Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 15:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Life just got easier - Ford Figo 1.5L DCT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Hi, any updates on the transmission work?
Just got back the car, they have replaced the Dual Clutch assembly and I am yet to receive detailed bill. Since this gone through the warranty process and the parts were replaced FOC its gonna take couple more weeks as per SA, from what I have been told they have replaced parts worth 60K. I haven't got any satisfactory answers regarding why it failed, what was the real problem etc, they just said it might be a manufacturing defect as the clutch had worn out real bad.

Will update the car performance after a couple of days drive.

Guys, please get your cars checked out if you doubt any of these symptoms before getting too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Hi,

My car is a Swift Dzire AT. I also have the AC bad smell for the initial 2-3 minutes. I had changed the evaporator coil under warranty. The smell went away for 3-4 months, but it is back again. Let me know your findings about the AC bad smell.

Thank you,

Pradeep
I had asked the SA to check the cooling coil, don't know whether they have done anything as the bill is yet to be received.
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 18:25   #62
BHPian

The foul smell issue is not resolved yet, I doubt it something to do with CatCon as the smell is very prominent in the basement, windows rolled down.
Old 12th December 2017, 13:05   #63
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Just got back the car, they have replaced the Dual Clutch assembly and I am yet to receive detailed bill. Since this gone through the warranty process and the parts were replaced FOC its gonna take couple more weeks as per SA, from what I have received.
Another DCT issue. I'm taking a pre-owned Aspire DCT Delivery tomorrow and this has me worried yet I find this car best for my parents.
How are things now? Would you recommend others to buy the car?
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
Another DCT issue. I'm taking a pre-owned Aspire DCT Delivery tomorrow and this has me worried yet I find this car best for my parents.
How are things now? Would you recommend others to buy the car?
Things are the same after replacement also and I wouldn't recommend a DCT for city drive, may not be that prominent during long drives.

Last edited by LionX : 2nd January 2018 at 20:21. Reason: Spell check
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:39   #65
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Things are the same after replacement also and I wouldn't recommend a DCT for city drive, may not be that prominent during long drives.
Thank you, friend, but the message came too late. I already bought it and things are good as of now. It does pack a good punch for a petrol engine!!
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:42   #66
BHPian

happy to hear that and yes it does feel very powerful.
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:43   #67
NTO
BHPian

Quote:
Got bored?

Let there be some music

The music system for an OEM is rather good. I'm not talking about a person who comes from a 52-speaker surround bedding from Audi Q7 nor the uber-stylish Bose systems that come in the holy trinity. The output from stock speakers are good for the commuter drive the car will be exposed to for 90% of its life with me. Yesterday my trusted guy Amol (Reliable Audio) agreed that the speakers were enough to not warrant an immediate replacement. My Harman Kardon setup on my Scorpio does sound better, but it did cost me enough to not have it replicated again, considering the less real estate in the Figo. Sound aficionado may want to change bits and parts, but for a normal Joe on USB and radio, the current configuration should serve just fine.
A very well written review. Thank you for sharing your honest opinion on the car. I might purchase this. Just that, I would have liked the DCT on the Titanium + configuration.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd March 2018 at 11:56. Reason: Long post quote trimmed for benefit of mobile users.
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:17   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
A very well written review. Thank you for sharing your honest opinion on the car. I might purchase this. Just that, I would have liked the DCT on the Titanium + configuration.
Thanks to one and all,

It's been a while since I have visited and answered any of the questions. And my sincere apologies for that. But first things first, I sincerely hope everyone who has visited and left a message and all those who haven't, are enjoying this wonderful car. In the milieu of average hatches that our market has been flooded with, it's a poignant reminder how much we miss out on capable cars.

The Figo is one such machine. The car had taken me through roads and no roads, through streets jostling for space, had been grazed by motorbikes who have an affinity towards smooching etc. All this without so much as even a scratch on the perfectly balanced exterior. However, you all will be sad to know, what it could not handle was the abject disregard for civic facilities and the gargantuan callousness of our civic bodies in Mumbai. When on a fateful evening of 29th August, my car experienced, what scores of other cars experienced in Mumbai that night. The car submerged in water could not be revived. The engine was perfectly fine, however the transmission was impregnated and refused to engage reverse and anything more than the 2nd gear.

The DCT is an expensive component and to replace that would have meant spending close to half the amount I had bought the car 22 months back. Reluctantly and saddled with sorrow, I bid her good bye in a Ford workshop but didn't have the heart to see it being reined in on a tow truck to the salvage buyer. I still have a picture of her from that day; and it has not been replaced in the garage by any other car.

Given a choice, I would buy the Figo again, probably in the diesel guise. Or atleast wait till the new TC gearbox sieves through from the bigger EcoSport. The DCT has had its own gremlins and I wouldn't be surprised to note that the plug gets pulled off it soon. Till then, au revoir to everyone who still own this car. It's a special one, a light cool breeze in the doldrums of humdrum.

Last edited by methecupid : 2nd March 2018 at 12:19.
methecupid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 17:14   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to one and all,

That is one sad sad thing to have happened to your car. I have been following this thread from day 1 and had been wondering on the missed updates.

I also do hope you find a worthy replacement. And half the cost of purchase for repairs is just crazy. Ford should treat its customers better I feel.
Old 15th March 2018, 15:14   #70
NTO
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to one and all,

It's been a while since I have visited and answered any of the questions. And my sincere apologies for that. But first things first, I sincerely hope everyone who has visited and left a message and all those who haven't, are enjoying this wonderful car. In the milieu of average hatches that our market has been flooded with, it's a poignant reminder how much we miss out on capable cars.

The Figo is one such machine. The car had taken me through roads and no roads, through streets jostling for space, had been grazed by motorbikes who have an affinity towards smooching etc. All this without so much as even a scratch on the perfectly balanced exterior. However, you all will be sad to know, what it could not handle was the abject disregard for civic facilities and the gargantuan callousness of our civic bodies in Mumbai. When on a fateful evening of 29th August, my car experienced, what scores of other cars experienced in Mumbai that night. The car submerged in water could not be revived. The engine was perfectly fine, however the transmission was impregnated and refused to engage reverse and anything more than the 2nd gear.

The DCT is an expensive component and to replace that would have meant spending close to half the amount I had bought the car 22 months back. Reluctantly and saddled with sorrow, I bid her good bye in a Ford workshop but didn't have the heart to see it being reined in on a tow truck to the salvage buyer. I still have a picture of her from that day; and it has not been replaced in the garage by any other car.

Given a choice, I would buy the Figo again, probably in the diesel guise. Or atleast wait till the new TC gearbox sieves through from the bigger EcoSport. The DCT has had its own gremlins and I wouldn't be surprised to note that the plug gets pulled off it soon. Till then, au revoir to everyone who still own this car. It's a special one, a light cool breeze in the doldrums of humdrum.
This is so saddening to hear and I could just imagine how hard it would've been for you to let her go. We struggled hard in December of 2015 to save both our cars (Vento Highline TDI 2014 and Punto Emotion 75HP 2015) from the disastrous chennai floods. One car was parked in my dad's office on a 7 feet high elevation among newly made trucks and other one was kept in shelter in my house. I witnessed a few of my friends suffer this loss during these floods. Sorry for that man. May god bestow the courage in you to replace the spot with another beauty.
Old 11th December 2018, 07:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reluctantly and saddled with sorrow, I bid her good bye in a Ford workshop but didn't have the heart to see it being reined in on a tow truck to the salvage buyer. I still have a picture of her from that day; and it has not been replaced in the garage by any other car.
Is this car in question, by any chance, your car?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...what-next.html
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks