Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 11:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 Ownership Review - A Tank to tame the road!

Congratulations Captain Rex on your TUV3OO! Wish you miles of happiness!

Somehow I am wondering why you bought TUV? From Vento TDI to 3 pot TUV seems like a downgrade. I read your report and I don't get a single reason except a new car bug bite. Excuse me if I am offending you.
StepUP! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 11:35   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride Cap!!.

I must say interior quality of TUV300 is in a different league altogether when compared to Scorprio. Only thing I am not happy with its interiors is the power window switches. Why in the world would anyone place the switches in central console. Coming from Vento I would say, you might find it uncomfortable to operate this for quite sometime.

Anyways I wish you a safe and enjoyable ride with your TANK
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the beast! According to me its for the first time that Mahindra has got it right on the shape, though the dashboard could have been made slanting rather than a vertical flat.

Nothing seems awkward or overly done, externally, the TUV300 looks great.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations CaptainRex Wish you happy miles with the TANK

Ownership review has been well put together. I think you missed mentioning about "Kitna Deti he" part as there has been a huge difference as per the ARAI specification and the reviews.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:52   #20
BHPian

The exhaustive photography compliments well with the write-up, good job on that. Congratulations on your Butch BLACK TUV3OO.
And the comparison with the Fortuner is legitimate, just saw a white TUV3OO and silver Fortuner side-by-side. TUV looks taller because of its taller bonnet. Everywhere else the TUV falls behind the Japanese stallion.
Wish you many many happy miles ahead!
shree_shell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:55   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride, Captain!! It does look really menacing, beyond its size, in this black shade. (now what should we call it, Mahindra? 'Sintex black'? )
For me personally, the TUV does look more mature than even the original XUV. It is well engineered for its intended purpose, has the basics covered perfectly, and should serve you very well.
But more than stuff like legroom, fuel efficiency, low end torque, plastic quality, etc. looking beyond all of that; there is this certain raw appeal to it that no other CUV can match. It may still be a bit rough around the edges, but it doesn't even pretend that it isn't. It is hardcore to the T, and flaunts its square jaw and mountain goat looks with pride.
Congratulations once again, and hope to find you around tearing rough roads apart!

On a different note, I am usually a big hater of too much chrome on cars, and was a bit skeptical when I read that you put on chrome on the door handles. But on yours, I feel the chrome door handles actually look quite neat on the black body and help breaking the slab-sided look of the profile. But the same on a white TUV would look disastrous.

Quote:
Yes it crashed in through that hole you see on the right side wall.
ROFLMAO!!!

Last edited by mukul32 : 21st October 2015 at 13:19.
mukul32 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 13:24   #22
BHPian

Congratulations Caption Rex!. Wishing you happy miles with the "Tank" . The tank looks really nice in Black. The interiors looks like well put together.

You may get used to operating the audio / phone controls without having to look down over a period of time and same applies for the power windows controls.

Need to downshift to overtake above 80kmph speeds (may be due to the weight of the tank) is bit disappointing. For occasional highway trips this should be just fine.

Again, wishing you happy miles with your Tank.
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 13:56   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Captain Rex. Was about to book Ertiga and your report is forcing me to go for a TD of TUV. We might have another owner on t-Bhp soon

Did you consider the automatic as well ? If yes, please throw some light on why you chose manual over automatic.

Edit : I think this review is so well written, we can take this a an official Team-Bhp Review since the wait for it is never ending. Don't really know the reason why. I rely on Team Bhp so much that this car completely slipped out of my mind as was shortlisting cars only looking at official reviews on T-Bhp.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 21st October 2015 at 14:07.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:01   #24
BHPian

Very well compiled Ownership review. I test drove the tank and agree with most of your views.

I do feel that the engine sounds strained at higher rpms and doesn't seem rev happy. May be it might get better with some break in. What is the top speed you hit with this.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:07   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Captain Rex. Wish you a many happy and delightful miles with the Tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Attachment 1427422

The spare wheel and the side step were not included when TUV went in for the 'sub 4 m' tax benefits:
Sorry, but didn't get this point. Could you please elaborate?
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
Congratulations Captain Rex. Wish you a many happy and delightful miles with the Tank.

Sorry, but didn't get this point. Could you please elaborate?
It means that the spare wheel and side steps are not accounted while measuring the length of the vehicle to avail sub 4 meter tax benefit. It is the length between the front and rear bumper which is considered as the actual length of the vehicle.
grevvity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
It means that the spare wheel and side steps are not accounted while measuring the length of the vehicle to avail sub 4 meter tax benefit. It is the length between the front and rear bumper which is considered as the actual length of the vehicle.
Ah, that I know thanks to the Ecosport review. The quoted statement made me believe something else, my bad.
Old 21st October 2015, 14:28   #28
BHPian

Wow! Amazing. I saw a black TUV crossing me in Trivandrum today morning and I could not help think back that we have not had an official review of it yet on Team BHP. Lo and behold, I see this ownership review. Fantastic review. Like many in this thread, I did not even approach for a Test Drive because the reviews are not out on Tbhp! All said, I wish you many happy miles on the Tank and hope people give due respect on road watching it forge ahead! And oh, absolutely cool pics.
theroadrunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 16:31   #29

Congrats Captain ! A perfect combination of features and performance at very very reasonable price.
Just needed to ask, as the drivetrain in your vento was FW and in TUV it is RW, did you find any difference yourself ?
Old 21st October 2015, 17:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Captain on the Tank. The first ownership report here in Tbhp, right?A detailed well written one too

Black is the sexiest color for the TUV - wishing you many happy miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
For me personally, the TUV does look more mature than even the original XUV.
Why is the XUV the original one? If at all, the genes of the TUV can be considered to be from the Scorpio
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed