Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Re: The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
Congratulations on your latest acquisition! The pictures indeed look great. If you've ever driven an Elite i20, how would you rate its performance compared to your 1.4 Creta? I believe the i20 is lighter and aerodynamically superior so is the difference in performance noticeable enough? Thanks.

Thanks. However I have not driven the diesel Elite i20, hence cannot give a comparison.

The diesel Elite i20 may be like a pocket rocket with the same engine, and the Creta 1.4 is no slouch either. The Creta does not feel underpowered for the 'sedate' driver.

I will be going for a proper highway trip next week and should be able to give feedback on its highway performance.
Shakensoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 19:45   #17

Is it true the Create 1.4 S does not have air bags? That's a negative for me personally. Also no climate control but that is something I could compromise on.

I am contemplating on buying the Creta, still deciding though.

Congratulations on your purchase and drive safe
Old 29th September 2015, 20:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
Is it true the Create 1.4 S does not have air bags? That's a negative for me personally. Also no climate control but that is something I could compromise on.
S variant does not have airbags, the 1.4 S+ has driver and passenger airbags.

Other additional features the 1.4 S+ has -
  • 7" Touch Screen Audio Video Navigation System
  • Rear Parking Sensors + Camera
  • Impact Sensing Auto Door Unlock
  • R16 Clean Silver Alloys
  • Shark Fin antenna
  • Fully Automatic AC
  • Electrically Foldable OVRM
  • Rear Wiper and Washer
  • Driver Side Auto Up-Down (Safety Power Windows)
Old 29th September 2015, 23:46   #19
BHPian

Some nifty accessories.

Got this Dual USB Car Charger which belts out 2.4A through both the ports, ideal for fast charging your smartphone/tablet. Charger is very good quality and finish is good.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-carcharger.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-carcharger1.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-carcharger2.jpg

A spiral USB cable to reduce the cable clutter. I will be getting another BlueRigger Rapid Charge spiral USB cable which should be better quality.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-carcharger3.jpg

The charger has a blue LED perfectly matching the stock blue lights.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-carcharger4.jpg

The charger is listed both on eBay and Amazon.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Tinyfactor-Au.../181837419164?

http://www.amazon.in/Tinyfactor-Auto.../dp/B00REW7X4I
Shakensoul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:20   #20
BHPian

Rear Camera installation with Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror integrated with display.

Even though the large OVRM helps, the rear visibility is really poor and a rear camera is a must. Decided to get the auto dimming IVRM mirror integrated with LCD display instead of the clip of type display and lose the day/night functionality.

The IVRM comes with different bracket for each manufacturer and one must send a picture of the bracket to the Aliexpress seller so that the correct bracket can be sent. Seller communication was excellent and product was received in about 20 days shipped via Hong Kong Post Air Mail.

The following IVRM was ordered

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-A...317998711.html

and camera from same seller

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CCD-u...753876138.html

The packaging was okay and wrapped in bubble sheets.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera1.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera2.jpg

The complete set with wiring harness.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera3.jpg

The Rear view camera.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera4.jpg

The wiring harness. The quality is good and better than other unknown chinese products floating around in the market. The connectors fit in tightly. It can easily be repackaged as OEM wiring harness.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera5.jpg

The Inside Rear View Mirror with the integrated display. Quality is good and OEM type.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera6.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera7.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera8.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera9.jpg

The IRVM installed replacing the OEM mirror.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera10.jpg

Fitting is good and the wire cover nicely conceals the wire. The IVRM looks stock and OEM unless you mention it.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera11.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera12.jpg

The rear camera mounted on the tailgate like the OEM camera.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera15.jpg

The camera does protrude out a little bit, but does not look out of place.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera14.jpg

The visibility of the LCD is good and clear but not HD. During day there might be glare and you may to adjust the mirror to get a proper view.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera13.jpg

At night.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera16.jpg

Auto dim mirror at night. During day the mirror is clear. At night, there is green tinge and the glare from headlights is reduced. It works well and the lights from the IVRM doesn't distract you. However if someones comes from behind with highbeam / HID / Projectors blazing at you, the glare do gets in your eye.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-ivrmmirrorcamera17.jpg
Shakensoul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 11:04   #21
BHPian

Returned after a 800 kms return trip covering open highways, broken roads, gravel roads, rural roads, etc..

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-creta14.jpg

Considering I have another 2 bars left and if I add another 100 kms to the trip ODO, the approx FE comes to around 18kmpl. There is no doubt FE will be 20+ kmpl if driven on good open highways.

This journey consisted of around ~500 kms of good highways, ~200 kms of broken roads filled with potholes, ~100 kms of city and rural roads. The Creta 1.4 performed well in all departments.

It cruises at

2000 rpm at 100 kmph
2500 rpm at 120 kmph

Cruising is effortless and can consistently do 120kmph comfortably all day. Minimal engine and road noise at 100-120kmph.

The 1.4 does not feel underpowered on the highway and can easily overtake on the 6th gear. Even with 3 passengers and fully loaded boot, Creta was effortless on the highway.

On broken patches, the Creta glides over the bad stretches remaining calm and composed. Though not planted as a rock, but still you don't get thrown around in your seat rather takes the rough patches well. On some stretches, the roads were so bad and filled with huge potholes, one wrong pothole at the wrong speed and it can easily break your alloy/suspension or make the car skid out of control. This particular stretch of road was done in 40-50kmph speed and the Creta was able to do it without any fuss avoiding the big potholes. No body noise and rattling sound as of now, but there is a sound coming from the boot which might be due to a loose wire or something when it was opened to install the rear camera. Will get that checked during the first service.

Overall a sense of satisfaction from this trip as it covered all sort of roads and the Creta performed well in every department and knowing the 1.4L is a very capable engine.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st December 2015 at 14:37. Reason: Removed references to speeding on public roads.
Shakensoul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:24   #22
BHPian

Floor Lamination

Decided to get the floor lamination done as the stock mat was very prone to dust and dirt. Only after one week of usage, removing the dirt from the stock floor carpet mat was very tedious and could not be cleaned completely.

I also got some seat covers for the Creta and decided to do the floor lamination at one go since the seats were being removed.

The accessories shop had this kind of floor lamination which was a single piece pre-made for Creta. It was kind of rexin material with velcro strips on the under side, it should easily last 5+ years if maintained well.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-floorlaminationwip01.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-floorlaminationwip02.jpg

The material of the lamination.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lanination9.jpg

Work in progress after removing all seats, panels, rubber moulds.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-floorlaminationwip03.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-floorlaminationwip04.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-floorlaminationwip05.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-floorlaminationwip06.jpg

The finished product. Though a few creases and wrinkles are seen, the fitting was good. After you place the floor mats, the wrinkles are not visible.

The front passenger side.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination1.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination2.jpg

The driver side. Dead pedal is also covered.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination3.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination4.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination5.jpg

The rear cabin.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination6.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination7.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lamination8.jpg

Noodle Floor Mats

Also got the noodle floor mats. Very comfortable and practical. Dust and dirt are not visible at all and keeps the floor clean.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-mat1.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-mat2.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-mat3.jpg

The material of the Floor mats, the small spikes on the underside prevents the mats from slipping.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-mat4.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-mat5.jpg

Boot mat in a single piece.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-boot1.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-boot2.jpg
Shakensoul is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 21:59   #23
BHPian

The floor lamination, along with noodle mats, look neat. Are the spikes on the underside of mats effective in holding them in place? Is it only good for preventing dirt or does it allow lesser road noise also?

Cost of both the things please!
Old 6th October 2015, 07:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
The floor lamination, along with noodle mats, look neat. Are the spikes on the underside of mats effective in holding them in place? Is it only good for preventing dirt or does it allow lesser road noise also?

Cost of both the things please!
Yes the mats stay firmly in place and does not slip. The Creta already has good sound insulation, so not sure if the floor lamination and mats can further improve it, but I think it definitely helps.

The floor lamination price was approx 4000 including installation.

Noodle mats were for 600 / meter, approx 3.5 meter was used, total price Rs 2100, plus 900 for the Boot mat.
Shakensoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 11:45   #25
BHPian

1st Free Service Update:

Mileage - 1680 KMS
Cost - Rs. 36

Issues - A nagging intermittent rattling sound from the boot when travelling on gravel/uneven roads. Have a suspicion there is something loose inside the boot lid which was opened when fixing the reverse camera. Checked the boot lid but everything was okay, the number plate frame maybe the culprit. Will do some DIY to fix this.

Head-bulb Upgrade

The performance of the stock H4 60/55W headlamps are okay on regular nights but poor during rains. I miss the sharp focus and bright lights of the 100/90 setup on my previous WagonR.

Decided to try the Philips Xtreme Vision +130% 60/55W which many forum members have spoken well of. Ordered them directly from powerbulbs.com to ensure original product is received.

The bulbs were received in about 15 days from UK which is pretty good. Packaging was okay and thankfully it was received in working condition, it was wrapped only in bubble wrap inside a small box.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-img_5321.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-img_5322.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-img_5324.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-img_5326.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-img_5329.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-img_5330.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-img_5359.jpg

The performance can be seen below. Overall not very satisfied with the 'upgrade', visibility and throw increased by maybe 5-10% but nothing significant and does not justify the upgrade cost of Rs.2000 for the bulbs. The 100/90W setup should be far better provided one is willing to install the extra wiring harness, also there is a chance the headlamp reflectors might suffer from the heat generated by the 100/90 bulbs.

But I will take the chance and upgrade to 100/90 in about 6 months time.

LOW BEAM

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-lowbeam.jpg

HIGH BEAM

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-highbeam.jpg
Shakensoul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 11:59   #26
BHPian

How about OSRAM H series. Is it worth to be considered as an alternative to Philips?

http://www.amazon.in/Osram-H11-Night...inhydr18418-21
Old 11th October 2015, 13:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
How about OSRAM H series. Is it worth to be considered as an alternative to Philips?

http://www.amazon.in/Osram-H11-Night...inhydr18418-21
I don't think I'll be considering anymore 60/55W bulbs, be it Philips or Osram, it will not be comparable with a simple 100/90W setup.

The claims of Philips/Osram to provide more brightness and output maybe on papers, but it did not yield the expected result on real usage. There may be other factors like poor quality reflectors, but that can be be found out only after installing a 100/90 W bulb.

Last edited by Shakensoul : 11th October 2015 at 13:12.
Old 11th October 2015, 14:30   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Very well written thread supported with some nice pics. And not to forget some nice accessory information like IRVM and flooring.

After driving my Santro for close to 9 years I am also in the process of looking around for something that fits my bill. The dream is to get an SUV but Scorpio, XUV and Safari are out of question due to their sheer size and its not easy to maintain such cars in Delhi where parking space itself is a luxury and not easy to manouver in bumper to bumper traffic. Duster and Ecosport were looked at but somehow not been able to convince myself for those mini SUVs.

Then heard about Creta and the very next day spotted one in my office parking. Co-incidentally it was parked alongside its Big Daddy - Santa FE

It will take me atleast 6 months before I really go out and buy a car but your thread has really made me have a closer look at Creta. Will come back to you if I have some questions. Thanks for such a lovely and thorough review. Congratulations again
Lakwontsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 11:30   #29
BHPian

Another nifty accessory arrived from Aliexpress. Leather key case for the less fortunates with flip keys

Pretty decent quality for 350 odd bucks.

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-leatherkeycover1.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-leatherkeycover2.jpg

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-leatherkeycover3.jpg
Shakensoul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 00:02   #30
BHPian

Another important accessory arrived from Aliexpress

Leather steering wheel cover

The stock steering wheel is very slippery and does not provide a good grip while driving. The stitched covers available in the market does not give a good finish, and the generic ones make it very bulky.

Stanley leather covers are not available here, hence Aliexpress was the only option.

Ordered this item for $23.97 (with coupon)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...242836957.html

Quality - Excellent, real leather

Installation - Satisfactory. A more professional installer would have done a better job at the stitching to give it a OEM look. But still the finish is not bad considering it almost took 4 hours. As it was getting late, we couldn't give the finishing touch that day. Next day at home I cut the little bits of thread, applied little fevicol and gave the finishing touch myself.

Experience - Awesome. Feels much better to hold now, provides good grip and fun to drive now.
Attached Thumbnails
The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-cretaleathersteeringcover01.jpg  

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-cretaleathersteeringcover02.jpg  

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-cretaleathersteeringcover03.jpg  

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-cretaleathersteeringcover04.jpg  

The new kid on the block - Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDI (S variant)-cretaleathersteeringcover05.jpg  

Last edited by Shakensoul : 22nd November 2015 at 00:08.
Shakensoul is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed