more question - XUV models say FWD (front wheel drive). Can I assume that 4x2 in Endy is also a front wheel drive?

If it is rear wheel drive in the Endy, is it better than a FWD? Ford website says Driveline 4x2 - I could not figure out if Endy is FWD or not.
Ssriram75,
Ford 4X2 - Endy is real wheel drive with a propeller shaft transmitting the power to rear wheels. Not a Front Wheel Drive.

Yes. There is a lot of miss interpretation about 'FWD' - Four Wheel Drive or Front Wheel Drive.

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 25th January 2016, 14:10   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Ssriram75,
Ford 4X2 - Endy is real wheel drive with a propeller shaft transmitting the power to rear wheels. Not a Front Wheel Drive.

Yes. There is a lot of miss interpretation about 'FWD' - Four Wheel Drive or Front Wheel Drive.

Regards,
Maverick79
Thanks Maverick79 - I had an additional question. Is a rear-wheel drive (Endy 4x2) better than a front-wheel drive (XUV 4x2 FWD)?

Note: XUV calls their 4x4 as AWD.
Old 25th January 2016, 14:32   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
While I do agree that black is easier to maintain, majority in India still prefer beige. Many view beige as premium. While it would not have have hurt Ford to offer all black interiors on some colour combination, I believe it is mainly because the market for black is quite small, which is the reason why Ford has given it a miss.
Agree with you.

False perception of premiumness people have is forcing companies to go by them.

As you said all black interiors atleast for a few colours like silver and white would be great
Old 25th January 2016, 15:10   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
I've a 3.5 year old Fortuner 4x2 AT, just under 50,000kms and in great condition. Wondering whether to jump ship to Endeavour right away or wait till mid-year and see how the new Fortuner pans out, or just hold on to what I got for couple more years. Anyone else in similar situation, care to share your thoughts?
Not in a similar situation mate but would recommend that you wait and watch the new Endeavour and also the Fortuner and then take a final call.

You have a capable SUV already with you which, I would presume, is serving you well and hence no immediate need to move to a new one.

If I were in your shoes, I would have waited to see all options and then taken a final call.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
S
sukhoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 15:44   #640
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone here explain us about the fire incident which happened with the 3.2 litre endeavour

Last edited by ecosport rules : 25th January 2016 at 15:45.
Old 25th January 2016, 15:50   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks Maverick79 - I had an additional question. Is a rear-wheel drive (Endy 4x2) better than a front-wheel drive (XUV 4x2 FWD)?

Note: XUV calls their 4x4 as AWD.
The 2WD Endy is a Rear Wheel Drive. For most practical Use Cases for any SUV (Steep Inclines, Towing, Slush, Sand etc.), I would say that a Rear Wheel Drive is more preferable than a Front Wheel Drive.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 15:54   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Can anyone here explain us about the fire incident which happened with the 3.2 litre endeavour
News reports (Australian media) said it was due to improperly connected Battery connection - http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...nnection-37276

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...be3b7b875a04cd

Not sure of any other news regarding this vehicle.
ssriram75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 17:49   #643
BHPian

At the outset the following declaration; I am a Ford Fan!!! Have been since I owned my first own car with money that I earned and saved. It was a Mercury Sable 3 liter V6. Have also owned a Prado 2.6 V6, a Mazda 626 & a Hyundai Sonata.

So while this opinion will seem biased, its still based on logical consideration, no doubt that there is a spark of delight that my favourite brand has delivered a knock out punch in the SUV field.

Just come back from taking a look at the Ford Endeavour. It is fabulous. It has features & finish that couple of years back you would only find on upper end SUVs like the Q7. Ford has delivered a superbly thought out SUV. Immediately after seeing the Endeavour, we (friend is interested in buying one immediately) went to the Toyota showroom down the street to ensure we are not getting carried away. Frankly, the Fortuner is plain Jane in comparison with Endeavour.

The test vehicle is expected in couple of days, we have booked for a longish 45 minute drive, still will be booking it tomorrow. Sales Representative gave us a delivery period of 4 months !!! Told him that he was nuts and that all customers are not equal. Repeat customers are more valuable . So hope to get the vehicle within a month of booking if we are satisfied with the driving dynamics of it.
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 18:24   #644
Senior - BHPian

Drove the new Endeavour 3.2 along with two of my friends today. The TD car had just come after a wash after the launch event at the capital and we got a longish test drive. They have around 19 bookings so far and the promised delivery for most models except for 2.2 MT is 1 to 1.5 months. And inline with the general preference in Kerala, the most sought after colour is the diamond white.

The drive then.
  • The engine does make a bit of noise. But it should be fine for a car enthusiast as its a nice noise. There is no vibration or harshness in the cabin and the 3.2 revvs quite fast. The initial response is a bit sluggish though. The shifts are seamless and comfortable, and once you gain some momentum, the truck moves quite fast.
  • And its very easy to pilot. I drove through some narrow lanes and its easy keep pace and the sheer size isn't felt inside at all. The steering is effortless and predictable. A bit like the unit from the EcoSport.
  • The highlight is the ride. Nothing is felt inside and the Endeavour glides over potholes and sharp edges. One of the most comfortable vehicles I have been in. The truck doesn't roll or pitch that much either. I drove through some very well paved inner roads and it wasn't scary to go a little fast. You are always very comfortable, relaxed and in control. The brakes have very good bite from the discs all around.
  • The party trick is the electric open/ close for the rear tailgate and the auto-fold for the third row. I have shot a video, will upload later.
  • Didn't bother with the ICE as I wanted to hear the engine. The unit sounded nice when the sales executive switched it on initially. And as with all modern day Fords, the cabin is spooky silent. Don't know how of this is down to the active noise cancellation which is always on.
I thought of taking only 5 or 6 pics, but there were so many interesting bits on the car that I took a whole lot more. LOL

Make no mistake. Its one sexy beast with a very imposing stance. The bonnet is very tall and long and adds heavily to the presence.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-01-img_20160125_121748249_hdr.jpg

The rear on the other hand is quite tight and clean. Looks very good to me.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-02-img_20160125_121650031.jpg

This is the Trend 2.2 AT. Not much difference to the 3.2. The front parking sensors are missing though.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-03-img_20160125_122005323_hdr.jpg

I think the grille and the scuff plate in gloss black will look very good on the white truck.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-04-img_20160125_122038211_hdr.jpg

As is expected on the machine, a very clean and tall under-body.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-05-img_20160125_121928513_hdr.jpg

And everything is XL and looks tough.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-06-img_20160125_122230637.jpg

Big alloys and tyres standard across variants.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-06-img_20160125_122239634_hdr.jpg

The sad beige interiors. Too bad Ford isn't giving us the all black option here. This is the Trend variant here.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-07-img_20160125_113335143_hdr.jpg

Good space at the middle. The seats split, slide and recline.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-08-img_20160125_113241329_hdr.jpg

Not much space at the rear. Good for kids I guess. And nice to see full size seat belts.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-09-img_20160125_113314762_hdr.jpg

The boot space is quite good even with the 3 rows up.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-10-img_20160125_113123189.jpg

The grab handle which is a necessity to climb such a tall vehicle. Available on the driver side as well.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-11-img_20160125_113408979_hdr.jpg

Just an okay glove box.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-11-img_20160125_113420373_hdr.jpg

The EcoSport looks so small next to the big Endeavour, especially from the front. For reference my friend Antony there is a 6 footer.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-12-img_20160125_113751978_hdr.jpg

The TD vehicle is the 3.2 AT 4WD Titanium. Only the Speedo is analog and the rest is all digital. And I took the key from the executive and kept it in the console much to his amusement. Little did I know its not a smart key and a flippy one. LOL And that's a sad for a car costing this much.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-14-img_20160125_114026735_hdr.jpg

The Tacho can be brought up on the extreme right side using the toggle and a size too small. I like big tacho at the middle.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-15-img_20160125_114351996_hdr.jpg

The dash looks really good on the 3.2 and the steering wheel is brilliant to hold.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-16-img_20160125_115448983.jpg

The roof is black on the 3.2 and looks amazing. The motion sensor for the alarm can also be seen.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-17-img_20160125_114037960_hdr.jpg

The panoramic sun roof. Looks simply brilliant. Would love to have it in my car. The glass can be opened only at the front. Don't miss the AC vents.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-18-img_20160125_115456506.jpg

AC vents for the third row too. That cabin light looks very cool.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-19-img_20160125_115512094.jpg

The texture of the material for the roof.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-20-img_20160125_121226008_top.jpg

The rear windshield. The electric button for auto up/ close for the third row at the bottom left.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-21-img_20160125_120313354.jpg

Grab handle for the second row too.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-22-img_20160125_115435622_hdr.jpg

Lock/ Unlock for all 4 doors. The material quality is very good. All this would have looked so great with an all black interior. I hope Ford realize their mistake soon and get that to us.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-23-img_20160125_120255060_top.jpg

Rear AC vents. AC is super effective with dual zone climate control for the front. The tunnel is not very intrusive.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-24-img_20160125_120259227_hdr.jpg

The vantage from the middle row. Yes, the Endeavour is really tall.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-25-img_20160125_120903396.jpg

An Innova for reference. The electrochromatic mirror can also be seen which is missing in Trend.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-26-img_20160125_121459705.jpg

The knee airbag under the steering rake adjust. A reach adjust is shockingly missing in the truck.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-27-img_20160125_121240117_hdr.jpg

The price list. It costs as much as a 2 BHK . And the Govt. can buy a Figo with that road tax. But make no mistake, the variant to pick is the most expensive one. It is great value for money when compared to others.
Preview: Ford Endeavour-28-img_20160125_120341956_top.jpg

After the drive, my friend who has a XUV W10 was totally smitten and a bit depressed. I am no truck fella and prefer my sedans. But its easy to see the effort Ford has put into making the new Endeavour. And I do hope Ford get some much needed success in our market with this one.

Last edited by deetjohn : 25th January 2016 at 18:54. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 21:33   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
got some clarity around the SAT Nav accessory. GPS is already built in to every unit, we need to just purchase the software which dealer will load at the time of delivery (if one were to buy this). Not sure if it is MapMyIndia software or some other brand? Would it be possible for individuals to just load google maps?

That sounds more logical and plausible. No one would want the dealer to mess with installing a new navigation unit (hardware) in the dash of a brand new 20L+ car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed