Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 08:22   #751
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.adrenaline View Post
I visited Bhavna Ford, Nerul, Navi Mumbai for TD. They have 3.2 version for TD since yesterday. I was asked to wait for 5-10 mins for TD by the SE. Within 2-3 mins he returned to me requesting to wait for 15-20 mins for TD as the vehicle is out for another TD. He vanished after giving me this information and I was absolutely unattended for next 30 mins having no clue when I will get the TD. Nobody attended even for drinking water, leave aside refreshments. 3 female receptionists were busy with usual female chatter. I asked one about the SE and she said, the car is away for TD. I lost my patience. To his bad luck, SE came to reception and got a nice music from me. Their's was utter careless and thankless attitude towards customer. I left the dealership without taking TD.
I wrote to Ford India about this negative experience at 12:30 am and got a reply from them at 2am (yes, 2am). The person is requesting my contact number. But, I am in no mood for TD currently and my number is already there with Bhavna Ford. Let them search for it if they really want to solve the case.

Bhavna Ford Customer care representative on the other hand called me yesterday and asked me feedback about the TD of Endeavour.
Old 4th February 2016, 18:28   #752
BHPian

Went to chennai's Ford at Pallikaranai.No traces of Endeavour's launch.No one has any clue about when the display vehicle would arrive.Test drives would be possible only after that. Waiting for the sight of it in chennai.
:Just came back yesterday from a short work trip to Kharagpur and the solitary Ford dealership in the small town had a Red endy on display!Should have spent some time and made a stop.Aargh!
Old 4th February 2016, 19:16   #753
BHPian

Test Drives have started in Bangalore by Cauvery Ford. In fact they came with the Titanium 3.2 version to my home this morning and I did have a test drive. Following is the feedback based on my testing.

1. Commanding view of the road from behind the wheels
2. Effortless to steer this mammoth of a vehicle with in small roads.
3. Did not find too much of a lag on the drive train. The engine is a bit noisy in the low RPMs
4. Very good ride quality and the suspension is well tuned. Easily gobbles up potholes and humps.
5. For tall people of 6ft height, the headroom is very less due to the sunroof.
6. With all the seats upright, I could have one big checkin baggage and one backpack fit into the boot.
7. Ingress/Egress to the third row is quite a challenge. Very poor design. Ford should have given a tumble seats.
8. SatNav is available as an additional accessory. Looks like some software that needs to be flashed for it to work.
9. As per the sales team waiting period for Titanium 3.2 model is 4 months.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the vehicle and looking forward to book the same in the coming days.
sudhir5478 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 19:48   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
Test Drives have started in Bangalore by Cauvery Ford. In fact they came with the Titanium 3.2 version to my home this morning and I did have a test drive. Following is the feedback based on my testing.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the vehicle and looking forward to book the same in the coming days.
Thanks for this update. Can you please PM me the name and number of the sales person so that I can engage. Would be kind of you if you can put a word too.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:46   #755
BHPian

Hi! Naresh, the Sales manager name is Syed Ismail (9900017640)

Regards,
Sudhir
sudhir5478 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 20:37   #756
BHPian

Just got an input from planet ford where i booked my endy that the official launch in Pune is on 10th Feb
Old 5th February 2016, 21:19   #757
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Coming back from Endy 3.2L Test drive.

Comments :
1) Pretty good performance in Sport mode, better than Disco Sport.
2) Suspension is fantastic, glides over the bumps. Better than Audi Q5 ! Beats Disco Sport by a good margin.
3) Steering feels so light, like it.
4) No problem with headroom for 6'2"
5) Commanding view with right seat adjustment
6) Massive road presence

Verdict : Disco Sport Killer. Im buying one for sure .
niruvrs9669 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 23:24   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you check the top variant with Sunroof for headroom, I am 6'1" and it felt like I was almost brushing the roof if the driver seat is set to the highest position.
Old 5th February 2016, 23:27   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Did you check the variant with Sunday roof for headroom, I am 6'1" and it felt like I was almost brushing the roof of the driver eat is set to highlight position.
Highest position - agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
Coming back from Endy 3.2L Test drive.

Comments :
4) No problem with headroom for 6'2"

5) Commanding view with right seat adjustment
Surprising - I would recheck what version you were driving.

However, all should realize that our bodies are different - some have longer torsos and some have longer legs - this could be the difference, as the height above the horizontal seat cushion would only involve the body parts from the hips upwards.

Longer legs (mine are) would involve a shorter torso + head height, so even then, I found the roof very low. (No test drive taken yet - this was the display model at the launch/show)

Sit in a Tata Safari for a real commanding view. (And a view of the road below your hood, unlike the Fortuner/new Endeavour)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 5th February 2016 at 23:31.
Old 6th February 2016, 00:50   #760
BHPian

Superflyboy,
I test drove 3.2L titanium with Sunroof.

Mansoon,
You should test drive it. Not needed to raise the seat to highest position. That's for shorter people. Btw, im 6'2", with reasonably long torso
Old 6th February 2016, 10:26   #761
BHPian

Any news or idea about the mileage we can expect in a 3.2 4x4? Booked a Black one....TIA.
Old 6th February 2016, 11:39   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Any news or idea about the mileage we can expect in a 3.2 4x4? Booked a Black one....TIA.
Looks like 8+ in city and 9+ on highways based on Auto car test drive (mag).
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 18:04   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
I went with my heart, so Endy it is!

Checked out the vehicle in the flesh today and have "booked" a 3.2L Titanium in Black. Have been assured an early February delivery.
After a couple of test drives, I have cancelled my booking, vetoed by my users aka my family.

Everyone agreed that this is definitely a step up from our current Endeavor (2011 3.0LT 4X4 AT) in terms of technology, fit & finish. However the unanimous feedback has been that the overall space has reduced, the car from the inside feels crammed.

The third row ingress/egress has worsened, and so has the comfort in the third row. We do use the third row pretty often.

The most important factor was the lack of headroom. Taller members (6 feet & above) of the family felt the most.

This is frustrating for me, I had enjoyed driving it and was looking forward to owning my third Endy model. I guess I will wait for the new Fortuner & Pajero and then decide.

The dealer has promised to refund my booking amount in a week’s time.
Old 6th February 2016, 23:19   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
I guess I will wait for the new Fortuner & Pajero and then decide.
I think the Pajero Sport would be the one to check out now...unfortunately.

Is Mitsubishi planning to bring it to India??

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
Superflyboy,
I test drove 3.2L titanium with Sunroof.

Mansoon,
You should test drive it. Not needed to raise the seat to highest position. That's for shorter people. Btw, im 6'2", with reasonably long torso
Let's look at the reality of the situation with regard to the view out the front windshield:

Safari: Hood is at about waist-level high, as sitting in the driver's seat. Commanding view - in all model years. (Hood also angles downward towards the front of the vehicle)

Fortuner: Hood/bonnet is a bit higher than chest-level, while sitting in the driver's seat. (Hood mostly horizontal or only slightly downward towards the front of the vehicle)

New Endy: Hood/bonnet is only slightly lower than the Fortuner's, where one can adjust the seat up/down - where one would prefer (at least I would) the maximum angle to view the road immediately ahead, in front of the car, for safety. (Hood almost horizontal towards the front of the vehicle)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 6th February 2016 at 23:23.
Old 7th February 2016, 10:22   #765
BHPian

The brochure mentions interior lighting package as standard on the 3.2 titanium variant as i can see it is available also as an accessory. Has any body checked out what that is ? are they just footwel lights or something like ambient lighting (eg. like the new innova ) I forgot to check that part when i went to see the vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed