Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2006, 11:16   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Where do i star

Had a alto vxi 1.1 which my Father-in-law tookover when his zen became too old. I was in London on a company visit (for 4 months) when this happenned. My alto had run only 25000 kms. I had bought it second hand a year and half back when it had done just 9000 kms. So I had to look around for another car. My father gave a token Rs. 10000 towards the wagonr mentioning that i would confirm on return to India (after doing a test drive) or cancel if not satisfied.

My son is just 1 1/2 years old. My wife is not too tall. Hence started looking around for a car which had good road view. Wife is also keen to drive but not immediately. My daily running would be around 50 kms with weekends eating up another 150 kms.(sat and sun together). So almost 1600 kms a month. One of the criteria was a good FE.

Test Drove the wagonR, Swift and Indica. Indica though comfortable, my wife did not like it much. The wagonR was liked by all of us and so was the swift.

After contemplating for few days, the wagonr won the hearts at home including my son who found the swift a little gloomy . We chose the wagonr duo (fingers crossed)

Approached SBI, IOB and private banks for loan and found out that SBI was not only better but had a good tie up with Maruti and hence approval was fast (Got the loan within a day).

On wednesday (6th of sep), our contact person from CARS called up to inform us that the wagonr had arrived and we could get delivery within the next few days. Informed bank who promptely made a draft for the whole car value (loan + margin) and our contact person from CARS came down to pick it up on thursday. Friday ,the car was sent to RTO for registering where my dad went and checked the car in person.

I had requested for power windows to be included even though it was a lxi which we had booked. This was done on saturday and after the number plate was painted, we got a call around 2 in the afternoon to pick up the car.

I had to donate blood for a friend and went to the hospital first. Had some food and drink to energise myself and went to take delivery of my car. On friday i had taken a checklist to be done pre-delivery (from team-bhp... cut and pasted the whole thing and took a printout).

Armed myself with the PDI sheet went to the showroom. My car was parked right outside the showroom. Looked amazing. Finished with the paper work formalities and came out to do the inspection. The CARS guy gave me his PDI sheet as well. Inspected for almost an 1 1/2 and then we went for a drive. Everything looked ok. Signed the sheet and took delivery.

The petrol was minimum (no lpg in tank), CARS gave me a voucher to be used in nearby petrol bunk for 5 litres, which i did not use and went to my usual shell bunk and filled petrol. LPG is available at only BP bunk a few Kms away. Went and filled that as well (almost 15 kgs).

The Car

First thing to change was the tyres.Switched to Bridgestone Turanza and Aura Alloys after giving the stock JK's in exchange.

The LPG filling opening. Its on the drivers side while petrol filling is at its usual place.

Inside of the wagonr

The LPG switching system is very easy. The car starts only on petrol (whatever option you choose). If the switch is for lpg, the vehicle after a minute of two switches over to lpg. There is a small tick sound which indicates the switchover and a very small lag. The car though a tad slow in response is peppy enough for city use. Othewise everything else is normal.

The below screenshots are of the LPG switch.

Engine is switched off. No lights burn

Chosen fuel is petrol

Chose fuel is LPG

Will post more pictures of the car engine and the ODD'ly placed 5th tyre soon.

Detailed drive report will also follow.
Old 11th September 2006, 13:09   #2
BHPian

Congrats !!! Nice report. Enjoy your car. And keep the reports coming.
Old 11th September 2006, 13:45   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. The color looks really cool. Please post some pics of the interior as well.

Some questions though.

a) Are power windows a dealer fitted option. Do you have power windows on all four doors.

b) What size of alloys and tyres have you changed to and are these tubeless.

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 11th September 2006, 13:56   #4
BHPian

thanks guys....

1. Power Windows were additional. I paid around 7K for it (front 2 doors)
2. Alloys aree 13 inch and yes they are tubeless - Bridgestone Turanza
Old 11th September 2006, 14:01   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Very well written review Congratulations on ur car, the new wagonR definatly scores over santro and others. Do write more bout the LPG drive n feel factor.
Old 11th September 2006, 14:43   #6
BHPian

Wow.. Congrats... Also what was the total cost of WagonR..
Old 11th September 2006, 14:50   #7
BHPian

thank you...

josh.... 4.25 before tyre/alloy change and power windows....
Old 11th September 2006, 14:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on ur new purchase,bharani.
Old 11th September 2006, 15:17   #9
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang
First thing to change was the tyres.Switched to Bridgestone Turanza and Aura Alloys after giving the stock JK's in exchange.
Congratulations on your new purchase. Could you give more details of your tyres/wheels upgrade? (What size rims, tyres? I assume the tyres are tubeless -- are they H-rated?) Did you choose the tyres/wheels yourself or were they recommended by Maruti or the ASC?
Old 11th September 2006, 15:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Plz give a review on the seating and passenger comfort etc !! Also plz review the passenger comfort and rear-seats.
Old 12th September 2006, 05:05   #11
BHPian

Hey

Nice report yaar!. Well this is one thing I was waiting for a long time. Even my Sister has booked one for herself. Wanted to know more about the car as to how is the driving in this new car. Any notable adavantages vs disadvantages with the old Wagon R.
Old 12th September 2006, 08:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the new WagonR cheers:

I have one question: Did you enquire the dealer about why the width of LXi is lesser than the VXi model? And what is it that takes up extra width in the VXi?
Old 12th September 2006, 09:18   #13
BHPian

thank you...

the tyre profile is 155/70R13 75H and we chose the tyre. One funny thing i noticed was that the same profile in pirelli is cheaper than bridgestone ! I thought otherwise.

Dceite... i did not check that up. will do so and let u know today.

ironmarine... i noticed that the a/c is a little better in the new version. also there is 4 fan speeds for a/c instead of 3. the back seat comfort is better now. the car is a little slow when u do the switch over from petrol to lpg... needs a little getting used to... and ask ur sis to change the tyre as early as possible... the stock ones are lousy. the three spoke steering is great. Though i sorely miss the tacho... the dial lighting up when you switch on your headlights are very good.

we have not gone full loaded yet in the car... but 3 at the back will feel a little cramped. I dont know if you guys noticed on the website or not, the lpg version is shown as a 4 seater only (not 5). maybe for keeping tax down? and reducing the cost ?

my usage is only 3 (including a 2 year old)... and sometimes 4... not more...

will calculate mileage only after 1st service.

Last edited by bharanidharang : 12th September 2006 at 09:25.
Old 12th September 2006, 10:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bharani

Congrats on your car. Please post more pics of interiors. Are there any new goodies added to Duo?

Planning for ICE?
Old 12th September 2006, 10:48   #15

how do u install speakers in the rear???????????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks