Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 18:18   #106
BHPian

Re: Journey from a Honda City to the Maruti S-Cross 1.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Hey sudeep,
I am having an issue with the remap
It might be part of the tuning. Once I floor the pedal in 4th for overtakes the engine rpm zooms past 2000 to 2500 rpm and that excessively revvs the engine, settling back to 2200 rpm. It is like slipping the clutch even if i am off the clutch, something like a rubberband effect on CVT gear boxes. Have you experienced it.
I have been flooring the car often and this makes me a bit nervous. Have you noticed it ? Should I contact code 6 for better tuning?
I don't have that issue and I am not sure if its the tune or a mechanical problem. I'd first ask Code6 since they are an independent garage.
Old 16th May 2016, 19:47   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Hey sudeep,
I am having an issue with the remap
It might be part of the tuning. Once I floor the pedal in 4th for overtakes the engine rpm zooms past 2000 to 2500 rpm and that excessively revvs the engine, settling back to 2200 rpm. It is like slipping the clutch even if i am off the clutch, something like a rubberband effect on CVT gear boxes. Have you experienced it.
I have been flooring the car often and this makes me a bit nervous. Have you noticed it ? Should I contact code 6 for better tuning?
I suggest you to check clutch pressure plate, release bearing and cylinder checked at MASS. It's too early for clutch wear though.
Old 26th May 2016, 20:11   #108
BHPian

Quick Update

My car clocked almost 16200 Kms today and the service was due. Booked appointment yesterday using Pratham motors android app - It was a breeze. Got a confirmation call too.

Dropped the car off at 10:30 AM in the morning.

I asked for a oil change. Service advisor said that the engine oil filled previously was normal and not synthetic. He also said the engine oil need not be changed until 20K. Kms. I was surprised that he thought it is not synthetic with a longer change interval. Anyways, since the remap, I always insist on oil change every 5K Kms.

I asked about the recall for brake problems and he said it will be done if needed. He didn't tell me about it until I asked. I didn't quite like it to be honest.

Got the car at 5:45 PM.

Work done.
  • Engine Oil, Filter and Drain plug replaced.
  • Brakes cleaned.
  • Brake recall work done. Master Cylinder and a flexible hose was changed. Rear caliper assembly and service done under warranty. Result: The brakes are a bit spongy now. The bite is not felt when you hit the pedal. Honda City brakes were amazing, you could feel them, pedal was light and reassuring.
  • ICE firmware updated to support apple car play. I haven't tested it but it seems its being provided for S-Cross.
  • Suspension nuts and bolts retorqued

Total Cost: 5280 INR

I am a bit miffed that the RM didn't bother to call and tell us about the recall. Anyways, since we have T-BHP here, I guess I don't have to worry too much at all, but this whole premium offering isn't going anywhere well for me in my ownership experience so far.
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 18:27   #109

Hey Sudeep

I have not seen such an elaborate and detailed review from a customer. This truly shows passion. I am on the verge of deciding about whether to go for the S Cross 1.3 Alpha. I could have stretched for the 1.6 but have not felt the need to spend another 2lacs since I am not a regular long distance traveller.

Hope to hear how the on road experience has been so far.

I also heard that Maruti is replacing all JK tires with Pirelli ones.

I need to make a choice by Monday or i stick with the breeza.

Pressure..

Toms
Old 4th July 2016, 11:22   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops678 View Post
Hey Sudeep

I have not seen such an elaborate and detailed review from a customer. This truly shows passion. I am on the verge of deciding about whether to go for the S Cross 1.3 Alpha. I could have stretched for the 1.6 but have not felt the need to spend another 2lacs since I am not a regular long distance traveller.
Toms,

Thank you for the words of appreciation. My advise is this

If you are an absolutely need the power, then 1.6 is your choice. If you are like me who enjoy steady cruising and some occasional power bursts (decent), you can stick to 1.3, but must do a re-map. 1.3 without a remap is just difficult to drive especially during overtaking on highway. The stock engine is just not tuned well for highway overtakes, but does well in the city. Since you said you are not a highway traveller, 1.3 will make perfect sense to you. if you venture out into highways later, you can always remap.

If you want to experience the remap, you can drive a stock car and then drive mine for a feel of what the remap does to 1.3. 1.6 with a remap is another beast.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 09:07   #111

Hi

Thank you for the advice.

When do you recommend a remap, cause normally if you touch the engine then all warranties tend to cease? It's like fiddling with the stock settings.

Also how much would it cost for the same? Any recommended place so that I can enquire.

Regards
Toms
Old 14th July 2016, 19:41   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops678 View Post
Hi

Thank you for the advice.

When do you recommend a remap, cause normally if you touch the engine then all warranties tend to cease? It's like fiddling with the stock settings.

Also how much would it cost for the same? Any recommended place so that I can enquire.

Regards
Toms
Yes, if you remap you are on your own. So you need to know what you are getting into. My experience with Code6 has been very good. You can always revert the map because you take a snapshot of the map before you apply a new one.

For cost - Please contact code6 either using their facebook page or their website.
Old 16th August 2016, 17:17   #113
BHPian

Hi Sudeepg,

A nice detailed review helps prospective customers like me a lot. I have the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta and Ford Ecosport TDCi in my shortlist. My driving is primarily on highways and I make a Mumbai-Pune trip every weekend. How does the S-Cross tackle the ghats? Is it constrained for power? How would you the rate the overall highway performance especially while overtaking at speeds. I normally maintain speed in the 110 km/hr vicinity.
nikhil_d1106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 12:43   #114
BHPian

Hi Sudeep,
I just saw the classified section and your blue S-Cross DDiS200 is listed for sale.

. If you do not mind, please let me know the reason for sale of this car within an year.

Sorry. Got the reason there itself. I missed that point of relocation.

Last edited by Sree73 : 7th January 2017 at 12:46. Reason: additional info
Old 4th March 2017, 13:18   #115
BHPian

Hi Sudeep, Did you find a new owner for your S-Cross? And have you relocated as the plan?

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2017 at 12:25. Reason: Typo
Old 11th March 2017, 15:23   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hi Sudeep, Did you find a new owner for your S-Cross? And have you relocated as the plan?
Hi Sree,

I had a change of plan as a consequence of which I have retained the car with me for long. I've been super busy with many other things and haven't had the opportunity to spend much time on T-BHP. I am slowly getting back to "normal" life. The car has very low value in the market and I don't recommend even contacting a dealer. There were a couple of guys who were behind me to sell the car to him, but I didn't sell the car.

On the updates/upgrades front, my car has done 26,500 Kms and still going strong. I changed the interior cabin bulbs to LEDs and also the one in the boot light. I also installed an additional 12v power socket which is hidden behind the dashboard. I also wired up some connectors and have ordered for a tyre pressure monitoring system. Once it arrives from AliExpress, it will be just a simple solder to the pairing connector and then plug and play.

I'll post updates after I am done.

Last edited by GTO : 12th March 2017 at 12:26. Reason: Quoted post edited
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 16:38   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Hi Sree,

I had a change of plan as a consequence of which I have retained the car with me for long.

On the updates/upgrades front, my car has done 26,500 Kms and still going strong. I changed the interior cabin bulbs to LEDs and also the one in the boot light. I also installed an additional 12v power socket which is hidden behind the dashboard. I also wired up some connectors and have ordered for a tyre pressure monitoring system. Once it arrives from AliExpress, it will be just a simple solder to the pairing connector and then plug and play.
Hi Suddep,
Happy to note that you have decided to keep the vehicle with you.

I knew that the car will not be having a great demand in the secondary market. Afterall, it's not a run away success like many others. (Even though, S-Cross is one of the comfortable/high performance one)

Both of us have recorded almost same mileage on 1.3. I have completed 26,600 KMs).☺

Looking forward to your updates on the real time tyre pressure monitoring system. I think your car will be the first one amongst the S-Cross to go for such an update.

Hope your remapping with Code6 is giving you higher dividends.

Regards,
Sree.
Old 27th March 2017, 18:15   #118
BHPian

Updating the thread with some latest DIYs done to my car which are in a separate thread located at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tallation.html
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:58   #119
BHPian

Service Update
  • ODO: 27968
  • Cost(Parts) 4083.20 + VAT
  • Cost(Labour) 3522 + Tax
  • Total Bill: 8726

Parts
  • Cabin Air Filter - Ciaz and New Swift - 344.98
  • Oil Filter - 340.61
  • Plug Assy, Oil Drain - 74.24
  • Consumables - 250
  • Grease, Caliper Assy - 55.90
  • Screen Wash 50 ML - 39.30
  • Synthetic Oil (5W40 - Castrol 3.1 liters) - 2978.17

Labour
  • Periodic Maintenance - 2820
  • Front Brake Caliper Ass R & R - 251
  • Rear Wheel Hub (2WD, Drum Brake, One Side) 301
  • Air Cleaner Assy R & R - 150

*** Service Experience ***

The interesting thing to me in the service charges was the Periodic Maintenance charge. For S-Cross 1.3 it was 1820 as per the board and for S-Cross 1.6 it was 2820. When I asked the service advisor about the extra 1K, he said it was the EGR cleaning charge! Looking at the expression on my face, he clarified that EGR cleaning is done at 30K service and that the item is mentioned on the service charges board. Sure enough it was written down on the service charges board as a line item and also mentioned in the estimate as "part of" the periodic service, Not as a separate labour work. I was a bit miffed with him at this since it should have been mentioned clearly as part of the job which is extra at certain mileage and not as part of regular service charge.

I was told the car was ready by 1 PM, but when I went there, it was still sitting for water wash. It took 2 hours for them and my piece of mind to get them kicking on the work. Later, i figured the washing was done and car was lying inside the wash room. I really got mad at the service advisor at that point. Paid the bill after enquiring all the charges and left.

This is always the case with Pratham motors, Queens road. They need as much time water washing the car as much as they need for regular service time.

S-Cross owners, be aware of the charges. Ask and always clarify.

I was offered wheel balancing, A/C cleaning, polishing, upholstery cleaning and all. I denied everything since I knew it would be a bad job for the cost paid and the car won't be delivered earlier.

Other problems: The cleaning folks cut the dash cam power cable. The cam cannot be powered now. I didn't contest it since the advisory clearly asked me to remove all items that were not part of the out of the box package. I need to refix the cable now somehow. I'd probably buy a new adapter and fix it since it would be a lot more easier with the extra 12v socket I put behind the dash.

Side note: The advisor was very amused at the TPMS thing and asked for installation details. He was even more surprised when I said I installed the monitor myself.

I also got the updates to the head unit. It doesn't have the android auto update. Just some bug fixes.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 09:00   #120
BHPian

Minor Upgrade

I installed foot well lamps for the rear floor area on Saturday as DIY. A detailed report is published in the DIY section.

Link:

Last edited by sudeepg : 17th April 2017 at 09:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks