Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 11:25   #841
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Sorry for going

An interesting and useful article about "Adaptive / Self learning gearbox" which might dispel some myths about it.

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/blo...how-you-drive/

Regards.
mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:44   #842
BHPian

I took another test drive of Pajero AT 4x2, Fortuner AT 4x2 and Ford Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT (Titanium) on the same day, in the order.

Ford gearbox is much ahead of the Toyota and Pajero sport. I found it very smooth when shifting, and there were no uneasy experience with it. With Toyota and pajero, i could feel a little bit of stress and could feel harshness while shifting especially in the lower gears. I think a back to back drive of the cars would clear the doubts.

Also, remember, the Ford car had less than 2000 kms on the ODO, while the Toyota had 43k (approximate) and Pajero around 20k. Maybe this contributes to the experience.

In addition:

1) Ford got minimal body roll when compared to the Toyota and Pajero

P.S - The test Pajero had a tyre which was highly worn along with a slight bulge, so possible that it gave a bad experience.

2) features, functions on the Titanium version looks much ahead of the Toyota and Pajero -- for the same/close to same price point.
3) I do not know about the reliability - mixed feedback from friends and relatives on Ford.
4) If i have the budget and pick between the three, Ford wins.
5) Notable fact that Toyota sales person was much knowledgeable among the three.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:48   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I don't know what other dealers are saying but this is part of the official internal mail. Can't and won't share the whole mail for obvious reasons.

Attachment 1476724
Hi can u share with me the other contents of the mail. I promise I will keep it confidential. What I feel is ford is trying to push the trend model as they have maximum profit margin on trend. Mine was the first booking in my city but instead of dispatching my 3.2 titanium they have sent 3 trend 3.2 which have not even been booked by anyone. People come see the trend and say only 2 lakhs difference to titanium don't want trend and go away.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:02   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
IF you still need an SUV take my bet, and wait for the New Fortuner. By far the most reliable SUV in India.
The Fortuner is definitely a reliable unit but even the new iteration is no match to Endeavour be it in terms of safety,comfort. Even the gear shifts aren't significantly better.I felt the S mode is Endeavour is the right solution if you are in a hurry.
And again waiting period for new fortuner(yet to be launched) isn't going to be any better than Endeavour.
If gear shifts of the endeavour are the deal breaker, I am pretty sure full size ladder on frame SUV is not what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I found the gearbox fine for an SUV. No real complaints, except one - sometimes when I want to overtake and want a downshift, it won't downshift. Will continue in the same gear only (relying on the engine's torque to pull you ahead). Solution = S / M mode. In M mode, you can hold the engine to max rpms.
It's no DSG, but absolutely fine for a large SUV like the Endeavour.
Spot on, the gear is definitely not fast shifter, there is a bit of lag but not something I would expect from ladder on frame full size SUV. If gearbox in BMW 3 series behaved this way It would definitely be a deal breaker to me, not in Endeavour's case.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:28   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Ford gearbox is much ahead of the Toyota and Pajero sport.
Not just the gearbox, but the Fortuner and the Pajero Sport sold in India is a generation behind the Ford Endeavour. Hence the Endeavour is currently king in power train and features. However, things will change when the latest generation Pajero Sport and Fortuner are launched.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 13:47   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
The excruciating wait now begins.
Attachment 1476790

On a different note though, why does this mail still showcase the old Endeavour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I got this mail on January 22nd and still no sign of my Endeavor best of luck with your wait
I had reported the pic of the old model Endeavor to the local sales head and he had forwarded the same to Ford on January 22nd. Looks like they are not interested in rectifying it
Exactly How many days after booking do you get this mail? I booked yesterday and hence asking.
Old 16th February 2016, 14:32   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Exactly How many days after booking do you get this mail? I booked yesterday and hence asking.
I booked at 2PM and I think this mail was received at end of day, around 6PM.
Old 16th February 2016, 15:04   #848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Naresh, it depends on how soon the dealer ACTUALLY books your car and sends it to Ford. The email is from them. Most of dealers use your money as capital and rotate it in their business, and such high demand vehicles are sold at profit (Read sold in black) at the cost of customer's margin money to the rich and influential people. I salute Anand mahindra for his XUV lottery when it launched, because he completely nullified such practice and cut the hands of the dealers when delivering the vehicles. But Ford ain't doing it.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 16th February 2016 at 15:05.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 15:50   #849
BHPian

Great Review!!

this is not the most common request in India but what about towing capacity? One of the big advantage of these vehicles is there ability to pull massive loads. Is it possible to get the required modifications done for towing?

Any thoughts?

thanks
Krish
Old 16th February 2016, 16:25   #850
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Endeavour Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

I got a mail the next day . I had booked in jan last week. Same case got a mail with the old endevoour pic

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2016 at 16:53. Reason: Linking to official review :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks