Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 15:44   #91
BHPian

re: Preview: Ford Endeavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'd be delighted to be wrong but I have a bad feeling that the 3.2 litre automatic might actually touch 40 lakh on road in mumbai, basically commanding a heavy premium over the lower models.

On an unrelated note, it's telling on the vehicles potential when after all these days the model only has 87 posts. Had this been a fortuner thread, it would have been 4 times as long by now. Sort of reflective of the market share each of these models would enjoy compared to each other. I for one much prefer the new Endy's look over the new T Fort.
at 40L they will push very less pieces.

i hope it is in the OTR 30L region (hopefully perhaps even lower). i am really hoping on closing in on the 4 by 4 auto. else will need to go some segments lower to a XUV, the other vehicle that makes sense on a price to value ratio.

Last edited by maven : 28th September 2015 at 15:44. Reason: spelling errors
Old 28th September 2015, 16:16   #92
BHPian

Mighty impressed with the new Endeavour. The butch look is a killer. Point is the 3.2 Litre heart seems to be much more aggressive, if the reviews are to be believed. I sure hope they launch this variant in india. Design wise it sure is way more attractive than the new Fortuner or for that matter the new Pajero Sports ( which in my opinion has become way too tamed) . Going by the prices in Thailand it should hover around 30 Lacs OTR (just by currency conversion). Anything more, and it would be difficult to sell, pricing in this segment will actually be a game changer. Lets wait and watch ( hopefully not for long). If they can start selling it from Diwali, they would have the distinct advantage over the Fortuner which is expected to be launched during the Auto Expo next year Pajero Sports launch date, anyway is under speculation). I, for one, am highly excited, and typically eyeing the red 3.2 L Titanium 4x4 as my next steed if the drive is actually sorted as it is reported and cash out isn't insanely high, and yes a all black interior ( which I doubt, going by our fad for beige).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th September 2015 at 17:39. Reason: T-Fort > Fortuner. Please refrain from using acronyms when referring to vehicles on the forum.
Old 29th September 2015, 16:21   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
at 40L they will push very less pieces.

i hope it is in the OTR 30L region (hopefully perhaps even lower). i am really hoping on closing in on the 4 by 4 auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Going by the prices in Thailand it should hover around 30 Lacs OTR (just by currency conversion). Anything more, and it would be difficult to sell, pricing in this segment will actually be a game changer.
I can't comment on how many cars they'll sell of course. But if I'm not mistaken, the current top of the line Endeavour already retails on road in Bbay at approximately 32-33 lakhs or thereabouts. Given that, I simply cannot imagine how the new version in the top spec 4x4 variant, which is significantly superior to the current gen machine would be priced anything less than 35 - 36 lakhs on road, if not more.

I also suspect they may start the lower variants with slightly aggressive pricing but charge a bit of a premium for the top variant. This is all just personal conjecture of course and as a consumer I would be delighted to be wrong if the pricing is more aggressive across all variants.
Old 29th September 2015, 17:38   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

On an unrelated note, it's telling on the vehicles potential when after all these days the model only has 87 posts. Had this been a fortuner thread, it would have been 4 times as long by now. Sort of reflective of the market share each of these models would enjoy compared to each other. I for one much prefer the new Endy's look over the new T Fort.
One thing i observed in Team BHP is, the interest on vehicles costing beyond 20lacs is not much. These cars don't get much post or views. The new fortuner has just 350 posts after a years discussion.
Ford has the right product that can beat current Fortuner hands down and also compete against upcoming Fortuner, all depends on Endeavours pricing.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:50   #95
BHPian

Ford Endeavour Spotted Testing in Chennai

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 00:26   #96
BHPian

from website
https://www.zauba.com/import-ford-everest-hs-code.html

More then 5 Ford everests 2015 RHD has came into country for R&D in FEB 2015.

were tagged price as below,

1.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.6FPAXXMAWAEA00031, CLR: BLUE, ENG: 2.2L, DIESEL, MANUAL TRANSMISSION (RIGHT HAND DRIVE) : 2,152,492 INR

2.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.6FPAXXMAWAEA00035, CLR: SLIVER,ENG: 2.2L, DIESEL, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (RIGHT HAND DRIVE) : 2,426,125 INR

3.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.6FPAXXMAWAEA00030, CLR: BLACK, ENG: 3.2L, DIESEL, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (RIGHT HAND DRIVE) : 2,562,248 INR

4.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST, VIN NO: 6FPAXXMAWAEA00026, MODEL 2015;CLR:AAT SUNSET,ENG.I5 3.2L-GEN3.5 DIESEL,(R&D PURPOSE) RH D: 2,120,897 INR

5.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.MNBXWVJA2FAD27164-5 DR.MODELYEAR2015,CLR: BLUE,ENG:I4 2.2L-GEN3.5,DIESEL(R&D PURPOSE) RH : 1,820,041 INR (this one came in AUG 2015)
neo_trace is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 15:51   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
from website

were tagged price as below,

1.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.6FPAXXMAWAEA00031, CLR: BLUE, ENG: 2.2L, DIESEL, MANUAL TRANSMISSION (RIGHT HAND DRIVE) : 2,152,492 INR

2.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.6FPAXXMAWAEA00035, CLR: SLIVER,ENG: 2.2L, DIESEL, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (RIGHT HAND DRIVE) : 2,426,125 INR

3.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.6FPAXXMAWAEA00030, CLR: BLACK, ENG: 3.2L, DIESEL, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (RIGHT HAND DRIVE) : 2,562,248 INR

4.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST, VIN NO: 6FPAXXMAWAEA00026, MODEL 2015;CLR:AAT SUNSET,ENG.I5 3.2L-GEN3.5 DIESEL,(R&D PURPOSE) RH D: 2,120,897 INR

5.NEW FORD CAR EVEREST VIN NO.MNBXWVJA2FAD27164-5 DR.MODELYEAR2015,CLR: BLUE,ENG:I4 2.2L-GEN3.5,DIESEL(R&D PURPOSE) RH : 1,820,041 INR (this one came in AUG 2015)
If wishes can be true, i hope these would be the price when the launch happens. I am pretty sure I will book the 3.2L Auto
Old 9th October 2015, 12:38   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
If wishes can be true, i hope these would be the price when the launch happens. I am pretty sure I will book the 3.2L Auto
If this were true it would be a very strong seller esp with the rumor that the next gen fortuner not coming till 2017.

Interesting observation through is the price differential between 2.2 & 3.2 auto - INR 1.25 L. That is not just for the engine but a host of other goodies like terrain management, sunroof, powered last row & tail gate etc etc.

Good times !!
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:01   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
from website

I was tracking Zauba during the SCross launch. When they sent the top spec car to Malaysia to be unveiled at the award ceremony - the price declared was 7,20,000. What that translated to - after various taxes and profit margins was a significant increase.

So these should swell by 30-40% easy (or probably more) by the time it hits the showrooms.
Old 9th October 2015, 15:20   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was tracking Zauba during the SCross launch. When they sent the top spec car to Malaysia to be unveiled at the award ceremony - the price declared was 7,20,000
All exports are Minus Taxes - Excises + VAT which can be as high as 40 -45 % for vehicles over 4000 mm whereas when we Import duties can be over 150% - there is nothing we can make from Import price of Endeavour as FORD is not launching this as CBU
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 13:19   #101
Senior - BHPian

This car has made me seriously interested. I have never bought an American beast before with my own money. All my previous American cars Dodge Durrango, Dodge Intrepid and Mercury Sable and my only Ford a Taurus were company cars. Chevvy Caprice classic was a guest car. There was a toss up between a Chevvy Lumina and Honda Accord and it was Honda Accord that I bought way back in 1998.

Buy a Ford ? Maybe the toss up is between this and the new 2016 Fortuner but if they delay the launch of the Fortuner then I may end up behind the wheels of a 3.2 L A/T 4WD version. In terms of comfort, gizmos and looks the temptation is there, very much.
Would love to test drive one for sure before I make a decision. Will check with the showroom when it is being launched.

Last edited by desertfox : 12th October 2015 at 13:21.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 17:36   #102
BHPian

2016 Ford Endeavour Titanium 4×4 snapped in Chennai

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/10/2...-chennai-spied
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Ford Endeavour-2016fordendeavourspottedinchennai.jpg  

Preview: Ford Endeavour-2016fordendeavourspottedinchennaiwithendeavourlettering.jpg  

LionX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 20:41   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

The Endeavour spotted in Tamil Nadu in a new brown shade!

Preview: Ford Endeavour-fordendeavour_2015_01.jpg

Preview: Ford Endeavour-fordendeavour_2015_02.jpg

Preview: Ford Endeavour-fordendeavour_2015_03.jpg

Preview: Ford Endeavour-fordendeavour_2015_04.jpg

Quote:
Looking at the spied images, one can see the badging around the vehicle that suggest it is somewhere closer to the top end variant. The mud splashed sides flaunt the 3.2 litre badging, that means this particular vehicle is powered by the unique-to-this-segment inline-5 cylinder one.

Also, if you notice closely, there are no DRLs on the headlamps instead there is a chrome garnish. The same goes with the wheels that are not looking as big as the 20-incher, the ones that we tested in Thailand and are wrapped up by Goodyear wrangler ATs. Owing to this, there could be a possibility that this one is the lower variant of the 3.2-litre Endeavour line up.
CarDekho
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 21:11   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

^
Quote:
that means this particular vehicle is powered by the unique-to-this-segment inline-5 cylinder one.
Well, a five cylinder Diesel is not unique to the segment- The Ssangyong Rexton comes with a Mercedes sourced 2.7 inline five cylinder Diesel. Yes, it's smoothest Diesel in the segment, although with narrow powerband.
Old 15th October 2015, 12:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

For those who have had the experience of owning ford vehicles in India. How is the quality of service in the dealership service centres and availability of spares ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed