Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 23:42   #181
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Yeah it happens. My Jeans suddenly became tighter after seeing 50% discount on Diesel Jeans.
Yeah it does happen, sometimes its just a matter of perception on account of brand value and sometimes its by virtue of actual experience.
For me it was the experience which was giving my visceral organs a hangover!

So in your case did you actually try out the Diesel jeans to check if they are indeed more comfy than your current pair of jeans or was it just because you saw that there was an offer on "DIESEL"?
Old 13th November 2015, 12:33   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Yeah it does happen, sometimes its just a matter of perception on account of brand value and sometimes its by virtue of actual experience.
For me it was the experience which was giving my visceral organs a hangover!

So in your case did you actually try out the Diesel jeans to check if they are indeed more comfy than your current pair of jeans or was it just because you saw that there was an offer on "DIESEL"?
On the lighter side, I bought a Levis(Linea T-Jet) since both Diesel(Abarth) and Levis(Linea T-Jet) are made in same shop Gokaldas Exports Ltd (Fiat) lol !.

Guys is there any insider information about the Brembo Braking system kit? Can they be fitted into Linea? And how much it may cost?
Old 13th November 2015, 19:27   #183
BHPian

Spotted this Abarth Punto while traveling from Thrissur to Perumbavoor. She is quite the looker, and can give quite a chase as well
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review-1447423029513.jpg  

GKR9900 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 15:46   #184
BHPian

So another update from my dealer. He now states that Fiat has done away with identifying and selecting Abarth Punto dealers. Every Fiat dealer can sell and service Abarth Punto and the order for the car goes directly to the factory. I'm not sure if it's any different for the other cars though. Anyway, now the funny part. He also said that the bookings for black colour have now started. When my wife told me that, in my head I went like, which colour did he take the booking amount from us then.
Old 15th November 2015, 09:46   #185
BHPian

Here's the chase the mighty scorpion gave. I must say my dieseltronic held up pretty good
Old 15th November 2015, 13:31   #186
Senior - BHPian

One thing Fiat should probably do is "REMOVE" the Test Drive link from their website and let interested people fend for themselves. I requested for a TD of Abarth and have not received one yet. However, 2 occasions I have been called by Fiat (Pune I suppose, non Bangalore number) and asked if I got a TD.

Same had happened to Avventura. I used to get calls enquiring if I got a TD or not, but no one ever showed up. If I remember correctly, I had got a Test Drive after 36 days. The executive had given a lame excuse that Avventura was in high demand hence the delay. Then when I asked how many units their dealership had sold ever since launch, it was a single digit, that too on the lower side.

In this e-age where most people prefer to do online whatever is possible, such laxity may be shooing off potential customers, however small it may be.

Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 15th November 2015 at 14:51. Reason: Corrected as requested
Old 20th November 2015, 11:17   #187

Excited - became the owner of Chennai's first Abarth - took delivery a few days back.
Will send in a detailed review shortly - but the 2-3 days driving experience cane be summed up in one word - PHENOMENAL. Lives upto every expectation that we may have.
Detailed review very soon.....

Madhu
madhurules is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 12:21   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhurules View Post
Excited - became the owner of Chennai's first Abarth - took delivery a few days back.
Will send in a detailed review shortly - but the 2-3 days driving experience cane be summed up in one word - PHENOMENAL. Lives upto every expectation that we may have.

Madhu

Congrats ! Finally an Abarth on the Forum. Did you get the black or the white ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 20th November 2015 at 12:27.
Old 20th November 2015, 12:28   #189
BHPian

Quote:

Madhu
Congrats
Since you're the first owner in the forum, can we have a very detailed ownership report please? Since that will take some time, can we at least have a few pics to drool over for the time being?
Old 20th November 2015, 15:35   #190
BHPian

@madhurules: Congratulations mate on being the first Abarth owner on the forum. Wish you many many happy drives. I hope to join the club in a week or two. Do share your experience in a new thread.
Old 20th November 2015, 17:03   #191

Sure - have 2 as of now taken at the dealership before delivery....
Here they are.. will click a few more tomorrow morning when the light is better - its pretty cloudy here right now.
Thanks guys....
Madhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Congrats
Since you're the first owner in the forum, can we have a very detailed ownership report please? Since that will take some time, can we at least have a few pics to drool over for the time being?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review-20151120032801.jpg  

Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review-20151120032748.jpg  

madhurules is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 17:25   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Madhu
Congrats Madhu!!
Will wait for your detailed report, do post the link in this thread as well.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th November 2015 at 17:55. Reason: fixed quote tags
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 17:40   #193

sure. will send in a detailed review...... can someone let me know in which forum i should post the review - should i start a new thread or reply to the current thread? am not very active on team-bhp and hence these queries! Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 17:50   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sure. will send in a detailed review...... can someone let me know in which forum i should post the review - should i start a new thread or reply to the current thread? am not very active on team-bhp and hence these queries! Thanks
Congrats on your Hot Hatch.

But buddy, please start a new thread. Let it be descriptive with as many pictures and information as possible. The car deserves that.
Old 20th November 2015, 19:59   #195
BHPian

Many Congratulations for being Chennai's & our forum's First Abarth Punto Owner. Like many here, I will be eagerly looking forward for your detailed review and pictures.
Quote:

Madhu

Most Viewed