Team-BHP - The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/169126-new-age-mahindra-xuv5oo-w8-fwd-my-battle-cats-roar-edit-now-sold-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 (Post 3824897)
Congratulations achyu! Wish you many miles of happiness with the cheetah, Love the new white colour, Very comprehensive review aswell I am glad my ownership thread helped you making the final decision.

Thanks Tanveer. Its a pleasure reading the updates on your thread. Very informative.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 3824907)
Or when I am in Bangalore! Thanks for the kind words, achyu.

Of course, Sir! :) Is a drive to Bangalore on the cards any time soon? I will most likely drive down to Chennai in November to visit family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyu (Post 3824922)
Is a drive to Bangalore on the cards any time soon?

In another week's time, I shall drive to Bangalore, but the date is yet to be finalized.

Quote:

I will most likely drive down to Chennai in November to visit family.
In November, we will be in Bangalore, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang_shelby (Post 3824905)
@achyu, Congratulations on your new BattleCat. Wish you a lot of safe and interesting miles ahead.

I can relate to your observation on the NVH levels. I was recently driving a self-drive XUV500 (pre-facelift) in Munnar, and in the ghats I had to roll down the windows a couple of inches, since I could not hear the horns from the oncoming traffic coming around the bends (but not yet visible) with the windows up.
Overall, it is a superb vehicle and is on my shortlist as my next vehicle.

Thanks mustang_shelby. I remember the first time I drove the XUV5OO, back in 2012, I kept braking because I wasn't sure that the horn was working. :D I even got out of the vehicle to check and was pleasantly surprised :). The noise insulation was probably one of the first things that made me a fan of the beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 3824943)
In another week's time, I shall drive to Bangalore, but the date is yet to be finalized.

In November, we will be in Bangalore, I think.

Unfortunately, I need to fly to the US next week for a face-to-face meeting. November should be doable. We could perhaps arrange a meet-up with fellow BHPians or at least the XUV5OO owners if people are willing and can eek out the time.

What a wonderful and detailed thread achyu. Rated this ownership report a well deserved 5 Stars. Please drop by Besant Nagar Beach when you are in Chennai as I live nearby. I would love to meet your Battlecat. :D

Excellent achyu. The new Age XUV is way ahead in terms of quality, fit and finish and of-course looks. Mahindra has cleverly removed the overdone design elements from previous version while maintain the Cheeta DNA.
Best wishes for your ownership and I am sure this Cat will keep on roaring for a long time to come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthick_b (Post 3825173)
What a wonderful and detailed thread achyu. Rated this ownership report a well deserved 5 Stars. Please drop by Besant Nagar Beach when you are in Chennai as I live nearby. I would love to meet your Battlecat. :D

Thank you karthick_b. Will try and drop by when in Chennai. I love the Besant Nagar Beach. My uncle stays in Kottivakam and we often visit him. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevvity (Post 3825197)
Excellent achyu. The new Age XUV is way ahead in terms of quality, fit and finish and of-course looks. Mahindra has cleverly removed the overdone design elements from previous version while maintain the Cheeta DNA.
Best wishes for your ownership and I am sure this Cat will keep on roaring for a long time to come.

Thank you grevvity. Mahindra sure has improved the beast. I hope they can go one step further and introduce an automatic variant soon. One big piece that is missing in the pie. I think the Cheetah will have a lot more takers if that is available. :thumbs up

A quick update:

Had planned the first highway trip, to Murudeshwar and Gokarna, during the holidays last week but that didn't happen. Was requested to fly out to the US for a face-to-face product planning meeting at short notice. Very disappointed that I missed out on not just the road trip, more so the quality time with the family. I have negotiated some compensation leave during the week of Diwali. Let's hope something works out then.

It's been close to a month of ownership. I had hoped to complete at least 1500 KMs by now but due to the sudden dash to the states, the ODO sits at around 650 KMs in about 2.5 weeks of city running. I am getting a mileage of around 10 kmpl.

Got back from the business trip over the weekend and immediately took the cat out on a 80km drive :). Also pasted the Got BHP sticker between the model and the version - the space had looked bare but now the beast looks well-dressed :D.

Some of us BHPians are planning to meet on Friday, Oct 30th 9.30PM, at Indian Paratha Company just after the Bengaluru International Airport, followed by a drive down to the border. BHPians in or visiting Bangalore are welcome to join us. More the merrier. Look forward to catching up with the team here.

The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_2298.jpg

Had a wonderful meet with fellow BHPians here in Bangalore last night at Indian Paratha Company. We had a sumptuous dinner, followed by a quick drive to the border tollgate, posed for a few photos and then drove back home. Here are a couple of photos:

From left to right: bejoy, Prashanth, mpksuhas, paragsachania, fusionbang, Arun Josie, Indian, cmiuc, speedsatya, abirnale, yours truly, brraj and J.Ravi
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_2324.jpg

And our rides, from left to right: my BattleCat, mpksuhas' Optimus Prime, J.Ravi's Purple Cheetah, abirnale's Orange Cheetah, Arun Josie's Linea, Prashanth's Rapid, cmiuc's Cheetah, Indian's Cheetah and Sunay's Silver Cougar. paragsachania's Ertiga and speedsatya's Ciaz were parked on the other side.
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_2328.jpg

Guys, thank you so much for coming and for making my first Team-BHP meet fun and memorable!

Cheers

Did a quick drive with the family to Kolar today. Stopped at Kamat Upachar on NH4, 16 kms from Kolar, for lunch. Very decent food.

My BattleCat has completed 1000 Kms, thanks to the drives yesterday and today, in three weeks of running. Not bad I must say.

Here are some snaps from my drive today:

NH4 - the beautiful highway - wide and smooth
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_2334.jpg

Hotel Kamat Upachar
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_2332.jpg

The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_2331.jpg

Keeping good company - BattleCat parked next to a Pajero Sport :)
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_2333.jpg

Finally, a nice long trip planned for the weekend. The BattleCat will be taking me and my family to Dharmasthala, Udupi and Murudeshwar - a trip that we had initially planned for the Dussera holidays but had to cancel.

The plan is to leave Bangalore early on Saturday morning, halt at Udupi on Saturday night, spend Sunday night at Murudeshwar and return to Bangalore via Jog and Shimoga on Monday.

A trip with something for everyone - temples, beaches, beautiful landscapes, waterfall. Super excited!

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyu (Post 3840710)

Finally, a nice long trip planned for the weekend. The BattleCat will be taking me and my family to Dharmasthala

Super excited!

Woah achyu thats quite a lot of driving you have planned for the weekend clap:

Have planned a visit to Dharmasthala next month and would really appreciate if you could provide the road conditions you observe during your drive bro.

Wish you a happy & safe drive. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 3840799)
Woah achyu thats quite a lot of driving you have planned for the weekend clap:

Have planned a visit to Dharmasthala next month and would really appreciate if you could provide the road conditions you observe during your drive bro.

Wish you a happy & safe drive. :D

Thanks Vikram! Sure thing. I will post on the conditions and the experiences from the trip. I have taken next week off from work and so will get enough time to do so :D

By the way, I checked with paragsachania who had driven through a major portion of this route as recently as 10 days ago and he said the roads are nothing to worry about. Gave me a lot of confidence as I will be traveling with my in-laws and an 80 year old Granny.

Been dying to do this trip - my longest trip yet, in about one month's of ownership, has been a 240 km drive with our good mates at Team-BHP after the meet last week. :thumbs up

PS: The mother of all road trips is this one - London to Jammu: With a Range Rover - AMAZING!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by achyu (Post 3840815)

Been dying to do this trip - my longest trip yet, in about one month's of ownership, has been a 240 km drive with our good mates at Team-BHP after the meet last week. :thumbs up

Oh then this will be more than 4 times the distance you have driven on your longest drive achyu and I am sure you will love every centimetre of that lol:

[/quote]

PS: London to Jammu: With a Range Rover - AMAZING!!

[/quote]

:OT - Just yesterday I saw this Linea on the road near my office while commuting in cab:

The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151102_112605.jpg

The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151102_112609.jpg

Bangalore to Paris by road in a T-JET is completely beyond me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 3840892)
Just yesterday I saw this Linea on the road near my office while commuting in cab:

Bangalore to Paris by road in a T-JET is completely beyond me.

Woah true blue explorers! Not sure how these guys find the guts, time and money for such journeys. I am sure the research and planning are really long and as much fun as the journey itself :) Hats off to them. Wonder if he is a BHPian - will be nice travelogue to look forward to :D

Accessory update:

I got the Coozo 5D Mats today. Very happy with the purchase :thumbs up. Here is the product's amazon.in link.

The price has gone up. I had paid 5200/- last week.

Positives:
1. Covers the ENTIRE floor.
2. Easy to wipe off the water and clean dust particles.
3. Firm - no chance of any slipping. Seems very durable.
4. Looks and feels plush - same color as the seats and has a leather finish

Negatives:
1. Dicky mat not of the right size
2. This one is not really a negative but just a fear - hope it doesn't smell with time. Seems easy to maintain; hope it stays that way.
3. Worried that the golden bit on the driver side mat may come off at some point.

Some photos:

Driver side:
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-driver_side.jpg

Notice the anti-skid golden plate. Hope parts of it don't come off with regular use.
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-driver_side2.jpg

Passenger side:
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-passenger_side.jpg

Second row:
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-second_row.jpg

The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-manufacturer.jpg

Third row:
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-third_row.jpg

Dicky. One size too big.
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-dicky.jpg

Small velcro bits to hold the mat in it's place.
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-velcro.jpg

Back of the mat. Also notice the thickness.
The New Age Mahindra XUV5OO W8 FWD - My Battle Cat's Roar EDIT: Now sold!-back_side.jpg

OTHER UPDATES: All set for my 3 day road trip to Udupi and Murdeshwar. Will be visiting many other places en route. Will post about the travel next week.