Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 09:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeew View Post
Did anyone manage to install a aftermarket MID in W4
May be you can check it over here . I guess there are few other W4 owners with the same plan.
Old 28th November 2015, 13:01   #17
BHPian

A short update : my XUV is about to touch 15k mark, in 20 months of ownership. Many commitments in work and family did not allow me to take some of the long highway trips I wanted to do this year. Planning for a Rajasthan trip early next year which should see this go up to a respectable average :-).
My Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448695880.944760.jpg
pgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 13:12   #18
BHPian

Meanwhile got two accessories added - a rear view sensor and fog lamps. Both from Sireesh to avoid any warranty issues later.

My Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448696016.221439.jpg

I do not like the Mirror type which covers the IRVM. Primarily because with them on , I lose the day n night option and they also shake and eventually develop some squeaking noise. So went for this small ones but does their job pretty well.

The fog lamps are from the genuine Mahindra accessories so fits in perfectly in the given slots. Good and useful too.

My Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448696482.306247.jpg
Old 7th May 2016, 22:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Having completed more than 14000 Km in my XUV its high time that I write this ownership report :-) It was really long pending.

The wish of owning a SUV type vehicle was getting stronger as more and more urban SUV's were launched. I had lot of excuses for an “upgrade” but none was strong enough to justify buying another car for a small family when there was this trusted Wagon R serving very well without any issues. So I kept it simple and convinced my family that this is one of the wish in my bucket list and that's it, no more explanation was needed.

And after all that finally it was parked in the parking lot and i always felt that it was also feeling better than being in the stockyard, look at the smile.

Attachment 1419417

Wow, good to have found your report. I too drive a w4, its been two years 24k done and I believe its the best I have driven till date, never felt the need of having a toughscreen or any of the electronic gadgetry, the equipment level is fairly good.
Old 14th May 2016, 08:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSan View Post
Wow, good to have found your report. I too drive a w4, its been two years 24k done and I believe its the best I have driven till date, never felt the need of having a toughscreen or any of the electronic gadgetry, the equipment level is fairly good.

Fully agree to your comments and it's great to know another W4 owner in the forum !

My progress on the ODO has been a little slow and I have just touched 16000. I was thinking of going for the next service which is due on 20000 kms. How was your experience during 20k service ?
Old 21st June 2016, 15:22   #21
BHPian

Hi,
can we get the side cladding installed from the ASS (the black fibre strip covering the lower part of the body including wheel arches and front/rear bumper). It is helpful in preventing minor scratches. This is comes as standard fitment in W6 and above versions.
Secondly has anyone installed charging points in the second and third row? again these charging points are standard in other variants.
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:22   #22
BHPian

^^ I have no idea about the cladding but consider asking the dealer if they can do it. However about the charging points in second row , I got it installed from Sireesh Auto - just to make sure that there is no warranty issues later. There is a slot provided for this in the second row so installing it pretty easy.
Old 25th June 2016, 10:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azm@bpl View Post
Hi,

can we get the side cladding installed from the ASS (the black fibre strip covering the lower part of the body including wheel arches and front/rear bumper). It is helpful in preventing minor scratches. This is comes as standard fitment in W6 and above versions.

Secondly has anyone installed charging points in the second and third row? again these charging points are standard in other variants.

I have got it done check the photos, also got the charging point, fog lamp, cladding etc at Sireesh Auto my current ODO is 38500.
My Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466830200.579657.jpgMy Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466830225.701525.jpgMy Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466830250.580381.jpg

Last edited by tirthankard77 : 25th June 2016 at 10:39.
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 21:43   #24
BHPian

Went for the 3rd free service even though had clocked barely 17000+ Kms. All general service no specific complaints so the cost was only 7K. Actually I was little surprised to know that the wipers alone cost more than 1000/-.

Here are some of the works done :

Engine Oil Change - Maximlie Feo 6 Ltrs.
Oil Filter Change
Both front wiper replaced
Front Cabin lamp replaced under warranty (Only part replaced under warranty so far)
Tyres rotated
headlight throw aligned

I got some compliments from Mechanics working there as they found I have maintained the car very well. e.g. after examining break Pad they commented that it will easily go another 10K kms, clutch condition was also found to be good. I know of one of my friend who had to change the break pad in 5K Km service and if mine runs till 27K Km then i am happy. The clutch condition was also found to be good as I always take extra care while driving not to ride on the clutch so i was happy to hear that my efforts are paying off.

So far so good ! My xuv is now feels completely ready for another long drive.

Last edited by pgupta : 4th July 2016 at 21:48. Reason: rephrasing
Old 15th April 2017, 17:42   #25
BHPian

Long pending update to this thread.

All is well with my XUV. In the meantime it has clocked full 3 years of tension free service. In this occasion I decided to give the car a full body spa. And it was brilliantly done by the boys at the Sireesh Motors workshop. I was not expecting much since it was a complimentary Car Spa which I got some time back from Mahindra. But they really did a good job. Now it feels like a new car again. Along with that I bought an extended warranty cover for the next 2 year as well. Though I have not covered that many KMs yet thanks to the busy schedule both at work and home. So the extended cover was bought more from a peace of mind perspective.

In the meantime in 2016 I could only do 2 short trips - the first one to Shrirangapatna and the second one to Lepakshi. This was followed by a Hyd-BLR trip for an official purpose.

And then after a long wait I could really take the XUV for some long run recently where we both enjoyed. And this was to GOA ! The drive was super good as the road conditions are excellent almost throughout. It took about 9 hours including an hour of break. I took the Anmod ghat route both while going and coming back.

The XUV performed really well except for one place near Davengere where the road surface is uneven and at places is very bumpy. Normally I am very careful about the road but this one caught me off guard and I went into this multiple severe bumps and all of us in the car bounced. This caused a slight jerk in the steering input due to this the vehicle lost its line momentarily but I could quickly regain control. This was bit scary. Some of the other sedans also jumped in front of us but I felt the jerk was much worse in the XUV when compared to other sedans. May be its because of the tall stance of the car or may be its my mistake that I could not see it coming and reduce the speed accordingly. Could this also be due to any problem in the suspension ? I think I need to take it for a checkup. Normally the suspensions are quite OK.

On a different note I wonder how the drivers at night could handle this and if this is causing any accidents in that area. Hope its not.

But apart from this minor incident all is well with the car. Every time I take it out I feel "Dil mange more". So have already started planning for the next trip, when and where - not sure
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-1dscn5133.jpg  

Old 15th April 2017, 23:18   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Could this also be due to any problem in the suspension ? I think I need to take it for a checkup.
It is mostly likely due to a combination of torque steer. The front wheels had torque and were spinning while you were trying to control the car and hence there were many lines of force acting in different directions.

Also, the XUV is not very planted during sudden surface changes due to being a FWD vehicle.

You can take it for a check up but I dont think it is needed.
Old 16th January 2020, 15:51   #27
BHPian

Looooong pending update - XUV W4 is doing a fantastic job overall. Its been over 5 years now and it has been such a nice vehicle to own.
My Mahindra XUV500 W4 - Ownership Report-img_1176.jpg
- it has now clocked more than 41000 kms, did some really long trips e.g. Banaglaore - Kanyakumari - Kovalam - Bangalore
- its out of extended warranty too but i have always done the service in ASS
- so far the cost of service is really reasonable mostly towards consumables which i change religiously as recommended
- have used shell normal diesel

after the last 40000 kms service the vehicle has started feeling much more responsive overall. I really like the way it picks up but also very composed nature while braking. The confidence while breaking might be due to the fact that I never drive too fast even in highways so braking is normally not scary. Also i guess the 4 disc brakes are doing their job well.

Recently took the vehicle to Madhus for wheel balancing and alignment with rotation though had no major issues as such. Got very good service and some feedback about the tyres. I hope the tyres will easily last for another 10K as the thread depth is still fine.

Last edited by pgupta : 16th January 2020 at 15:54. Reason: correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks